General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

simon norris crash

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Originally Posted by Nick.
Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by Benni
Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
oh dear what a shame never mind..

Hope the 106 driver twatted him in the mush with some of the debris from his evo
Are you some sort of CUNT! Its a fucking accident
It's Cunts like him that would put me off going on a race track.
yeah a bit OTT
You think so.. it would be the first thing on my mind had it have been me in the 106.. (although you will never get me into a 106 )
Are you that fat? The 106 (gti) is actually a very good car.
Nah not fat.. just dislike peugeots.. Only really like the Peugeot 205 Gti and the T16
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Peugeots are great cars if you can ignore the french build quality either the 106 gti or 306 xsi/gti/dturbo! etc are fantastic cars to drive and should never be overlooked.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt J
why not? it will handle 10X better than anything FWD ford have made

I'm sure there were a few choice expletives but if you're in a race series then you accept the possibility of being in a large shunt, and you have to accept even more that you might be in a shunt that you werent at fault for.
Yes but you don't expect a shunt when your moving out the way for them and when the driver your moving for is 'supposed' to be expierenced
Everyone makes mistakes.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS
Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Originally Posted by RS500
It looks like a racing accident.
From what i have seen he made contact whit red peugot and rolled his evo.
At least simon norris walked away.
The evo can be replaced.
A racing incident at a trackday?

How does that happen then?
Wasnt a trackday today Chip / Nash.
Part of the saloon car championship ..

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/ttentry061007.pdf
Ah, apologies for my assumption then to all concerned.

106 and evos there at once just made it seem that way.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:29 AM
edd
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if there was a cool wall for crashes this would be in the fridge.

excellent
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Funny how peoples opinions are based on who the driver is

If that was just a "bloke on the street " then you would all be saying he was a total wanker

because its one of the " tuner gods " then its just racing

If it was me he hit driving like a complete tosser then i think me and him would be having words in the pits ,

you can clearly see on the last video that these boys have no respect at all for the slower drivers on the track just totaly unacceptable IMO ,

Rant over ,,and wait for all the arse lickers to tell me im a cunt
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank god it was a evo and not a cossie!!
tabetha
Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

If that was just a "bloke on the street " then you would all be saying he was a total wanker

If it was me he hit driving like a complete tosser then i think me and him would be having words in the pits ,

you can clearly see on the last video that these boys have no respect at all for the slower drivers on the track just totaly unacceptable IMO ,

So understeering at one corner = driving like a complete tosser? I'll remember that one, when I see all the cossies going off at trackdays. Not one of your most sensible posts Paul.

Yes, it was Simon's fault and he'll be the first to admit it, but how many 100s of other drivers make errors on trackdays? Not making excuses, but you don't know whether there was a spot of oil, debris or grass/mud on the track or even a fault with his car.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop

So understeering at one corner = driving like a complete tosser? I'll remember that one, when I see all the cossies going off at trackdays. Not one of your most sensible posts Paul.

Yes, it was Simon's fault and he'll be the first to admit it, but how many 100s of other drivers make errors on trackdays? Not making excuses, but you don't know whether there was a spot of oil, debris or grass/mud on the track or even a fault with his car.

have you seen this video Lynne.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Mov00235-1.flv

thats wat Paul was getting at.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:14 AM
AlexD
Post Miester !

oops
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

When it said it was the "old evo 6 Rss" car...anyone know if that was Richard Morse's old car?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM
MarkTurbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Yeah, there absolutely must have been a blade of grass on the track

Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Toymota
cossie_mikes biatch

why does everyone on this site think they are an expert at everything and think they are always right?? a bit silly really.....
Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

That is a HUGE accident!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Looks like an unfortunate and nasty accident for all involved. Yes you got to feel more sorry for the pug driver naturally, as there was nothing she could have done to avoid it really.

How people can call him a 'c#nt' is ridiculous though, ok if it was a track day then maybe, but to say he cant drive because of an accident is just daft. Pro's crash and make poor judgements too you know, let alone amateurs.

So what happens as regards repairs or insurance for these kind of accidents then. Obviously the RIGHT thing to do would be to have the pug repaired at his cost, well thats what id do, but as its actually a 'race' then i assume its a repair your own type of thing?

Glad everyones ok though, and you got to respect him for asking if the driver was ok the second he got out.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad everyone is OK, could of been much worse - especially if that fence wasn't there.

Got to say though, that series of pictures is cracking and Simon is sooo going to have that up on his wall
Old 07-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Redkop

MarkTurbo

Asshole

S1rst

No-one is liable for any damage caused to other cars. It's a chance you take when racing or doing trackdays.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Glad everyone is OK, could of been much worse - especially if that fence wasn't there.

Got to say though, that series of pictures is cracking and Simon is sooo going to have that up on his wall
Yeah, something to be well proud of
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4

Exactly Dave

And then people try to defend him
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by smidsy
Originally Posted by St3V3_C

Yeah, something to be well proud of
Getting out of it alive is something to be thankful for - that's all.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4

Exactly Dave

And then people try to defend him
As regards this video, if he gains an advantage by going off track, he should let them past or be penalised? I wonder if that happened on the day? Anyone know?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 AM
MarkTurbo

MarkTurbo

Asshole
Thanks Have i hit a nerve or something

Looks like as well as having the brown stuff on your nose you've got it in your eyes too, it was a race not a trackday
Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Jasesapphy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

On a trackday it would be bang out of order as we all know the rules, in a race situation he was on the racing line it understeered, unluckly there was a car there and contact made, yes he made a bad judgement / mistake, but who doesnt, even the highest paid drivers do that in F1, Rallying or touring cars life im affraid.

Yes big accident and im glad no one is injured, Simon will live to fight another day even if the evo wont.

As for paying for repairs, if your on track then you take your chance, even on trackdays,

Yes big accident, no ones fault in my opinion, but it does go to show the problems having fast and slow cars together on track, i do believe cars of equal (ish) power / lap times should be on track because there would be a massive difference i imagine between the pug and evo.

I bet that evo was running 1:15s and the Pug closer to 1:30s, just to much difference

Glad everyone is ok though

Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Toymota
cossie_mikes biatch

your all to quick to judge whether it be good or bad!!

sorry, i forgot, your all experts arent you
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Jasesapphy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

as for the chicane incident, people are assuming he delibratly missed the chicane to over take the other car, he may of relised he wasnt going to make the chicane so took the escape road. (which is what coombe encourage to do) if your not going to make it, end up causing a bigger accident trying to make it then dont

I dont know simon, im not a brown noser, or do i worry him about been a tuning god, just saying what i see
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jasesapphy
as for the chicane incident, people are assuming he delibratly missed the chicane to over take the other car, he may of relised he wasnt going to make the chicane so took the escape road. (which is what coombe encourage to do) if your not going to make it, end up causing a bigger accident trying to make it then dont
Exactly mate, i dont think for one minute that he did that to gain an advantage as dont the rules state you have to let them past again or be penalised.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
kenny_ka

looked like quite an adrenaline rush
Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

oh very nasty and scary crash
Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

i think people need to realise that this was ACTUAL RACING not a trcak day.
if that was a track day i'd happily say simon was a complete plank for doing that.
i dont know simon from adam,and as far as being a top tuner goes?not fussed as im not an evo owner so no reason to arse lick,but the actual accident was just that imo.the pug did its duty and moved over,fair play.the evo's were going hammer and tong,and if people look the first evo does lose front end grip too but as he was further up the corner he slides in front of the pug and the 2nd evo follows.you will never have true grip with any wheels on the grass.unfortunately by the time simon probaly realised that he werent gonna be able to steer it round it was too late.
i feel sorry for the pug driver but imo an honest heat of racing mistake that was costly but lucky they survived.

as for the esse's camera shots,well as it was concentrated on the front two evo's you cant really see what simon was up to behind,until he comes into shot at the corner on the escape road.but he still couldve of been being a dick for all i know

some people on here really need to access things before cunting people off.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

All that "twat the cunt" stuff sucks, if you just total your 20-30k of car and then some monkey comes and gives you stick thats shit. Even if your at fault, its not like your gonna do it on purpose is it ?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by MarkTurbo
MarkTurbo

Asshole
Thanks Have i hit a nerve or something

Looks like as well as having the brown stuff on your nose you've got it in your eyes too, it was a race not a trackday
Oh and I spose you are a guru about racedays and trackdays... right? What's your experience, other than from being a keyboard warrior. What didn't you understand what I put about Simon being to blame - eh? I know it was a raceday you halfwit. What constructive contribution have you made to this thread.... other than troll

So have one of these
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if you watch his in car footage hes nearly got all four wheels on the grass and you wonder why he understeered and he was only on lap 3 surely the tyres wouldnt have been up to full temp so shouldnt have been driving like a cock .
but at the end of the day is a race series and you know the risks involved.
"motorsport is dangerous and everything is at your own risk" is what it usually says on any motorsport event ive been too.
hopefully she took out competition insurance for it
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

rubbings racing

seriously tho he is racing to win which is way different from a trackday,racing incident,race officials will decide if he was at fault not internet "pro racers".

his first concern was for the other drivers condition,thats the main thing.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
boXXer
GASH!

fucking hell! that Evo had some serious air!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Very well put.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Redkop

For those that aren't on MLR... a reply by Simon.

Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone, feeling Ok if a little sore today!

Everyone has their own opinions on a situation based on experience and vision of the incident, whether it be from inside the car or on video afterwards.

Some facts for you though;

1) I think the accident was my fault, but at the time could not be avoided.

2) The first thing I did was ask the other girl how she was, apologised and shook her hand in the medics room.

3) I was not driving beyond my talent or ability. This was a bad racing incident for which I feel responsible.

4) Gary stopped me from overtaking him at the Esses one lap earlier when we touched side by side, I had the inside line and he had to take the grass. At this time I had gained a position by
virtue of me being in front into the corner on the inside. On the following lap I tried to out brake him on the outside instead and locked up meant me having to take to the grass. I ended up in front and did not know that I should yield this gained place, I held my hand up to appologise but did not know what was the correct etiquette. I have spoken with Gary about this and appologised.

5) I already stated to one of Chirssy's friends that if Castle Combe declare the accident my fault I would pay her £1000 towards her repair bill.

6) Something needs to be done about the differing speeds in this championship, no one has more of a right to be in it than another but the speed differential is dangerous.

Finally I will be back with another car next year and intend to silence all the people who say I can't drive and do my talking on the race track.

Cheers all and sorry to Chrissy!

Simon
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

I have come back this morning and seen it was actually a race meet...fair enough, pity it happened, theses things do, I retract my earlier comment.

IF it had been a trackday, my earlier comment still stands!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone, feeling Ok if a little sore today!

Everyone has their own opinions on a situation based on experience and vision of the incident, whether it be from inside the car or on video afterwards.

2) The first thing I did was ask the other girl how she was, apologised and shook her hand in the medics room.

3) I was not driving beyond my talent or ability. This was a bad racing incident for which I feel responsible.

4) Gary stopped me from overtaking him at the Esses one lap earlier when we touched side by side, I had the inside line and he had to take the grass. At this time I had gained a position by
virtue of me being in front into the corner on the inside. On the following lap I tried to out brake him on the outside instead and locked up meant me having to take to the grass. I ended up in front and did not know that I should yield this gained place, I held my hand up to appologise but did not know what was the correct etiquette. I have spoken with Gary about this and appologised.

5) I already stated to one of Chirssy's friends that if Castle Combe declare the accident my fault I would pay her £1000 towards her repair bill.

6) Something needs to be done about the differing speeds in this championship, no one has more of a right to be in it than another but the speed differential is dangerous.

Finally I will be back with another car next year and intend to silence all the people who say I can't drive and do my talking on the race track.

Simon
I'm not a massive fan of Norris' (im sure he'll be gutted about that )

However, Point 6 is spot on. Point 5 is very nice considering. Point 4 sounds like an excuse. And tbh Point 3 is wrong. Which isn't as much of a criticism as it sounds. EVERYBODY fucks up from time to time regardless of how much talent they have. See Shanghai today for an example! So Im not going to stick the boot in like some with "should of killed him with the wreckeage of his car" type comments.

But ultimately. Racing is Racing as so long as noboidy gets hurt then that's all that matters.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

[quote="Redkop"]For those that aren't on MLR... a reply by Simon.

Simon
[/quoty

YOU CANT FAULT THE MAN FOR THAT CAN YOU

The fact that he accepts it was his fault and offering to pay for most of the repairs is a very very nice thing to do

Total respect for both points
Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Jasesapphy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so i was right then

Quick Reply: simon norris crash