General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

official hamilton post!!! well driven dude

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
he is good, dont get me wrong.. but for RAW talent, better racecraft there drivers out there who were better

it really dilutes F1 for me having this guy do so well, when in karting i didnt rate him compared to other drivers at the time!!

like i said he coudlnt win the british Junior Intercontinental kart championsip

so a series called MACLAREN mercedes champs of the future was created

funnily enough thats the same people who have paid for his raciong for ten years,, NONE of the big boys of british karting participated as it was a gimmick.... 13 drivers in his class, and he won... and it was televised

as his whole career has been about being high profile!!

i wouldnt be ranting so much if he had won british after british karting championships!! but he didnt

ill give him hi sdue tho. He won the 2000 European Formula A champiosnhip (in affect the GP2 of karting) when he moved into

Formula Super A ( the F1 of karting) he got his ARSE CAINED, by some really fantasitc racing driverS
who gives a fuck about karting. we all change our skillsets with age. some im guessing are brilliant to start of with and tail off. lewis wouldnt be were he is now if he didnt have IMMENSE talent.

so i say again to you lot going on about karts this and that. did you actually watch the kid on sunday? if your little poor kids were that good they still would of stuck out and been sponsored. your all full of shit

he is no 1 driver currently in the top motor racing series in the world and out performing the twice world champion
Old 02-10-2007, 08:30 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
he is good, dont get me wrong.. but for RAW talent, better racecraft there drivers out there who were better

it really dilutes F1 for me having this guy do so well, when in karting i didnt rate him compared to other drivers at the time!!

funnily enough thats the same people who have paid for his raciong for ten years,, NONE of the big boys of british karting participated as it was a gimmick.... 13 drivers in his class, and he won... and it was televised

i wouldnt be ranting so much if he had won british after british karting championships!! but he didnt

ill give him hi sdue tho. He won the 2000 European Formula A champiosnhip (in affect the GP2 of karting) when he moved into

Formula Super A ( the F1 of karting) he got his ARSE CAINED, by some really fantasitc racing driverS
who gives a fuck about karting. we all change our skillsets with age. some im guessing are brilliant to start of with and tail off. lewis wouldnt be were he is now if he didnt have IMMENSE talent.

so i say again to you lot going on about karts this and that. did you actually watch the kid on sunday? if your little poor kids were that good they still would of stuck out and been sponsored. your all full of shit

he is no 1 driver currently in the top motor racing series in the world and out performing the twice world champion
ffs, his dad was a good business man and put him in the right place at the right time. these kids didnt tail off, they continually whooped his ass

lewis did well, in maclarens home made championship which had 13 drivers in

and has had many years experoance in single seaters, he has used this opportunity better than anyone in the world could. good luck to him

i watched sunday, he led from start to finish apart from pitstops

kimi came from the back to 3rd

think kimi would have whooped him if he had started where he qualified
Old 02-10-2007, 08:39 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

ffs, his dad was a good business man and put him in the right place at the right time. these kids didnt tail off, they continually whooped his ass

and has had many years experoance in single seaters, he has used this opportunity better than anyone in the world could. good luck to him

On friday mornings they all start off the same place........how many times has Kimi beaten him in 15 races?

Why cant you take it you fucking ferarri loving gom?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
stonehavencossie

you say hamiton is overated but love kimi so much

I personally think your full of shite
Old 02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Old 02-10-2007, 08:50 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i

On friday mornings they all start off the same place........how many times has Kimi beaten him in 15 races?

not ferrari lover, im into drivers not teams, now always follwed m schu, and raikkonen... he ran on the same chassis as i did in karting..

now when lewis came into formula one, it pissed me off, because it was handed on a plate, NOT DONE ON MERIT

and as i know personally many drivers who are better drivers.. it dilutes the world of formula one for me, which is for the BEST OF THE BEST, and in my opinion a good driver has been gifted a chance..an AMAZING CHANCE, and is doing well.. very well.. what does that say for everyone else

he has adapted well, but has had the best support for ten years, WHO WOULDNT do well..

shame alot of talent has been lost.. but it happens in all sports...

IF i knew AS LITTLE as you about lewis hamilton, I TOO may have been a major supporter and think how wondeful he is
Old 02-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

of course Hamilton has got his drive on merit

if Ron Dennis didn't think he was good enough to drive an F1 car he wouldn't be driving one would he?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:55 PM
It's Czech Mate

not ferrari lover, im into drivers not teams, now always follwed m schu, and raikkonen... he ran on the same chassis as i did in karting..

now when lewis came into formula one, it pissed me off, because it was handed on a plate, NOT DONE ON MERIT

and as i know personally many drivers who are better drivers.. it dilutes the world of formula one for me, which is for the BEST OF THE BEST, and in my opinion a good driver has been gifted a chance..an AMAZING CHANCE, and is doing well.. very well.. what does that say for everyone else

he has adapted well, but has had the best support for ten years, WHO WOULDNT do well..

IF i knew AS LITTLE as you about lewis hamilton, I TOO may have been a major supporter and think how wondeful he is
PLenty of drivers have had similar levels of support......all Lewis can do is make the most of the position he has engineered for himself, which he's doing. If Kimi was better, he'd be winning. He lacks application and technical know how............all part of being the complete driver. Its a well known fact in the F1 paddock. But seeing as you had a brief failure of a Karting career 7 years ago I guess you can talk down to the rest of us about it
Old 02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
stonehavencossie

your repeating yourself half wit

you personally know many people that are better drivers than the current f1 championship leader

my fucking arse, your stuck in the past mate, get over it

just cause he got out raced a bit when he was a nipper doesnt mean that them who beat him would be better in formula 1. your logic is that of a bafoon.

I was top of my class at school but am stuck in a regular IT job whilst who i though were dim wits have gone onto better things

its not just his speed that has out him top of the standings he mentally seems unstopable
Old 02-10-2007, 09:01 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez

if Ron Dennis didn't think he was good enough to drive an F1 car he wouldn't be driving one would he?
what?? he was like 11 odd years old... and drove well, as did evbery kid his age... you guys really need to know the conversation that happened all those years ago

he is not in F1 on merit, he has had all his racing paid for him, and man its taken him some time to get there and be ready for it!!

ok he is 22.. but 6 years of single seater racing is a long time, most guys who take that long never make it

kimi did it on merit, never had any money... no one paid for his racing growing up
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
stonehavencossie

Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez

what?? he was like 11 odd years old... and drove well, as did evbery kid his age... you guys really need to know the conversation that happened all those years ago

he is not in F1 on merit, he has had all his racing paid for him, and man its taken him some time to get there and be ready for it!!

ok he is 22.. but 6 years of single seater racing is a long time, most guys who take that long never make it

kimi did it on merit, never had any money... no one paid for his racing growing up
im almost crying with laughter listening to you

dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole !!!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PLenty of drivers have had similar levels of support......all Lewis can do is make the most of the position he has engineered for himself, which he's doing. If Kimi was better, he'd be winning. He lacks application and technical know how............all part of being the complete driver. Its a well known fact in the F1 paddock. But seeing as you had a brief failure of a Karting career 7 years ago I guess you can talk down to the rest of us about it
your dumb,

i never failed at karting you silly fuck....i didnt have 100k to spend a year

i still won many races... and i never stopped 7 years ago so stop jumping to conclusions

your an assumptuous, immature person

yes your right lewis had doen fanatsically with this opportunity and has adapted and learnt well, more than anyone who knows him can imagine.. i am for one amazed, just makes me wonder what these other guys ''could'' have done...
Old 02-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what?? he was like 11 odd years old... and drove well, as did evbery kid his age... you guys really need to know the conversation that happened all those years ago [/quote]

and i suppose you were there to hear this conversation then?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

your repeating yourself half wit

you personally know many people that are better drivers than the current f1 championship leader

my fucking arse, your stuck in the past mate, get over it

just cause he got out raced a bit when he was a nipper doesnt mean that them who beat him would be better in formula 1. your logic is that of a bafoon.

I was top of my class at school but am stuck in a regular IT job whilst who i though were dim wits have gone onto better things

its not just his speed that has out him top of the standings he mentally seems unstopable
and what your saying is true bout lewis

HE MAY NOT BE THE best but was in the right place at the right time and new the RIGHT people just like you DIDNT in IT
Old 02-10-2007, 09:08 PM
It's Czech Mate

Kimi this Kimi that......

Why worship the eternal loser. It shows that he rushed himself...Lewis appeared ready to destroy the world when he was mentaly and technically able......perhaps some of the other drivers who rushed their development years could have taken a leaf out of his book

Preparation is the key to doing any job well

Didnt your dad teach you that?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
silverfox999
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Am getting real bored now.

Kimi is doing real well this year, probably due to Mclaren nicking half their car while they were looking the other way. Because its official now, McLaren cheated against Ferrari (?)

Hamilton then came in with all the suits a few years ago and told everyone to look the other way while they made up there own karting series....which he won.

Then, he ensconced himself in the McLaren number 2 seat and somehow - jeez it cant be because of talent can it - he manages to get on top of the drivers table and beat the double world champ.

Based on the above Hamilton is proper shite!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

haha yeah dad may of, you will never know

kimi almost won the 2003 championship

and he also drove very well in his first and 2nd years in f1

and would have annihilated alonso in 2004 if his car didnt fail 6 times when he was beating alonso

not to mention the amount of times he was penalised 10 places for engine failures in qualifying.. he outclassed alonso big time

and alonso didnt deserve last year, was michaels year really but lets not go offtopic with that!!

Carl
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Plenty of drivers have had similar levels of support......all Lewis can do is make the most of the position he has engineered for himself, which he's doing. If Kimi was better, he'd be winning. He lacks application and technical know how............all part of being the complete driver. Its a well known fact in the F1 paddock. But seeing as you had a brief failure of a Karting career 7 years ago I guess you can talk down to the rest of us about it
TBH anyone that gets to F1 these days has had massive support. I believe the figure quoted was $4M.

I personally believe (and dammit you're ALL wrong btw ) That Kimi is the best natural ability driver on the grid today. However he is fundamentally a simple bloke (by which I don't mean intellectually but straightfoward) He goes racing because he loves it. Everything else (professionally speaking) is of little consequence to him. The sponsor comitments, the Press calls, the interviews. Even to a degree pounding round Jerez for hours at a time. Kimi strikes me as happy to win 1 title then disappear off to enjoy his millions racing Karts for fun.

Lewis on the other hand is the opposite. Hes got great talent make no mistake but his career has been guided very well by one of the best F1 managers ever! Ron Dennis and Martin Whitmarsh have made him the complete package. Everything a F1 driver should be. Able to tolerate everything Kimi dislikes. Lewis could easily of fallen off the rails years ago but his (and his families) dedication have earned him the right to be here right now (hopefully) about to win the WDC.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:14 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nice comment rich_w, the most mature comment all evening.

i never once said lewis was shite, i just said its all been made easy for him, stick him in a spyker i say..

i think kubica has more raw talent than lewis personally
Old 02-10-2007, 09:16 PM
It's Czech Mate

nice comment rich_w, the most mature comment all evening.

i never once said lewis was shite, i just said its all been made easy for him, stick him in a spyker i say..

i think kubica has more raw talent than lewis personally
Based on what???? FPMSL Kubica has made more unforced errors than Hamilton

Its not all about raw pace, that is only half of it. Controll, agression, patience and technical ability/understanding/sympathy are all factors that make up a modern F1 driver. At the present Hamilton is the most complete F1 driver.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes in a way i agree, he is VERY complete. i rekon we should get my gran

give her 4million and ron dennis and his peoples support, give her the best car and see how she does
JOKE
Old 03-10-2007, 12:03 AM
maxrs16
Banned

Hamilton is wining the title because he adapted to the car better and quicker than Alonso and kimi probably because he wasn't used to another f1 car but the second half of the season both Alonso and kimi have been better drivers in my opinion Hamilton looks good when hes in front not so good behind a few cars
Old 03-10-2007, 06:47 AM
edd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lewis appeared ready to destroy the world when he was mentaly and technically able......
was that before alonso said no more setups for you and slimy cunt LH lost the next three races?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

3 disticntly differnt camsp here
those pro lh
those against lh
and those who say well done

i didn't get caught up in the fluster that was his debut, but i will admit that i was surprised that he did so well in his first few races, all the conversation was that he was a humble little lad who's dad had worked 3 jobs to support him through his karting so that he could catch the eye of soemone big in the motor racing world

and then, almost without warning, he went on the offensive against the press for "hounding him out of britain"
wtf?
why couldn't he just admit that he didn't want to pay half his money to the tax man so he was moving somewhere else?

then there was the fairly public dust up with ron when he jumped the lap and put the pisser on alonoso (grumpy fuck that he is just got pissed off even more)

this led to all sorts of talk and it turned me from being someone who thought "go on you rookie, give it some stick and see what happens, it's your first year, experience etc" to someone who began to think "he's not doing what he's told to do, ther might be a hundred reasons why he was told to hang on, and in f1, those reasons WILL come out so lets hope he's not the sort who thinks his shit don't stink"

and then he went further by saying he was in paris to "support the team" when he was actually there because he was due to give evidence

at least when schumaker was being a cunt he admitted to being a cunt to beat the other guy, and all his shenanigans on the track were limited to just that, shenanigans on the track, a punt here, a punt there, a fuck up in silverstone, etc and not done while putting on the snow white bashful innocent while secretly behaving like donny turette backstage when the camera's were off

and the more i think about it, the more i find myself comparing him to mom from futurama

yes he's got talent, but i think he's WAY WAY over his head when he thinks he's got enough clout to do what he wants when he wants to, he's no senna/prost/schumaker who had so much extraordinary talent they could leave half of it behind when they went racing and the media hype surround him has risen to unbelievable levels of brown nosing that he's been elevated into that position that was vacated by princess diana (but that's another story altogether about how the media manipulate the readership)

everyone learns at a different level, and his karting might have been his way of learnign everything before he went on to the rest of his career with a fair bit of experience in how things worked
Old 03-10-2007, 09:13 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

What happened to Mike Spencer? Thought he got through to Formula Renault? I'd have stuck with racing rather than R5 GTT tuning

Z