General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Christiano Ronaldo... the best footballer in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Really? Because as far as I remember it, in the history of the Premiership, we've seen some amazing players:

Cantona, Zola, Klinsmann, Berbatov, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Ginola, Henry just off the top of my head....

The standard of the league is very high at the moment, and that is testament to Ronaldo's quality.
sorry i think i may have wrote it wrong, what i meant was that there are many leagues in europe but because everyone has skysports no-one watches anything else but the english league and are only interested in this league.

i cant see many people watching messi and kaka (amongst others)every week, if they did then they have a diff view.

i hope you get what im saying now

yes i agree the premier league is prob the strongest at the moment and going through a very good time as most of the top countrys do.

also i think they should leave the george best thing in the past where it belongs and stop comparing to current day.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by skeg
He's the top scorer in the PL and CL.
He's only top scorer because a lot of his goals were from either free kicks or penalties. For goals from open play, Torres would be top scorer as he doesn't take free kicks or pens to get his goal tally up and it's only his first season.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:50 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes he is pretty amazing but it helps when you also have a team around you like he does i dont think he would be talked about quite as much if he was at a different club

add berbatov to man utd and then we can watch some even more class
Old 02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
He's only top scorer because a lot of his goals were from either free kicks or penalties. For goals from open play, Torres would be top scorer as he doesn't take free kicks or pens to get his goal tally up and it's only his first season.

Thats quality.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
baker p
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by swerv
sorry i think i may have wrote it wrong, what i meant was that there are many leagues in europe but because everyone has skysports no-one watches anything else but the english league and are only interested in this league.

i cant see many people watching messi and kaka (amongst others)every week, if they did then they have a diff view.

i hope you get what im saying now

yes i agree the premier league is prob the strongest at the moment and going through a very good time as most of the top countrys do.

also i think they should leave the george best thing in the past where it belongs and stop comparing to current day.

but spanish football is also on sky sports?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hahaaa! "to get his goal tally up" Give us a break you nugget!

If torres had the confidence and dead ball ability of Ronaldo don't you think he would jump at the chance to take a few set pieces for his team?

Honestly, you write some amount of shit about your team and its players but that takes the biscuit!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by baker p
but spanish football is also on sky sports?
wonder how many people watch that since beckam has departed cant see it being on much longer tbh.

i actually enjoy watching some of the spanish football, villarreal are playing some nice stuff this year
Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can anyone name some one better at this present moment in time, cause i cant
Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

as i said in my 1st post he is the best player at this time and has been so consistant he deserves any awards he gets, i dont think anyone is disputing that fact though?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

without doubt the best footballer the game has seen in a long while imo, but the biggest arsehole too, Sadly
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

No one is on about Torres though this is about Ronnie and you maybe right with it boosting his goals but have you seen those free kicks? Some of them arguably better/harder than any Torres goal.

Bottom line though you can argue this or that but HE IS top scorer and thats all that matters and Torres aint a winger he starts up front further than anyone else for you.

Last edited by skeg; 02-04-2008 at 06:55 PM.