General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Insurance claim help needed

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2008, 06:49 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance claim help needed

Hi all

Right, back at the beginning of October, my Focus was reveresd into whilst I was in the local barbers, I saw it happen along with the barber and another customer. The guy responsible turned out to be on buisness and the car used was a hired one, we swapped details and off he went. The car was repaired later that month, but I had to pay my excess. Since then I've been on at my insurance firm about what's going on, and I've had three months of "we've tried ringing his insurance compnay but there's been no response" and I had to fight for them to claim my excess back.

Today I once again rang chasing, and I was told that they had been ringing the wrong number all along, finally (whilst I was on the phone) the (very polite) women got through to the other firm and was told that they knew about it and that the other guy is saying that I was in the car and is disputing fault!

So, what will happen now? I (thankfully) have two indepndent witnesses who can verify what went on, but will it make any difference if he keeps lying? And does it normally take this long?
Old 18-01-2008, 07:33 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

My mums going thru the exact same thing, the bloke even come round and offered to pay cash to fix my mums car. I told them I wanted it repaired at a main dealer and the bill was £800, once he saw that he saw his arse and has now changed his tune.

I have told my mum to go to court if need be, he was the one who said 'sorry' on the day and came round to her house offering cash.

They sent a wanna go 50/50 letter to which she returned with a big no.

Still ongoing
Old 18-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That sounds like it will drag on for a while. My wife has a very similar claim when her car was parked up unattended and the other party still disputed liability! It dragged on for ages and she never did get any money out of the other driver but claimed on her policy as she was fully comp.

Also you may find that your policy will go up even though the accident isn't your fault. I got hit by a driver with no licence/insurance etc and now my policy renewal has increased by £180 even though it wasn't my fault
Old 18-01-2008, 08:10 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Shit guys! seems to be quite a regular thing then