General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is Autronic the way forward??

Search this Thread

Old 20-10-2004, 11:32 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** BLATENT PLUG ****
SECS S8 does NOT require a new wiring loom and plugs into existing weber L1,L6,L8 and P8 without
mods (unless you want extra features)

EEC4 version (coming soon) plugs into existing FRST and COS-EEC4 looms.
Old 20-10-2004, 11:34 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simon would u recommend a new loom for some one who is thinking of spending 10k a new fresh engine
Old 20-10-2004, 11:34 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers simon, so next question..............L6 differs from L8 cause of the lack of lamba sensor? yeah?
Old 20-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nope, L8 has lambda version and non-lambda version - main difference (loom wise) is the different TPS.
Old 20-10-2004, 11:38 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Billabong
nope, L8 has lambda version and non-lambda version - main difference (loom wise) is the different TPS.
sorry bill, you mean the L8 loom can run the option of the lamba or not then? i.e. if it's needed use it, if not needed don't use it but if you had L6 you wouldn't have that option.
Old 20-10-2004, 11:39 PM
AustenW
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MBE Power Control Technologies

Generally speaking most aftermarket ECU's all do the same thing IMO.

Fine adjustment of fuel and spark.

I recently looked at all the ECU's out there on the market for my car and decided to go with the latest MBE ECU.

Used Pectel T2 in the past and it was very over rated and the spec was very poor for the money.

Looked at Autronic but it did not have the functions I required. I am sure it works fine but the software looked a bit hard to get used to for me also.

It also required extra drivers to run coil on plug, (£500) extra if I remember right.

The MBE ECU had the ignition drivers built in as standard and all for £750 + VAT.

The latest MBE 970 ECU on the market was developed for the TVR Speed 12 the circuit board design has had 100's of 1000's of pounds of development work done to it making it one of the most advanced designs on the market.

MBE do not sell as much to the aftermarket as most of there work comes from the large car manufactures. Good thing is that they use the research and development from these large contracts to improve the small amount of aftermarket ECU's they sell

Some of software is also joint developed by some of the major touring car / GT teams including the Honda factory team for the injector splitmap set up for upto 18 injectors.

Enough said.

The new MBE ECU that is currently in development sounds mega trick.

It measures suspension travel and steering position to calculate launch and traction control too.

If I remember right it does loads more stuff too but I couldn't get my head round it.

IMO Highly recomended.

Can also be used similar to the Autotune setup on Autronic
Old 20-10-2004, 11:40 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RANJ
simon would u recommend a new loom for some one who is thinking of spending 10k a new fresh engine
This is up to the tuner/ecu mapper.
The loom only needs to be replaced if faulty or is suspected faulty.
Obviously new parts are always a good idea.

I supply ecu's NOT engine packages.
Old 20-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

L8 was used on 4x4's prior to cat being required (and therefore lambda sensor) and also on the later cat equipped 4x4's. I think I misunderstood your question slightly, but believe the non cat L8 can be converted to run lambda control, but guess the earlier loom would need the extra wiring for the sensor.

I.E. ford used two versions of the L8 ECU on 4x4 Sapph's.
Old 20-10-2004, 11:41 PM
puddy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

no,early saff 4x4 were non lambda ,and later saff 4x4,green top, used lambda.

puddy oh yeah ,like he said
Old 20-10-2004, 11:44 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Billabong
L8 was used on 4x4's prior to cat being required (and therefore lambda sensor) and also on the later cat equipped 4x4's. I think I misunderstood your question slightly, but believe the non cat L8 can be converted to run lambda control, but guess the earlier loom would need the extra wiring for the sensor.

I.E. ford used two versions of the L8 ECU on 4x4 Sapph's.
i get ya mate, the same as the early 4x4 had a red top and the later green , is the loom in the later green top the same as the early big turbo escos?

i wana change the management in my 3dr that's all, and i wana know which is the best all rounder, the one i can get the most out of
Old 20-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

EsCos loom is slightly different to the late Sapph one I believe. P8 (EsCos) is the 'best' (out of L1, L6, L8, P8) in terms of advances made, memory etc. but plenty of big power cars running L8. You could run L8 on your loom after adjusting the loom wiring that goes to the TPS (swap outer two wires) AND by fitting the 4x4 PF09 TPS.
Old 21-10-2004, 12:40 AM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by SECS
sunny, Your post (up a few now) started out being a genuine well balanced
note and then you sum it up by saying...

.....New Autronic SM4 is out very soon and I will be checking it out fully and hopefully using that for my new engine. ....
This is why I dubbed you a "madette". Just had to get another ozzy "plug" in.

I DO have respect for Mark/MAD and Autronic for that matter as I have said above
on this thread earlier on but your opinion is blatently "everything but autronic is cr*p"
hence my reply that you have taken offence to !

And as a matter of fact, my business is doing well despite your efforts to bring it down !
PMSL - man....what planet are you on!?

Lets make this a tad simple.
1) In the post in question I say "Pectel T6 is just as good as Autronic SM2" how does that makes it look as if I am giving out plugs for Autronic / MAD and I am saying everything but Autronic is cr*p?
READ, engadge brain then post.
2) The fact that I share what ECU I am using is also a plug for MAD? Get real, everyone on here has commented on what ecu's they are or might be using. You have no point.
3) What your business does or how well it does really doesn't bother me...no seriously it doesn't bother me. I have my own buisness and with the greatest respect to be honest that is the only business that I really care about at the moment. Your comment about me trying to bring your business down is just the funniest thing I have heard all day....I conclusively come to the conclusion with you making all these comments about anyone with a non SECS ecu alledgely saying everything else but their managment system is crap and me trying to bring your business down....to me means one word paraniod!

You have a system, it has proven to work. Respect others in the community around you instead of pissing them off with all of these pathetic comments resulting in tuner warfar. Be sucessful and respect the environment around you instead of acting paraniod just because someone posted an ecu related comment and it didn't consist of bigging SECS up. Despite what ever you think (which I can assure you is totally wrong) I wish everyone (inc you...well this probably depends alot on your response to this post) the very best of luck on here with their businesses and cars (what ever ecu's they're are controlled by).

Off to catch my 3 hours of sleep before I start my 12hr shift.....otherwise I may well be bring my own business down.

Thanks - Sunny.
Old 21-10-2004, 12:57 AM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

In answer to the original question which I seemed to have missed .

Is Autronic the way forward?

I dont think so, I think ANY decent aftermarket management system is the way forward and will open up a lot of possibilities for the future! Regardless of brand!.

Ive had enough of this post.

Signing Out
Old 21-10-2004, 05:09 AM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by PhilM
In answer to the original question which I seemed to have missed .

Is Autronic the way forward?

I dont think so, I think ANY decent aftermarket management system is the way forward and will open up a lot of possibilities for the future! Regardless of brand!.
If what you say was true Phil then clearly we have been wasting our money with Pectel, SECS, Motec, Autronic etc (inc you as you should of saved yourself the grief of going SECS and getting Simon to make something up for you) as there are cheaper options out there that fall under your 'ANY so called decent management' domain that can do the job as good and provide all of the feature specific to everyones requirments....yeah? Let me assure you it really isn't quite as simple as that in the real world. There are systems that can provide and others than simply can't provide specific requirments also provide these options better or not than others. This is what is being discussed here.
Take some advice from someone that has been there, do your research and make sure that what you are buying will work and do everything as per your requirment instead of taking someone elses word for it. I have always been convinced when I have seen someone elses results with this in mind as you can't go wrong.

Thanks - Sunny.
Old 21-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Nice pop YUM, but you aint winding me up.....

Some people after you do some proper posts...

Right regarding looms...

It really depends on life of car rather than the age.

I have tested tiff's loom and it was bang on voltage, tested marco's pectel and his had a bigger voltage drop accross it and more resistance in the earthing circuit.

So tiff's 3door would not need a new loom as far as the management is concerned, but he does need one ideally cause some cowboys have fitted an immobiliser on the piss.

My standard 4x4 saff loom is perfect and i get 13.9 to 14.1 volts all over it, inc to the fuel pumps, so why do i need a new one ?

Matt's 3door was foooked tho, had a 2v voltage drop and has done not much more work than tiff's as far as i am aware.
Old 21-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Anonymous
Banned

IMA, don't see ahmed mentioned here, only reason MAD is cause he sells the ECU under topic you knob jockey.....
Old 21-10-2004, 08:33 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YUM360
Dingy think on this. MAD customers was very happy before Autronic was here and set some very good times and power figures with out it. Not every MAD customers has Autronic dingy
I certainly havent got autronic. I cant afford it.
Old 21-10-2004, 10:38 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

sunny, You need to chill mate. My "madette" comment is friendly banter
and if you actually read mine and other posts you will see there is no bad feeling
or insults being thrown - apart from your bad attitude towards me.
Old 21-10-2004, 11:30 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Bosch Man
I cant beleive your still dissing Mark ...Berleive me he knows more than MOST...i should knowas he hasbeen teaching ME...so Gus before you say even "ima racing can map SECS" think again...Mark has REALLY helped aswell as Karl......Dingy your gripe is with Ahmed NOT MAD...so stop being childish
I used MAD a while back mark is good but i do think he charges LOADS so i looked around and 2 years later

This i spoke to AHMED and he is the pectel man as most pepole know from rally car history
GESS WHAT I GET THE SECs S8 ECU NEXT WEEK AND AHMED HAS AGREED TO MAP IT

I think mark has let the cosworth pepole down as we built up his name by not mapping the car that gave him the Reputation unless we spend more money on his ECU

AHMED will map mine as i said on SECs S8 ECU and i feel that he is more worthy of my bussiness as he is showing that he WILL PUT HISELF OUT FOR THE ONE'S THAT MADE HIM (OUTSIDE THE RALLY NEWORK)

But that it my own view and the root that AHMED has agreed to help me with
THANKS AHMED AND SECs SIMON
Old 21-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

RS500/104,
I think mark has let the cosworth pepole down as we built up his name by not mapping the car that gave him the Reputation unless we spend more money on his ECU
Thats completely unfair IMO. Things move on and if mark feels he wants to be part of the whole package(Engine AND mapping), instead of just engine and place his trust in someone elses mapping then thats his perrogative. I read from this that you feel he owes you something?
Old 21-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

It could also be bollox... I don't remember mark ever slagging of SECS or saying he wouldn't work with it I reckon if one of marks existing customers couldn't afford an Autronic and bought a SECS ecu he would map it to help them out.
Old 21-10-2004, 12:00 PM
ImaRacing 700
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well mark helped me!...on S8....he never tried to sell my autronic either as he knew i was a tight arse ....On my understanding he can only deal or wants to deal with autronic now as he is a dealer......
Old 21-10-2004, 12:03 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
It could also be bollox... I don't remember mark ever slagging of SECS or saying he wouldn't work with it I reckon if one of marks existing customers couldn't afford an Autronic and bought a SECS ecu he would map it to help them out.
Porkie mate. I have been a customer of Marks for near 3 years now. He wont map SECS because he only maps Autronic. If i was really, really stuck he may lend a hand but because his market is autronincs he sticks with that. the same way he doesnt map marelli, he will advise to go to stu or ahmed. Im sure if ive got any of this wrong Mark will say so on here.
Old 21-10-2004, 12:07 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by RS500/104
I think that's a bit out of order.

Mark's been building Cosworth engines for years pre-Autronic.

Seems to do pretty well out of the EVO boys, and the ads are forever running in Motorsport News aimed at the EVO rally car market, so don't just think it's all Cosworth orientated.
Old 21-10-2004, 02:04 PM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

what i am saying is MAD has moved on
but he could leave it so every one WHO WANTS TO could still use him but he has chosen map AUTRONIC or go some were else

i think its that simple

but he will do other jobs for pepole JUST NOT THE MAPPING i think we all agree that and he does help if you need it
Old 21-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Fagin
Advanced PassionFord User

SECS or Autronic????

Mmmmmmm...... think I will stick with my ageing L6 with Super 8 board. Seems to help to deliver my required BHP.
Old 21-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Fagin
SECS or Autronic????

Mmmmmmm...... think I will stick with my ageing L6 with Super 8 board. Seems to help to deliver my required BHP.
Morris Minors still get you from a to b mate , just a bit outdated & slow these days. Nowt wrong with L6 is what i used up to my change to Autronics.
Old 21-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

but he could leave it so every one WHO WANTS TO could still use him but he has chosen map AUTRONIC or go some were else

i think its that simple

but he will do other jobs for pepole JUST NOT THE MAPPING i think we all agree that and he does help if you need it
I here this rubbish all the time MAD has given up on Cossies MAD wont do this wont do that Its funny that I am doing so many engines and work on these cars for new people, And when I charge them I give them a Itemised bill which shows I am not expensive just rember I only have to do a job once and not a couple of times like you have,

Porkie yes any cossie will do 200mph at Brunters with 700hp once the art is getting them to do it more than that hence the work done on Rods car this is the most important thing,

As regards not mapping Webber I have never done this and has always used Ahmed or reccomended Stu for this what has changed since then nothing now people are saying I wont work on there cars so dont go to me total load of crap it is a attemept to get work for themselfs and there Tuners.

Mark
Old 21-10-2004, 07:51 PM
MAD ANDY
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Mark, I heard a rumour you are looking to start tuning the Vauxhall Z20LET GSI unfortunately I started it lol
Old 21-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by MAD ANDY
Mark, I heard a rumour you are looking to start tuning the Vauxhall Z20LET GSI unfortunately I started it lol
But only if I put Autronic on it .

Mark
Old 21-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Nath-25/09
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

ello Mr Moss!!
Old 21-10-2004, 11:33 PM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

i think its that simple

as i said you do the work but only map Autronic and i do think you work is good VERY just i like to keep options open
WHICH MEANS NOT YOU WOULD NOT MAP MY CAR ON SECs ECU

I LOOKED AT AUTRONIC AND DID NOT WANT TO RE WIRE THE CAR
BUT DID WANT THE RACING LOOM I HAVE HAD MADE
Old 21-10-2004, 11:35 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

u dont need to rewire the whole car mate
similar loom to what u have ust had made me thinks