General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...

Search this Thread

Old 29-11-2007, 11:10 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm still very intresting.

maybe have to wait 4 the full write up.
Old 30-11-2007, 12:15 AM
arkley
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

All these people just want to know if Stu is getting a share

I hope so
Old 30-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by Robski
Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
O.K offering Ł10 Gold membership this month was wrong IMO
Erm... why.. would people prefer to pay Ł20 from now on?

What am i missing?
Maybe im missing the point BUT those Gold payments were to keep this place running as it was run by enthusuiasts at no profit...hence why we were asked(if we wanted to) to help cover the costs of running such a site.
Which was fine.
Now this site has been sold off to a successfull and rich internet firm,who will make money out of adverts etc(i mean they arn't doing this for fun)so why are we helping them out over costs of running this place?

Infact i guess that the latest Ł10 Gold membership offer,which i think was offered AFTER this place had been sold,went straight in Pets Paypal account and won't be used on this site...so pet got a nice sum for this site and X amount of Ł10 subscriptions after he had already sold this place!To me that doesn't sound fair does it?

But like i said,maybe i've read things wrong.....
Yes.. you are missing the point, as are a few others! I do wish people would read properly what Stu said.... specifically the parts in bold print! Julien has NOT sold PF yet, it's still at the discussion stage and if/when sold, it won't be until January

Some months ago, a large American company Called Internet Brands (IB) approached Julien about the possibility of purchasing PassionFord from him. IB own leading websites in the automotice sector such as CarsDirect.com, GreenHybrid.com, NewCarTestDrive and Wikicars.com and more recently, Scoobynet.com.

Upon agreeing to discuss options further Julien agreed to sign an IDS which basically forbid him to mention what had been discussed with any 3rd parties, and, knowing how stressed i was over the wedding and other things in recent months found solace in the fact he couldnt tell me legally anyway. So, they have discussed taking his whole internet hosting side as he hosts quite a few forums too, and this discussion has not yet come to total fruition due to the fact the takeover time of L-tech is supposed to be January 2008

Julien is likely to sell the lot to IB and they will then own Passionford as an entity. However, they dont actuially want to change anything except to move its hosting over to London and to give it bandwidth and connections we we have only ever dreamed of and its own cluster of servers. That will be the end of speed problems. period. That too is likely to happen in January.

If i thought Julien had pulled a fast one i would tell you all straight and I dont. Its as simple as that, but for now, theres little else i can tell you Due to the secrecy form he has signed but he will talk to them tomorrow about how they ended up advertising the site as theirs before the deal was closed and ultimately leading to this mess we have now.
Onwards and upwards folks, nothing has changed, everything you pay for is still here for you to acces and there are no reasons for you to worry and many reasons for you to be excited.

Finally,
Anyone wondering why Julien isnt posting this, its for the same reason he hasnt been around for many months now, complications with his newborn child back in August that led to the very near death of his wife, still has his child in a quite critical condition, and he is not spending any time worrying about things like this internet malarky. This was one of the reasons IB are announcing nothing until early next year, because Julien has bigger priorities at the moment. Due to this, i agreed to step back into the admin role just for tonight so i can take care of this topic on his behalf.
Old 30-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Robski

Thats IF PF hasn't been sold already!! Remember this is the guy that didn't even tell Stu what was going on and he found out via another thread on this site!...NICE!
Make of it what you like,but i'd say the deal is done and dusted,does anyone in here trust Pet?....and its not the money thats an isssue,it could beŁ50,Ł100.
I couldn't give 2 f**ks about that(or do i over who owns this place),its just the principal...and i thinks something stinks about this deal.
But hey i'm sure the true facts will come out someday
Old 30-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jabba
Originally Posted by Racey
Originally Posted by jabba
In theory nothing will change, maybe, but it just feels like the true spirit of the site will be lost. Owned by a faceless foreign enterprise.
with all due respect I cant see this happening. Afterall, all the same members will be here talking about all the same things, its just that it will be owned by someone different.

Its not like they are going to come on here and tell everyone to stop talking european ford and start talking american ford.

And if they do, as i've said before, we'll all move to another forum and talk about what we want to talk about
I know what you're saying, it's just a shame it's going this way.

If you promise to do another calender shoot it'll help with the pain.

I would gladly do another, but unfortuantely my spare time (what little i have nowdays) is taken up with promoting my big cosworth breaking business only kidding

Unfortuantely alot of the ladies involved all backed out of the last one because of the greif they received from the one years back. Once again, a few who thought their opinion was "funny" actually took what could have been a nice cheque going to those that need it - but of course selfish pricks dont think about that do they
Old 30-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Redkop

Thats IF PF hasn't been sold already!! Remember this is the guy that didn't even tell Stu what was going on and he found out via another thread on this site!...NICE!
Make of it what you like,but i'd say the deal is done and dusted,does anyone in here trust Pet?....and its not the money thats an isssue,it could beŁ50,Ł100.
I couldn't give 2 f**ks about that(or do i over who owns this place),its just the principal...and i thinks something stinks about this deal.
Stu has already stated he has no reason to disbelieve what Julien has told him....
If i thought Julien had pulled a fast one i would tell you all straight and I dont. Its as simple as that
So why are you stirring up things with like "does anyone trust Pet?" and that you "think something stinks"?
Old 30-11-2007, 08:40 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Originally Posted by Dannn

Stu,

First of all in case you take anything the wrong way I think your one of the most nicest honest people I have met in the car world. Not a cunt in my book

Dan

Old 30-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sod all the PF shit I hope Julians wife and child make a full and speedy recovery
Old 30-11-2007, 11:42 AM
tracktoy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
Originally Posted by Dannn

Stu,

First of all in case you take anything the wrong way I think your one of the most nicest honest people I have met in the car world. Not a cunt in my book

Dan

i thought this one was better

Originally Posted by jay.
oh fucking hell
stu was in barbados doing a balloon dance for nicole when i started it
Old 30-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good god what a read...

Old 30-11-2007, 04:53 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

I think the site has been sold already otherwise www.internetbrands.com
would not have placed the PF logo on their website.......

My opinion of course

From their site....

Automotive....Our e-commerce automotive websites enable consumers to research and buy new and used cars. We operate a large portfolio of automotive-related community websites, which we believe collectively comprise one of the leading automotive enthusiast audiences in the world.
The PF logo is next to this statement
Old 30-11-2007, 05:09 PM
UBster

fair play Stu!!!!

Hope you or pet has made some good coin out of this then the headache may have been worth it!
Old 30-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
I think the site has been sold already otherwise www.internetbrands.com
would not have placed the PF logo on their website.......

My opinion of course

From their site....

Automotive....Our e-commerce automotive websites enable consumers to research and buy new and used cars. We operate a large portfolio of automotive-related community websites, which we believe collectively comprise one of the leading automotive enthusiast audiences in the world.
The PF logo is next to this statement
Another one who hasn't read Stu's first post properly! Shame on you Simon....

Due to the secrecy form he has signed but he will talk to them tomorrow about how they ended up advertising the site as theirs before the deal was closed and ultimately leading to this mess we have now.
Old 30-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

..Dannn is a cunt but spot on with his post
Old 30-11-2007, 05:56 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No i dont really care, not on here enough, even tho i was one of the first here and have always been on here.

No i dont think Stu is lying or trying it on, but maybe he is being stiffed by pet but that is for him to sort, the bloke isnt some nieve whipper snapper he runs a very sucessful business so im sure he wont be fucked over.

And yer i do believe that it will change for the worse, but so what if you dont like how i becomes move on....

Stu ignore all the dicks, aint worth it...
Old 30-11-2007, 06:55 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Guys i'll try and stay focused here,ill also try and say what i feel and is my own opinion of coarse.

Ok this site has grown and had to be worth some money,how much i dont care,the fact that it had xxxxx members made it worth something now this site was pet's and stu's baby and no one elses,IF they decide to sell it, isn't that up to them,they are business people after all ??

Good luck to you both in what ever share you get wether it be 10:90 or 90:10 you both deserv it.

ALTHOUGH

the doubter in me says that to make the site worth a little more,wouldnt it be a great to get more "gold members" as this would/could reflect and be a good bargaining point when/if the sale happeneds, to get this a great way would be to halve the membership fee.

Now i can see that you Stu, already said that You halved the fee without any knowledge of the fact that a sale might be impending, we only have your word on that,but having been on this site vertually every day since it was started and getting to know you a little, i feel your word should be enough,but theres still alittle bit of doubt in my mind.

Anyway to Pet:Hope you and your family have a great Christmas coming up,coupled with i hope what ever problems you have within your family get sorted real quick.

To Stu:i hope you get fair share of what ever might be on offer (Also a good christmas lol)

Steve.
Old 30-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
..Dannn is a cunt but spot on with his post
Thanks Phil, You cunt !
Old 30-11-2007, 09:29 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Redkop
Lynn,

On the contrary, I have read the post.

Shame - For having an opinion, Why ?
You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

Why would a large company like IB claim they have bought it when
nothing has been signed ?, They wouldnt is my answer.
It would be a legal minefield that could go either way if either side
decided to change the terms of any unsigned deal.

Stu is far from happy despite putting a brave face on it all.
Its a huge kick in the bollocks for all his efforts.

Again all my opinion and if its wrong I will stand corrected.
Old 30-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Dunno what to think to be honest! I think short term not much would change, but long term prospects i would imagine a LOT more adverts like scoobynet etc, as with any business they will want to maximise potential income, which you cant blame them. So i think long term future may a bit dodgy

With regards to the Ł10 membership, did Pet not actually offer a "special" deal a few weeks before Stu mentioned it would be perminatley reduced to Ł10? and thats maybe why some people feel grieved?
Old 30-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by st3v3
Guys i'll try and stay focused here,ill also try and say what i feel and is my own opinion of coarse.

Ok this site has grown and had to be worth some money,how much i dont care,the fact that it had xxxxx members made it worth something now this site was pet's and stu's baby and no one elses,IF they decide to sell it, isn't that up to them,they are business people after all ??
They? Them? I think you mean, He and Him, I mean, Stu never even knew it was being sold. I think that is what has upset alot of people.

Benni.
Old 30-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Originally Posted by Kev.H
sod all the PF shit I hope Julians wife and child make a full and speedy recovery
Best post so far!
Old 30-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Homer.
9500RPM torqueless wonder

I dont see why people have an issue if stu and pet do make money from passion ford how many people on here started somthing as a hobby and have ended up making money out of it? If my gold member ship buys stu a pint then I am completely happy with that.
Old 30-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Robski

Stu has already stated he has no reason to disbelieve what Julien has told him....
If i thought Julien had pulled a fast one i would tell you all straight and I dont. Its as simple as that
So why are you stirring up things with like "does anyone trust Pet?" and that you "think something stinks"?
Thats MY opinoin woman!! and thats MY right!!...and i'm not stirring ANYTHING up....this is a FORUM afterall and i can view MY opinions!...My God,some of you guys have s**t in your eyes.....can't you see the truth infront of your eyes ..i've seen it all before in other avenues of businesses....someones made a quick buck and done a runner! But you can think what you like,lets see what you say in like,3 months....
Old 30-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
Lynn,

On the contrary, I have read the post.

Shame - For having an opinion, Why ?
You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

Why would a large company like IB claim they have bought it when
nothing has been signed ?, They wouldnt is my answer.
It would be a legal minefield that could go either way if either side
decided to change the terms of any unsigned deal.

Stu is far from happy despite putting a brave face on it all.
Its a huge kick in the bollocks for all his efforts.

Again all my opinion and if its wrong I will stand corrected.
someone else who can see through the dog shit!!!....i seriously think some people in here CAN'T read between the lines!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
Originally Posted by st3v3

They? Them? I think you mean, He and Him, I mean, Stu never even knew it was being sold. I think that is what has upset alot of people.

Benni.
yeah ok i stand corrected,now back in to the muppet room with you
Old 01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jhw
Originally Posted by Big G
It was the same when Harry Ramsdens bought our chippy, nearly murders over whether they were getting rid of the haddock and gonna start using wooden forks
My sides
The shit really hit the fan when some greek dude called George turned up and started selling Doner Kebab's, the natives were not happy
Old 15-12-2007, 09:43 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i think the best thing to do is give me the money and then i'll sell it on to the americano's

why not? i'm with the rest of them here who say they have the right to express an onion

or at least let's stop bickering until we find out who hacked the site first and then turn our attentions on forming the lynch mob and chasing that scoundrel out of town for good on a mule eh
Old 15-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by dojj

i'm with the rest of them here who say they have the right to express an onion
Old 15-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stu i think some people feel disapointed as we feel we was donating to keep the site open,, everyone pulling there weight and getting a site in return

a bit like if you and a few others was to help donate parts/labour ect to a car project as a pass time of people with the same ideas to see what happens,, then the person with the project sells it for a large profit,,, he has the right to do so but the people how thought they was HELPING and using it as a hobby new in the end the bloke would sell on for a profit when before people was involved he was just a man with a idea in a shed,,, would you have helped then ?

PERSONALLY i dontated to this site first time cause i enjoyed the site and wanted to stay in touch with people and meet new people,,,, it was NEVER said that this would be sold on,,, now the last time i paied it was cause i never paied for a while as i never had a paypal account but i made one and paied cause i use the site alot and wanted to give back what i could to keep it going and give pet a drink out of it

this site got big cause of its members,,, nothing else remember that !

if it wasnt for RSOC going down this site would be just like the other sites,, a ghost town

pet got a large comunity trasfer over that was holmeless, set up a site to help us, asked us to help himpay for it as he was being financially loosing in it by doing so and we all did

he sells to a big company is WRONG morrally,, dont give a crap about rights ect,,,, this site was made of its members,, WE have been sold even though we was paying to be here

PERSONALLY the site should have been offered to the members if he wanted to sell out,,, not sold on to a big money making corperation

when this is PROVED to be true i will be leaving here,, i dont want my recreation to be part of a advertising campain,,, they done fuck all to get this site but pull up the money when it was big and buy it, the owner then agreed and fucked us over IMO

stu i KNOW you dont feel the way you claim to,, how can you as when you FIRST heard about it you never said " fair play pet,,,, ive left admin but glad hes made a few quid for it"

you was just as anoyed if not MORE

long post but i dont care,,,, a bloke who became big by accident forgot how he got there and sold hes soul for some cash

id rather be poor than do this to anyone,, maybe thats why i aint rich,,, but at least i know i dont have to justify my actions to people i just meet if i tell them abotu things ive done to get rich
Old 15-12-2007, 12:04 PM
dojj

Redkop
it's in the sig

Originally Posted by Ginge !
PERSONALLY the site should have been offered to the members if he wanted to sell out,,, not sold on to a big money making corperation

when this is PROVED to be true i will be leaving here,, i dont want my recreation to be part of a advertising campain,,, they done fuck all to get this site but pull up the money when it was big and buy it, the owner then agreed and fucked us over IMO
where would we get our daily fix if ginge posts then

thing is, if people stay away then pf is doomed
i browse other forums and post a bit too, but pf has and i think always will be the main forum i use because of the ammount of peole who post here

mind you, in saying that, interford was just the same until everyone left for some reason or another
Old 15-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

doji personally i feel as i dontated to the site to keep it going and there was never any talk of this being a actual BUSINESS but more a comunity,,, if my flats where sold cause i bought the lease to be here i would like to have been informed about it,,,, would have hated to find out its been sold

if i sold my car to a mate,, he sold it 2 weeks later for twice what i paied for it even though i sold him it cause he wanted a car to use i would also be anoyed

this site was never a business,, now it is

this site was made by its members,,,,, theres sites out there to visit,,, voting with you feet is a option

i know o WONT be using this site as much and i deffo would like my 10 quid i paied back tome that was given for the WRONG reasons as when i paied i was told it was to helppet run the site,,, NOT help pet sellthe site for more finiancial worth

10 quid dont bother me btw,,, if it was 50p i would still wish for it back from a MORAL standing due to me having tp set up a paypal account when i got ripped off on there JUST to pay the 10 quid due to wanting to give pet a drink for him hosing the site
Old 15-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Alex85

Theres some fucking bollocks being posted in this thread isnt there

Congratulations to Stu and Pet if they make a killing on it, such is life, 15 years ago if you bought a couple of Ł5k run down houses, you'd now be making a fortune. If you own something and somebody wants to buy it, and they then offer you a fortune for it... why would you ever say no???

Money makes the world go round, everybody wants it and everybody needs it, nobody is going to turn around and turn an offer like that down just because a few utter cunts on an internet site see their arses.

If the company you have your mortgage with decides they want to sell up to a bigger company then guess what, you've not got a fucking choice, get on with your lives and stop fucking moaning.

Good luck with everything, hope you've both made a fortune, at the end of the day it could have gone tits up from the beginning and lost whoever originally donated the gear to start the website some money.

Business is business.

Twats

Old 15-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by dojj

i'm with the rest of them here who say they have the right to express an onion

Sounds painfull.
Old 15-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Default Re: PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...

What do they gain?
They are very good with advertising and will likely re-arrange some of the google ads to be more nicely integrated with the site so as to generate revenue that way and start to recoup their investment. For anyone interested in another webmasters view of their running of a similar forum after purchase, read HERE
Has anybody bothered to read the link Stu gave above? Going by some of the replies on this thread.... somehow, I don't think so!

The link to ScoobyNet shows Simon's [webmaster] view of his sale of SN and also a couple of replies from the new admin/webmaster from Inter Brands.

Chrissake... give Stu a break from having to repeatedly explain things. He has told all he knows, accept it and wish him and Pet well.
To be fair Lynne, Simon has only recently sold Scoobynet. And maybe cynically I would wait 6 months to a year before deciding if the sale was actually better for a community.

As for ths History of the site. Like many Ive been here since May 03. (Bar a banning or 2 ) Like many when RSOC closed (for what seemed indefinetly) around the same time. Stu blanket bombed every other car website announcing PassionFord. I, for example, read a post on TurboSport. Im not sure that is the same as building or creating the website though. Thats just PR which Stu did very effectively.

Now the controversial part. Petrucci has for the most part not been on this site. 6K posts in 5 years isnt very many for the owner. Compared to Stu's 33K so its fairly obvious whose been on here and doing most of the work. Also as many have said repeatedly, the Critical Errors have never really been fixed to everyone's satisfaction. Despite the introduction of Gold Member. Thats one of the 2 reasons I've never signed up. (the other being I've not sold anything since Early 04)

For Julien to make money from the sale is of course his right. I don't expect to know if Stu got anything out of the sale. I suspect not. However, the timing of all this is curious. Stu mentions recently that he's stepping down as a Admin to concentrate on his business. But then within X weeks has helped develop/promote AFF.

It looks like although the sale had been mooted (if not decided) privately before, and it was the idea that encouraged Stu to step down.

Which leads me nicely to another point. The users. Its we that are PassionFord. WIthout us the site would be exactly the same as it was before May 2003. i.e. Nobody! Internet Brands (IB) have bought this site hoping to get a slice of the UK Ford scene. If one of the main admins leaves and encourages other users to follow that seems a bit dubious. I'd have to think that Petrucci would loose out if the site virtually came to a halt, which adds a little fire to the conspiracy that Stu and Petrucci have fallen out over this (or another) issue.

As for Nath, I dont always agree with his posts/comments. But I cant believe he's been banned for those posts earlier. Maybe put a little agresssively, but still.

Ramble over
Old 15-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i never agree with rich but i agree there apart from if he thinks stu was aware of it,,,,, i dont belive he did as he stepped down from admin LONG LONG ago but no fucker noticed !

he told me back either the liverpool piss up im sure if not then central day pissup ( though i dont recall him being at central day,,, was a little pissed that night )
Old 16-12-2007, 10:19 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Ginge !
doji personally i feel as i dontated to the site to keep it going and there was never any talk of this being a actual BUSINESS but more a comunity,,, if my flats where sold cause i bought the lease to be here i would like to have been informed about it,,,, would have hated to find out its been sold

if i sold my car to a mate,, he sold it 2 weeks later for twice what i paied for it even though i sold him it cause he wanted a car to use i would also be anoyed

this site was never a business,, now it is

this site was made by its members,,,,, theres sites out there to visit,,, voting with you feet is a option

i know o WONT be using this site as much and i deffo would like my 10 quid i paied back tome that was given for the WRONG reasons as when i paied i was told it was to helppet run the site,,, NOT help pet sellthe site for more finiancial worth

10 quid dont bother me btw,,, if it was 50p i would still wish for it back from a MORAL standing due to me having tp set up a paypal account when i got ripped off on there JUST to pay the 10 quid due to wanting to give pet a drink for him hosing the site
i think that most of us feel the same way, the money we paid to become goldmembers was a way to distingish ourselves from those who hadn't donated towards the cost of pf, and we were rewarded with entry to other sections of the forum

the problem is that the "sale" is not due to proced until january, so until then, pet has no way to tell us what's going on and we are all sitting here frog bashing without actually knowing whats going to happen

IF the scenario that plays out is that pet has sold the site and the new owners continue to carry on and charge us memberhsip in exchange for the discounts etc that we get then fine

but if it ends up being radically different and "americanised" i think that's going to put a lot of users off and this place will die a death

everyone seems to be going on about how stu did this and stu did that, and i'm sure he'll be the first to modestly accept the praise but the bottom line is that pet provided the service platform and o will reap the benifits if it gets sold off

after that, it's up to him to decide what goes on and we should not be rash in making decisions we may regret in a few months time

on the conspiracy side of things:

the critial error problem was being addressed, then nothing happened as no one went over there, then stu said "fuck this shit" and stepped down, then there was the reduction in the membership fee at some point along the way, and then, all of a sudden, stu starts his own forum which looks remmarkablly like the advanced trial setup for pf

so either stu was gleaning info from pet in order to set himself up and sever all ties with pet and pf or he's thought "well, no fuckers going to come over here so i might as wll use it"

long distance relationship don't always work, and i hope this hasn't fallen foul of the no comunication side of things, but whatever happens, until pet breaks the silence on what's happened i cannot forsee a sucessful resolution to the problem

there will be no mediation if stu and pet have ahd a tiff and decided they no longer want to work together as everyone will have jumped ship and gone to other forums and that would be a shame for us, the innocent members of pf

i for one will still continue to post here for as long as i can
Old 16-12-2007, 10:56 AM
gkandr4ch

I have read the 5 pages of comments. I haven't been here long and I enjoy using the site. Have now hesitated in joining for the mo. There are some really funny people on here.
Other non car sites I have been on have been taken over and have gone to pot, but this may not necessarily mean the same here.
I truly believe a car site as good as this should be run by dedicated member car enthusiasts.
Would another option have been to see if members of the club would have been willing to pay for a share each in keeping the site member owned???
Old 16-12-2007, 06:03 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by gkandr4ch
I have read the 5 pages of comments. I haven't been here long and I enjoy using the site. Have now hesitated in joining for the mo. There are some really funny people on here.
Other non car sites I have been on have been taken over and have gone to pot, but this may not necessarily mean the same here.
I truly believe a car site as good as this should be run by dedicated member car enthusiasts.
Would another option have been to see if members of the club would have been willing to pay for a share each in keeping the site member owned???
don't give them any ideas, they'll be turning comunist sooner rather than later
Old 16-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

doji comunism is generally a good thing,,,,, it stops gross poverty that some people go through, down side is most comunist countrys are riddled with wrong doings on the behalf of the people in charge

cuba has one of the best health services in the world and would be doing alot better if the states never fucked them over for fighting back

capitalism also works,,,, like here is sort of works but its going a little bit like dictators in charge,,, but we aint doing that bad IMO
Old 16-12-2007, 06:29 PM
dojj

but then we'd have an animal farn style of dictatorship
with certain members thinking that because they would consider themselves more equal than other members

Quick Reply: PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...