General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Our Tax paying for Child benift in Poland?

Search this Thread

Old 20-11-2007, 01:11 PM
-J-
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our Tax paying for Child benift in Poland?

Nothing against Kids having what they need to survive in what ever country they come from, but why is the UK Paying child support to family's in Poland when we have enough of our own issues in the UK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

(No idea if its a Re-post )
Old 20-11-2007, 01:13 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its just 1 more reason for all the true original paying brits to pack ther shit & move abroad
Old 20-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Cozzie Bhoy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Same in Ireland, Migrant workers here can claim benefits and send it back to they're family's at home. And the government tell us they're good for the economy!!
Old 20-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

WHO'S tax??

The liberal Daily Mail gives another unbiased report on the state of this country

These people that come to this country to do jobs that we seem too good for [if you ever get man flu, watch jeremey kyle, I don't think his guests are particularly unique in this country ], pay money into our tax system to pay for OUR unemployed scroungers, are taking around £1million in total?

Fair fucking play to them!

do you know what proportion of Income Tax goes towards benefits? IT DOESN'T COVER IT.

£1million a month to ensure these jobs get done by people that seem willing to work?

Sounds cheap to me.

When did you ever see a Polish/Eastern Block person in this country that didn't have at least one job?

Let's not forget about say... the rich British people living in Tax exile on the Isle of Man or fucking off abroad and paying taxes there instead... forget about those that go to Dubai or other Middle Eastern countries where there is REAL poverty and don't pay ANY taxes into their systems...

[rant over]

Old 20-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

note to self, must leave this country
Old 20-11-2007, 02:04 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

I didn't realise how much you can earn and still be able to claim child tax credit, at £38k a year I wouldn't have thought you could claim, but apparently the threshold is even higher than that (£58k?)

Of course they going to sign up for whatever handouts they can get - wouldn't you?!
I certainly wouldn't say life here is rosey for immigrants, I am sure one working here was living in a garage, some of them aren't on the breadline but paying for a way of life they wouldn't otherwise have - like two laptops and sending their kids to uni.

Now I totally agree with the new government initiative at lazy Brits using all sorts of rediculous 'medical' excuses not to work

Z
Old 20-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Paddy
Legend

Originally Posted by Cawood
note to self, must leave this country
I don't blame you. It's cold and horrid here.

But I bet you your airfare you can't find a country that the British haven't fucked over at some point in History.
Old 20-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

We are a soft touch, too soft which ever way you put it. Thats why so many people want to come and take advantage.
Old 20-11-2007, 02:16 PM
James Dean
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

yesterday on the news it said £4.4million is spent per year on incapacity benefit for people who are too FAT to go to work

and this was the best one 50 people are claiming it for acne
Old 20-11-2007, 02:17 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Paddy
WHO'S tax??

The liberal Daily Mail gives another unbiased report on the state of this country

These people that come to this country to do jobs that we seem too good for [if you ever get man flu, watch jeremey kyle, I don't think his guests are particularly unique in this country ], pay money into our tax system to pay for OUR unemployed scroungers, are taking around £1million in total?

Fair fucking play to them!

do you know what proportion of Income Tax goes towards benefits? IT DOESN'T COVER IT.

£1million a month to ensure these jobs get done by people that seem willing to work?

Sounds cheap to me.

When did you ever see a Polish/Eastern Block person in this country that didn't have at least one job?

Let's not forget about say... the rich British people living in Tax exile on the Isle of Man or fucking off abroad and paying taxes there instead... forget about those that go to Dubai or other Middle Eastern countries where there is REAL poverty and don't pay ANY taxes into their systems...

[rant over]

You forgot Jersey oh and we do pay tax there is no such thing as a tax haven in the channel islands now

Mike
Old 20-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Paddy
Legend

Originally Posted by Captain Mike
You forgot Jersey oh and we do pay tax there is no such thing as a tax haven in the channel islands now

Mike
Where did I say there was a Tax haven in the channel Islands?

As far as my Geographical knowledge stretches... the Isle of Man is in the Irish Sea
Old 20-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

if you worked had and were fortunate enough to be in the higher 40% tax bracket i bet we would all try and go to jersey where tax is 20% and no vat
you are victimised in this country for being successful.
why should you pay a higher percentage just cos you work your nuts off tax is a percentage of what you earn so the more you earn the more the tax man gets why does he feel the need to charge you more when you are already paying more .20% of nothing is nothing 20% of 100k is alot more
bring back robin and his merry men oh they are here they are known as the government lol
a famous quote from the 1800's " there are only two things guaranteed in life death and taxes "