General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Has anyone had their knees flushed out??!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008 | 07:57 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Has anyone had their knees flushed out??!!

My wife is having an op on both knees today to flush out bone fragments from years of dancing and then having the bone surface sealed with heat. It's all being done by keyhole surgery.

Has anyone else had this and can tell me how long it takes to recover from and how successful it was please?

She should only be in overnight and they make sure she can climb stairs before she leaves so it doesn't sound too bad...........

Thanks

Paul
Old 07-02-2008 | 08:39 AM
jamesw
PassionFord Regular

Boss had one of his knees done a couple of years ago, then continued to play rugby, till it happened again, then had the op to remove some more stuff form his knee, he decided to give up rugby and take up quad biking!!

Anyway his ops were successful at the time, had him walking out the hospital the same day, but he was in pain, however he was walking pain free within the week, but it only lasted a few months but may not have been helped by his activity.

So to sum up, don't let your wife play rugby or use a quad and she should be fine!! Good luck!
Old 07-02-2008 | 08:42 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

i've had key ops on both my knees
my cousin has had key ops on one knee
another guy i used to work with has had key ops on one knee

mine were fine, but it was after a car accident and i'd mashed my legs so i couldn't give you a recovery time

my cousins was due to a football related injury and it took him a few weeks to recover back to his full fitness, but he was fit anyway so again, i'm not so sure how that will refelct for the mrs

the other guy had the op to remove a bit of bone and said it was now worse after than it was before because he had a clicking

i'd also got that clikcing where the joint sometimes locks up either in the striaght position or in the bent position and then i'm fucked for about 20 minutes because i can't do anything

over all the success rates are vey good for key ops on the knees, but there are also the times when you have small problems
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:30 AM
capri280
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default knee

i had mine right knee done 15years ago

get here to take High strength chondroitin/Glucosamine complex

I will help with joint lubrication

You get it in holland&battett

it will be on special offer from time to time i usually stock up in advance when the offers are there

one week she will be walking again
Old 07-02-2008 | 11:26 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers guys, I've just dropped her off and it's only a 1hour op for both so nothing major. She should be up and about later today
Old 07-02-2008 | 12:13 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've had my left knee done twice the first time I was off work for six weeks it didn't help that 2 weeks after the op I walked into my dads capri and twisted the knee!
the op didn't really work the first time so 2 years later I went under the knife again, this time I was back at work in 2 weeks and have been fine since..
I reckon they left something in there the first time!! lol

steve
Old 07-02-2008 | 12:28 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

ive had both done quite painfull for a week then gets better and better i would say up to 4 weeks to get right bud