General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what a nob

Search this Thread

Old 20-10-2007, 12:16 PM
flat out
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what a nob

my mate is a fucking prick we work together and he's ripped me off for the last time we do a bit of everything like plastering decking tileing what ever realy.
he pays me. we dont do price work normaly it's day wage so yesterday we were in work and the next door nabour came in and said is there a plummer here so my mate said he was a plummer the job was unblocking the pipes for the sink.so we go next door and pull the cover of the bath and sort out the block he charged him 40 bucks for the job.right so it comes to the end of the day thinking im having some extra money coz when i started my mate said if we get extra work i will have more pay. i got in the house to check my money and gess what wasn't there so i phone him and asked were the money was for the plumming job and he said what money so i said the job we done today then he said you didnt say that you was a plummer so if i didnt say i was a plummer you would have no money anyway .
the thing is he told me i would have extra money for doing little jobs on the side but he keeps the money everytime so fuck him he lost a friend now coz he is a greedy cunt weve been like best friends for like the last 10 years what a prickkkkkkk as you have probibly guessed i quit my job now rant over feels nice to get it off my chest
Old 20-10-2007, 12:21 PM
foreverwhite
Banned
BANNED

he should have bunged you 20.

for the sake of a score, thats a bit of a cunts trick.

i think he doesnt like you, i heard him talking about you the other day slagging you off.

go and smash his face in and key his car TBH.
Old 20-10-2007, 12:26 PM
flat out
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by foreverwhite

i think he doesnt like you, i heard him talking about you the other day slagging you off.

good fucking idea he makes me mad the fucking prick prick prick
Old 20-10-2007, 12:27 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

would a nob his clearly no mate fella
Old 20-10-2007, 12:29 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 20-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much of mate if he puts pocket money before friendship
Old 20-10-2007, 12:30 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

smash his birds doors in and put it all over the net, unless his bird is your sister which in that case just smash it and keep schtum........
Old 20-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Default Re: what a nob

Originally Posted by flat out
my mate is a fucking prick we work together and he's ripped me off for the last time we do a bit of everything like plastering decking tileing what ever realy.
he pays me. we dont do price work normaly it's day wage so yesterday we were in work and the next door nabour came in and said is there a plummer here so my mate said he was a plummer the job was unblocking the pipes for the sink.so we go next door and pull the cover of the bath and sort out the block he charged him 40 bucks for the job.right so it comes to the end of the day thinking im having some extra money coz when i started my mate said if we get extra work i will have more pay. i got in the house to check my money and gess what wasn't there so i phone him and asked were the money was for the plumming job and he said what money so i said the job we done today then he said you didnt say that you was a plummer so if i didnt say i was a plummer you would have no money anyway .
the thing is he told me i would have extra money for doing little jobs on the side but he keeps the money everytime so fuck him he lost a friend now coz he is a greedy cunt weve been like best friends for like the last 10 years what a prickkkkkkk as you have probibly guessed i quit my job now rant over feels nice to get it off my chest
I sympathise.

If mates fall out its always over money. Its normally not more than £50 but its the principle. You got 2 choices here. Eitehr forget about it and carry on as before or just remember next time not to get into that situation.

Everybody knows somebody that doesnt chip in fully with cab fares or is slow to get a round in. Most people just accept it and alter their spending/social habits accordingly.
Old 20-10-2007, 12:34 PM
flat out
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Nath
Not much of mate if he puts pocket money before friendship
you right i wouldn't do it to my mates when i came to pay aswell it was 25 75%. 25 being my cut
Old 20-10-2007, 12:36 PM
flat out
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JoeE30
smash his birds doors in and put it all over the net, unless his bird is your sister which in that case just smash it and keep schtum........
Old 20-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Well, if you can do without him and still get some money in then leave him to it. At least you know where he's coming from and how he works......

JoeE30, that last bit was so wrong
Old 20-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nath
JoeE30, that last bit was so wrong

Old 20-10-2007, 12:46 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Exactly right
What a nob
Old 20-10-2007, 01:03 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

could always fuck his mrs
Old 20-10-2007, 01:31 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a dilema something similar to this with a "mate" just now!!

Was one of my best mates when i worked with him for around 6 or so years then he moved to another job, i eventually moved away from the area but we still kept in touch and met up on numerous ocassions for a night out and a good piss up.

Anyway, my wife's cousin was looking for another car as her old R reg Vectra was starting to give bother, eng management light kept coming on and she thought it was gonna blow up and totally lost confidence with the car ! My mate had a Vectra TDi, 2001 model that he said was a tidy car and drove great, new mot and taxed for a wee while. Sounded like a good car so mentioned it to wife's cousin and she said to get it for her as thats just what she was looking for.

Agreed the price with my mate and as he was planning on coming to visit me for the weekend he said he would take the car up with him and drive the other one back ( he took it back as a trade in )

Appears at mine with the car and wife's cousin is waiting here for him as desperate to get her new car, we go to take it for a run and mate says " the eng management light might come on for a minute but it always goes out again "...... Oh great i thought to myself as thats what put her off her own car !! Anyway sure enough within in few seconds the lighht comes on, lack of power for a minute then light goes out and full power and drives great. I said to wife's cousin that it could probably be fixed easy enough as cant be too much wrong seeing as it goes perfect when the light is off, mate says if i find out whats wrong he will pay to get the part thats needed to repair it. Fair enough and the deal is done. He takes the old vectra away and ends up getting 1k for it after saying its only worth 200 as a trade in !! She was just glad to see the back of the car after eng management fiasco. Eventually found the problem with the new car (EGR valve) and fitted a new one as she was desperate to get car sorted as needs the car every day. Car all nice and sorted and text my mate to say i got it sorted and the valve cost 94 quid, is he still happy to stump up for it like he says he would. Im skint came the reply and cant afford it !!! WTF

Now this got me seriously pissed off as i went to all the hassle of sorting the car and i paid for the part to cure it, now its me thats out of pocket cos he says he's skint !!!!! Seriously not fucking happy about it and really want to tell him he's being a wanker and tell him to get fucked !!!!!

He has been a good mate for around 10 years and never though would do something like this. Still not sure how to handle it, have sent him 2 texts asking when is he gonna pay for the part but aint had any reply !!!!!
Old 20-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nobody asked you to go they did they ? you should have let him go on his own, then if he needed a hand he would have had to ask you then your entitled to some pay - sounds to me like you just poked yer nose in and got suckered lol
Old 20-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

easy mate, when i fell out with my best mate, smashed his brand new Saab up, quite satisfying really,
Old 20-10-2007, 05:09 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Did you work any longer that day mate?

If you did, then you should have some cash.

If not then I don't think you can complain. Imagine you work for a company and they pay you an hourly rate making things. If your boss manages to sell a few of those things to someone for a bit more than usual you wouldn't expect a higher rate would you? You are effectively on an hourly rate - up to him what he does with you (within reason - gimp masks are probably over the top )

The more work = more pay thing I would have taken as an hours thing, or if he needs to start really working you harder ie cutting out that breakfast/fag break/nip down the shop/whatever.

I bet you wouldn't like it if he had to take a job that had less profit in it and tried to pay you less for that day?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick on any of this, then sorry and yes, go nail his missus
Old 20-10-2007, 06:16 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Typical 'friends' mate, I cant say I know anyone I can call an actual 'friend' these days...
Old 20-10-2007, 07:08 PM
flat out
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Typical 'friends' mate, I cant say I know anyone I can call an actual 'friend' these days...
your so right sad to say
Old 20-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
i agree, last year i got fed up with people being cunts, ill do ANYTHING for a mate and expect people to be on my wave length, dont expect people not to treat me as i would treat them

i went on a mate culling session,,, my rules set out was any time the didnt treat me as i would treat them,,, fuck em

tbh it was hard at first as i mix with quite a few people

anyway i realised i was calling people my good mates who wasnt actually that good mates,,,, things like them inviting people i dont get along with to stuff where i would be and so cause issues, me helping people get there cars started taking time to get wiring diagrams from fords indepth and other stuff due to me having access then when i ask people who are in another trade to help me out WHERE I WOULD EVEN PAY EVEN THOUGH I NEVER CHARGE MATES being quoted MORE than i actually paied a person who i dont know from adam

ive got one mate ive known for years, we didnt mix that much but now we are again,,,,, seeing loads of old mates who i lost contact with

tbh id NEVER want the old lot back,,,, showed me just how much i had changed and how little people actually respected me

fuck em off mate and move on, its hard but its better in the long run,,,, infact i would rather stay in and surf the net than get back in that shower again
Old 20-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Simple - don't work with mates. Been there, done that - business and friendships entertwined rarely work.... When it comes to business then I'm all for me and fuck everyone else - get the job done, earn ya keep and fuck worrying bout anyone else. When it comes to friends, you don't wanna be like that, so you need to keep em segragated from your work so you don't get conflict....
Old 21-10-2007, 04:48 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

simple, just be a billy no mates and then you wouldnt have this problem works for me
Old 21-10-2007, 08:28 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

carry on working with him, but only do the job he's paying you to do
he's earning off of your greed to earn a few quid really, as soon as you say "sorry mate, can't do that i'm running late for something" he'll soon stop

you don't tell him that the reason you're not doing it is because you are off down the job centre looking for another job

my "mates" story goes a little something like this

"we" bought a granada 24V years and years ago for 50/50 at £150 apeice (but only after he said "i'll go halves with you bceause i can make some money out of it") so he handed over £150 after i'd gone and collected the car
broken headlight and bumper cost a total of £6 to fix in parts, but i spent 6 months waiting for him to arrive to help out
still drove the car around because there was nothing wrong with it and i had the spares sitting about
after about 18 months he decided that he wanted to use it to go to work and back because his car was a bit fucked, so i dropped it off at his place (don't forget that for the past 18 months it's been sitting in my driveway while i've been using it)
after 4 days he came back with the excuse that he couldn't afford to run it as it was using a tenners worth of fuel to work and another tenner on the way back (the temptation to say "that's because you drive it like a cunt" was almost too strong to resist ) so it ended up back on my driveway because his old man decided that he couldn't keep it at his house as it was taking up too much space
then i blew my engine up and decided that the engine would be a good replacement
he started to promise the rest of the car to his mates so i took the engine and loom out, put the rest of the car back together again and dropped him off the keys so that he could get into it and move it to break it at his
a month went past
he said that he couldn't collect it from where it was so could i leave it outside the house
it stayed there for another 2 weeks
and then the wheels went
then the window went pop
so i called him to tell him
i went away for a long weekend and the car was gone when i came back
and THEN he accused me of flogging the car and wanted the money he WOULD have made from selling the bits
WTF?!?!?!!??!
and then he started not answering my calls
and then he started asking for his £150 back at least as i had the engine and loom
"i don't think so"

on the other hand, i've got mates who i lend money to on the basis that i'll get it back at some point and i know they'll be good for it and they know they'll be good for it so i'm not worried

but when you start being a cunt about it them things start to get very "fuck you very much"
Old 21-10-2007, 09:39 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Did you work any longer that day mate?
If you did, then you should have some cash.
If not then I don't think you can complain.
But he said if they do any extra jobs he will get extra cash...then not paying up

Dojj has the right idea. Do the job you are paid for and if anything extra comes up ask him if he is going to split the cash as promised before. If not, carry on with the job you're doing..not the extra one. If he needs help with it, you want paying.