General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ebay feed back - not happy!

Search this Thread

Old 20-03-2008, 10:26 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Ebay feed back - not happy!

Purchased an item, paid immediately, get an email to say the item been despatched along with this bit:

Once your item arrives and you're happy please leave positive feedback for us. Positive feedback will then be automatically left for you within 30 minutes.
So you are going to leave me positive feedback only after I have given you good feedback?! I've already completed my half of the deal by paying!

Say they are awful and I leave bad feeback, they then not going to give me good feedback?!!

Z

Last edited by Graceland; 20-03-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Swearing in thread title.
Old 20-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i fucking hate this crap!

I have bought some bike fairings and paid immediately! However no feedback left by them. Now say the stuff is shite and i leave shit feedback to i get bad in return?

FUCKING WANK!
Old 20-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

They need to update it so you don't see what the other person has left - it only appears once both parties have left feedback..
That way what you say has no bearing on what the other person puts...
Old 20-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Common sense really, an honest seller is far more at risk then the buyer and feedback is the only negotiation they will have left.
ie if someone bought something off and you gave them good feedback then they did a charge back on paypal what could the seller do??
From the buyers point of view you paid for the item, your happy with it you give a good feedback.. when would the seller then leave you a neg? they wouldn't because you paid etc..

I always give feedback first as a buyer and 2nd as a seller
Old 20-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The feedback system sucks. I've had 2 negs through people letting me down. Either not buying and coming up with a story thats incredibly, unbelievable and stupid or supplying shit fake goods. Why should I get negged when I've done my bit?
Old 20-03-2008, 10:39 AM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

feedback score it don`t mean jack anyway!
Old 20-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by cressy
feedback score it don`t mean jack anyway!

so you'd buy from someone with piss poor feedback? I think not!
Old 20-03-2008, 10:44 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
Common sense really, an honest seller is far more at risk then the buyer and feedback is the only negotiation they will have left.
ie if someone bought something off and you gave them good feedback then they did a charge back on paypal what could the seller do??
From the buyers point of view you paid for the item, your happy with it you give a good feedback.. when would the seller then leave you a neg? they wouldn't because you paid etc..

I have to disagree with you there. Scott purchased a tyre from a seller on e-bay, he paid for it immediately and arranged for a courier company to pick up the tyre as it was collection only.

The tyre was described as in mint condition. Scott also asked the seller if there was anything wrong with the tyre before he bought it, which the seller replied no.

When Scott received the tyre it had a puncture which Scott had to get repaired before he could use the tyre. Scott left negative feedback as the seller hadn't told him that the tyre was punctured and it wasn't as described by the seller.

The seller then left us negative feedback in return. Was this right? No, Scott completed the transaction as a buyer should and there was no reason for the negative feedback apart from retaliation.

I agree with the other poster that the feedback shouldn't be available to see until both the seller and buyer have left it. Feedback isn't a bargaining tool anyway, it's supposed to be used so that other people using e-bay can see whether or not to deal with a particular buyer/supplier.
Old 20-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

You missed the bit where I said a HONEST seller, that seller was obvioulsy a complete C-Nut
I was speaking from my own point of view
Old 20-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

exactly,once they are happy with what they have baught and left feedback then the seller should leave theirs.

most big sellers now have an automated feedback system that leaves the buyers feedback once they have left theirs to say they are happy.
Old 20-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

but why should the seller get to wait? even after you pay super fast. say its THEIR fault they described the item badly and you dont agree so leave a neg. WHy should they get to do to yo?
Old 20-03-2008, 10:52 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

You missed the bit where I said a HONEST seller, that seller was obvioulsy a complete C-Nut
I was speaking from my own point of view
Just showing the other side of the arguement
Old 20-03-2008, 10:55 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If always do it the other way round, second as a buyer (as the seller usually left feedback before I received the goods) and first as a seller, as 'so far' *touch wood* I have never been in the situation where someone has tried to claim their money back.

It just riled me that they wouldn't leave positive feedback until I left it first!

Z
Old 20-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Absolutely spot on

mark
Old 20-03-2008, 10:56 AM
CossieGirl
Miss Doubtsalot

Originally Posted by Lambchop
so you'd buy from someone with piss poor feedback? I think not!
No but I always have a look at the description for the negative feedbacks someone received.
I consider myself an honest and decent ebayer yet I have 2 negative feedbacks.
But if you would have a look at the feedback scores of the people that left me negative feedback you'd see one has his feedbackscore kept private (now why would that be ) and the other one is collecting negative feedback on a regular basis...

I do the same as Paul. First when I buy something, second when I sell something.
Old 20-03-2008, 10:56 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Cosworth Rallyesport
exactly,once they are happy with what they have baught and left feedback then the seller should leave theirs.

most big sellers now have an automated feedback system that leaves the buyers feedback once they have left theirs to say they are happy.
I don't think the problem is when both parties are happy, it is obviously where the buyer isn't happy with the product that they have received. Why should a buyer be scared of leaving negative feedback just because they will get it back in retaliation?

Once the seller has received payment for the goods and they are happy that they transaction has been completed within their own terms why shouldn't they leave positive feedback for the buyer at that point??

As far as the buyer is concerned they have completed their part of the transaction by paying for the goods. If the seller is supplying good quality products as described in their advert then they shouldn't be worried about receiving negative feedback
Old 20-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

its thursday morning,bank holiday tommorow,anyone up for an argument with a lady?

because i cannot be bothered to!!

Old 20-03-2008, 11:11 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Cosworth Rallyesport
its thursday morning,bank holiday tommorow,anyone up for an argument with a lady?

because i cannot be bothered to!!

A lady, why thank you, I won't be arguing with you then Seriously I'm not trying to provoke an argument, far from it, just trying to put across our experience. I know that buyers aren't perfect either and I'm not trying to say they are.

I'm crap at arguing anyway, just ask Scott, I always lose
Old 20-03-2008, 11:15 AM
sabres74
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

In a few weeks the feedback sysytem is changing so that sellers will not be able to leave negative feedback. The feedback system will cease to mean anything as a large number of sellers have agreed not to leave feedback at all when this comes in.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

im sick of ebay, ive now stopped leaving feedback for people who have bought off me until theyve left it for me, as its the only way i actually get the feedback and even then im constantly chasing it up.

Even sellers, i leave feedback then send a message askin em to leave it and get something along the lines of " great "

what sort of good is that, morons!

Sarah

edit to say - ive left a negative feedback for item not as described ( out of date cameras for the wedding for tables ) she retaliated with a negative, i replied to feedback left saying you sell me out of date goods, i paid isntantly and get a negative - dickhead!

at least people who are planning on buying can sort of get the story

Last edited by Dicko&Vacant; 20-03-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio zo
Purchased an item, paid immediately, get an email to say the item been despatched along with this bit:

So you are going to leave me positive feedback only after I have given you good feedback?! I've already completed my half of the deal by paying!

Say they are awful and I leave bad feeback, they then not going to give me good feedback?!!

Z
Yep, its fucking shit, the whole feedback system is a total sham, ive paid for something on time, and been given negative feedback in revenge for leaving negative feedback when it never arrived.

Last edited by Chip; 20-03-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

i know what your saying,but heres a good example,

i sent a part overseas,the delivery van in i think it was finland got stolen,with the parcel inside,the buyer left me bad feedback because the part did not arrive!!he knew the van had been stolen and knew his parcel was in the van.

ive had folk complain that ive sent them a 4x4 cosworth part,like propshafts,when they had a 2wd car and they "thought" they were the same,so threaten me with bad feedback if i dont send them what they really needed,even though all my auctions state exactly what the item is.

i once sold a damaged intercooler needing repaired with pictures of the damage and the buyer complained that it was damaged and got his money back through paypal,

we sold a front mount intercooler for a subaru last year,it was off my own rally car,i had used it on two rallies,the winning bidder claimed his money back off paypal because he said it did not fit an impreza and it was off an MR2, the part number on it was RM242 or similar,he read this as MR2 and got his money back!!

there are two sides to most stories,these are just a tiny example.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, I agree totally, plenty of shit feedback information going in BOTH directions, its not just sellers doing it.

As I said, the whole system is a sham really.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:32 AM
vroomtshh

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Yep, its fucking shit, the whole feedback system is a total sham, ive paid for something on time, and been given negative feedback in revenge for leaving negative feedback when it never arrived.
I would have thought you of all people would be aware that you can make your feedback into a link though. Thats what I have threatened to do in the past. Create a link showing receipts for postage, original descriptions etc etc and then you get more than 140 characters to reply with
Old 20-03-2008, 11:37 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You get in a feeback stand off! Each party thinking 'I'm not leaving you feedback till you've left it for me!'

Claire sees my point exactly!

I bought an item recently, one specific question was 'does it have a crack....' reply 'it's sound mate' when it arrived loe and behold it had a crack, I haven't left feeback back yet and neither has he, I thought no feedback was better for him than bad feedback, sellers must realise that answers to questions do count, his attitude was 'I advertised **** and thats what you got'.

I think its awful that sellers are to be banned leaving bad feedback, what if you have messers and non payers?

Also annoys me when you bend over backwards and as a seller to get left pretty mediocre feedback, when I was clearly excellent! lol

I am certainly not sad enough to chase people for feedback though, I don't lose any sleep if I don't receive any for any transactions!

Last edited by cabrio zo; 20-03-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:39 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

I totally agree that the system is crap and needs to be revamped so that it gets rid of the problems encountered on both sides.

Unfortunately I live in fluffy bunny land and I don't like it when people spoil my perception of the world. Whatever happened to good old honesty, morals and conscience.
Old 20-03-2008, 11:47 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Rolls
They need to update it so you don't see what the other person has left - it only appears once both parties have left feedback..
That way what you say has no bearing on what the other person puts...
Thats a cracking idea!!

Would work really well I think.

Alex
Old 20-03-2008, 12:07 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

i only leave feedback once i know the customer is happy with the product
Old 20-03-2008, 12:15 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got left a neg feednack the other week becuase he wasnt happy with postage.

he even contacted me and i said id refund him a little amount,

wanker still left me negative feedback, so he got the same
Old 20-03-2008, 12:50 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by xr4x4rs
i got left a neg feednack the other week becuase he wasnt happy with postage.

he even contacted me and i said id refund him a little amount,

wanker still left me negative feedback, so he got the same

Dont agree with that, surely he could see what you stated as the delivery price and still decided to buy from you

As mainly a buyer I feel that once I have payed then that is my part of the deal completed so should get my feedback then, and as I normally pay instantly should get something reflecting that, ie good/fast payer etc, not just some randomly generated message.
BUT that comming from me an honest buyer who dont mess people about, can sorta see it from the other side, that if you dealing with hundreds of buyers you gonna get a few that fuck you about, but there again that a downside to trading.

Another one that pisses me off is when it doesnt CLEARLY state that VAT will be added and is not included , think all items should have to carry a VAT included price, and if for whatever reason a seller can sell to someone without the VAT, then they can be allowed to show a non VAT price AS WELL as the VAT price.

Steve
Old 20-03-2008, 01:01 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

if the seller gives feedback right away and something happens to the item dropped by postman etc the buyer is just more likely to leave bad feadback tho for the fun of it without even getting in touch with the seller first to sort it out

Last edited by G2RSR; 20-03-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 20-03-2008, 01:09 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I did a topic about this a while back and it is a joke that people wait until they get theirs before leaving it for you, especially sellers. So what they have sold lots of things and had one or two idiots piss them about but why take it out on everyone else?

Its not all that big a deal but it does take the piss a seller saying "i'll leave you feedback once you do" even though you have already bought and paid quickly and done your part of the deal. Basically they do one thing to get feedback but you have to do two things, complete your bit plus leave them rosey feedback. It's an even bigger piss take when they leave it in revenge making it so you can't leave it for genuine reasons. Purely a bargaining chip.
Old 20-03-2008, 01:12 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by G2RSR
if the seller gives feed back right away and something happens to the item dropped by postman etc the buyer is just more likely to leave bad fead back for the fun of it without even getting in touch with the seller first to sort it out
Dont actually see that exactly
I mean IF that happened to me, I would be onto the seller to try and sort something out , I mean if I was to leave the neg, then what chance would I have of sorting anything out, BUT if I dont then I still got the "big stick" of leaving them neg IF they dont sort it out for me.

And how many times has something already busted been sold and the seller said "oh must have happened in the post"

Like I say if I hold my feedback untill im happy with what ive got it gives me more chance of sorting out any problems I may have.

Like one guy i bought a graphics card off, wasnt the same model as described or in the pic, oh and didnt even work properly either
Said he just used an ebay pic to list it with, wasnt his was his mates so didnt know exactly about it. Offered me half my money back if I kept it, or he would send me a tv tuner card (the one i won had it built in) or i could have all my cash back, including postage both ways (altho i paid him £10 for delivery and he only gave me £3.96 back, against me sending it to him, which funnily enough was EXACTLY what the post office charged me )

When it come to leaving him feedback, did NOT mention the item, as wouldnt lie, but just said good comunications, which was true.

Steve
Old 20-03-2008, 01:23 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

A good buyer gives feedback first. And they ain't a good buyer until they've completed the transaction to your satisfaction.
Old 20-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

ebay fucks me right off
Old 20-03-2008, 01:40 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by TurboShed
A good buyer gives feedback first. And they ain't a good buyer until they've completed the transaction to your satisfaction.

agree
Old 20-03-2008, 01:45 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by TurboShed
What a stuck up fookin attitude

I aint here to serve YOU you are there to give ME good service, "the customer is always right"

Technically as a buyer my contractural duties are fulfilled when you receive my payment

SO technicaly you SHOULD leave me my feedback then stating I held up my end of the deal/contract
And of course as long as you have supplied what you stated in the condition you stated and delivered in a reasonable time, why would I want to leave anything but a good feedback !

It is it just has become accepted on ebay that the seller wont leave feedback untill after they get a GOOD feedback, which should only be given if the customer is happy with what they receive, BUT all it does is make a mockery of the system because everybody is too scared to leave a neg

Oh well never mind in a few weeks month whatever it is when sellers cant leave a neg
Cos no feedbacks to a buyer dont do him no harm, as in no negs must be good cos the only thing he can do wrong is not pay anyway !

Steve

Last edited by The Rapid 1; 20-03-2008 at 01:49 PM.