General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ghosts.... Who believes in them ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Adam_BlackRS
Ex Ford Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghosts.... Who believes in them ???

Today has been a weird day for me....

Firstly, was round my other halfs brothers place and was in the loo when there was knock at the door.... I said "I'm in here" and then there was a knock again so i said "Gem (my other half), is that you ?"... no answer... Knock again and someone or something tried the door handle. So i went and opened it only to find no one there. Everyone was accounted for downstairs.... little spooked.

Now i'm at work... alone in the office and i'm 1 of 2 people in the building. All i can hear out side in the hall way is knocks and bangs but as soon as i go out there, it stops... Even if i wait around, nothing happens but as soon as i come back in, it starts again.

Getting proper freaked out
Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Gaz 88
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont look behind you
Old 12-11-2007, 12:06 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

some one fooking about you think.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paranoid
Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think you've watched one too many episodes of 'Most Haunted'

Not even Yvette gets that sort of thing going on !
Old 12-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Adam_BlackRS
Ex Ford Man

The knocking and thumps are getting on my tits
Old 12-11-2007, 01:23 AM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

set ur phone up to record in the hall way then walk back in the other room then see if the knocks happen ur have it on cam?

Trending Topics

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate shit like that happens all the time.
I'm not really in to all that but what i've experienced, literaly most of my life i must admit i have been convinced that it is real.
It's not just me, when me and our lass moved in together in our own flat i had not mentioned to her what i have experienced before. I've seen 'things'
For years.
She does not believe
And she woke me up the first night after been asleep for an hour that someone was in the lounge.
So i get's up and there's proper smashing sounds in there like a couple of people with bat's having fun

So i go tearing in wanting to kill some cunt and i stormed in and nothing

It happened about 3 time's that night and the only thing what we could see was an oversized piggybank was sat on it's back leg's when we walked in. I couldnt get it to balance myself. And every door in the kitchen was open the washer the unit's and the fridge.

We fucked that place off the next day after leaving at 4 in the morning.

We then moved all our gear out, literally everything and our lass checked every room before we left and so did our kid and me.
Just as i was about to shut the front door something flew across the landing, toward's the spare bedroom and i went back in to the spare bedroom which we had never even put anything into.
In the middle of the floor was a pair of our lass's sock's made into the tightest ball i've ever seen.

This was after 3 different people have checked a room that was never used
Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I beileve in ghosts,i've seen 2 in my lifetime(plus a few other experiences as well) and to be honest after the first time...they never scared me,YES they make you question yourself and your sanity and make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
But at the end of the day,you can't die from hearing a rattle or a bang on the door,yes it may freak you out...but what harm does it really do you?
Thats what makes me laugh about shows like most haunted,JUST because its an "alleged" haunted house or property ANY creak in a 500 year building with LOADS of old wood etc it MUST be a ghost communicating Those kind of shows do no good for all the paranormal accosiations etc,all they do is make the sceptics even sceptical and make millionaires out of Ex Blue Peter presenters who happen to own the production company that make these shows and sell them to UK living for millions and couldn't possibly be biased when it comes to saying if they just heard a ghost
Talking of loud bangs etc,i was at work 2 years ago on my train(tube) i had just reversed in kings Cross sidings the train was obviously empty. I then walked through the train closing every interconnecting door on my way to the other driving cab on the train. I was sittting there for around 5 minutes just waiting for a signal to clear when i heard the inter connecting doors go SLAM,SLAM,SLAM and the noise was getting closer and you know what,it wasn't scared.. i knew it wasn't normal but unless my cab door handle started rattling and opened i wasn't gonna die or shit myself i just put it down to an "experience" which has happened to a few other drivers in the past.
I guess its a reaction built into us from scarey films,stories etc that when you hear a bang or a creak you should run or shit yourself,but if you think about it rationally...theres no need to be scared

So mate yes its freaky but a few knocks on the door arn't gonna hurt you really,its slightly worse when you see a ghost for the first time though
I'm back off to bed now,i must check in my cupboard for ghosts before i do though
Old 12-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

I do believe in some kind of paranormal things that go on. having watched Ghosthunters (stuff most haunted its a load of shoite. GH go about trying to disprove what people have seen/heard)

Also, have done an investigation myself, me and the ex did one at Peterborough Museum (which has loads of history as a WW2 Hospital, an old house and now all the exhibits) and it was awesome.

You hear steps coming from all different rooms. "Intelligent" cold spots (those that move with a "purpose" one followed me when I was walking around down at the bottom of the staircase there, and our group leader at the time who was "sensitive" said he thought I was being followed.

Never seen an apparition myself, but I do think that there is too much evidence to suggest that these kind of things do exist.

Whether they are actual "hauntings" or just, "remembered energy" is something Im not too sure on.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Is it a question of "belief", or is more a case of some peoples sight/hearing having slightly greater range of frequencies than others?

Ie, we can't "see" infra red with our own eyes, but it's there.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd love to believe!

Although I've never seen or experienced anything that would remove all possible doubt in my own mind.

It's very interesting to read through peoples experiences for me though and I have to admit I love Most Haunted as an entertainment programme! I'd rather watch that than some phone vote for your favourite celebrity [or someone desperately wanting to BE a celebrity] to dance/skate/escape/die... load of rubbish.

I have to agree as above, we're kind of "programmed" to find these things scary. I would LOVE to go on a proper ghost hunt but I am a big fucking homo and would probably leave after 5 minutes.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen one
Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 AM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

When i was 18 i worked for a large chain of wine/off licence type shop called Bottoms Up in Gidea Park...

I was closing one night and was sitting there with all the doors locked as i was counting the cash and singing away to the radio
As i looked up an old boy was standing there giving me the stink eye..

I said oh sorry mate we are closed i've locked you in i'll go get the keys to let you out (just one door in and out the place) so as i put the money down and look up the fella is gone?? i done a full search in the shop and nothing...

I don't really believe in ghosts or anything but that was a strange old thing lol...
Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Littlenewt2067

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
I'm not really in to all that but what i've experienced, literaly most of my life i must admit i have been convinced that it is real.
It's not just me, when me and our lass moved in together in our own flat i had not mentioned to her what i have experienced before. I've seen 'things'
For years.
She does not believe
And she woke me up the first night after been asleep for an hour that someone was in the lounge.
So i get's up and there's proper smashing sounds in there like a couple of people with bat's having fun

It happened about 3 time's that night and the only thing what we could see was an oversized piggybank was sat on it's back leg's when we walked in. I couldnt get it to balance myself. And every door in the kitchen was open the washer the unit's and the fridge.

We then moved all our gear out, literally everything and our lass checked every room before we left and so did our kid and me.
Just as i was about to shut the front door something flew across the landing, toward's the spare bedroom and i went back in to the spare bedroom which we had never even put anything into.
In the middle of the floor was a pair of our lass's sock's made into the tightest ball i've ever seen.

pack it in.......thats spooky!! that would send me to the loony bin!!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Littlenewt2067
Originally Posted by mrjenrst
For years.
She does not believe

pack it in.......thats spooky!! that would send me to the loony bin!!

that's fuck all!
got a couple of mate's who have had more shit than that!
proper shit yourself stuff
Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
lukemakepeace

i have in all fairness be REALLY let down by it all.

as everyone says 'oooo its an old place so MUST be haunted' when TBH i did think like that till this one occasion!

have heard and thought i have seen things all through my live. even as bad as a black thing run across my garden into a small plant/bust next to my pond. i had to check incase it ws hedgehog or something and there was nothing there. i definately saw it as also my mate who was next to me did, othing ran out of this plant and nothing was in it. (the plant was no bigger that 2 basket balls.)

anyway i have heard all sorts of things so near me there is an old air base (WW2) time i think. so we all go there and as you do with a fucked/burnt area with hangers that have roofs off and hospitals and general buildings that have holes in and stair cases fallen down.

any way a few of us go there expecting to see/hear something deep into these fucking huge buildings where its very limited light, we spent ages there, heard a few bangs, taps and whining but it all coud be wind, bearing in mind its on high ground.

but it fucking let me down, ws there for ages and nothing really happened. you generally get more spooked when alone and when you mind which is a very powerful tool to your sanity decided to play games.

so in my experience go to a fooking office block on your own at 1am and your more likely to experiene stuff. this is also why most haunted is gay, always old places when they also say ghosts stay around what they love etc, WELL THEY ARENT GOING TO STAY ROUND THE PLACE WHERE THEY WERE HUNG THEN ARE THEY!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:03 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Your talking shite imo. As said in the ghost thread in the muppet room the other day. Why do only humans become ghosts. Nver see anybody getting freaked out because they saw a butterfly ghost the the spirit of an ant. Or come home from work because they ran over a pheasant and saw its soul living the body
And to be fair if I was a ghost, I would nt be hanging out in an old house ffs, I would be haunting the nearest strip club
Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
lukemakepeace

Originally Posted by PT
Your talking shite imo. As said in the ghost thread in the muppet room the other day. Why do only humans become ghosts. Nver see anybody getting freaked out because they saw a butterfly ghost the the spirit of an ant. Or come home from work because they ran over a pheasant and saw its soul living the body
And to be fair if I was a ghost, I would nt be hanging out in an old house ffs, I would be haunting the nearest strip club
if you read my comment i said that but in diff words. they wont hang round on their own where they were killed. how fun.

they apparrantly stay with what they love etc.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lukemakepeace
Originally Posted by PT
if you read my comment i said that but in diff words. they wont hang round on their own where they were killed. how fun.

they apparrantly stay with what they love etc.
didnt mean you were talking shite, meant the peeps who have seen things etc. Their are a couple of replys that are far to long to read, so skipped them
Old 12-11-2007, 12:08 PM
lukemakepeace

ok
Old 12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
diamond white
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default Ghosts

Who said you dont get animal ghosts, what about the headless horseman? he has a horse ghost. And again there's a ghost story i know of with horses, not far from a town in Kent, there's a ghost story of a team of horses pulling a carrige.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok then what about dinosaur ghosts?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:47 PM
lukemakepeace

but dont you think its a piss take with ghost trains, yeah cause a bit of metal has a spirit. WTF!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM
James_RScos

Originally Posted by Paddy
I'd love to believe!

Although I've never seen or experienced anything that would remove all possible doubt in my own mind.

It's very interesting to read through peoples experiences for me though and I have to admit I love Most Haunted as an entertainment programme! I'd rather watch that than some phone vote for your favourite celebrity [or someone desperately wanting to BE a celebrity] to dance/skate/escape/die... load of rubbish.

I have to agree as above, we're kind of "programmed" to find these things scary. I would LOVE to go on a proper ghost hunt but I am a big fucking homo and would probably leave after 5 minutes.
Agreed with Paddy on this one i my self have never seen anything but would love too.

and agreed on the Most Haunted subject great TV.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:55 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you're all talking shit

i've seen plenty of ghosts, but they are always on the telly, some are friendly, some are horrible, and some are plain right nasty vicous buggers

i like casper, because he's friendly
Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
jay

i like casper, because he's friendly [/quote]

me to
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rab pakora here

Whats that sam!!! Sam sam
Old 12-11-2007, 04:54 PM
fish99

Sounds like you need............

Old 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

guys get fucking real!!
ive said it before,, but cooler people than me have died, and i know if was to die and come back as a ghost, i would nick the ball in the FA cup final,,, not just knock pots off shelfs in empty rooms or is that the only power they got

GET FUCKING REAL
Old 12-11-2007, 05:27 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

LSD

is there where you worked?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:29 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

i cant believe someone put this on the web and said look at the ghosts
Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Now then its glenn's missus! He's had me reading all this spooky stuff and had to put a post on. I've always thought that this cant be it, you live you die end of story but nothing has ever happened to me for me to be a true believer until a few months ago. Glenn had gone to work so there was only me in the house. I was asleep until i was woken by someone holding my hand. Although i was a bit freaked out by it i wasn't scared by it. I didn't tell glenn for a while cos he says i think too much as it is ha ha however i did end up telling him and needless to say he wasn't really that impressed. I've had noises in the house when i've been on my own and when i get in from work it sounds as though someone is walking about upstairs, however i know there's no one there. I went to see a clairvoyant a few weeks ago and she started talking about my granddad and uncle who had died describing them, naming them and even telling me how they died. Now she also told me about the incident where i was woke up and that it was my granddad and that i know he's in the house and i'm just to talk to him. I know some people don't believe in that sort of thing but how the hell would she know that shit? Needless to say, i'm a believer now, ruthybabes x
Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Iiiim a Believer!!!

Copied this post from Muppet room ghost thread as cant be arsed typing it all again...

Woke up startled one night in my X girlfriends house...pitch black...felt freezing cold, opened my eyes for a second, and im pretty sure someone was staring me RIGHT in the face,...right evil looking chap too as if they were lying over me, pretty much nose to nose close...I crapped it an quickly shut my eyes again never felt so weird in all my life...jus stuck my head under the covers

My sisters also seen a ghost of a woman in our old house, she was a kid and I was a baby at the time, she went through to my mums room in the middle of the night wanting into the rents bed, she walked in the room and saw a woman sitting at the bottom of the rents bed, she said she wasnt scared as the woman seemed nice, just put her finger to her lips and said "shhhh" then faded away......

Another few times been lying in bed in my own house as a kid, I remember leaving a drinking glass on a glass table we had downstairs, would be lying in bed and can hear this glass being picked up and tapped on the glass table, would do it for ages too...happened most times their was a glass left on that table at night when everyone was in bed..hear 'things' all the time like footsteps upstairs, sound of dog jumping off bed but dogs downstairs? my old dog's ghost..Gareth?

Although its impossible to explain, its not impossible that its truth Gareth!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not want to go into details as id be here for adges

but basically , brothers room, everyone out, come home aftershaves etc pilled up on top of each othe in the centre of his room ! and this is true , fact and happened in the next room as a type this.

And my little brother was proper freaked !

Freaky, im the middle house of three and within a year 2 old dears died at each side of me. only thing i could think of

makes me sick as i usually think that lots bahoolshit !!