General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

simon norris crash

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
rs4steve
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chrissy;s reply
As you may guess I am Chrissy from the Castle Combe Saloon Championship, Red 106 GTi Car, number 12.

Firstly Simon, How are you feeling today? Hope your ok?

Secondly, Can we please stop pointing the blame? It was a racing incident and we both walked away, surely that is more important than who's fault it was. Don't get me wrong I could've done without a repair bill as this is my first session (Obviously a lot of money went into to getting the car ready) but whats done is done, now we need to sort the cars out and get ready for next season.
Simon has generously offered money if CC say it was his fault. Most people wouldn't have bothered cos thats racing. Unfortunatly the damage to my car isn't just cosmetic. It needs a new rear beam and there is damage to the wishbones and drop link arms, also the front chassis leg may be bent. It could be a case of buying a new car but that is for me to deal with.

I'm sure Simon feels bad enough already without you lot hammering on about it. If anyone has the right to be shouting about this whole incident its me and as you can see i'm not so can we please drop it.

Thanks Chrissy

Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM
rs4steve

position gained not given back

dont u need a msa license to race in cc saloons?

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Mov00235-1.flv
Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM
MAD Ade
Advanced PassionFord User

One thing Simon is and that's a gentleman. He has proved this with his gesture to help towards the repair of Chrissies Pug. Who would normally do this in a 'racing incident'?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM
4x4

Originally Posted by Redkop
Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Funny how peoples opinions are based on who the driver is

If that was just a "bloke on the street " then you would all be saying he was a total wanker

because its one of the " tuner gods " then its just racing

If it was me he hit driving like a complete tosser then i think me and him would be having words in the pits ,

you can clearly see on the last video that these boys have no respect at all for the slower drivers on the track just totaly unacceptable IMO ,

Rant over ,,and wait for all the arse lickers to tell me im a cunt
So understeering at one corner = driving like a complete tosser? I'll remember that one, when I see all the cossies going off at trackdays. Not one of your most sensible posts Paul.

Yes, it was Simon's fault and he'll be the first to admit it, but how many 100s of other drivers make errors on trackdays? Not making excuses, but you don't know whether there was a spot of oil, debris or grass/mud on the track or even a fault with his car.
oh come on with the excuses.

look at the racelines the 2 evo's infront use, it was obvious that at that speed the norris evo would have to use the same line through there and it was obvious that the pug had to go through the same line too unless it jumped onto the grass

100% Evo drivers fault.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4

If that was just a "bloke on the street " then you would all be saying he was a total wanker

If it was me he hit driving like a complete tosser then i think me and him would be having words in the pits ,

you can clearly see on the last video that these boys have no respect at all for the slower drivers on the track just totaly unacceptable IMO ,

So understeering at one corner = driving like a complete tosser? I'll remember that one, when I see all the cossies going off at trackdays. Not one of your most sensible posts Paul.

Yes, it was Simon's fault and he'll be the first to admit it, but how many 100s of other drivers make errors on trackdays? Not making excuses, but you don't know whether there was a spot of oil, debris or grass/mud on the track or even a fault with his car.

look at the racelines the 2 evo's infront use, it was obvious that at that speed the norris evo would have to use the same line through there and it was obvious that the pug had to go through the same line too unless it jumped onto the grass

100% Evo drivers fault.
you really dont undestand racing then do you mate. if he had braked mid corner he wouldve hit the door/back of her spinning er off worse and possibly making the incedent worse. it was a racing incedent plain and simple.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

to Simon for taking the responsibility and helping the girl out. Like it should be but I guess not everyone would do it.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
4x4

Originally Posted by Bullett
Originally Posted by 4x4

100% Evo drivers fault.
you really dont undestand racing then do you mate. if he had braked mid corner he wouldve hit the door/back of her spinning er off worse and possibly making the incedent worse. it was a racing incedent plain and simple.
i know what i know but im not saying evo drver is a criminal or anything, just thats it's his fault.

it was a mistake and i know it happens especially when your trying to keep up with other fast cars with good drivers but i think he would have seen that pug from a bit further away and done things differently
Old 07-10-2007, 03:29 PM
rallycross

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that is very good of him to offer his appologies and even possibly some ŁŁ help if deemed to be at fault.

I've been racing / rallycrossing for a few years, have been involved in a few incidents, never ever heard anyone offering to help sort damage, a truely decent thing to offer, hats off to the man.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
blackerst
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by tabetha
Thank god it was a evo and not a cossie!!
tabetha
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
rs4steve

its a case of need to keep on blackstuff the other 2 evo's cut corner simon followed its a case of pushing very hard no room for any error,accident would have happened even if the lady in the 106 hadn't been there, some ruling over no cosworth's allowed in saloon group but evo;s are, i think its a case of putting evo's in next group up which i beleive is gt's and they are allowed to run on slicks which in turn will give more grip/ control or putting on cap on bhp level's for group say 400bhp
Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
jr

[quote="NORTH YORKS RS SPARES"]
For those that aren't on MLR... a reply by Simon.

Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone, feeling Ok if a little sore today!

Everyone has their own opinions on a situation based on experience and vision of the incident, whether it be from inside the car or on video afterwards.

Some facts for you though;

1) I think the accident was my fault, but at the time could not be avoided.

2) The first thing I did was ask the other girl how she was, apologised and shook her hand in the medics room.

3) I was not driving beyond my talent or ability. This was a bad racing incident for which I feel responsible.

4) Gary stopped me from overtaking him at the Esses one lap earlier when we touched side by side, I had the inside line and he had to take the grass. At this time I had gained a position by
virtue of me being in front into the corner on the inside. On the following lap I tried to out brake him on the outside instead and locked up meant me having to take to the grass. I ended up in front and did not know that I should yield this gained place, I held my hand up to appologise but did not know what was the correct etiquette. I have spoken with Gary about this and appologised.

5) I already stated to one of Chirssy's friends that if Castle Combe declare the accident my fault I would pay her Ł1000 towards her repair bill.

6) Something needs to be done about the differing speeds in this championship, no one has more of a right to be in it than another but the speed differential is dangerous.

Finally I will be back with another car next year and intend to silence all the people who say I can't drive and do my talking on the race track.

Cheers all and sorry to Chrissy!

Simon
[/quoty

YOU CANT FAULT THE MAN FOR THAT CAN YOU

The fact that he accepts it was his fault and offering to pay for most of the repairs is a very very nice thing to do

Total respect for both points
couldnt agree more
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by MAD Ade
One thing Simon is and that's a gentleman. He has proved this with his gesture to help towards the repair of Chrissies Pug. Who would normally do this in a 'racing incident'?
no hes said hes HES fault

THEN he says if coombe tell him its hes fault he will pay for the repairs

he KNOWS he caused the damage YET wants the officials to confirm before he pays out,,,, sorry but thats NOT a honorable,,,,,, thats a person whos not going to pay unless hes TOLD to
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Some people are so fucking stupid it amazes me!lol

Simon Norris does not have to pay a fucking penny as it occured on a race track during a race. You know a race, the thing you see on the TV sometimes, the same thing you see crashes caused by all sorts of things!

The man made a mistake which ended in completely destroying his car and causing in relative terms a small amount of damage to the other car - not to memtioned he has probably scared himself half to death!!

Fair play to him admitting fault and offering up some cash which most people would never consider doing!

As for the quality of driving that's something for Combe and the race orgainisers to question. If they feel there is a problem they should black flag the person(s) involved and take the appropriate action...!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by kaliber cossie
, accident would have happened even if the lady in the 106 hadn't been there,
yeah,,,,,, its HER fault for being in HES way whilst he drives like a tool

do you blame kids who walk across the road when someone knocks them over doing twice the speed limit also ???
Old 07-10-2007, 05:28 PM
bigad4x4

Has the link to the crash stoped working?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !

do you blame kids who walk across the road when someone knocks them over doing twice the speed limit also ???
yep,they shouldnt take thier mum serious when she says "go and play in the traffic!"
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

100% Evo's fault - If I was the pug driver after seeing that I'd be expecting some recompense..............
Old 08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
100% Evo's fault - If I was the pug driver after seeing that I'd be expecting some recompense..............
Why?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dannn
Some people are so fucking stupid it amazes me!lol

Simon Norris does not have to pay a fucking penny as it occured on a race track during a race. You know a race, the thing you see on the TV sometimes, the same thing you see crashes caused by all sorts of things!

The man made a mistake which ended in completely destroying his car and causing in relative terms a small amount of damage to the other car - not to memtioned he has probably scared himself half to death!!

Fair play to him admitting fault and offering up some cash which most people would never consider doing!

As for the quality of driving that's something for Combe and the race orgainisers to question. If they feel there is a problem they should black flag the person(s) involved and take the appropriate action...!
I thought that this was a track day, not a race. If so then alls fair in love and racing
Old 08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Has the Jury of paid and professional racing drivers decided if we are going to stone anyone yet.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:57 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Is a real shame l took this picture of it at Rally Day

Mike
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Adam_BlackRS
Ex Ford Man

In car video and more pics....

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-t...-pics-vid.html

Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I cant believe people are either so retarded or just plain blind.

It was a fucking saloon car RACE not a trackday.

It was a very minor collision as racing goes, just a tiny bit of understeer as the front wheels hit the grass, just ended quite spectacularly for him.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:59 AM
space hoppers

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Originally Posted by RS500
It looks like a racing accident.
From what i have seen he made contact whit red peugot and rolled his evo.
At least simon norris walked away.
The evo can be replaced.
A racing incident at a trackday?

How does that happen then?
it wasnt a track day dopy it was a race series he is in
Old 09-10-2007, 08:02 AM
space hoppers

Originally Posted by Ginge !
Originally Posted by MAD Ade
no hes said hes HES fault

THEN he says if coombe tell him its hes fault he will pay for the repairs

he KNOWS he caused the damage YET wants the officials to confirm before he pays out,,,, sorry but thats NOT a honorable,,,,,, thats a person whos not going to pay unless hes TOLD to
dont a prat mate would you offer the same as he does i very much doubt it
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Dannn

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
Why?
Yeah why - is it common pratice to pay other peoples damage caused on a race track during a race ?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 AM
tsutton

The driver of the Pug 106 is a woman.

So why are you calling "him" as the driver?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i acctually blame the track for it becouse of mixing 500+ bhp evos with 140 bhp 106's, who thinks of these silly ideas
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

the championship has to take some responsibility for that incident, the speed difference in the cars is too great, you wouldn't see a formula ford in an f1 race would you?
As it was a correct BRSCC organised event (presume it's them) he was totally in the right overtaking presume lapping the pug, he was just very very unlucky that he understeered into it, IMO he should just be warned about slower cars on track (as should all the drivers taking part) he is still a novice at racing as he had the yellow/black cross on the back of the car so should put it down to lack of experiance and sheer bad luck.

steve
Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

See the inside video did not think it was bad
BUT omfg thenm pics say a diffent story !!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:35 AM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It was a woman driver........need i say more?? pmsl

yes
she was probably doing her makeup
Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Are there any flags being waved from marshalls to warn of backmarkers that can be seen from the crash video?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

lol at all the BALLS written on this topic.

It was a race.

A crash happened

Big surprise? They happen every day in every race.

F1 - Touring cars - saloon champs - bike racing - rallying - rally cross and so on and on and on.

Please get back to having a go at each other over nothing rather than a crash on a race track.

Anyone want to argue about any other crashes they have seen recently?

lol.

RW
Old 09-10-2007, 11:52 AM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

After seeing the incar video you can see Chrissy driving the pug 106 has done the correct thing and moved left and off the racing line to allow the 3 faster evo's through but the last one has misjudged it and hit the pug 106 while she is keeping on the left of the right hand corner. So through no fault of her own and trying to keep out the way she's been hit.

IMO she should be offered help/money to repair her car. Why wouldnt she expect this, from that incar video you can see she has done nothing wrong!

Glad to see that after that massive crash that none was seriously hurt tho! that was a big one

Quick Reply: simon norris crash