General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Zetec Turbo Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 22-12-2007, 02:24 PM
McGoo 69
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zetec Turbo Thread.

Right as your all probably sick of my engine questions this is deffinatly the route im going, i want to get my engine build on the way and in my car by the end of my xmas hols. Well have a Gearbox and bottom end in at least.

Basicly my plan is

Focus RS Bottom End
Focus ST 170 6speed Gearbox
T3 Turbo
Focus 2.0 Cylinder head, will get it ported and polished if possible.
Focus RS inlet with bigger throttle body

I know its not a big list but the focus rs bottom end will cover the main parts.

Im aiming for around 350bhp, now i know i might need to get a new diff for the gearbox but for now the 6speed will do, ill just keep my eyes peald for a Focus RS box

What else do you think ill need cam wise etc?

Ill be using the copper head gasket from Puma Speed/Build plus a few other modded bits like better coils etc but what other main parts do i need?

Sorry for the retarded engine questions recently but im new to this and just trying to build the best i can along with learning along the way.

The build of the engine wont be a problem as ive built motorbike engines before and changed head gaskets and timing belts etc on my fiesta so im sure ill cope.

Thanks Matty
Old 22-12-2007, 03:33 PM
luke89
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st i would say , ur gonna need a bigger turbo , like a gt28R , a better manifold then the standerd FRS or ERST one , inlet you mite get away with , some bigger injecters , and im sure iv been told that the FRS bottom end is only good to around the 300bhp mark?
Old 22-12-2007, 03:44 PM
McGoo 69
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the reason i was going to use a t3 was because ive already got one. My main concern is getting the engine built and my car up and running then i can concentrait on the extra BHP

Manifold wise ive already sorted a good SS 4branch manifold worth about £1k of a PF member, its made for a GT25 turbo but i will just buy a T25-T3 adaptor as ive seen them on ebay, then if i buy a better turbo i can simply bolt it upto the same manifold

Ill be using a focus Rs inlet with a bigger throttle body bought from Pumabuild i think it was.

And ive been told the Focus Rs bottom end is good for 360bhp (tested) and runs at 8.5:1 compression with forged rods/pistons as standard which will be perfect for me. Im trying to find someone who works for ford so i can get one at trade for about £850