General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Those into psychology

Search this Thread

Old 26-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
surely caffeine is only evil to those it affects?
It affects everyone Rich, its a drug. Most common side effect is you cant sleep properly, thats why these Red Bull drinks work so well, they are full of Caffeine. Most manufacturers use it to addict you to their product. Coffee, Coke chocolate anyone?

Sadly, most people have no idea that problems they have in life, especially depression, are down to normal everyday chemicals like this, so they can easily say "Im not affected" but in reality, unless you give it up, its hard to say. A lot of clinically proven manic depressents have been cured by releae from caffeine addiction. They didnt think that coffee affected them either, most of them loved it so much they "Couldnt get started in the morning without one" Come on people, it would sound better coming from a heroin addict!

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 26-02-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 26-02-2008, 02:17 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
It affects everyone Rich, its a drug. Most common side effect is you cant sleep properly, thats why these Red Bull drinks work so well, they are full of Caffeine. Most manufacturers use it to addict you to their product. Coffee, Coke chocolate anyone?

Sadly, most people have no idea that problems they have in life, especially depression, are down to normal everyday chemicals like this, so they can easily say "Im not affected" but in reality, unless you give it up, its hard to say. A lot of clinically proven manic depressents have been cured by releae from caffeine addiction. They didnt think that coffee affected them either, most of them loved it so much they "Couldnt get started in the morning without one" Come on people, it would sound better coming from a heroin addict!
thats well written Stu , but i drink coffee every day of the week and i dont get moody or feel angry or have any side affects that i would say are bad. I had my 1st mug of the balck stuff at 1pm today.

But i do see how it can affect those that maybe have an intolerance to it?
Old 26-02-2008, 02:18 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

I purely meant in terms of its strength

If it was discovered today it would be censored like alcohol and other drugs
Old 26-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
I purely meant in terms of its strength

If it was discovered today it would be censored like alcohol and other drugs
They say sugar would be instantly banned if it was marketed for the first time today. Deadly stuff that modern man would struggle to live without.
Old 26-02-2008, 02:42 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

thats well written Stu , but i drink coffee every day of the week and i dont have any side affects that i would say are bad.

But i do see how it can affect those that maybe have an intolerance to it?
Thats suggests it does have some effects albeit not percieved as bad, the same as you may say about alcohol, which again you may not 'percieve' to be bad.

Do you feel like you ever 'need' a coffee to give you a boost?

One simple thing is caffiene IS a diuretic, if you dont counter caffiene consumption with enough fluid youll dehydrate and become lethargic etc

Also being a diuretic upsets your salt levels etc if you dont replace your fluid with the right kind
Old 26-02-2008, 02:46 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never feel the need to drink coffee, i just drink it because i like it. It doesnt give me a boost or anything. Its just a drink i have throughout my day at the office or whatever im doing. when their is no coffee left i dont think omg i cant drink it, i just have a cup of tea or water instead
Old 26-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Im of the opinion that the number of chemicals that we all ingest daily (I mean in food more than actual drugs, but obviously that compounds the problem) is making a huge difference to the way our brains develop, I consider myself quite lucky to have been of the last generation to have had proper home cooked meals etc as a regular occurance, it seems to be a thing of the past in most households these days.
Add to that, electrical interference from phone masts, pylons etc. The brain communicates electrically.
Old 26-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt J
Well we were doing alright
If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

I'm not totally ignorant on this subject, my brother used to go mental when he got anywhere near E102. (Coke used to set him off for example)

Last edited by Graham S1; 26-02-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 26-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Matt J
Well we were doing alright

I binned the caffeine also but didnt really notice any benefits, but I got used to being without so now its no hardship.

I still get terrible mood swings and manic bouts of depression which are literally verging on disabling, although I think that may be something more serious than caffeine
Try MSG as one of the main causes of such things. Also Gluten, and in many humans, good old simple dairy products such as cheese and milk mate.
Old 26-02-2008, 04:41 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

quite true, but didn't you read about the young lad who had a heart attack after drinking 8 cans of redbull in one day?

ok, he's a stupid pillock for drinking that much but the same can happen to loads of people so it's not that certain people are "allergic" to this sort of thing, it's the doseage that affects them, some peole will be able to drink a lot and nothing will happen, some people are refered to as lightweights because one snifter will knock them out

i know that if i neck a can of redbull nothing happens in the slightest, but if i take it with a meal i will be up all night, so when i need to drink it i take it in little sips so it does what it is supposed to do

it's all about knowing what you ingest and how it affects you rather than blanket banning one source of evil and hoping that no other strains get into your system

not having a go, but that's my take on things, i can eat virtually everything, be it bland of remorslessly hot and spicey, but give me an apple or a pineapple or a cherry and i get a violent allergic reaction whic needs an epi-pen to bring it under control or my throat swells up and i can't breathe
the only thing i can eat that doesn't cause this reaction is sweet and sour chinese stuff, but i have no idea why this is the case
my son sufferes from a nut allergy so we have to be extra carefull what we give him

but reading the labels does give you an insight as to just how many "numbers" we are eating in so called basic foods
Old 26-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by dojj
it's not that certain people are "allergic" to this sort of thing, it's the doseage that affects them,

not having a go, but that's my take on things,

give me an apple or a pineapple or a cherry and i get a violent allergic reaction whic needs an epi-pen to bring it under control or my throat swells up and i can't breathe

my son sufferes from a nut allergy so we have to be extra carefull what we give him

Do you ever read back your own posts to make sure they are at least not contradicting themselves?

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 26-02-2008 at 05:00 PM.