General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by Kevin Sharp

Fooking Jeep in your avatar sank trying to carry your ebay spoiler sale withdrawals across the scottish rivers to the bank.
PMSL
Old 28-11-2007, 10:27 PM
capri280
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default stu

Having watched over the last two years and partook in the activities of passion ford and having met stu in person for the first time about a year ago and then in late summer when i finally got my car over to msd to set up.

I wish stu all the best in the future and understand that sometimes hard decisions have to be made.he has made his decision to leave his role in passion ford and to become one of the plebs i welcome you to our ranks

with regards to the sale of passion ford i have no real problem with that either in that

1. i am not aware of the business end of passion ford and therefore should have no in put to the decision to sell or not
2 as a gold subscriber all we have paid for is full accecss to that site that is run by others.if they decide to sell that is really their business
3 with regard to stu and petru or julian that is a mater for them to discuss and really none of our business unless one of them feels that we should know .

Even pf has been sold as stu said nothing will change much.Why would a new owner change it unless it was to improve it it will only add thing that it feels will add to the site .Even if there is big changes we can still all decide if we want to join or not

It seems that some people think just because the pay 20.00 membership for a year that all of a sudden they should decide the future when the likes of stu have had it 24 7 all year around
Old 28-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Robski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Drained of taking personal abuse for something that has nothing to do with me anyway. And If i did sell it, or even when pet does sell it what the fook is it to do with anyone else anyway?

Like you say, business is business and Pet, or me for that matter, dont owe anybody anything.
:
Too right, if pet made millions good luck to him Had this sorta shit with a sparkie the other day trying it on, trying to charge me more cos it was an insurance job......'' your making loads its an insurance job''.....Erm, its got fuck all to do with you what we make Tore his invoice up and told him to rethink and resend
off topic but lee,is your car finished now?...i just saw your sig?
Old 28-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fair play to Pet for selling it, I know I would sell it too if I was offered good money for it!

Thing is though, in the long run, I dont see how there cannot be a change of some sort. The company that brought it did so for one reason: to make money.
Now, if it was making good money as it is at the moment, Im sure Pet would of kept it?
So using that logic, surely there has to be changes somewhere for the new owners to make money from it?
Old 28-11-2007, 10:44 PM
timster

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally don't care if the site gets sold off,Just think how many of your cars would be running like a bag of shit or other problems you could share with others if stu hadn't come up with this website?of course he gets business off here but all I've read is very good things about himself and the service he provides so cut the guy some slack
Old 28-11-2007, 10:57 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu, good luck for the future mate, I hope everything is well.
Pet, So what if you did sell up, I wish you the best of luck and I hope your family is well.
James
ps, how much was it sold for lol
Old 28-11-2007, 11:07 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Cant beleive people are giving Stu shit about this situation

As stated, anyone who has met Stu will know he's a stand up guy to sayt he least.
Old 28-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Kin ellll,

If Pet and/or Stu sell up and make SOMETHING from this place then fair play, because it wont be enough to compensate for the abuse on the previous page.

Yeh its a shame that it wont be owned by enthusiasts, but it will still be run by enthusiasts, as said 'Nothing Will Change'.

It was the same when Harry Ramsdens bought our chippy, nearly murders over whether they were getting rid of the haddock and gonna start using wooden forks
Old 28-11-2007, 11:18 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G
It was the same when Harry Ramsdens bought our chippy, nearly murders over whether they were getting rid of the haddock and gonna start using wooden forks
My sides
Old 28-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Robski
O.K offering £10 Gold membership this month was wrong IMO
Erm... why.. would people prefer to pay £20 from now on?

What am i missing?
Old 28-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

we will still post on here anyway, as its a good site with a lot of good info

so who cares...
Old 29-11-2007, 07:46 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont see what the fuss is all about ?

anyone would think you were selling there houses from underthem

Its the internet folks!!!

Thanks for letting us know Stu, couldnt have been easy esp not knowing 100% whats what yourself
Old 29-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...MY POST STANDS.

Sorry stu,and i do consider you a mate off line...but online this stinks...very dissapointed and i am only saying what most wont..those who did back my statement..one is now banned...plus you said youd ban me for life...how?Thought you had nothing to do with this place now and its being sold?

I can see the future,and everything costs treble....and everyone fucks off to another ford forum and this place becomes how it was before stu and pet.

Thats what makes it a sad statement Stu,see it from the other viewpoint
Old 29-11-2007, 08:31 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

aslong as nothing changes for the worse,,,, i couldnt give a fuck who owns this site!

i would love to see stu get a nice cut from the sale, as i do feel hes banged alot of hours into it

and i wish pet and family all the best
Old 29-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
...MY POST STANDS.

I can see the future,and everything costs treble....and everyone fucks off to another ford forum and this place becomes how it was before stu and pet.

When making such a statement have you reviewed the other community sites in internet brands portfolio or emailed the moderators of a site to see what changes they have experienced since purchase, or viewed the forums.

Untill you have evidence of what you state, the other viewpoint you present is nothing more than concern and speculation
Old 29-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Haven't read all the replies but nice to see everything has been sorted out as PF has brought a lot of people together & think we've all made great friends along the way.

BUT more to the point....best wished to Pet & his family. Lets hope for a speedy recovery on the there new born baby.
Old 29-11-2007, 08:46 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

If the sites improved by the sale will you still be moaning in 3 months time????
i doubt it very much.

And for the poeple slaggin off Stu and thinkin he has ripped people off. Havin met Stu a few times i know he would never do that to anyone. Hes a proper honest guy and a good guy to know. some people on here are pathetic

Btw Phil - You have once again cemeted peoples claims that you are a class A CUNT

I wish Pets baby and wife all the best and hope they have a speedy recovery.
Old 29-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Default Re: PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...

What do they gain?
They are very good with advertising and will likely re-arrange some of the google ads to be more nicely integrated with the site so as to generate revenue that way and start to recoup their investment. For anyone interested in another webmasters view of their running of a similar forum after purchase, read HERE
Has anybody bothered to read the link Stu gave above? Going by some of the replies on this thread.... somehow, I don't think so!

The link to ScoobyNet shows Simon's [webmaster] view of his sale of SN and also a couple of replies from the new admin/webmaster from Inter Brands.

Chrissake... give Stu a break from having to repeatedly explain things. He has told all he knows, accept it and wish him and Pet well.
Old 29-11-2007, 09:09 AM
MattyRST
Advanced PassionFord User

Thank you stu for telling us what you now know, at the end of the day i paid £20 to view different areas of this site of which im happy about

Yes sometimes i feel i didnt need to get as many critical errors that i have had for my 20 quid, but hey ho thats life nothing is perfect is it ? If the yanks can provide us a better service ie the site running faster and no critical erorrs whats the problem ?

And reguarding the site being sold, has anyone bought or made something and sold it for a profit ??? I for one dont see the need to break stu balls over it, i have never meet stu but i think he is a honest bloke from what he writes and what people have told me about him.

Just my 2pence worth.............
Old 29-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Have just been looking at the thread Stu linked to on Scoobynet, and cant help but notice there are adverts all over the fucking place.
I hope this isnt a sign of things to come?

Massive Google ads box at the top of the main forum page, big one down the right hand side, big Google ads box (sometimes 2) in every thread you look at

It just makes the place look like one of those shit free hosted forums with an advert on every other line...
Old 29-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by Martyn
Have just been looking at the thread Stu linked to on Scoobynet, and cant help but notice there are adverts all over the fucking place.
I hope this isnt a sign of things to come?

Massive Google ads box at the top of the main forum page, big one down the right hand side, big Google ads box (sometimes 2) in every thread you look at

It just makes the place look like one of those shit free hosted forums with an advert on every other line...
If you're logged in on there, all you have is a narrow band of a Google ad on the rhs of the page.
Old 29-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Doesnt look too impressive for potential members/visitors that havent joined up though?
If I went to a forum and saw shit loads of adverts all over it I would be put off TBH.
Old 29-11-2007, 11:27 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Martyn,

Scoobynet went like that years ago. Nothing to do with the takeover.

As for people shouting "scam/rip-off" etc, someone help me out. I consider myself fairly well educated, and with a reasonable amount of common sense.

A scam or rip-off is when one person initiates an action that leaves another party either facing a financial shortfall, or finding themselves personally out of pocket for goods or services not delivered.

How exactly has that happened here? If someone can show me that, then I'd be very happy to listen to that explanation.

As for Nath, very surprising behaviour! One of the longest members of Ford forums over the past 10/15 years.....
Old 29-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Martyn,

Scoobynet went like that years ago. Nothing to do with the takeover.
Fair enough then, thats why I asked if it was a sign of things to come...
Still looks shite though lol
Old 29-11-2007, 05:30 PM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...MY POST STANDS.

Sorry stu,and i do consider you a mate off line...but online this stinks...very dissapointed and i am only saying what most wont..those who did back my statement..one is now banned...plus you said youd ban me for life...how?Thought you had nothing to do with this place now and its being sold?

so your saying you are a keyboard warrior then? willing to argue online,but not off line

fooking poof
Old 29-11-2007, 05:34 PM
MattyRST

Originally Posted by JTECHSAFF
...MY POST STANDS.

so your saying you are a keyboard warrior then? willing to argue online,but not off line

fooking poof
Old 29-11-2007, 05:51 PM
TheBishMan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...

Be terminated as of Midnight on December 31st 2007.

This action will include all members, be they gold or not. The new owners are moving the site over to america and it will be re organised and full of mustangs etc. They are not at all interested in the comparitively tiny Uk domestic market.

There is nothing i can do about it chaps, i didnt know anything about this until today and i had already stepped down as admin when i found out, although i am kind of glad i jumped before i was pushed.

Really Sorry people...

Hook, Line and Sinker!!
Old 29-11-2007, 05:57 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Unless you live your life around passionford, its very difficult to keep up with everything thats going on.
Old 29-11-2007, 06:12 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Hmmmm Very intresting read that!!!

Suppose its a case of lets see wat happens as no one really nows really.

Any one heard about tom tom sat navs, been called back to the factory,,,,,, They carnt find england in europe lolololololololololololol.

Sorry Had to,, even though im england fan think its funny.

Best wishes to petrucci!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29-11-2007, 06:22 PM
daveselwood

Default sold

i hope stu and the other fella do well out of the sale cos it sounds like a lot of time and effort has gone into making this site what it is today,as for all the petty arguments i enjoy reading them,anyway if it goes tits up im sure youll find another site to post on :top:
Old 29-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Westy
I personally think its a shame that the site is going down this route...

I joined this site for its Ford community... the fact that it was owned/run by Ford enthusiasts was certainly a good reason..

The fact it will now be owned by some yanks who have no interest in the Ford marque is a shame really.. just want the £££££'s.. Plus side, no more critical errors Im gonna miss them

So as to gold membership.. Now that the contribution wont be required, as afterall, it was was a donation to help costs for hosting the site etc.. do members get there money refunded? The whole Gold member thing being omitted I take it?

I also personally think that you STU, must be entitled to some of the monies that Pet will be recieving as without you, this site would have just 3 members, like how it was whilst the RSOC BB was running...!!!

p.s.. just had shit loads of Critical Errors
any chance for some answers to the questions... Im interested

MERCI
Old 29-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Fagin

People with far too much time (and not enough intelligence) always assume the worse!
Old 29-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hopefully it will all be for the best.

Like i've said off the board, if it all goes tits up, everyone simply moves to another board and so on ...... just like we all came here from rsocbb.

Well done pet for making the money, obviously you put up the cash to set this place up, so why the hell not make a few quid out of it. And with all due respect, someone said stu made what this board is today. Think about what you said, its actually the members who made it what it is, stu just did bits in the back ground to keep it working (yes of course it was out of the goodness of his heart) without the members it wouldnt be here.Some being on here the minute they got to work - off it to get home, then back on once they were home for the evening. So does that mean members are entitled to some kind of cut??? No one except Pet is "ENTITLED" to the money (unless of course stu or anyone else for that matter did put money into it for the same reason as pet - then hell yes, they are entitled to a cut and i'd fully back them)

I say bring on the big boys, have this site running quickly and alot less personal (ie no friends in positions of power backing each other up just because thay have to as friends). So what if there are a few ad's. How many of us really take notice of ad's now days. We become blind to them - hell i've only just noticed the one at the bottom of this page

Godo luck Pet, Good luck stu, good luck to all members who stay. And if it does go down, we will all see each other at meets/shows and 110% assured that we will talk on anotehr website at some point
Old 29-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I've just read this whole topic now and to be honest I just feel disappointed.
In theory nothing will change, maybe, but it just feels like the true spirit of the site will be lost. Owned by a faceless foreign enterprise.

And I think banning Nath was out of fucking order, he's only saying what a lot of paid up Gold members think.

And, finally, if this site goes into advertising meltdown where do I apply for my refund, seeing as I'm paid up 'till 2009.

Oh, and just to be on the safe side, I'd better add a few of these....
Old 29-11-2007, 08:10 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

I thinks Stu's LATEST reply to these current issues says it all.....

Or will this post get deleted too....
Old 29-11-2007, 08:11 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Bring back BANCHESTER!!!

Thats my vote for a new person to run the forum
Old 29-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jabba
In theory nothing will change, maybe, but it just feels like the true spirit of the site will be lost. Owned by a faceless foreign enterprise.
with all due respect I cant see this happening. Afterall, all the same members will be here talking about all the same things, its just that it will be owned by someone different.

Its not like they are going to come on here and tell everyone to stop talking european ford and start talking american ford.

And if they do, as i've said before, we'll all move to another forum and talk about what we want to talk about
Old 29-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Drained of taking personal abuse for something that has nothing to do with me anyway. And If i did sell it, or even when pet does sell it what the fook is it to do with anyone else anyway?

Stu,

First of all in case you take anything the wrong way I think your one of the most nicest honest people I have met in the car world. Not a cunt in my book, but a top punter !

Now back to whats happened...

PassionFord started due to the embarrassment I caused the RSOC all those years ago - still makes me laugh!!

Pet donated some hardware, bandwidth and some time. Due to the type of business he is running I suspect in real money terms it cost him fuck all but was still a very nice jesture ! But lets not forgot the free work and parts you gave him in return !

But the person who really ran/advertised PassionFord was you and I suspect most people think of you as the founder and the owner as you made PassionFord the beast it become. Without you there would have been no PassionFord and without you it would never be what it is.

Also there there is the free time and effort other people have put into the site - the mods. Without the mods this site would have gone off the rails at a rate of knots but these people past (not counting Spadge!lol ) and present have put there free time and effort into this. The main reason these people took the job was for you. Also the the whole gold membership fee was only successful because you were at the helm. Your everyone's friend and people trust you will not shaft them.

So do I think you have gained anything directly financial from PassionFord - no. Indirectly by lifting your own person and business profile, yes and you deserve 10 fold whatever it has given you !

If anyone should be selling PassionFord and making some cash its you Stu. If Pet is a decent man then I reckon he owes you at least 75% of the sale but my guess it that there is no money for you - hopefully your tell us different.

The other thing that is very very wrong is the taking and drumming up of the Gold membership recently after this deal had started to take shape. Thats just very wrong any money taken afterwards should be returned as it looks like there will be no payment required from the end of the year. Will I be considered a cunt to ask where that money gone ?

So to sum up Stu I think your the one being shafted and I would seeking legal advice about all of it to see if you can legally stake some kind of claim on PassionFord.

Dan
Old 29-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Racey
Originally Posted by jabba
with all due respect I cant see this happening. Afterall, all the same members will be here talking about all the same things, its just that it will be owned by someone different.

Its not like they are going to come on here and tell everyone to stop talking european ford and start talking american ford.

And if they do, as i've said before, we'll all move to another forum and talk about what we want to talk about

I know what you're saying, it's just a shame it's going this way.

If you promise to do another calender shoot it'll help with the pain.

Old 29-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by Robski
O.K offering £10 Gold membership this month was wrong IMO
Erm... why.. would people prefer to pay £20 from now on?

What am i missing?
Maybe im missing the point BUT those Gold payments were to keep this place running as it was run by enthusuiasts at no profit...hence why we were asked(if we wanted to) to help cover the costs of running such a site.
Which was fine.
Now this site has been sold off to a successfull and rich internet firm,who will make money out of adverts etc(i mean they arn't doing this for fun)so why are we helping them out over costs of running this place?

Infact i guess that the latest £10 Gold membership offer,which i think was offered AFTER this place had been sold,went straight in Pets Paypal account and won't be used on this site...so pet got a nice sum for this site and X amount of £10 subscriptions after he had already sold this place!To me that doesn't sound fair does it?

But like i said,maybe i've read things wrong.....

Quick Reply: PassionFord has been sold and your memberships are to...