General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

cousin ruined by drugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM
lardypants
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cousin ruined by drugs

fookin shame my good old cousin of 34 is seriously hooked on heroin, big style been in and out of rehabs, a year ago we had enough and sent him in he had got the the point were he had no were else to inject he was doing it inbetween his toes !!

got out last week froma 8 month rehab ive just learned he was in in hospital last night he died twice but they saved him, next day they let him go to walk home 5 miles !!!

fookin shame he was a awsome leadworker (rofing) never not worked since left school allwayd a grafter/earner loved his life

nothing any of us can do .... we know within 6 months bet hes dead

me and his brother even gave him a slap took him away and tried talking sence into him over a few beers they just telll you what you need to know then get straight back on the gear

so very sad i love him as blood but fuck me i could kick the crap out of him
Old 09-11-2007, 06:57 PM
MK5RST
Advanced PassionFord User

Get him and lock him up for a few months
Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the same boat, my cousin lives in Hereford, been on herion since he was about 19, been in prison a few times.

No good, I'd of NEVER expected it of him, but fair enough.

As far as I'm aware he's weening his way off it, but they always say that don't they?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This thread will bring a lot of controversy I feel.

Shame for your mate...

And before anyone says "its the parents" I have first hand proof that it isn't....

Anyone want some brothers and a sister?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Mate I know the feeling - it's just tragic..... My best friend from my school days is a junkie. Not spoke to him is a good few years as we parted our ways when I cleaned up my life and began to move on and he didn't. Hate to say it, but he was a major factor holding me back. I got clean and moved on and he didn't... Saw him a few months ago and he is a mes, down and out, no life, just about clinging to a job, spends the rest of the time high as a kite or drunk to the eyeballs, quite often both...

Absolutely breaks my heart, I left him that day in tears But I can't do anything for him. He cannot be helped unless he wants help. And from what I saw that day, he doesn't. He just wants to apportion blame elsewhere and get deeper and deeper

I can't see him anymore as I can't help him, and I can't let myself get dragged back into that (I am a weak willed person and if I get involved I will get sucked back in) and it honestly breaks my heart to think about him like this
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Tie him to a bed, lock the room and make him cold turkey!

Tis very painful and hard for him, but get all the help of the docs and other agencys!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

a shame
Old 09-11-2007, 07:08 PM
RSSaz
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

kidnap him save him from himself, his parents must feel awful

Kick his ass into touch !!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have lost a few friends over the years-good lads who mixed with the wrong people-evil shit heroin!

saw one lad who used to work out every day,worked the doors-turn to a thieving horrible smackhead who fell to bits and would do anything to get a hit.
he turned a corner and was getting off it-next week he was found dead-overdose!

fuckin waste of a good man
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Shings

Shame for your mate...

And before anyone says "its the parents" I have first hand proof that it isn't....

My cousins dad (My uncle) was in the Army, a very highley ranked member, so like you say, I certinatly wouldn't blame it on the parents

Kids have there own minds too unfortunatly!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:10 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Shame for your mate...

course it aint, kids of today are not thick even at young ages, they know what their doing to themselfs they just dont give a stuff
Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear mate

I have a similar thing, I know at least 3 of my cousins are heroin addicts.

I'm so glad my dad worked hard when he was young and got himself a good job, moved away to the country and started his own family (producing me n my sis)

I don't have anything to do with my family on both sides strangely but on my dads side it's bad news reagrding drugs and less than desireable people Sad in a way coz all I have is mum, dad, sis and her nippers (and even they've all moved to southern Ireland) so just me left

Don't see my mums side either as there was a stupid falling out about 10 years ago
Old 09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by YoungDan

Shame for your mate...

My cousins dad (My uncle) was in the Army, a very highley ranked member, so like you say, I certinatly wouldn't blame it on the parents

Kids have there own minds too unfortunatly!
I wont go into it but apart from looks, if you compared me and my life and the way it has gone and the way I act and speak compared to those of my siblings.... you wouldn't think we were related

like a few people have said they have to want to sort themselves out.

My brother is about to pass out as a marine... if he doesn't for some reason we're all fucked because he will come home- instead of just being a thug - he will be a harder faster and highly trained thug...

My sister on the other hand is quite happy being a complete dickhead of the highest order.

Makes you scared to have kids...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Feel for you mate.

I had a friend who OD'd on smack and crack at 17 and was found blue by his mother. Got him to the hospital in nick of time and saved him. He still didn't learn, and carried on. Could never hold down a job for more than a few weeks as always had his hand in the till.

Eventually he went to his cousins in the middle of no where and came back clean when we were 21. Within a few weeks of being back he was back on the gear, from hanging with the wrong peeps. Not seen him for a while now, but my money is on it that he's prob dead.

Such a waste of life, why do people try it in the first place, everyone knows where you'll end up.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO ONLY 2 things you can do...wash your hands and walk away...

or

tie the guy up to a bed and let him sweat it out...he'll be sick as a parrot and give you all sorts of abuse but what else can you do?!?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

It must be mega hard to kick, after all, when you have experienced those heights, normal life must be extremely boring.

Even if they kick it, they must long for that high again
Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

got as much sympathy for these wasters as they have for all the innocent people they steal from to support their addiction..
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Shame for your mate...

And MY sister too.

Tho she went cold turkey and is off it now, she was on it for 10yrs+ tho.

Wasnt nice.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

i know a few good lads from a whie back that are on this shit and it is a waste.

but they ALL KNEW the consiquences of taking that drug BEFORE they took it and yet they still done it.

imo, it serves them right!

i feel ashamed to say hi sometimes when i see them about.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
T28 RST
Ok then

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As its been said its a fookin shame whats happened to him

You will get ones out there that will judge them but there normally the ones that dont understand the true facts.

I do hope he gets the correct help and guidence he needs (sometimes its no good) but at least its there.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
i know a few good lads from a whie back that are on this shit and it is a waste.

but they ALL KNEW the consiquences of taking that drug BEFORE they took it and yet they still done it.

I agree.

I cant imagine how a parent must feel watching their son/daughter get hooked on this

If it was mine id lock em in a room and shove meals under the door.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
T28 RST
Ok then

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes heroin is a nasty drug and its up to them if they take it but its not that easy to just stop taking it and go back to your normal lifestyle.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i dont get it i feel they must be weak minded but i do appreciate that out of all of the drugs heroin must be the easiest to get adicted to and the hardest to come off.

i know of plenty of guys who take coke for fun but only at the weekends.

a few beers and maybee a wee joint if i'm feeling like a rebel nowadays thats it for me
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by T28 RST

Yes heroin is a nasty drug and its up to them if they take it but its not that easy to just stop taking it and go back to your normal lifestyle.

well they should not of taken it then.

they all know how addictive it is yet still do it....why.

they all started off on the lighter drugs,pot,lsd,trips etc...then moved onto that shite.

all too weak to say no!

fook me,i said no in school when a few of them started smoking etc...i could not give a shit what others think of me if i don't join in etc...

its their own fault,no one elses,no life problems can get you on hooked on that stuff,just not having that.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its the old "i'll just give it a try to see what its like" syndrome tho and thats it ...fucked for life
Old 09-11-2007, 08:45 PM
chink
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i know what your going through a good family friend was like a brother to me was in the same boat, he was in a rehab for a couple of months and doind so well, but that was in manchester and his mum was in leeds so he went for a days visit but never got there

he died in a mac d's toilet

we think he went to see his old gang and tried it one last time but he had been off it for so long had a overdose
Old 09-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dovboy
i dont get it i feel they must be weak minded but i do appreciate that out of all of the drugs heroin must be the easiest to get adicted to and the hardest to come off.

I pretty much dont speak to any of the people I knocked about with when i was younger because of drugs..

Started with smokin weed..

Then it was pills...

Then it was a bit of coke...

Then it was cut the coke with mashed up pills...

Then it was - lets go on the all dayer.. me drinkin carling and watching everyone else do a gram of coke.. then 20 mins later do another.. then another and finally stopping when they couldn't get any more money out of their respective credit cards.

It keeps going and going...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

its the old "i'll just give it a try to see what its like" syndrome tho and thats it ...fucked for life
its a bit different with heroin imo,everyone knows what its like.

i have never taken drugs and i would not be intrested to take them 'just to see what thier like' because i have seen what they do to people.

the smackheads knew this too but still took them.....
Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I pretty much dont speak to any of the people I knocked about with when i was younger because of drugs..

Started with smokin weed..

Then it was pills...

Then it was a bit of coke...

Then it was cut the coke with mashed up pills...

Then it was - lets go on the all dayer.. me drinkin carling and watching everyone else do a gram of coke.. then 20 mins later do another.. then another and finally stopping when they couldn't get any more money out of their respective credit cards.

It keeps going and going...
i hear what you are saying but the flipside of that is that sounds just like me and all my mates when we were younger and we all just grew out of it,its mostly just the pub for all of us now.

strong minded peaple can take it or leave it is my opinion(cant talk for smack as i dont have any mates who took that tinky shit!)
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

All well and good saying force cold turkey on him, but when he's back in his normal environment his lifestyle and instinctial reactions to emotions and problems will in most cases likely send him back in the same old direction... the daily grind is the hard bit to overcome.

After all I'm sure he was clean during the 8 months rehab?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Ade
All well and good saying force cold turkey on him, but when he's back in his normal environment his lifestyle and instinctial reactions to emotions and problems will in most cases likely send him back in the same old direction... the daily grind is the hard bit to overcome.

After all I'm sure he was clean during the 8 months rehab?
EXACTLY... Thats the main problem. Coming off it is the relatively easy bit, it's STAYING off it thats the problem. Unless you want to stay off it, you won't... Which is why I can't back to knocking around with the mates I used, as I'd be back on coke and pills and all sorts...

I'm actually quite proud to say I've never touched a needle and injected anything, but I've been close... and hence I can never go back to that crowd as I'd end up fucked.....
Old 09-11-2007, 10:13 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all my mates back in school were smoking weed, then popping e's and then taking coke..they were mosty dealers or related to dealers so the sht wwas easier to get and cheaper..

and tbh i know its hard to say no wen all your friends are doing it..but the fact of life is drugs kill.. i said no to my so called mates and lost some of them from doing so, but then i dont see them as mates anymore..not once have i been back to my old 'hood' as i know il be mixing witht them again and who knows whats gona happen..im happy with my life the way it iz..if you need heroin to give you that buzz you must have a shit life tbh
Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

This is something i think about alot, i lost my best mate at 17, the poor guy didnt have a mum or dad and stayed with his gran, who by the way was an alky, this boy took all my old trainers and old clothes, came to my house for food and was the best of any friend to your mum with manors (even the rough like me had manors for your friends mum) and if he won the lottery would half it with you if not give you the whole fucken lot

As we left school i got a job, he didnt. Things went a little down hill for him then, and he started hanging with the local fools, i used to see him now and then and exchange storys but i didnt see him for a good while, the last thing i heard he tried heroin and got worried and took meths to try and calm the effects and OD`D, poor bastard died choking on his own vomit

All it takes is one hit.

I dont care what anyone says i`d riddle evey bit of it with rat poisen and end the lot of them.

Friends family or not its always someones kid but i would be done with the lot of them, theres the so called good ones but theres more of the "rob the 80yr old" than anything else.

The world would be a better place , fact
Old 09-11-2007, 10:34 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to read this fella hope u sorts himself out before it too late
Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yet people in high positions of authority are calling for it all to be legalized.... Fucking Richard Brunstrom.....

80% of crime is drugs related ....

Until this waste of space of government get tough on crime ( which is never going to happen ) and make supplying class A's a life sentance, people will continue to fuck themselfs up .....I have close family who have fucked themselfs up with drugs, to the point where they are stealing off thier dads credit cards, stealing money out of the change jar etc , and even things from the house are going missing and no doubt being sold at places like cash converters ...

Drugs are for fucking loosers, i don't care what anyone says, even "recreational" drugs are pish, used to knock about with a few mates who liked the odd spliff, got to the point you were stood on your own most of the night while they sneaked off for a smoke outside wherever you were ....

I personally hate drugs, and have NEVER touched anything, can't even stand a ciggarette's smoke - If you need drugs to have a good time then there is somthing seriously wrong, and you need to look at other areas of your life for happiness..

just look at the fucking stupidness of this thread in the muppet room, says it all really ....
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=300354

I would say drugs is this countrys main problem, even before immigration and crime (although they are linked anyway).

Sort out proper sentences for drug dealers.......especially the ones that prey on kids Cunts...
Old 09-11-2007, 11:17 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by T28 RST

well they should not of taken it then.

they all know how addictive it is yet still do it....why.

they all started off on the lighter drugs,pot,lsd,trips etc...then moved onto that shite.

all too weak to say no!

fook me,i said no in school when a few of them started smoking etc...i could not give a shit what others think of me if i don't join in etc...

its their own fault,no one elses,no life problems can get you on hooked on that stuff,just not having that.
I totally agree with you there mate. I do however feel for the friends and families of drug addicts as it can be so harsh on them (as in this case too ). Of course its a shame that some people turn out like this and yes no doubt it is a powerful drug, but at the end of the day they chose that route to take so they have no one else to blame but themselves unfortunatly imo.

Thats just my opinion. Although i dont know anyone whose been involved in it personally. Maybe if someone i knew was an addict i may feel diffently, who knows.

You can only do what you can do though mate. Good luck with it anyway, and hope it turns out ok.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Yet people in high positions of authority are calling for it all to be legalized.... Fucking Richard Brunstrom.....

80% of crime is drugs related ....

Until this waste of space of government get tough on crime ( which is never going to happen ) and make supplying class A's a life sentance, people will continue to fuck themselfs up
Thats a very good point mate. Most crimes are drug related, so something needs sorting for EVERYONES sake, including the addicts themselves.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MK5RST
Get him and lock him up for a few months
As daft as it sounds, thats probably your only option mate, as it seems youve tried everything else.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry to hear about your cousin lardy
i ve got a friend and the story is exact same just now.nothing i can do for him
another of my friends uncles said to me years ago that if i ever try anything please dont ever do herion as its fucked his whole life.he said its the only drug like a wank.if you do it once you will do it again and this was about 15 years ago.and hes now dead cause of it and his 2 brothers are millonaires with there family business's. ill never forget what he said tho.
i dont think this post should turn into a drug debate tho .
and not all folk that start on weed or try other things go on to rob everyones granny
Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Sad stuff

Anyway why do people think its big and clever to snort coke - seems to be almost bragged about on here by some.....

Quick Reply: cousin ruined by drugs