General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fooking "Low Emission" zone in London....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:16 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's your point?

Would you hope he did nothing about it, or simply banned all polluting vehicles completely?

Would love to hear your alternative!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

My point was at the originating point of the thread, but you obviosuly chose not to read it in favour of being highly humerous - the point is don't bandy about how you are saving the world and the environment and peoples lives by banning certain vehicles from London, only to then turn round and say you actually aren't banning them, only just trying to make a few quid off em.....
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
Originally Posted by neilm
The ridiculous thing is, on yesterdays Politics Show they had the man from Transport For Laandan on trying to justify it.

When tackled on the impact to business he claimed it wouldnt be a problem as two thirds of the lorries coming into the city were registered after 2001 and were therefore already compliant.

SO they've brought this policy in to tackle 1 third of the lorries coming into Laandan

Just another Stealth Tax by Mad Ken to help fund his mate Lee Jasper the Equality man and all his chronies

Paul I know what you are saying but small firms who are running older lorries are being penalised, even though they have paid the same road tax as the larger operators and the same amount of fuel duty etc etc etc this should entitle them to use the roads of the land and not have to pay a further penalty that more modern lorries dont pay.

Unless of course the road tax on a lorry over 7 years old is reduced.

Its all wrong like most things that nutter Livingstone gets up to.

I'm sure once people who live in the capitals everyday goods go up in price putting more and more strain on the residents people will see the light and Livingstone will be off to Baghdad to act a special envoy there.
Climate change has a cost and everyone is going to have to get used to it....
Please tell me you don't belive in this hyped up bollocks? Do you belive in Santa and the tooth fairy as well?

Question, if the Polar Ice caps melt, will the sea levels around Britain rise? .... Think carefully before giving your answer.

Thrush , I have to agree with you on this one, if they didn't want polluting vehicles in the city, they would ban them ALL. Just slapping a charge on the "polluting" vehicles stinks of money grabbing, I bet it's just been carefully calculated to screw as many people as possible. In Bordeux City centre, they only allow delivery vehicles in, and only at dedicated times, everything else is park and ride, and the centre is pedestrianised, BUT they have set up fantastic tram networks and buses from the car parks etc

Pon, you do seem to spend most of your time on here making yourself look like a cock, perhaps YOU need a girlfriend....

Oh, wait.....

you already have one.....

Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont believe the hype.

Cars, lorries, planes, people, cows farting... NONE of this has anything to do with Climate Change its all bollocks.

Real Climate Change is a natural phenomena based on our proximity to the sun and solar activity and it goes in cycles

Political Climate Change however is a Money Stick than can be used to beat all sorts of people with from African nations, India, China, right down to the average Joe on the street...

Its a brilliant political idea.. because no one wants to feel they were the one who destroyed the earth by driving a car...

The sooner the public turn round en-mass and say

'Liar Liar Pants on Fire...we dont believe you the better'

All Carbon Dioxide does is helps photosynthesis and makes plants grow, if you want cleaner air, plant more trees, have more open space, grow lots of plants.

Job done !
Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

the misses had to out her 88 plate horse box, due to this and living in the zone, got 4.5K for it tho, so 3ks going on a horse box, the rest on a smokey old showgun or something the same, until i get myself a navara!

kens a CUNT tho,

theres a fair few horse centres in the zone, that rely on people from outta the zone to compete at to earn cash, going to have a hard time these busneses!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by Thrush
Pon;

1) NHS "rant" was weeks ago. Please post links to the "daily" rants I have
2) Since you seem to know me so well, I'd be entertained how you know I haven't got a girlfriend, since I haven't mentioned if I do or don't
3) Prey tell exactly why having a girlfriend would relieve this "tension" ? I pressume you mean by having sex, thus removing tension. Why would I need to have a girlfriend for that? You might not pull when you are out, doens't mean the rest of us can't. You can have sex with people that aren't your "girlfriend" you know - we don't live in biblical times!
ROFL

How do I know?

Trust me mate, it's obvious!
PMSL

SO thrush you wanna prove us wrong? When did you last get laid? Wanking doesnt count
Old 04-02-2008, 05:38 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you still dribbling thrush
Old 04-02-2008, 05:50 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dont believe the hype.

Cars, lorries, planes, people, cows farting... NONE of this has anything to do with Climate Change its all bollocks.

Real Climate Change is a natural phenomena based on our proximity to the sun and solar activity and it goes in cycles

Political Climate Change however is a Money Stick than can be used to beat all sorts of people with from African nations, India, China, right down to the average Joe on the street...

Its a brilliant political idea.. because no one wants to feel they were the one who destroyed the earth by driving a car...

The sooner the public turn round en-mass and say

'Liar Liar Pants on Fire...we dont believe you the better'

All Carbon Dioxide does is helps photosynthesis and makes plants grow, if you want cleaner air, plant more trees, have more open space, grow lots of plants.

Job done !
spot on that man
Old 04-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Seademon
Regular Contributor

Its not just central London thats affected, I live in Dartford and the zone extends all the way to here too!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
by making abigger hole in the pocket it will make the lorry firms think about using more "envoromentaly friendly" vehicles which will reduce the amount of polution there is in london

they alreayd have to do it for black cabs and in a few years time buses and smaller vans will also have to be compliant so it's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg mate
Finally someone back on topic Thing is Dojj, whilst it's all well and good making the haulage firms and cab drivers pay out of their pockets to convert their vehicles to meet the new emission laws, who's gonna pay for the London buses to be converted? The tax payer? Hardly fair is it? One might hope that any money generated by the pay as you go scheme in this emission fasard might be put into converting the buses but I highly highly doubt it. I means it's not like the millions and millions of pounds generated by raod tax actually fixes the majority of the roads

Seems that private coaches have to pay this or stay out of london, but the decrepid London buses we have seem to be excempt
you need to look at the log term picture
if you start to eliminate the polution from the centre of town then the vast majority of the population will be better off after a few years when the clean air starts to take effect

if this means that you only get newer vehhicles within the M25 then so be it

the irnoic thing is that the older vehicles which emit the dirty bits of soot through less efficient combustion also produced less harmfull emissions particulates as they can be more easily filtered by the nose whereas the newer particulates are 20 times as small and travel far further into the respitory system and therefore cause more problems
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Originally Posted by RichardPON
Pon;

1) NHS "rant" was weeks ago. Please post links to the "daily" rants I have
2) Since you seem to know me so well, I'd be entertained how you know I haven't got a girlfriend, since I haven't mentioned if I do or don't
3) Prey tell exactly why having a girlfriend would relieve this "tension" ? I pressume you mean by having sex, thus removing tension. Why would I need to have a girlfriend for that? You might not pull when you are out, doens't mean the rest of us can't. You can have sex with people that aren't your "girlfriend" you know - we don't live in biblical times!
ROFL

How do I know?

Trust me mate, it's obvious!
PMSL

SO thrush you wanna prove us wrong? When did you last get laid? Wanking doesnt count

It's actually no-ones business at all, but last time I had sex was on Saturday just gone, so thats THAT theory out the window isn't it?
I still fail to see how being in a relationship has anything to do with having a whinge about the Low Emission zone tho
Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Job done !
Ive only quote a section for ease.

The problem is that a a planet we now have less plants. Our population grows at an enormous rate and we as a species have an annoying habit of consuming every single resource this planet has to offer, with very little in the way of replenishing them.

Im no scientist, but I find it curious that the world has only started to heat up since the Industrial revolution. And more so in the last 100 years or so. Sure it could be coincidence. And I daresay the records arent available going back 2-10K years to compare.

The other issue is of course that the by products we create nowadays are man made. They arent naturally occuring, so the planet, even one full of trees and open spaces, cannot cope with our actions fast enough to simple photosynthesise our CO2 levels away. Radioactive* waste for example cannot be disposed of at the moment. And that is failry carcenogenic to the landscape. As is a large percentage of Diesel (modern and old) emissions. Give me a choice of being locked in a shipping container for an hour with a running car and I'll take the Petrol please. (dramatic but you get the gist )

* Yes I know Im going off a bit here, but it helps my point that our problems are based on Man made issues

Anyhow, I support Ken in this. He may not always be right, but at least hes trying to make London a nicer place to be. And its better IMO to take action and be wrong than to just sit around thinking about every possibility.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
scottbrown
Advanced PassionFord User

Most of our fleet are now too old, but what people forget is that....

We are a supplier, Our costs have gone up by £200, spread over approx 20 shops.....
hmmmmmmmmmm what should we do??

We have passed that are to our customer who i turn will pass that on to their customer, the general public!!!

So even if you have a brand new truck, everyone is going to be paying extra for goods. Businesses cannot soak up £200 a day per truck.