General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What do you earn a week?

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you earn way too much money (or claim you do)
Old 27-10-2007, 09:41 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PT
Originally Posted by S1rst
Going by some of the figures posted on here, i cant understand why some are messing around on a ford site with cars at a couple of grand. If some of you are on the money you 'say', you should be driving around in a decent super car of some sort at least.
exactly what I said and imo no matter how much mortgage etc you pay, surely as a car fanatic on over 1k a week they can afford more than a 3k rs turbo or even a 5k saff
Exactly mate, even £2k in mortgage and bills would leave £2k left over a MONTH. They could afford a new rs turbo every month with whats left over, or should be able too at least. Obviously everyones circumstances are different though to be fair.

Seriously though, most people i know who get big money live on their limit too and still owe loads of money out. Apart from a mortgage i plan to never have to get loans or credit personally even though i dont get big money, i save for the things i want/need, rather than go for the easy option at the time and end up owing shit loads of money out. Well thats the plan anyway.
Old 27-10-2007, 09:44 AM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not enuff to surport 2 rs`s a wife,mortage& the fuking csa
Old 27-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Ryan
15K+ Super Poster!!

not enough
Old 27-10-2007, 10:06 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by PT
Going by some of the figures posted on here, i cant understand why some are messing around on a ford site with cars at a couple of grand. If some of you are on the money you 'say', you should be driving around in a decent super car of some sort at least.
exactly what I said and imo no matter how much mortgage etc you pay, surely as a car fanatic on over 1k a week they can afford more than a 3k rs turbo or even a 5k saff
not nessesarilly.. building trade is random. basic take home is £440 but depending on the site/rate and overtime £1G is do able but not guaranteed my bmw/cosworth is an everyday car/toy/hobby but we do also have a sensible new golf for the missus and the kids. thats all we need.
Old 27-10-2007, 10:17 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

like fuzzy says 1k a week can be done if i'm on pricework or doing private jobs but i work to live not the other way round.

the real money is in buying and selling houses,got in at the right time and out i believe,made 110k in four years-put most of it back into the house i'm in and spent a bit on the cos

those four years should give me a bit of an easyer life,bearing in mind i'm in scotland whare my 3bed house with extension and big garden cost 140k

you would get a bedsit whare most of you lot in england stay for that!
Old 27-10-2007, 10:36 AM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

1 millllllliiioonnn dolllars....aweek

Old 27-10-2007, 10:37 AM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i earn good monwy and i cant afford my rs turbo

guess alot of people who earn good money are planning for the furure (im renting my place at the mo but looking to buy a house outright, no mortgage)
Old 27-10-2007, 10:50 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

between 320 take home and 550, the higher wage is if our bonus scheme is good for the month before.

still skint tho the missus take 3ton aweek for our savings
Old 27-10-2007, 11:28 AM
brs
Regular Contributor

a gas man doing 4 services a day can earn 1k a week, for 4 hours a day
Old 27-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Series1Dry
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

JIB sparky rate is £10.91 per hour at the minute. Approved Sparkie is around £2 an hour more. Dunno how some sparkies on here can say they earn a grand a week employed. Would like to know how though I'm guessing these rates are not used by most companies down south where everything is so much dearer than up north.
Old 27-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

christ you lot are rich

im only on 10k a year

btw earning loads is all well and good,,,, but how do you live your life is what counts IMO

im happy enough with my life and i can live on my wages and afford a can off stella or 2 at the end of the month,,, IMO thats what counts
Old 27-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

funny you should say that, i was out with about 10 or 15 people last night, some of use driving and all the people with jobs ( like me) was driving basic cars,,,,, all the bods who aint ( most of em) where driving nice rides,,, was a CLK, X5, brand new Seat tdi thingy ( dont laugh,, spanked my BMW )

why do we bother working i DONT know
Old 27-10-2007, 12:45 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Series1Dry
JIB sparky rate is £10.91 per hour at the minute. Approved Sparkie is around £2 an hour more. Dunno how some sparkies on here can say they earn a grand a week employed. Would like to know how though I'm guessing these rates are not used by most companies down south where everything is so much dearer than up north.
i dont think anyone has said they earn 1k a week on an hourly rate? unless working in london on daft hours
Old 27-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

all building work is for the day not the hour though aint it ???

if they paied by the hour they would earn fuck all with the breaks they take ect
Old 27-10-2007, 01:29 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !

if they paied by the hour they would earn fuck all with the breaks they take ect
breaks?
Old 27-10-2007, 01:35 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Westy
Originally Posted by Graceland
Originally Posted by Shorty
Only a gay apprentice electrician at the mo so only earn £500 a month, yes a MONTH!

Hopefully getting a new job when am 18 though, and would be earning that a week!
Fuck me, I wouldn't get out of bed for that Makes me so glad I fucked my apprenticeship off when I had the chance
and I wouldnt get out of bed for your wage graceland.. bit of a poor attitude really..

I remember when I started out working (after paper rounds etc) I joined a company as a trainee... took home 350 quid my first month.. At 16, I was loving it.. and lets just say it's all paid off well now

Everyone has to start somewhere..
i do think that is a low wage for an apprentice but alot of people who pay crap seem to teach u well and if you stick with it you'll get the benifits after.
Old 27-10-2007, 01:39 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by danneth

breaks?
if im on price i dont take breaks, i just aim to be gone by 3/3.30. at them minute im earning £750 a week as im on a day work but they're resonable ppl who im working for so finish around 3 which ain to sad. price can vary like said depending on where you are? what work? meterage etc etc. its all up and down but prefer being self employed although only been so a year.
Old 27-10-2007, 01:41 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

some jobs are on an hourly rate, some are on a fixed price. we just finished fitting out a new B+Q superstore in edinburgh for an english company. 8-7 5 days and 8-6 at the weekend. we got 2 hours paid breaks a day and away an hour early during the week and 4 hours early saturday and sunday and paid for 75 hours a week. quality job and i cant wait for the next one after christmas
Old 27-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PT
Exactly mate, even £2k in mortgage and bills would leave £2k left over a MONTH. They could afford a new rs turbo every month with whats left over, or should be able too at least. Obviously everyones circumstances are different though to be fair.

Seriously though, most people i know who get big money live on their limit too and still owe loads of money out. Apart from a mortgage i plan to never have to get loans or credit personally even though i dont get big money, i save for the things i want/need, rather than go for the easy option at the time and end up owing shit loads of money out. Well thats the plan anyway.
a grand a week gives you £3030 AFTER tax a month so nowhere near 2k left over

im on great money but i have "only" a 6-7k saff. i've just bought a bigger house and my monthly bills will be approx £1900 Now thats a lot of money and if i had an expensive car to pay for too then the monthly bills would be horrendous!

way i see it is i'd rather pump my money into a stupidly expensive mortgage so i live in a lovely house than have a lesser house and a flashy car
Old 27-10-2007, 01:57 PM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

i would be a rich man if i didnt have to pay over £300 a month on my pension...but then again ill can sack the old bird off when i retire at 53, buy myself a ferrari and pull some young swedish bird.

Tax man takes the piss... I dont pay anywhere near as much as some people but £500 on tax, £250 on National insurance, £120 on council tax.... what do you get in return... chuff all thats what
Old 27-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I got no reason to lie about my wages, 22k a year without overtime so whatever that works out to a week

I've finally got my arse in gear and started my plumbing course so I can get out of where I work now, it bores the shit out of me
Old 27-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Cheers for the replies... Wasn't expecting this to go to 3 pages tbh!
Old 27-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Westy
Originally Posted by Shorty
Only a gay apprentice electrician at the mo so only earn £500 a month, yes a MONTH!

Hopefully getting a new job when am 18 though, and would be earning that a week!
Fuck me, I wouldn't get out of bed for that Makes me so glad I fucked my apprenticeship off when I had the chance
and I wouldnt get out of bed for your wage graceland.. bit of a poor attitude really..

I remember when I started out working (after paper rounds etc) I joined a company as a trainee... took home 350 quid my first month.. At 16, I was loving it.. and lets just say it's all paid off well now

Everyone has to start somewhere..
I started on an apprenticeship taking home 40 quid a week so don't give me the "oh poor attitude" speech. I was grateful for it at the time aswell - I've worked fucking hard over the last 8 years to get where I am today and therefore I am entitled to my own opinion - Shorty is a good mate of mine and I know he is just starting out .
Ah well, i strated on £29.50 so there

Westy you dont come accross as being on a lot more than Gracey....especially as you were so tight over the RST
Old 27-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Originally Posted by PT

a grand a week gives you £3030 AFTER tax a month so nowhere near 2k left over

im on great money but i have "only" a 6-7k saff. i've just bought a bigger house and my monthly bills will be approx £1900 Now thats a lot of money and if i had an expensive car to pay for too then the monthly bills would be horrendous!

way i see it is i'd rather pump my money into a stupidly expensive mortgage so i live in a lovely house than have a lesser house and a flashy car
yeah we have a big mortgage too chop, better for when ya retire too....flog it and live on a narrow boat Plus i wouldnt live in a terraced house and have a flash car outside like ya say...dont see point. House is the most important thing for us
Old 27-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not sure about flogging and living on a boat tbh but i agree with the rest
Old 27-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Lol im loving restoring the rsi mate i dont get your point Im a builder, own business and earn plenty. wifes a ward sister so is on decent money but i still like me cheap old fords yeah we got the A3 but still mes about with the old banger
Old 27-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Lambchop
not sure about flogging and living on a boat tbh but i agree with the rest
LOL just an idea Or maybe a little apartment and spend the rest
Old 27-10-2007, 03:29 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Top line is £730.38 per week (5 Days) with no overtime.

A lot less after Tax, NI, Pension etc

Steve.
Old 27-10-2007, 04:58 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

£22-£25 per hour at the moment
Old 27-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well i'm a poor student lol

i only earn about 50-100 quid a week depending on how many hours i do, but i am on a pretty good hourly rate and i'm training to be a manager so hopeully higher pay soon but unfortunately more hours because i may have to move stores where an evening management position is available.

i need to keep busy, serving at a till, customer service etc etc is just not enough for me. i was doing the stores paperwork when i was 16

but when i'm 19 i will not be earning a grand a week thats mad!!

should be when i'm in my late 20s though, i hope
Old 27-10-2007, 06:02 PM
baker p
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

depends on the job. Just installed a water treatment system in a hospital 2.5k for 8days work ,paid my brother £500 for 5days.
Start a job on monday at £200 a day welding steam pipe ,the pay seems to be creeping up in the welding game think theres a lack of youth coming through the ranks... more interested in office jobs maybe?????
Old 27-10-2007, 06:15 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
Radders sometimes you have to take what people say with pinch of salt, If you belive everyone they are on 10k a week

I sometimes think how the hell people afford stuff, but then what most people dont say they are up to their eyes in debt. Usually th people who brag about how much they have, actually have fook all

Well thats what i have found anyway..
Spot on, i've always found that to be the case too.

Personally i don't get a great deal of money, but i get enough to enjoy life and do what i want. Even if i have to save for a bit longer to get what i want.

To be honest though a job/career change is on the cards
Old 27-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a sparkie by trade abd am earning £270 a DAY
Old 27-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by xr_craig
Radders sometimes you have to take what people say with pinch of salt, If you belive everyone they are on 10k a week

I sometimes think how the hell people afford stuff, but then what most people dont say they are up to their eyes in debt. Usually th people who brag about how much they have, actually have fook all

Personally i don't get a great deal of money, but i get enough to enjoy life and do what i want. Even if i have to save for a bit longer to get what i want.

I have no creditcards and one loan - small payment and lots going into savings now too.

Craig knows I aint bullshitting about what I earn

Why the career change aswell? thought you enjoyed being a speayer?
Old 27-10-2007, 06:42 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by xr_craig

I have no creditcards and one loan - small payment and lots going into savings now too.

Craig knows I aint bullshitting about what I earn

Why the career change aswell? thought you enjoyed being a speayer?
Yeah i do, long story, i'll tell you later
Old 27-10-2007, 06:42 PM
RichardB
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I work for the biggest tower crane company in england, as an erector/dismantler

I get £11 an hour, due to the proper unsociable hours and travelling I have have managed to earn 36k so far this year.

Anybody know where this is?
Old 27-10-2007, 06:49 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

HSBC building London
Old 27-10-2007, 06:53 PM
RichardB
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

very good! Its next door ds3

Quick Reply: What do you earn a week?