General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How quick was hamilton??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudey
Originally Posted by danneth
so if i chucked 50 million at you youd do what he did ya recon? and why do you think he got it chucked at him people dont invest in something thats not gonna pay off do they it was obviously clear from a very young age how good he was
think you missed the point, like i said he obviously is a talent but without all the money would he be where he is now? some people just get the break and some dont im pretty confident in saying theres prob someone out there who could do the same job but will never get the chance
i dont agree mate if somebody is good and they race regular they get spotted scouts are everywere mate like a mate of mine was on a track day at silverstone on his bike hes amazeing on a crosser sportsbike ect ect he got spotted and got a ride for ducatti he failed the medical because his knee were shot from motor cross so no mate i think not if sombody is that good and they dont get anywhere thier not trying hard enough to get thier

but what about the people who cant afford to do it regular enough to get spotted?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:18 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who cares i think with a little more time simon cowell would kick his arse
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Porkie
Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
Originally Posted by RickyLee53
Originally Posted by dojj
top gear reckon it's 4 seconds a lap wet/dry but webber asid that it wasn't anywhere near that

still, it's an impressive time but i'm sure there might have been some tom foolery going on behind the scenes, if it's the same as it's always been for the earlier car, they get unlimited amounts of laps (within reason) and they pick the fastest one from the lot, unlike the new car where you get 5 practice laps and then your timed lap

either way, it's a cracking time, if he hadn't of spun away from teh line so much i reckon he owuld have had it in the bag
This is what i mean with my earlier point.

I also thought this about the car leaving the line slowly, this is probably the main place he gained time. But the car's that slow, maybe its just as quick to let it spin, rather than have it bog down.

It was very fast, he might be over a second quicker than every1 else and the stig. But the stig shouldn't be at the top of the board now, he's not as good as the f1 driver's otherwise he would be in an F1 car.

I'd like to see a touring car driver go around
thats a bollox comment mate.. i know of dozens of racing drivers who comprehensily ANNIHILATED Hamilton in karting.. BUT they didnt have millions of pounds and support for ten years..

Just because lewis is in F1 does not make him the best in the world....

Lewis has taken ages mate. 6 years since leaving karting to F1, thats an eternity... he first drove a maclaren in 2004... wasnt deemed ready tho..
GRADE A CUNT

back up your BULLSHIT.....show me some results of Lewis getting annihilated you muppet

The first thing I thought of when I saw what lewis did in that car is ' at least that will shut that fool gobbng off about how crap Lewis is'

Guess I was wrong
Blimey dont hold back
Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

never said he isnt good, IMHO there was drivers in his class who showed far more potential....

funny that his dad had a side job at maclaren that no-one knew about, and the fact his dad also said he would use his sons colour to his full advantage and the fact ron dennis too wanted to have the FIRST black man in F1 and to win a race and world championship!!

ron dennis didnt go looking for talent, Lewis businessman dad went looking for dennis.

I wish him the best luck and that he succeeds otherwise it would have been a waste of money

the names i mentioned. One won the McLaren Autosport Young Driver of The Year Award and has done f3 and did some A1GP. One is back karting etc
Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

to do what he has in his first season i think hes showed his worth have you got a white pointy hat or sumat?
No pointy hat, and yes he did well
Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
McGoo 69
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pee vee
jesus why is everyone trying to fault lewis??

only one person is trying to Fault Lewis.. and that is becuase
His mates might of been better than Lewis,, at some point in time about
10 years ago. lol.......... when they were 11
jesus only just read the full amount of this thread xr2i-carl you need to get a grip, ive not seen such a pathectic keyboard warrior in my life!

id dont car how crap you think lewis is or he only got there because of the money (which is bullshit because didnt his dad have to work 2/3 jobs to keep him on the track?) i doubt lewis did much else with his life in his younger years.. he lived for karting and bacause of that he is where he is today

your the most bitter person i have ever come across, hes made it end of and it is a fact as said by thousuands of people that he is one of the best drivers there is, he came out of no where and still got on the podium! i think thats pritty impressive, if he didnt have bad luck he would have won

imo hes the biggist winner of them all
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think he did a brilliant lap made it look easy with the singing

You can either do it or you can't
I can't lol My own car was driven a lap of a circuit over 5 seconds faster than me by someone who never drives the car, missed a gear and only had 2 laps of the circuit and i drove it pretty much as fast as i could within certain circumstances
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Was just watching the uncut parts of the interview, Lewis comes across well IMO. Got to laugh at this though, he is tiny

Old 03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
edd

Originally Posted by Stoned
Aye that's not true. Money doesn't = natural talent.

Look at that GP Masters race a year back, all previous F1 drivers over 40. All in the same car and Mansell finished the 30 lap race over 30 seconds ahead of the 3rd place driver iirc.
mansell is a big fat cunt as well
Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
COS 22
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i would like to see andy galaghers focus on there
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

No matter what any1 says in any motorsport cash makes a big difference, look at the team's at the back of the grid and the 1s at the front, this is the same throughout all the various forms and sorry but you don't notice the kid at the back in a poor car kart or bike, because he's got the worse kart/bike yet not come last.

Lewis has a natural talent, but i reckon theres a fair few people with this same talent that don't get to use it.

1 thing is if you watched the TV program about him, why were there so many vid's like he knew he was going to be the champion.

His father played a MASSIVE part in his success!

Back to the top gear lap the stig says 3 seconds for a wet track for the normal drivers, surely this isn't the same when it comes to an F1 driver?

Either way, i think he would have beat the stig. Can't wait to see if he does a dry lap.

And rally or touring car driver would be good to see.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fook it get kimi and alonso on and dedicate a whole show to it
Old 03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
dumped

To slag hamilton is imo stupid - he has proven his talent next to a reigning world champion in the same car. Dont tell me Alonso is also there due to flukes etc.
Of course his father helped engineer his position - why are you jealous of that? life is a competiton.

I still dont like the guy though, going on about pimped rides, lieing about tax moves to switzerland when he works and was brought up in the UK makes him good enough to pay our taxes imo. He also seems to try too hard to be liked instead of being his own man.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dumped
I still dont like the guy though, going on about pimped rides, lieing about tax moves to switzerland when he works and was brought up in the UK makes him good enough to pay our taxes imo. He also seems to try too hard to be liked instead of being his own man.
i agree - just because he is black doesn't mean he has to live up to the stereotypes.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 AM
fish99

Get some real drivers on there from the world rally championships.... they could do the course in the wet, dry, muddy, snow whatever.. would like to see an f1 driver do that.... f1 pansys
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

jerez, spain......today. kimi and marc gene.

thursday is schumacher's second round of "testing".

-wonder if your boy hamilton is up to it? he's done with his book signing and fresh from recieving all those awards. with all this talk of him getting close to the stig....or will mclaren put pedro out on thursday. again, if lewis wants to make a point he needs to better schumacher this week. the bloke still doesn't get any respect from me either way.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

he was very nervous in front of the cameras on top gear, did you notice that the whole time his feet were tapping on the chair rest?

i think he's going to stay here and continue his "tour" and make us believe that he's as good as schumaker so he doesn't need to try, whereas we all seem to have a feeling that schumey would have spanked his backside but good had he shown his face there

remember there is no traction control and lewis likes to get the back end out

on the other hand, i think it's possibly more a case of mercedes not wanting to show their hand and save a few quid from him going backwards every 5 minutes
Old 04-12-2007, 07:09 PM
rs_turbo_ant
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah he is a good f1 driver.......

but bet he is shit on Scalextric
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
gar mae

Good lap by Lewis, I hope he has a great year in F1 next year.

Were all the other laps by the former F1 drivers in the old car?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by american
jerez, spain......today. kimi and marc gene.

thursday is schumacher's second round of "testing".

-wonder if your boy hamilton is up to it? he's done with his book signing and fresh from recieving all those awards. with all this talk of him getting close to the stig....or will mclaren put pedro out on thursday. again, if lewis wants to make a point he needs to better schumacher this week. the bloke still doesn't get any respect from me either way.
You dont even know what is being tested by each team, so direct comparison means shit, as does your ill informed and poorly constructed opinion

Have a nice day
Old 04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

its was a good lap but it was almost dry he had all the crew sweeping the track dry before he went on it
Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by gar mae

all of them
Old 04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
gar mae

Originally Posted by dojj

all of them
Isn't the new car at least 3 seconds faster? Who cares anyway, Lewis is still a great driver
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Webber is a current driver and it was the old car
Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
gar mae

Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
89xr2
Brap!

No questioning Lewis has great talent, as said by alot of others on here though i'd love to see drivers from other disciplines out on the track. It would be very intersting to see the likes of Matt Neal, Sebastian Loeb etc. on there..
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
dojj

but he was in the liana, which is slower
Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

does anyone understand that being a top class racing drive is NOT just about practise

your brain has to work in the right way,,,, YOU have to be the right sort of person,, thats a calm/ hard to excite person who needs a REAL thrill to get scared,, thats before you even get into the car

thats why some people are hobby drivers and you get natural talent,,,,, you can throw millions at someone making them a good driver, but someone with the correct mind/brain will just clock on to whats got to be done and will get better quicker

same as DJing, some people understand music,some people wish to understand it but dont and so practice,,,, people who play music are proven to think different to non musical people when working out puzzles ect

oh and how many children do you think have said to him in the past " i wanna race for mclaren" at some point someones gonna get to race for them

the man is talented,,,, hes just starting and got skill,, dont hate,,,,,,, appriciate !
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
does anyone understand that being a top class racing drive is NOT just about practise

your brain has to work in the right way,,,, YOU have to be the right sort of person,, thats a calm/ hard to excite person who needs a REAL thrill to get scared,, thats before you even get into the car

thats why some people are hobby drivers and you get natural talent,,,,, you can throw millions at someone making them a good driver, but someone with the correct mind/brain will just clock on to whats got to be done and will get better quicker

same as DJing, some people understand music,some people wish to understand it but dont and so practice,,,, people who play music are proven to think different to non musical people when working out puzzles ect

oh and how many children do you think have said to him in the past " i wanna race for mclaren" at some point someones gonna get to race for them

the man is talented,,,, hes just starting and got skill,, dont hate,,,,,,, appriciate !
Safe Blud!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

never said he isnt good, IMHO there was drivers in his class who showed far more potential....
If these drivers were good enough on a regular basis for you to notice I would assume other managers would, could you please state the names of these drivers what championships they have won and what they are doing now

ron dennis didnt go looking for talent, Lewis businessman dad went looking for dennis.
I think you will find that it was Lewis himself that approached Ron Dennis At age ten, he approached McLaren F1 team boss Ron Dennis for an autograph, and told him, "Hi. I'm Lewis Hamilton. I won the British Championship and one day I want to be racing your cars." Dennis wrote in his autograph book, "Phone me in nine years, we'll sort something out then..... Lewis wanted to drive for Mclaren like his hero Ayrton Senna.
Lewis's father was actually a Ferrari Fan and dreamed of his boy driving for the prancing horse

the names i mentioned. One won the McLaren Autosport Young Driver of The Year Award and has done f3 and did some A1GP. One is back karting etc
OK but in the right circumstances Ralf Schumacher can win a race even in a Grand Prix car, but this does not make him an exceptional talent like his brother... show some full statistics of the people around lewis age and see how they compare.

Lewis won several karting series, including the European Formula A championship in 2000. After a year of learning in Formula Renault, he won the 2003 British Formula Renault championship with 10 victories and 11 pole positions. After a year of learning in the F3 Euroseries, he won that series in 2005 with 15 victories and 13 pole positions. In 2006 he did not even need a year of learning to win the title in his rookie year in the GP2 series, an F1 support race series.

His statistics prior to F1 and his stats since arriving suggest he is above average
Old 05-12-2007, 06:49 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
If these drivers were good enough on a regular basis for you to notice I would assume other managers would, could you please state the names of these drivers what championships they have won and what they are doing now

I think you will find that it was Lewis himself that approached Ron Dennis At age ten, he approached McLaren F1 team boss Ron Dennis for an autograph, and told him, "Hi. I'm Lewis Hamilton. I won the British Championship and one day I want to be racing your cars." Dennis wrote in his autograph book, "Phone me in nine years, we'll sort something out then..... Lewis wanted to drive for Mclaren like his hero Ayrton Senna.
Lewis's father was actually a Ferrari Fan and dreamed of his boy driving for the prancing horse

OK but in the right circumstances Ralf Schumacher can win a race even in a Grand Prix car, but this does not make him an exceptional talent like his brother... show some full statistics of the people around lewis age and see how they compare.

Lewis won several karting series, including the European Formula A championship in 2000. After a year of learning in Formula Renault, he won the 2003 British Formula Renault championship with 10 victories and 11 pole positions. After a year of learning in the F3 Euroseries, he won that series in 2005 with 15 victories and 13 pole positions. In 2006 he did not even need a year of learning to win the title in his rookie year in the GP2 series, an F1 support race series.

His statistics prior to F1 and his stats since arriving suggest he is above average
is your real name anthony

some people argue because they feel no one is listening to their point of view, some people argue because they believe they are right, and some people argue because they feel that no one takes them serioursly
i had a load of shit when i posted about wrestling and i took it on the chin and, when the facts came out i accepted that i was probably mistaken but i put my facts across and they put their facts across and we left it at that

the problem with carl is that f1 is a much more car forum related subject than wrestling is, so he's going to hae more and more people argue against him

even graham with his conspiracy theories doesn't get as much stick, so perhaps if carl stops complaining about how he feels others got pushed to the side for the skae of lewis being the homegrown hero and there was an ulteriour motive to his signing for ron, then we can forget about this and carry on

i'd love for him to have won this year had everything been above board in the season, but it wasn't
so next year he'll also have a question mark hanging over his head
2009 is the year he'll make his mark and win his first proper chamipionship as this year and next will be tainted with the spying scandal

that all said and done, there is no denying he's got incredable talent which is why he drives for F1 and makes millions while stig has to hide his face in shame because he's a collection of not so great touring car drivers
Old 05-12-2007, 07:12 AM
wesvailco
Virgin

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man

You dont even know what is being tested by each team, so direct comparison means shit, as does your ill informed and poorly constructed opinion

Have a nice day
at the end of the day, the top time stands. just like today...a BMW on full slicks was fastest. every dog has its day....shame lewis' came and went in china. he does have much to PROVE, all the hype....what results? second place in championship and last place in constructors. said it before....went from having a 1 on its nose to having two- two's (22).
Old 05-12-2007, 07:25 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by wesvailco

Have a nice day
at the end of the day, the top time stands. just like today...a BMW on full slicks was fastest. every dog has its day....shame lewis' came and went in china. he does have much to PROVE, all the hype....what results? second place in championship and last place in constructors. said it before....went from having a 1 on its nose to having two- two's (22).
knowing what the other teams have tried means that you don't waste time trying stuff for yourself
how much that time is worth and how much that information saves you costwise in regards to testing and wind tunnelling etc is the point

you don't buy somke bricks and sand and cement and then try and build a house by mixing it all up in your sink do you, you find out what you need to do and what works or you pay someone to build the house for you

what maclaren did was get the blueprints for part of the house so they knew what would work and what wouldn't work in their design of house and then used that informatio to gain not only the advantage of knowing what the other teams were doing, but also to know what the other tams had already tried and to possibl arrange a strategy so that if those scenarios were ever to come into play they would know what hand the other team were playing and they could change their strategy accordingly

but it doesn't mean to say that the brickies you were using were shit, you need to be blaming the architects for roing their ideas from someone else
Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by wesvailco

Have a nice day
So if Ferarri are testing the new car with light fuel, full slicks and in race trim and Maclaren are testing endurance with full fuel and last years aero package for example does that mean if Shuey pips Hamilton by 0.3 seconds it means anything....er no

Only to blinkered twat
Old 05-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

Ive not posted on pf for aaaaaaagggges, and its mainly due to threads like this.

1 mong has something stupid to say and it ends up in 4 pages of bickering

people from maclaren OBVIOUSLY saw something in hamilton that they didnt see in the other potentials

simple as that
i wouldnt think they just went to local kart track and he was lucky to get picked....then over the next few years be LUCKY enough to have had millions and millions invested in him

Quick Reply: How quick was hamilton??????