General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Which Manager do you LOVE to see lose!!!
Rafa 'for sure ' Benitez
28.57%
Alex 'big red nose' Ferguson
40.48%
Arsene 'i didn't see it' Wenger
19.05%
Avram 'i didn't see it either' Grant
11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Grand Slam Sunday!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21-03-2008, 07:51 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Slam Sunday!!!!

A little early.....but i'm so excited!!

although i'm well prepared for another game where we are the better side but still lose to some lucky lucky cunt of a goal!!

My heart says we should beat them, i've been less than impressed with united for weeks now, even though they keep getting results...they've been way off their best form IMO ( Lyon for instance, and even against Bolton, who should have put at least a couple of their chances away. )

My head however says we won't win

Arsenal V Chelsea really could go either way, i don't see any obvious outcome.

But this weekend could have a massive outcome on the race for the title, and i'd love to think we have a say in who wins the title ( ie NOT Manure!! ).

I've also added a poll, you just have to vote for which manager you love to see lose the most
Old 21-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

It'll be a picky, stop, start match on Sunday at OT... the ref is Steve Bennett

IMO the result won't be predictable.
Old 21-03-2008, 08:05 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I've just seen our title odds are 100-1

With a win on sunday and the tough run in that the top 3 have...we might not be too far away...or am i deluded?

wonder what odds on the double?
Old 21-03-2008, 08:30 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I hate this Sky name 'grand slam sunday' sounds like something straight from over the pond and their shitty sports. Anyway i don't care how we wn as long as we do and if the others draw it could be game over as we could afford to drop points against those two later on. Only thing is we have West ham and Middlesbrough which aren't the best for us.

Steve bennet is an idiot and i think he's taken over from poll. I also see the comments have started up, Rafa reckons Ferguson is playing games from the other week with his comments after portsmouth knowing the big game is coming up. Riise etc have also being giving it large.

It's at Old trafford so we have the edge and i think we will win but its a tough game. From Liverpools perspective they are just like Scotland are with us most of the time, IE. have fuck all to play for just want Man United to lose or put a spanner in the works.

Should be a great Sunday.
Old 21-03-2008, 08:37 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by skeg
I hate this Sky name 'grand slam sunday' sounds like something straight from over the pond and their shitty sports. Anyway i don't care how we wn as long as we do and if the others draw it could be game over as we could afford to drop points against those two later on. Only thing is we have West ham and Middlesbrough which aren't the best for us.

Steve bennet is an idiot and i think he's taken over from poll. I also see the comments have started up, Rafa reckons Ferguson is playing games from the other week with his comments after portsmouth knowing the big game is coming up. Riise etc have also being giving it large.

It's at Old trafford so we have the edge and i think we will win but its a tough game. From Liverpools perspective they are just like Scotland are with us most of the time, IE. have fuck all to play for just want Man United to lose or put a spanner in the works.

Should be a great Sunday.
I was looking at the run in, and those two games in particular (West Ham and Boro) look like slip ups for you...add to that difficult games at Chelsea and Arsenal....it could mean quite a few dropped points for you.

I agree about Bennett too, total cock!
I hate all of the mind game bollocks too.....i don't think Ronaldo gets fouled anymore than the other attacking players in the league, Torres also gets roughed up a lot...it's a credit to both players that they just get up and play on though ( Ronaldo in particular has improved on that aspect...he used to stay down )

We do have stuff to play for though, we could finish as high as second imo, Arsenal look like they've bottled it, So for me it's between you and Chelsea...It yours to throw away now
Old 21-03-2008, 09:20 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bud-weis, it should be a good game and maybe the Ronaldo and Torres show but the bad thing is we might not have half of the mighty CB pairing unless that's just Fergie playing games. Pique was at CB v Bolton and Hargreaves tested at RB in case Brown needs to move in.

I remember saying in the summer Torres has done nothing so far and would not get you those 25 league goals you wanted just as i said the same about Kuyt during/after the world cup. Think i will have to hold my hands up to that one though as it looks like he will. Both in great form for each team.

Another Ronaldo rocket special please.

Who do you reckon will line up for you lot then or want?
Old 21-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Redkop

Same line-up as last Saturday...

Reina
Arbeloa
Carra
Skrtel
Aurelio
Mascherano
Alonso
Gerrard
Babel
Kuyt
Torres

Maybe Riise in place of Aurelio or Lucas in for Xabi, which was the team that beat Inter.

Trending Topics

Old 21-03-2008, 10:32 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

exactly what Lynne has posted.....Lucas isn't physical enough for this game.

My only concern will be Kuyt V Evra.....i doubt he'll get a sniff
Old 21-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its re-assuring that you can only find something about Sir Alex's apperance to slag off in your poll and nothing about his excellent managerial ability

Voted for rafa, as i dont really like him. Man Utd and Chelsea to win on Sunday i think
Old 21-03-2008, 04:09 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Coldo
Its re-assuring that you can only find something about Sir Alex's apperance to slag off in your poll and nothing about his excellent managerial ability

Voted for rafa, as i dont really like him. Man Utd and Chelsea to win on Sunday i think
Eh? what a strange comment! I'm hardly going to put each managers acheivements as a jokey nickname am i?

for your information Rafa has more trophies than Fergie over the past few seasons

That aside, i'm disgusted that a LFC fan has voted for Rafa!!
Old 21-03-2008, 05:26 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

should be a good un at OT.just hopeMan Utd win on Sunday..voted for Arsene to lose

Last edited by fezzajsy; 21-03-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: .
Old 21-03-2008, 05:29 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i reckon we will bet chelsea we are due for a win!
Old 21-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

As a Chelsea supporter of course i would love to see us win the title again BUT i personally think it will be Man Utd's again. They do it best they go on a strong streak and there going on it again and i doubt there fuck it up. i believe Arsenal have shafted themselves, Liverpool will stay 4th but it will be close. i feel they messed it up to long ago now. As for Chelsea i feel we dont make it matter when it needs to ie the Spurs game on Weds.

for Sundays games i think Man Utd will beat Liverpool but i hope they dont (yes i want liverpool to win lol ) and obviously i want Chelsea to win but i think it will be a draw.
Old 21-03-2008, 06:03 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis

for your information Rafa has more trophies than Fergie over the past few seasons

You think Rafa could beat Bayern then Madrid in the final of a euro trophy with mighty aberdeen then go on to win the UEFA super cup? Rafa is a good manager but yet to get more trophies than Ferguson got just in Scotland never mind here.

That's why lots hate Ferguson and would vote for him because he's the best
Old 21-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

In the style of 'king kev' "I'd LOVE IT if we beat them"

i wont mince my words, i want them cunts manure to lose, they've been far to lucky against us, we aint winning the title even though a few believe we have a chance due to the games the other teams have left, we'll be battling for 4th due to far too many draws in the season

Stevie G to bag a lovely hit from out side the box that will shut up that twat Andy Grey

COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!
Old 21-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Eh? what a strange comment! I'm hardly going to put each managers acheivements as a jokey nickname am i?

That aside, i'm disgusted that a LFC fan has voted for Rafa!!

LOL! I think its stranger that you just compared the managerial success of rafa benitez to sir alex ferguson!!!!
Old 21-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Should be good Sunday! Will be wearing my nice new Euro Torres Shirt
Old 21-03-2008, 07:51 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

You think Rafa could beat Bayern then Madrid in the final of a euro trophy with mighty aberdeen then go on to win the UEFA super cup? Rafa is a good manager but yet to get more trophies than Ferguson got just in Scotland never mind here.

That's why lots hate Ferguson and would vote for him because he's the best
Who knows?

How old is Fergie, and how old was he when he won those trophies? Rafa is 47 at the mo.

My comment was, he has won more in the past few seasons

Which include;

2 La Liga Titles
1 Champions League title (+1 Runners Up)
1 UEFA Cup
1 European Super Cup title
1 FA Cup title
1 Community Shield
Carling Cup Runners Up
FIFA World Club Cup runners up.

So that's 7 Trophies and 3 runners up trophies in the past 6-7 seasons...compared with 6 trophies for Fergie.

Rafa is almost 20 years his junior, so has some time to catch up LOL!! ( i'm not saying he will win as many trophies btw, but my original comment stands!! ).
Old 21-03-2008, 08:07 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Perfect Sunday for me would be Liverpool to win, Chelski and Arsenal to draw

On a seperate note the Mrs has just asked if Grandslam Sunday is tommorow?
Old 21-03-2008, 08:09 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Perfect Sunday for me would be Liverpool to win, Chelski and Arsenal to draw

On a seperate note the Mrs has just asked if Grandslam Sunday is tommorow?

LOL!! that is grounds for either;

a) seperation
b) anal sex

Old 22-03-2008, 04:12 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ROFL, Bud-weis, i can't believe you put runners up in there to beef up your debate. I'm sorry but its far easier to win trophies with Valencia than it is Aberdeen. Only the third manager to win Euro silverware in Scotland i think at the time and proved it was no fluke. If Celtic or Ranger won some now it would be all over the news, parties in the streets let alone Aberdeen. Wenger has not won any with Arsenals financial power/size and he's a great manger.

Rafa has won 7 trophies in his life, Ferguson has won 37 trophies including the treble in one year which no manager has ever done. Sure Rafa is 19 years younger but if you think Rafa will get anywhere near 30 pieces of silverware in 19 years, whatever they are then i think you're on glue mate. (i did read though you said not saying that he would.....) All you're doing with the "last 6 years thing" is just convenient arguing, in other words picking small bits of the history instead of it all because in a realistic argument Rafa would never come out on top against Sir Alex Ferguson. Even in those last 6 seasons or so he is only 1 ahead so hardly a coffin nail debate.

Obviously we will stick up for our clubs etc but i just don't see any debate here. Maybe that's why you had to put in the runners up.

All we need to say on it is TREBLE, then it's cased closed, forget the rest.

Last edited by skeg; 22-03-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Old 22-03-2008, 05:02 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Benitez joined Liverpool in June 2004? So he's only beaten Ferguson once, in that FA cup game 1-0 but NEVER in the premiership, lets hope its not on Sunday then.

Sep 2004- Man United 2 Liverpool 1
Jan 2005- Liverpool 0 Man United 1
Sep 2005- Liverpool 0 Man United 0
Jan 2006- Man United 1 Liverpool 0
Oct 2006- Man United 2 Liverpool 0
Mar 2007- Liverpool 0 Man United 1
Dec 2007- Liverpool 0 Man United 1

Taken from Wiki.
Old 22-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Redkop

with the "last 6 years thing" is just convenient arguing, in other words picking small bits of the history instead of it all because in a realistic argument Rafa would never come out on top against Sir Alex Ferguson. Even in those last 6 seasons or so he is only 1 ahead so hardly a coffin nail debate.

Obviously we will stick up for our clubs etc but i just don't see any debate here. Maybe that's why you had to put in the runners up.
Remind me and all the other Liverpool fans of how many trophies Ferguson won during his first 6 years at ManU and the league positions they finished up at?
Old 22-03-2008, 06:48 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
Remind me and all the other Liverpool fans of how many trophies Ferguson won during his first 6 years at ManU and the league positions they finished up at?

Lol i knew that was coming but didn't think you would be up anywhere near as early as me.

You could also say that Rafa took over a team in a better position having won trophies in recent times (floppy treble etc) where as United where in the shit more. Either way i can't see Rafa getting 1-2 trophies per year for the rest of his career.

Looking at those more recent scorelines though i doubt we'll get a 3-3 thriller of old on Sunday. I'd take a John O'shea 1-0 off the bench though if it means 3 points.
Old 22-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Redkop

Lol i knew that was coming but didn't think you would be up anywhere near as early as me.

You could also say that Rafa took over a team in a better position having won trophies in recent times (floppy treble etc) where as United where in the shit more. Either way i can't see Rafa getting 1-2 trophies per year for the rest of his career.

Looking at those more recent scorelines though i doubt we'll get a 3-3 thriller of old on Sunday. I'd take a John O'shea 1-0 off the bench though if it means 3 points.
All the previous stats in a game like this go out of the window, they mean jack shit. Look how many times Danny Murphy scored and won the game for Liverpool, then the tide turned. Looking back on the recent games ManU v L'pool and the teams L'pool put out, I'm surprised that the scoreline difference wasn't a lot higher Jeez.... L'pool had some shit players then

I am certain that the game will be a scrappy one because of Steve Bennett and the score will be only be 1 - 0... but to which team is anyones guess.

I'm up early every morning, a habit I can't break!
Old 22-03-2008, 07:49 AM
redrsmk5
Advanced PassionFord User

hoping and preying for a liverpool win and if possible an arsenal win. Im sick of going into work the following days after losing to Man ure after dominating and giving my hard earned away to the lads ive had bets with, not had any this time as i can just see us getting a point which i could live with, a win would be immense, another defeat i just cant even imagine!
Old 22-03-2008, 07:59 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by redrsmk5
Im sick of going into work the following days after losing to Man ure after dominating and giving my hard earned away to the lads ive had bets with, not had any this time
Must be torture. I used to bet a fair bit with an Arsenal fan at work pre Abromovich era and it was a good laugh but a hammering when we lost. Can you imagine the abuse i will get on here alone if United lose, wouldn't have it any other way. But on the other hand if we win..........
Old 22-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Redkop

If push came to shove, I'd much rather lose to ManU than lose to Arsenal in the Champions League.
Old 22-03-2008, 08:48 AM
redrsmk5
Advanced PassionFord User

Must be torture. I used to bet a fair bit with an Arsenal fan at work pre Abromovich era and it was a good laugh but a hammering when we lost. Can you imagine the abuse i will get on here alone if United lose, wouldn't have it any other way. But on the other hand if we win..........
yep it was, in the past 4 years the reds have cost me a fair few ŁŁŁŁ.

Can i just say Skeg how nice it is that you are being very cival about this thread, usually it gets nasty about liverpool v man utd but im impressed with you..so far!

Mart.
Old 22-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by redrsmk5
yep it was, in the past 4 years the reds have cost me a fair few ŁŁŁŁ.

Can i just say Skeg how nice it is that you are being very cival about this thread, usually it gets nasty about liverpool v man utd but im impressed with you..so far!

Mart.
29 replies and Skeg and I haven't come to blows yet....
Old 22-03-2008, 11:00 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon enough, a good bit of stick here and there. Just hope your lot win. (this time)

Last edited by skeg; 22-03-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 22-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Redkop

I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon enough, a good bit of stick here and there. Just hope your lot win. (this time)
Win against ManU or Arsenal?
Old 22-03-2008, 04:58 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Agreed, it's good that we are all civil for once

These games are hell to watch for me, especially in recent seasons.....we've usually got well fired up for the game and actually more often than not been the better team, but we've always struggled for goals....in fact i think the only League goal we have scored since Benitez arrived was scored by.....

John O'Shea

The main thing for me is getting a result that sets us up for the games against Arsenal and Everton, i'd hate our confidence to be knocked about and then struggle in those games!

can't wait now though
Old 22-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Redkop

Agreed, it's good that we are all civil for once

These games are hell to watch for me, especially in recent seasons.....
You're not wrong about them being hell to watch! Pity poor me having to watch it with Andy.... he's a Manc fan! It usually ends up with us watching the game in different rooms
Old 22-03-2008, 05:19 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

You're not wrong about them being hell to watch! Pity poor me having to watch it with Andy.... he's a Manc fan! It usually ends up with us watching the game in different rooms

Lol, i bet it's murder!!

my brother is a manc fan...i invited him round to watch the last game, we lost and i had to sit there swearing and effing at him whilst he just grinned at me!

the only thing i really HATE is the build up, with all of the quotes from players and managers saying they'll do this, that and the other! it drives me mad for some reason.

I'll be wearing this;
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/stor...,cmbCategory=2,

and pretending i'm back in the late 80's
Old 22-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Redkop

Never watch the build up, moreso if it's on SKY, they are so sickly it's unreal, never watch the pundits they have in the studio at half-time or after the game either, how the hell Jamie Redknapp got to be one is beyond me.... he was my favourite player when he was at Liverpool but he don't 'arf talk a load of shit now.....
Old 22-03-2008, 05:47 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I thought it was just me who regarded Redknapps views as useless. I can't stand the guy, sure he may be not be one of the worst on TV but i think he got it because they thought he was photogenic and the connections with his dad, IE. 'inside' info and all that. He really thought he was a genius when start of the season he worked out how we weren't scoring with all those chances (reading, City etc), it was because we didn't have Saha. Not sure if he actually knows how many games Saha has played in the years his been there or how much he was about last season consistently. He'd work better than Nytol.

It's not because he's ex Liverpool, honest.

Andy Gray though when he forgets his voice broke many moons ago and goes all high pitched during a rant. All those years on the Job and Townsend can still use the screen toys better than him.
Old 22-03-2008, 05:49 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Win against ManU or Arsenal?
Worded that wrong and couldn't be arsed to change it. I meant all you lot better hope you win but yeah if you can beat Arsenal in the 'sandwhich' game then that'll do nicely.
Old 22-03-2008, 05:58 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

arsenal and liverpool to win
Old 22-03-2008, 06:18 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I hate Redknapp too! he's an honorary Chelski fan now i'm sure!! tosser.

Quick Reply: Grand Slam Sunday!!!!