General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone Work at a Ford Main Dealer?? Locking Wheel Nut prob

Search this Thread

Old 29-10-2007, 12:29 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Work at a Ford Main Dealer?? Locking Wheel Nut prob

I had to change my wheel sat as got a puncture but when changing it the nut basically snapped in half..leaving half in the hub and half in the locking nut. So got AA out and after about an hour and half he got it out and changed it.
But he also tried to get it out with the key and snapped the inside of the locking nut so it is proper useless now. But still have 3 of the same locking nuts in the car.....so would Ford have a master set or something and how much for another set??

btw the cars a 2004 mondeo

Cheers
Old 29-10-2007, 12:44 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah take the car down to fords and they will have a locking key set with about 10 different keys, one will fit yours
Old 29-10-2007, 12:45 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

go to ford and see if it was a dealer fit set of lock nuts
they might have the keynumber

alternativly you can find teh supplier and take the remenants to them and ask for another key to be produced for you

unless you have the key number in the documentation or the key number is stamped onto the key somewhere ilke most ford keys have
Old 29-10-2007, 12:48 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Cheers Lads.

Going to Dagenham Motors today

i hate driving with the spazy wheel on
Old 29-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Crowder
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

they couldnt do it for me when i lost my locking nut for my focus. advised theyd not heard of such master key or sets...

Went to halfords got a nut removal set (2nuts reverse threaded) took me 5mins to remove all 4...... then i found the proper locking nut used them again as they didnt even chew them up!!
Old 29-10-2007, 01:16 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crowder
they couldnt do it for me when i lost my locking nut for my focus. advised theyd not heard of such master key or sets...

Went to halfords got a nut removal set (2nuts reverse threaded) took me 5mins to remove all 4...... then i found the proper locking nut used them again as they didnt even chew them up!!
beware of some dealers saying this, it is a skank, they just want to give you a few hrs labour charge and say them removed the nuts themselves to look good, whereas they really do have a key set but apparently so, the customer is not supposed to know this CUNTS!
Old 30-10-2007, 09:38 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indycos

beware of some dealers saying this, it is a skank, they just want to give you a few hrs labour charge and say them removed the nuts themselves to look good, whereas they really do have a key set but apparently so, the customer is not supposed to know this CUNTS!
ouch thats mean!

i think the master sets are one of the tools that ford insist you must have? dojj or ginge may know further!

Trending Topics

Old 30-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

dan if you wait then ill take you down to my old place and get the tool to take em off

the chances are its one of the ones ive got kicking about anyway

but if you aint got round to it then give me a shout and ill get it sorte for ya
Old 30-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

actually dan take it in and see the bird in kwick fit accross the road from your house ( cant remember her name) if you want and ill get her to take em off for you aswell as she owes me a favor
Old 30-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by indycos

sort of true, some times they cant remove them and have to weld a nut on the end to take em off,,,,, though its VERY VERY rare

min labour charge at fords is 1 hour for 4 wheel nuts,, thats 105 quid plus vat at my old place

and DOO works at ford,,,, not doji
Old 30-10-2007, 09:57 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ahh thats who i meant!