General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Christiano Ronaldo... the best footballer in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Taylor
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome talent!

By far the best in the world at the moment!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by swerv
last night united were lucky, they faced a roma side without key players and roma just couldnt put the ball in the back of the net dispite having excellent chances.

Its amazin how lucky United have been over the last 16 years .
They outplayed Roma last night, what game were you watching.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by swerv
i think people get a bit carried away with ronaldo sometimes because thats all people in this country see.

Really? Because as far as I remember it, in the history of the Premiership, we've seen some amazing players:

Cantona, Zola, Klinsmann, Berbatov, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Ginola, Henry just off the top of my head....

The standard of the league is very high at the moment, and that is testament to Ronaldo's quality.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
swettyring
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

he is an amazing talent.....and yes probably one of the best in the world.......shame he's such a ponse!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:02 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by MadRod
Admittedly i never saw the whole game, but what i did see was mainly Roma attacking United....but lacking the ability to finish!

United did what they had to away from home, defended well and scored on the break.

For me though Roma dominated the game.

As for the original question, the answer is yes.

Which is why Fergie constantly talks about protection as he is PETRIFIED of losing him to injury!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

hes a very good player with bags of ability theres no doubt about that but for me his diving/coning of the ref and his arrongance needs to stop, he dont NEED to do it so why does he? i remember a game against derby of all teams manure winning by 4 or 5 goals and he still felt the need to dive in the pen area and get a pen its pathetic.

how can you expect people to call him the best in the world when he feels the need to rely on diving when things dont go his way all the time.

that second clip by american sums up what i think of him when you say ronaldo, i had to laugh when i saw him beg the ref in that clip he KNEW what he did.

ronaldo without the diving and arrogance = best player in the world!

question for the manu fan dont you guys get annoyed at him when rooney or anyone else scores a goal and ronaldo never rushes over or looks too bothered that one of his team mates has just scored some time he'll celebrate on his own when hes put a cross in for the goal
Old 02-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

oh and pmsl at AJ
Old 02-04-2008, 01:24 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Hardeep - How can you say that lol.........oh yeah and Torres stays on his feet all the time lol.............torres looks like his doing a mexican wave everytime he goes down lol
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

ARE YOU FOR REAL!? watch a liverpool v reading game my friend, pick any of our meeting with them and tell me he he dives, take the blinkers of mate!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Hardeep_Singh
ARE YOU FOR REAL!? watch a liverpool v reading game my friend, pick any of our meeting with them and tell me he he dives, take the blinkers of mate!
I am not your friend hardeep and i dont have the blinkers on i am commenting on purely as a nutural. and you pick one game out of the ones he has played this year.remove your blinkers then my friend.....i have asked a couple of fans at my work and it was them who said he goes quite easy
Old 02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cristiano Ronaldo goes to the doctors and complains that he gets sexually aroused when looking in the mirror. "I'm not suprised" said the doctor "You're a cunt"
Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
Cristiano Ronaldo goes to the doctors and complains that he gets sexually aroused when looking in the mirror. "I'm not suprised" said the doctor "You're a cunt"
Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

best post on this thread
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by DanCossie
I am not your friend hardeep and i dont have the blinkers on i am commenting on purely as a nutural. and you pick one game out of the ones he has played this year.remove your blinkers then my friend.....i have asked a couple of fans at my work and it was them who said he goes quite easy
your not my friend ey ok! gutted!

as for only picking one i dont need to everyone knows he dives and is one of two things most hate about him so have it back
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by CossieRich
best post on this thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:10 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

your not my friend ey ok! gutted!

as for only picking one i dont need to everyone knows he dives and is one of two things most hate about him so have it back
so how can you say he doesnt dive...bit of a contradiction dont ya think

Old 02-04-2008, 03:19 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

at the moment gotta say he is the bestnuff said
Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

i was reffering to ronaldo
Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Bitter little Liverpool fans as per usual who most of them still can't admit (without taking it back with other talk) what is obvious and that is Ronaldo is the best player in the world, was last season to many and is by far now, way better than anything Liverpool have.

ROFL at Hardeep trying to negative it up with talk of diving etc. He's not like people from Portugal/Spain who in european games fall over and roll around like they are in pain when they aren't. He gets tripped or hacked down at pace and just sits there or waves his arms, never see him rolling around. A lot of the time he goes down after contact at speed which isn't a foul but is enough to take you down. If anyone is being honest they will admit that players like that get targeted by other players in order to stop them so obviously they will mistime things. Ronaldo was tripped off the ball last night v Roma for example in which their player got a yellow.

Ronaldo won player of the year and young player from PFA last year which is voted by players, no one thought a winger would do that and this year his beat that performance again. Most teams don't have a player up front getting 30-40 let alone a winger.

As for the Roma game, well i'm just pleased we beat one of the in form Italian teams doing well in Europe and the league who beat La Liga toppers Real Madrid home and away and we did it without any gifts like Red cards (so far) and with a player being injured in Vidic. We all saw in the second leg of Milan after we beat them how important it is to have your main back four fit.

6 English players involved last night as well and 5 started. But as i've said before i'd be happy for a good go in the CL producing some good entertainment as long as we win that Premier league. We need a 10th premiership trophy. Look at our defence and goal difference makes the rest look silly.

Last edited by skeg; 02-04-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Hardeeps views are his own...don't go trying to start arguments against all liverpool fans! the majority who have replied so far have agreed with the original post!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by bud-weis
Hardeeps views are his own...don't go trying to start arguments against all liverpool fans! the majority who have replied so far have agreed with the original post!

fookin hell an unbiased liverpool fan.....shame all of them aint like you Bud and as a FOOTBALL fan accept that there are other good players at clubs
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Really? Because as far as I remember it, in the history of the Premiership, we've seen some amazing players:

Cantona, Zola, Klinsmann, Berbatov, Fabregas, Bergkamp, Ginola, Henry just off the top of my head....

The standard of the league is very high at the moment, and that is testament to Ronaldo's quality.
Sorry, before i say anything else, why the hell have you included Berbatov in amongst Cantona, Ginola, Bergkamp, henry etc??? Your waaay off there fella.

As for Ronaldo diving, i'd say again, like i said earlier in the thread that he has just about cut that out of his game now, in my opinion he doesn't dive much more than most other foreigners in the premiership. Yes he still does it but its not an issue like it was, he has wisened up, unfortunately refs assume alot of the time he does dive when really the chances are he was fouled.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes sorry mate was again talking about the net as a whole rather than just here. I acknowledge you and Redkop etc have said he's the best. Just those people on the net who can't admit it or do and then go on to say but he's bad at this or dives or is a cunt or whatever they believe.

People hate the best and United are the best this season. It must be hard having to admit or give credit to United when they beat you 3-0 and 1-0 so i understand Hardeep in some way.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg
6 English players involved last night as well and 5 started..

Have to say as a Neutral fan ( well my team are outside the top flight ) thats the most encouraging stat and one reason i've always cheered on Man U in europe, they always have a decent English\British representation unlike Arsenal and Chelsea and nowadays Liverpool

On current form Ronaldo MUST win the World Player of the year, love him or loathe him he's score 36 goals and is VERY entertaining to watch. The guy puts bums on seats.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Bitter little Liverpool fans as per usual who most of them still can't admit (without taking it back with other talk) what is obvious and that is Ronaldo is the best player in the world, was last season to many and is by far now, way better than anything Liverpool have.

ROFL at Hardeep trying to negative it up with talk of diving etc. He's not like people from Portugal/Spain who in european games fall over and roll around like they are in pain when they aren't. He gets tripped or hacked down at pace and just sits there or waves his arms, never see him rolling around. A lot of the time he goes down after contact at speed which isn't a foul but is enough to take you down. If anyone is being honest they will admit that players like that get targeted by other players in order to stop them so obviously they will mistime things. Ronaldo was tripped off the ball last night v Roma for example in which their player got a yellow.

Ronaldo won player of the year and young player from PFA last year which is voted by players, no one thought a winger would do that and this year his beat that performance again. Most teams don't have a player up front getting 30-40 let alone a winger.

As for the Roma game, well i'm just pleased we beat one of the in form Italian teams doing well in Europe and the league who beat La Liga toppers Real Madrid home and away and we did it without any gifts like Red cards (so far) and with a player being injured in Vidic. We all saw in the second leg of Milan after we beat them how important it is to have your main back four fit.

6 English players involved last night as well and 5 started. But as i've said before i'd be happy for a good go in the CL producing some good entertainment as long as we win that Premier league. We need a 10th premiership trophy. Look at our defence and goal difference makes the rest look silly.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:45 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by DanCossie
fookin hell an unbiased liverpool fan.....shame all of them aint like you Bud and as a FOOTBALL fan accept that there are other good players at clubs

Mate, i hate Man United with a Passion, i hate to see them win, i hate their players and i hate their manager...but you have to put that aside with these things.

Currently there isn't another player in the world at his level.

That said though his performances against the top teams are still not good enough imo, when you think how well Kaka played last year against every team Milan faced, then i think he's still a little off that level, Kaka hasn't been the same player this season though.

I also think he's cut the diving out of his game now...he just needs to learn to carry on playing when he thinks he's been fouled, some of his arm throwing gestures are a little crazy, but it does win him free kicks from the weaker refs.

real diving/cheating is like what Yakubu did against us on sunday...shocking!!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think winning the CL helps as we've seen with Kaka and Milan and Cannavaro with Italy and the world cup/player and maybe that will go against him if United don't win.

Not forgetting that Blatter and his monkey Platini hate anything English football and always get involved in any issues with have. Eduardo, British olympic team, PL game abroad, Hawkeye, hosting World cup etc etc.

The premiership is the best and most watched league in the world so i think PL players should at least be in with a shout.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Funny i did the same thing when you wrote that 5000 word essay after you lost to us 3-0. Never seen you write so much, you must have been hurt. That's why you can't say he's the best without negative because we pissed on you 3-0 and beat you at home. HA HA HA
Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That said though his performances against the top teams are still not good enough imo, when you think how well Kaka played last year against every team Milan faced, then i think he's still a little off that level, Kaka hasn't been the same player this season though.

Maybe you're right but people talking about him and 'big games' do make me laugh a little, i mean what would you rather have someone who scores/plays well against the other big three of Arsenal, Chelski plus Liverpool and odd derbys or bogey games or score against pretty much every team going and not score against Arsenal and Chelsea?

He's the top scorer in the PL and CL and he scored recently v Liverpool and in the Quarter final v Roma away. I think that is big enough. There is no negative with Ronaldo ANYONE would want him in their team.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Funny i did the same thing when you wrote that 5000 word essay after you lost to us 3-0. Never seen you write so much, you must have been hurt. That's why you can't say he's the best without negative because we pissed on you 3-0 and beat you at home. HA HA HA
i didnt realise i could make you bite so much

haha
Old 02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Maybe you're right but people talking about him and 'big games' do make me laugh a little, i mean what would you rather have someone who scores/plays well against the other big three of Arsenal, Chelski plus Liverpool and odd derbys or bogey games or score against pretty much every team going and not score against Arsenal and Chelsea?

He's the top scorer in the PL and CL and he scored recently v Liverpool and in the Quarter final v Roma away. I think that is big enough. There is no negative with Ronaldo ANYONE would want him in their team.

From Uniteds point of view i'm sure they're not that bothered.

but when you are talking about the best footballer in the world, and when you have the media comparing him to great players from the past, then you have to see how he performs against the very best players....for me he's still a little short of performing.

Unfortunately for me as a liverpool fan, the cunty bastard is still only 23 so he has plenty of time to improve
Old 02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i didnt realise i could make you bite so much

haha

Lol, nothing you say no matter how witty or intelligent will bother me one bit because we beat you 3-0 mate. That's all i need to say and you know it. I'll never forget that day of the game you cried and wrote out that huge essay which for you is totally out of character. 3-0 mate. HA HA
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Unfortunately for me as a liverpool fan, the cunty bastard is still only 23 so he has plenty of time to improve

You never know Babble could become a big force in the PL as he has that Overmars look in his play about him. Cutting in etc with pace.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Lol, nothing you say no matter how witty or intelligent will bother me one bit because we beat you 3-0 mate. That's all i need to say and you know it. I'll never forget that day of the game you cried and wrote out that huge essay which for you is totally out of character. 3-0 mate. HA HA
you dont bite is like saying ronaldo dont dive its both bollox!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:13 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

You never know Babble could become a big force in the PL as he has that Overmars look in his play about him. Cutting in etc with pace.
I'm still not decided on him to be fair....i've been unimpressed so far, but he is very young and the PL is tough.

I watched him before we signed him in the under 21 euro's and he was awesome!

I'm not a huge fan of players playing on the wrong wing either....he's defo got talent though, just hope he can improve next season.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bud-weis, Same with Nani you have to expect the rough edges or bad decisions to come with their brilliant moments as well especially being only their first season here.

Hardeep, as i said 3-0 an in the gutter in the Premiership miles out of it.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:28 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

shame he's such a pussy tho... falls down and cries when ever the wind changes direction....

pure skill tho
Old 02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You can tell who knows a little about football and who know nothing at all from the posts on this thread.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:42 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by tonyk
You can tell who knows a little about football and who know nothing at all from the posts on this thread.

errrm... was that to me? your right, don't know shit about footy but every time i see c.ronaldo he's crying on the floor cause he wants a penalty or something
Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MadRod
outplayed, i dont think so as said by someone earlier.

i didnt say they have been lucky for 16 years, just the game last night, but you need luck to go all the way in the champs league.

IMO man u and arsenal are the best teams left in the competition this year

Quick Reply: Christiano Ronaldo... the best footballer in the world?