General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Website Hosting

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Website Hosting

Right,

I have only properly found out what a domain was when i bought it a couple of days ago LOL,

Im trying to make a website for my work mate who is leaving in 9 days to go off round the world, as a little present i wanted to create a website for her, which all she would have to do is update it with pictures and everything when she goes to each country, only problem is, i dont have a pigging clue what im doing.

I bought a domain which is www.ourbigtrip.co.uk, i called my stepdad last night because he is a IT expert and he was even confused by the website i have registered this domain with. Ends up, i have paid and own a domain, but i have nothing to host with and have no web space with it. My stepdad was telling me all this mumbo jumbo how to put things in somewhere to another thing etc etc etc, completley lost me either way.

So i need someones help to do with the hosting, so i can create a website.

Can ANYONE help me with this?! I want to make it look all good, i dont think i quite thought this through when i suggested it, i didnt think it would be difficult, silly me!

If someone could help me, it would be much appreciated

Jade
Old 18-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BTTT
Old 18-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You probably have some hosting space yourself with your ISP account (i.e. how you connect to the internet).

If all she wants to do is upload photo's on her travels, one of the photo hosting services might be a better bet.

Otherwise, you have to consider how she will upload her photo's to her website if she isn't used to / can't be bothered with FTP. Other options are you'll need to create a photo upload facility (do you know how to do that?), or use some free blogging software - although again it'd be simpler to use a blogging service.