General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How quick was hamilton??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I officially give, up.. i knew the kid when growing up. I saw him race.. i saw him lose in the UK. won the british cadet championship and couldnt win the british Jica And FA..

He won FA, big deal.. so did colin brown, but the world championship! he is no where now

Lewis got mullered in FSA karting, and took an age to mature in a single seater to be ready for f1!

Turbocabbie, i know much more about him and his career than google will ever tell you!!!

F1 managers dont go looking for karting stars at the weekend, they have there own business to run... they keep an eye on international karting for sure, an eye..

lewis was already under the wing long before he ventured into europe..

I would imagine they were pretty pissed off at first when he coudltn win the british championship thats why they created another class for him to win
SUITABLY NAMED

Maclaren Mercedes champions of the future, which he unduly won as all the main british pratagonists were racing in the ''british championship'' and not this mickey mouse televised series to bring his profile up
Old 05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Christ is this still going on
Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
Lewis got mullered in FSA karting, and took an age to mature in a single seater to be ready for f1!
Mullered?

And yet he's excelled in every discipline since Karting. Why would it bother you, unless you're either exceedingly jealous, or bitter that he suceeded where you couldn't.

How many races did you win? Not many I should imagine
Old 05-12-2007, 12:40 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Mullered?

And yet he's excelled in every discipline since Karting. Why would it bother you, unless you're either exceedingly jealous, or bitter that he suceeded where you couldn't.

How many races did you win? Not many I should imagine

lots mate thanks

where did he excel? superone cadets?

then foookin yamaha champs future
jica champs future,

we all know that series was a joke when it first started with none of the ''big boys'' from superone competing

then Europe FA

he never won the british jica champs..

he came 15th in FSA.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

where did he excel?
Read what I wrote.

"in every discipline since karting".

Why are you so insistent that the person with the most raw talent on the circuit "deserves" to make the top? A driver is more than just someone who wins a few karts races, especially these days.

What's the difference between Hamilton's route, and say a footballer who get scouted at 12 years old, gets loads of equipment for free, free training, education paid for with private tuition. Then they go on to win player of the year in the Manchester United young players league, and then gets straight into the first team squad.

From a purely financial point of view, Ron Dennis hasn't exactly made a bad investment. Bearing in mind what Hamilton has done so far, would you not agree that he was right to invest in him from an early age?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:50 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes i agree with you Pon for the 2nd time ever i think it is..

What i dont agree on is people commenting on what a genius he must have been for dennis to invest in him, which clearly he wasnt. Yes he was good. Not the best at the time, and it wasnt only his talent that made dennis decide on him, there were many factors and negotiations etc.

It wasnt ''a match made in heaven'' or a ''fairy tale start'' as some on here would like to believe

so the comments that ''he must have been awesome'' etc to be spotted is all bollocks at the end of the day.

With what support he has had, he really has made the most of a fantastic opportunity, and i wish him the best of luck i really do just ignorant cunts who think he is the best thing since sliced bread is annoying especially when they no nothing about his background.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichardPON
What's the difference between Hamilton's route, and say a footballer who get scouted at 12 years old, gets loads of equipment for free, free training, education paid for with private tuition. Then they go on to win player of the year in the Manchester United young players league, and then gets straight into the first team squad.
When you consider that, then F1 is quite behind. Not just football either. In the future, it's how most drivers will enter the sport I think.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:57 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

What i dont agree on is people commenting on what a genius he must have been for dennis to invest in him, which clearly he wasnt. Yes he was good. Not the best at the time, and it wasnt only his talent that made dennis decide on him, there were many factors and negotiations etc.

It wasnt ''a match made in heaven'' or a ''fairy tale start'' as some on here would like to believe

so the comments that ''he must have been awesome'' etc to be spotted is all bollocks at the end of the day.

With what support he has had, he really has made the most of a fantastic opportunity, and i wish him the best of luck i really do just ignorant cunts who think he is the best thing since sliced bread is annoying especially when they no nothing about his background.
but the majority of people watching F1 will have seen a rookie come within 1 point of the championship....that's never ever been seen before and as such has made people believe he IS special.

I'd not be at all surprised to see him become the most succesful F1 driver of all time, considering his age and obvious talent.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:22 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis

but the majority of people watching F1 will have seen a rookie come within 1 point of the championship....that's never ever been seen before and as such has made people believe he IS special.
exactly!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:24 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so why shout me down when i explain how he got there?! people dont like to hear he isnt some 'GOD' who walked out of the sky?
Old 05-12-2007, 01:26 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

so why shout me down when i explain how he got there?! people dont like to hear he isnt some 'GOD' who walked out of the sky?
It's the way you seem to belittle his acheivements.

F1 is the pinnacle of motor sport...every else is below it IMO, it's what every driver aspires to compete in, and if you are the best at that, then you are the best full stop....all IMO of course.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

F1 is the pinnacle of motor sport...every else is below it IMO, it's what every driver aspires to compete in, and if you are the best at that, then you are the best full stop....all IMO of course.
Not Belittle him. He has done well, but with a HUMUNGEOUS amount of support. F1 is the top, but he has been breast fed and given a chueffered lift all the way
Old 05-12-2007, 01:29 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Not Belittle him. He has done well, but with a HUMUNGEOUS amount of support. F1 is the top, but he has been breast fed and given a chueffered lift all the way
maybe so, but he drives the car on his own...no-one helps him once the lights go out
Old 05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

maybe so, but he drives the car on his own...no-one helps him once the lights go out
Yes your right, and with all the experiance he has had, and development he has haD, he is doing very well in the best car!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:41 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes your right, and with all the experiance he has had, and development he has haD, he is doing very well in the best car!
and earning shit loads the little fooker
Old 05-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Taylor
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Serious Talent!
Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and it wasnt only his talent that made dennis decide on him, there were man just ignorant cunts who think he is the best thing since sliced bread is annoying especially when they no nothing about his background.
how do you know who knows what about him?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:28 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by wesvailco
Originally Posted by Mondeo Man

You dont even know what is being tested by each team, so direct comparison means shit, as does your ill informed and poorly constructed opinion

Have a nice day
at the end of the day, the top time stands. just like today...a BMW on full slicks was fastest. every dog has its day....shame lewis' came and went in china. he does have much to PROVE, all the hype....what results? second place in championship and last place in constructors. said it before....went from having a 1 on its nose to having two- two's (22).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7129697.stm

Seems like the others needed the extra practise the other week
Old 06-12-2007, 04:57 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

ferrari are the best car, they won the constructors

Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have to agree with xr2i-carl to some extent.

When i watched the program on how hamilton got to where he is, its was a disapointment tbh. The press make out he's just come from sitting his driving test with BSM and walked onto the F1 podium. Obv not, but with the amount of backing he's had its no wonder he's where he is.

Watch this, the practice laps lewis made on TG, now no1 can tell me this is a good driver. the lines he takes are shocking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6ScKvB98E

Top Gear well fixed the filiming and times to boost his profile. IMO.