General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What do you make of this

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
diamond white
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Religion

Yet another way that religion, causes death
Wonder what would have happened if that stupid form suddenly disappeared. Now two children will grow up and never know thier loving mother.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bible - New World Transaltion of the Holy Scripts - Acts 15:28,29
For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”
Basically anyone with a ounce of intelligence would see that this stems from the days of religious sacrifice, where blood letting was common and was then drunk as part of the sacrificial procedure - no way should that be interpretted as not accepting blood from another human, as they couldn't have even conceived the idea of tha then . Also, funny how they don't take any notice of the fornication part . However, that wouldn;t suit would it?

Originally Posted by Bible - Genesis 9:4
Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.
Pretty obvious - do not eat other humans .

Religion was originally established to provide a moral code. To now follow outdated tomes is completely nonsensical - if only these people that claim to be so religious actually followed certain aspects of their religious tomes - YOU SHALL NOT MURDER!

Stupidity beyond belief.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I couldn't believe it when I read that story this morning. I thought some groups and areas of civilisation had evolved beyond the need to follow the teachings of some long dead men. The same men, who were most likely off their faces on some ancient drug, whilst writing their elaborate story.

I think the immediate family of the deceased are all spineless idiotic wonders. What will the father do if the children get sick? (which they no doubt will) Will he pray that they "just get better"?

What I can't understand is this.....the medical profession has an oath and standard of how patients are treated. The GMC in this country sets one of the rules as "The health of the patient shall be my first concern". There is also a passage later that says "Respect patients' right to reach decisions with you about their treatment and care". In my eyes, that rule goes out the window, if it contravenes preservation of life. Why did the doctors present do nothing?

I think it's indicative of how society has changed when people are too scared to do the right thing. So what if the family objected? If had been the doctor, I would have said "Go ahead and sue me then" and given her a life saving transfusion.

Those children have a sad future ahead of them - the family will not doubt pump them full of religious crap and they will grow up to see that their mother's death was an act of god, or some bollocks like that.

As for mentioning the middle eastern mob who seem so resentful of western ways - I can only describe their behaviour and thinking as primitive. Why don't they come and join us in the modern world. It ain't perfect but it's load better than some of the shit they stand for.

Science is my religion as it has shown time and again that there is proof behind it claims. Religion on the other hand effectively says "Oh, you'll just have to trust us"
Old 05-11-2007, 05:24 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

why does the doctors view of whats right take precedence over the patients view of whats right when its their life and their body to choose whether they live or die?
who decides on whats ultimately right or wrong ?
who are we to judge someones elses beliefs and to call them wrong?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
dave_y
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Elwood
Science is my religion as it has shown time and again that there is proof behind it claims. Religion on the other hand effectively says "Oh, you'll just have to trust us"
Amen!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Elwood

Originally Posted by fuzzy
why does the doctors view of whats right take precedence over the patients view of whats right when its their life and their body to choose whether they live or die?
The job of a doctor is to preserve life, not to follow some ill founded belief.

Who decides on whats ultimately right or wrong ?
As far as I'm concerned, the law in this country decides what is right and what is wrong. You've only got to read the comments on the Sun page and the comments within this thread to see that the clear majority think she and her family were wrong.

Who are we to judge someones elses beliefs and to call them wrong?
It's called having an opinion, everyone has one. Mine are usually based on logical thought (such as not letting people die when there is every chance that they could live for another 50 years or so).

Here's a discussion which is sure to make you think. I personally think that the family, particularly the husband are guilty of manslaughter - Discuss and consider the terms "Negligence" and "Recklessness"
Old 05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
OvaBoost

I'm not going to even click the link but at a guess there asian/muslims/wierdos?
Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 PM
baker p

religion sucks...... just something for the magot brain fucks to guide them through life if you ask me .

fuzzy wrote:
Who are we to judge someones elses beliefs and to call them wrong?

ahh fuck em i am sure they would judge me for drinking heavily and sticking my root in the girlfreinds arse.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OvaBoost
I'm not going to even click the link but at a guess there asian/muslims/wierdos?
your more thick then this bloke if thats what your guessing, smell the coffee dude
Old 05-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

at least them above as you put it , dont go knocking on your front door at 10am saturday morning, trying to preach to you, whilst your heads still banging from the night before
Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

I read it in the Sun before, the husband distraught - Fcuk off! He pratically killed her!
I think being a mother to her 2 kids comes before any religion!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
geoffxr4

I think the whole blood transfusion thing is very dodgy. It's based on the interpretation of 2 obscure passages written in a time very different from ours. As a general rule it's probably best to stay away from blood and not ingest it. But that's very different from screened donated blood. Nothing died to supply it and it's gonna save your life.

The whole idea of not accepting medical interference is a paradox. Why would a god have made us with the curiosity and tools to research and develop medical techniques if not to use it. If god is all powerful he has then, by definition, given that young mother a way to survive. Her not taking it is a contradiction
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

its wrong isn't it,allowing her to die.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Dannn

Very sad - another pointless death.

The law should intervene and force the stupid bint to have the blood.

Also as the father has proved to be a completely stupid cunt the children should be given to a mum and dad who value life over cunting religion.

Look forward to discussing it with the cunts the next time they knock on my door.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

The bit I read earlier, the father then has the cheek to say how he cant believe in this day and age with our knowledge and advancements in technology etc, how she could die , well part of those advancements for NORMAL people would be the understanding of transfusing blood !

Also the quotes from the bible about taking anothers blood still aint right, cos THEY, the witnesses wont even allow the storage of their OWN blood for use at a later date , just moronic in my view

Also they can have a transfusion if it isnt "willing" ie if it is given without consent and knowledge, then there "faith" wont look down on em or kick them out.

So if the doctors just administered it regardless of there wishes then there no reason for them to be "kicked out" the gang.

Just make it clear to all witnesses or any other freak religeon that if they go to a British hospital then they will have it done regardless of their wishes, at least that way some poor Doctor then wouldnt have to live with the fact that he knows he couldve saved someone but didnt, do you think the Doctor going to be sleeping easy at night knowing he did the "right thing" cos some stupid bint said so

Like all others have said selfish bitch put her stupid beliefs before the best thing for her family, but someone mentioned Muslims or any other type suicde bombers, they all just the same brainwashed to believe their religeon is the most important thing in life, dont forget most bombers are also leaving family behind

Sorry for rant but as most posts on religeon, just cant see the point behind it, scientificaly it been proven where we come from (more or less ) so just proves ALL religeon is just LIES !

Steve
Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 PM
OvaBoost

Originally Posted by Fil
at least them above as you put it , dont go knocking on your front door at 10am saturday morning, trying to preach to you, whilst your heads still banging from the night before
Ahh johovis witness then..they come into the 'wierdo' category
Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

I am still fuming about this.

Poor children.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
I am still fuming about this.

Poor children.

I was telling my girlfriends mum. I can't get over it myself.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

as mike said....stupidity beyond beleif
Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
i dont believe in anything myself but i have to admire her courage to knowingly condem herself to death rather than betray her beliefs.
I don't. Not with 2 young children. Selfish and stupid beyond belief.
only read it in the paper last night.. Christ how fuckin stupid can this get

Very sad state of affairs to leave a new husband and two small children rather then be 'poisioned' by another persons blood to save her life.

Very stupid decision, hope she's having fun being dead.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Everyone has the right to be a dozy twat who completely fails to understand the meaning of "not taking anothers blood" in a bad english translation of the bible if they want.

She was so keen to exercise her right to be stupid and clueless that she gave up her life to do so, thats her choice I guess, but I feel very sorry for the twins who have been robbed of what no doubt would have been a devoted and caring mother if she could only read properly.
Sorry chip thats so funny....

Bad english translation - unstanding the text in context....
Could Only read Properly - PMSL - erm see above so which is it.

personal opinion people who believe in any sort of god have no fucking concept on reality and are weak in mind.

If their is a greater being in this world where the fuck is it and how come we were here on earth before the concept of a god....

Made up bollox.......may as well believe in the fucking werewolfs....
Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

take the kids into care, at least that way they won't end up thinking the same things until they are old enough to decide for themselves

if jehova children had the same problem the hospitals have a thing where they make them a ward of the court and do it anyway, it's when they are able to sign a bit of paper saying "i'm not a fruit, but don't safe my life if i'm about to die"

fair play for sticking to your principles, but it's an unfiar god that would cause 2 small kiddies to lose their mother in this way
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Joris_FRST

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh well, one less to knock on your door
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1
Also they can have a transfusion if it isnt "willing" ie if it is given without consent and knowledge, then there "faith" wont look down on em or kick them out.
This is what I was thinking, unless she had signed something/had a card to say she categorically refused a transfusion then the medics hands would be tied, they could get legal proceedings against them if go against her will (like on your notes do not rescuitate) but if it was against her will and they had to do it then they should do it? Probably not time to appeal to the courts. As Rapid1 says wont get kicked out of her religion and still be here to Mother her kids - personally I think it is a sad story and wrong IMO

Z
Old 06-11-2007, 11:58 AM
angel24

If the mother was willing to die because of her beliefs, then I'm guessing she would be willing to let her children die, should they require a blood transfusion, even before they have had a chance to come to their own conclusions about religion.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

What a load of tosh religion is

I cant see the wake being a riotous affair can you?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dingy
may as well believe in the fucking werewolfs....
Hairy women are cool for 08
Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Reminds me of that joke:

When the flash floods came recently and there was a stranded Jehova Witness on the roof of his house, so he prays to God to save him.

The Fire Brigade turns up before the water gets too high and offers to bring him down using the ladders on the Fire Engine, but the Jehova refuses saying that "God will save me".

The water gets higher and higher, and next a fire crew in a dingy approaches and offers to rescue him, but again the Jehova refuses stating firmly that "God will save me".

By this time the water rises to the point that the only safe area is on the chimney, which is where the Jehova climbs as a helicopter flies up to him, throws down a ladder and tells him to climb on. The Jehova again refuses, stating adamantly his belief that "God will save me". The water continues to rise and the rescue services can do nothing but watch as the man is swept away to his death.

In the after-life, the Jehova approaches the gates to paradise and is greeted by the Good Lord, and the Jehova cannot help but question his faith. "I have been a practicing Jehova ALL my life and have never done a thing wrong, so why did you forego my prayers and not save me?"

The Lord looks the Jehova up and down with incredulity and bellows, "I sent the fire brigade, a dingy AND a helicopter - what more do you fucking want?"
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

out of all the replies i have to agree with one

HORSESHIT!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Remko GT
Regular Contributor

I think it's sad ppl still follow morales and believes put in a book that was conceived over 1000 years ago and fail to realize that maybe they should think for themselves.
Imo, the reason they believe is because they want a sense of belonging, something more than what we basically are, part of the foodchain and potential wormfood.
Like little children behaving badly they want to believe in some "fathergod" to whom they can turn to instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.
That's why she died. Because basically someone told her she should. They (the likes of Jehova's witnesses) will never admit it or realize it though. A lot like cults actually.

I don't hate christians, I hate christianity for what it represents.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
take the kids into care, at least that way they won't end up thinking the same things until they are old enough to decide for themselves

Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Reminds me of that joke:

When the flash floods came recently and there was a stranded Jehova Witness on the roof of his house, so he prays to God to save him.

The Fire Brigade turns up before the water gets too high and offers to bring him down using the ladders on the Fire Engine, but the Jehova refuses saying that "God will save me".

The water gets higher and higher, and next a fire crew in a dingy approaches and offers to rescue him, but again the Jehova refuses stating firmly that "God will save me".

By this time the water rises to the point that the only safe area is on the chimney, which is where the Jehova climbs as a helicopter flies up to him, throws down a ladder and tells him to climb on. The Jehova again refuses, stating adamantly his belief that "God will save me". The water continues to rise and the rescue services can do nothing but watch as the man is swept away to his death.

In the after-life, the Jehova approaches the gates to paradise and is greeted by the Good Lord, and the Jehova cannot help but question his faith. "I have been a practicing Jehova ALL my life and have never done a thing wrong, so why did you forego my prayers and not save me?"

The Lord looks the Jehova up and down with incredulity and bellows, "I sent the fire brigade, a dingy AND a helicopter - what more do you fucking want?"
dingy has a H in it you dumb fuck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinghy
Old 06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by dingy
dingy has a H in it you dumb fuck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinghy
Sentences start with capitals and end with full stops you dumb fuck !
Old 06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

LOL, sorry.