General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

official hamilton post!!! well driven dude

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Totally disagree with the people claiming kimi is a better natural talent than hamilton.

Yes hamilton has been 'moulded' and got everything on a plate for one reason. He had talent from the start and was always gonna be a world champion.

Yes hes got one of the fastest cars but what has impressed me is his coolness under pressure and out and out balls.

So many times the other drivers have tried to bully him out of the way. It was clear from the usa gp (i think) where he held off alosno on the straight that this guy meant business.

The way some of you fellow brits slag him and make excuses for his success is shocking

Good luck hamilton. Either way im proud your flying the flag

id say thats a good coment he must have shown natural talent when a kid for a big f1 team to show interest
Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally disagree with the people claiming kimi is a better natural talent than hamilton.

Yes hamilton has been 'moulded' and got everything on a plate for one reason. He had talent from the start and was always gonna be a world champion.

Yes hes got one of the fastest cars but what has impressed me is his coolness under pressure and out and out balls.

So many times the other drivers have tried to bully him out of the way. It was clear from the usa gp (i think) where he held off alosno on the straight that this guy meant business.

The way some of you fellow brits slag him and make excuses for his success is shocking

bollox, every fuckin nine year old in a kart has got potential, was a fuckin marketing thing from the start... his dad even said so in-front of others...

there was loads of better kart racers when lewis was growing up..

regarding the lewis 6 years thing, WTF 14 year old f1 driver what you on mate?

taken him 6 years as he wasnt ready untill now. says alot really...he is currently 22
Old 02-10-2007, 10:19 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl

bollox, every fuckin nine year old in a kart has got potential, was a fuckin marketing thing from the start... his dad even said so in-front of others...

taken him 6 years as he wasnt ready untill now. says alot really...he is currently 22
It says fuck all...because no one else has come in and performed as well in their first year...so you have NOTHING to comapare it to.
Every F1 driver has raced since they were small so your 'grooming' argument doesnt cut any ice. Senna had he most amazing support as did Schumacher, Vielleneuve, Hill, Prost......etc etc. Granted Lewis has probably the best car.....BUT.....he has had to beat his team mate, the two time incumbent World Champion! You cant argue about it, just because you dont like him and you like Ferarri.....just fucking deal with it. The championchip doesnt lie after 17 races against your teamate
Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

what utter crap you speak. prick
Old 02-10-2007, 11:04 AM
It's Czech Mate

I have discovered Xr2i Carls problem

Its sour grapes over his own failed Karting Career http://www.carlbiggsracing.co.uk/

It could have been you...................if you'd have had the talent
Old 02-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and where are they? granted, there maybe an element of who you know not what you know... but if they're better, surely they should be in F1 too?

try reading the post. like I said, is there an age limit to getting a license to race F1? If so it's unlikely he could have done it 6 years ago is it?

e2a: also, at the next race, all he has to do is drive round behind alonso, as long as someone else is in 1st already. now that would be funny.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i think a lot of people are missing the point here
lewis will be compared to schumacker yes, but you could never have the 2 of them compared side by side because they won't race each other over the course of a season
and if the greatest (arguably) driver of recent times isn't racing anymore, then that leaves everyone else to show off what they can do

and at the moment, lewis is at the top of the pile and regardless of the way he's got there, he's not alonoso, yet
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

bollox, every fuckin nine year old in a kart has got potential, was a fuckin marketing thing from the start...
Fucking idiot

Mclaren clearly cheated so if Lewis does win the championship it will be slighted tainted... I also did not like the way he did not allow Alonso to pass in qualifying and therefore STARTED the whole bad feeling thing in the team that led to the pit lane Fiasco

BUT BUT BUT.... he has beaten a very good and two time world champion in Fernando Alonso IN THE SAME CAR, he has should skill, nerve and has been shown to be a real racer. He has certainly added to my enjoyment of F1 with his balls out racing and commitment.

This is his rookie year... the guy is THE BOLLOCKS and he is BRITISH!!!

The end.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

no matter how good he is or isn't, i'm sure that some people will think that the colour of his skin has had a bearing on his career
Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Lewis father states that not feeding his ego is the reason he constantly states other are better than him which ensures Lewis keeps focused. It is the same reason that his father took a celebration glass of wine of him after this race and stated 'we have nothing to celebrate, we can still loose the championship' even though it looks unlikely.

Everyone believes that's Lewis has had some major advantage and to clarify this all you need to do is compare him against another such as Heikki_Kovalainen another driver who entered Formula 1 this year with the World Championship team which ensures he has the best pit lane box and great support with a great team...
The thing with Heikki_Kovalainen is that after karting he used Renault power at every step along the way to Formula 1 as he was picked up by the Renault Driver Development programme..

Now unlike Lewis who had his motorsport costs supported by Mclaren its a known and well established fact that Heikki_Kovalainen also earnt a wage from his entire program which in effect blows away the silver spoon theory regarding Lewis.

Now considering that Heikki_Kovalainen has used Renault Powered cars throughout his career and has been in his program a year longer than lewis and joined the current World Championship Team you must be able to compare him to lewis
.................. and how do the results compare

You can actually compare these two as the routes and support are similar, it says alot really...both these came into F1 at the same time and both had support of a championship Winning F1 team.
Only one won GP2 championship, Only one Won F3 championship.... guess what it was not Heikki_Kovalainen

The results spoke in the lower formula's and they speak now.

Tell me im wrong
Old 02-10-2007, 01:27 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Heikki Kovalainen did win the 'race of champions' a few years ago, beating Michael Schumacher in the process (not that this is a major championship or anything, but may be some measure of a driver's talent as it pitches them against each other in various types of identical machinery)
Old 02-10-2007, 01:29 PM
stonehavencossie

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
no matter how good he is or isn't, i'm sure that some people will think that the colour of his skin has had a bearing on his career
what ?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

stonehavencossie i know you're from north of the border, but surely you can read english?

the first black driver (especially one that can be made a champion) is a big step to improving the popularity of F1 in the USA

not saying that is what is happening, and definately not saying that he does not deserve to be there as he does. i rate him.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
stonehavencossie

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
stonehavencossie i know you're from north of the border, but surely you can read english?

the first black driver (especially one that can be made a champion) is a big step to improving the popularity of F1 in the USA

not saying that is what is happening, and definately not saying that he does not deserve to be there as he does. i rate him.
north of the border but 100% english here

so your telling me he's been manufactured caused hes black ?

far fetched crap IMO
Old 02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

i'm not saying that he is, but he could be
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

I don't think I have heard Lewis colour mentioned anywhere at all TBH, in fact it didn't even enter in it for me (is his Mum white as he looks fairer in colour than his Dad). He may well have had a lucky break being schooled by McClaren, but regardless I think he must've had talent to be noticed in the first place and has still performed greatly for being a rookie

Z
Old 02-10-2007, 02:57 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

it wasn't explicitly mentioned at the US GP, but it was heavily implied - certainly during the interviews that i saw with various guests on martin brundle's pit walk

and although i'm not saying it has happened, i am also not naive enough to believe that it couldn't have
Old 02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

matt you talk bollox, i did well in karting won many races, and i never raced lewis hamilton... i have raced people who did race him tho

he had FAR FAR much more money to throw at it than i did!!! thanks to maclaren

im not pissed off beause of my failings, i never failed. with our budget we did VERY well thanks..

im gutted for guys i know, who actually raced lewis who also had 100k a year budgets to go racing, and who beat him all the time who have been lost and/or struggling to fund racing now!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Graham S1
and where are they? granted, there maybe an element of who you know not what you know... but if they're better, surely they should be in F1 too?

try reading the post. like I said, is there an age limit to getting a license to race F1? If so it's unlikely he could have done it 6 years ago is it?

e2a: also, at the next race, all he has to do is drive round behind alonso, as long as someone else is in 1st already. now that would be funny.
people like mike spencer, was very good in junior and senior bristish karting, as was mike conway etc, i can name many, who were better racers than lewis... lewis had his seat kept warm for him for many years and was garunteed... DAVIDE FORE is a sensational racign driver, but didnt want to risk his 70k odd a year wage for racing a kart to spend 400k a year doing formula 3 with a risk of not making it to f1
Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what im saying is, good talented drivers dont need 6 Years of single seaters, like alonso, sch and kimi raikkonen didnt!!!!!!!!

lewis did, cuz he wasnt up2 it 3 odd years ago
Old 02-10-2007, 04:07 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

matt you talk bollox, i did well in karting won many races, and i never raced lewis hamilton... i have raced people who did race him tho

im not pissed off beause of my failings, i never failed. with our budget we did VERY well thanks..

im gutted for guys i know, who actually raced lewis who also had 100k a year budgets to go racing, and who beat him all the time who have been lost and/or struggling to fund racing now!!!
Sorry , but this just sounds like sour grapes to me. I watched a history of Hamiltons career, and I have to say that his talent was demonstrable at each and every stage. The fact that he had backing was good luck, but essentially, McLaren have single handedly proved in this season that they backed the right horse.

He beat everyone on a wet track in the worst conditions, and on a track that none of them had raced on before. He also was the fastest in practice, and qualified pole!

Just what has the guy gotta do to prove himself to you?

Frankly, I would suggest that you are being unrealistic in your critisism because of your assessment on how he got to where he is. Frankly, if your mates didnt get the money then there was probably a reason for it -

If you really cannot see talent in Hamilton given his performance all season against the world champion in the same car, then the problem lies with you, and not hamilton.

JJ
Old 02-10-2007, 04:10 PM
It's Czech Mate

what im saying is, good talented drivers dont need 6 Years of single seaters, like alonso, sch and kimi raikkonen didnt!!!!!!!!

lewis did, cuz he wasnt up2 it 3 odd years ago
Senna had a good few years of single seaters.....and plenty more experience before he won in F1, as did Schumacher.........Kimi is yet to win fuck all
Old 02-10-2007, 04:13 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

he is good, dont get me wrong.. but for RAW talent, better racecraft there drivers out there who were better

it really dilutes F1 for me having this guy do so well, when in karting i didnt rate him compared to other drivers at the time!!

like i said he coudlnt win the british Junior Intercontinental kart championsip

so a series called MACLAREN mercedes champs of the future was created

funnily enough thats the same people who have paid for his raciong for ten years,, NONE of the big boys of british karting participated as it was a gimmick.... 13 drivers in his class, and he won... and it was televised

as his whole career has been about being high profile!!

i wouldnt be ranting so much if he had won british after british karting championships!! but he didnt

ill give him hi sdue tho. He won the 2000 European Formula A champiosnhip (in affect the GP2 of karting) when he moved into

Formula Super A ( the F1 of karting) he got his ARSE CAINED, by some really fantasitc racing driverS
Old 02-10-2007, 04:22 PM
It's Czech Mate

he is good, dont get me wrong.. but for RAW talent, better racecraft there drivers out there who were better

it really dilutes F1 for me having this guy do so well, when in karting i didnt rate him compared to other drivers at the time!!

funnily enough thats the same people who have paid for his raciong for ten years,, NONE of the big boys of british karting participated as it was a gimmick.... 13 drivers in his class, and he won... and it was televised

i wouldnt be ranting so much if he had won british after british karting championships!! but he didnt

ill give him hi sdue tho. He won the 2000 European Formula A champiosnhip (in affect the GP2 of karting) when he moved into

Formula Super A ( the F1 of karting) he got his ARSE CAINED, by some really fantasitc racing driverS
Ayrton Senna never won the World Champs at Karting either or did that well in world series....was he shit?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:25 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i

Ayrton Senna never won the World Champs at Karting either or did that well in world series....was he shit?
no but he came 2nd a few times. man terry fullerton had the same talent as senna shame he never made it to F1
Old 02-10-2007, 04:25 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

coming out with comments like that, is silly really.. we aint comparign senna are we, senna did much better in karting the lewis... 2nd in the world champiosnhip in the highest class is awesome
Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM
It's Czech Mate

coming out with comments like that, is silly really.. we aint comparign senna are we, senna did much better in karting the lewis... 2nd in the world champiosnhip in the highest class is awesome
You started using the flawed logic that because Hamilton wasnt great on the World stage of Karting he was shit..........not me
Old 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM
It's Czech Mate

Senna carried on karting well into his F1 career also, to chase those elusive results
Old 02-10-2007, 04:31 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Senna carried on karting well into his F1 career also, to chase those elusive results

i know he did mate, i have much literature on Senna..

Karting is a very tough sport.. go to watch a real karting event at a local track to you, you wil be treated so some fantastic racing
Old 02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Don't talk complete bollocks.

I raced around the same time as Jenson Button, Anthony Davidson, Daniel Wheldon etc and they ALL stood out for many reasons.

They didn't win every race, but they were quick.... consistently so, and they all had money - plenty of it behind them. We had two engines - they had six. We had four sets of tyres - they had twenty. Such is life. These days, that is a large part of what it takes to make it to the top, as simply having the talent will not get you there.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:38 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i agree pon so what are yougetting at?

we had 3 engines and 2 karts, and a trailer we raced some rich kids who had 10 engines etc, liek you say and loads mechanics and a unlimited supply of tyres.. and sometimes we beat them... but they had the money tp keep going we didnt... all im saying is..

lewis generation of the

conways, spencers, morris, jarvis, etc, they in my opinion were betetr drivers..
Old 02-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

girlies girlies girlies pipe down its only a game show
Old 02-10-2007, 04:40 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jay.
girlies girlies girlies pipe down its only a game show
Old 02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

My point?

That it takes more than money on its own, and more than just raw talent.

There are plenty of "better" drivers than some F1 drivers re: their contemporaries, but the ones that have made it to the top have done so because of a combination of factors, and not simply being the greatest talent.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:58 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think you guys are agreeing

I still like the fella regardless of talent

mike
Old 02-10-2007, 05:14 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

me and PON agreeing, man that would be a First
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by Robski
what a twat!!..you obviously know very little about F1!!!...Just remember what driver was leading the championship in a lesser car when your "senna" was infront of him and basically lost it under pressure at the re-start of the San marino Grand Prix....
Such ignorance and lack of understanding regarding the Accident not to mention the events after does not even warrent a responce, the only factual piece of information in your responce was that I am a twat
Old 02-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...ks-to-ferrari/

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...me-at-renault/
Old 02-10-2007, 07:28 PM
silverfox999
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

"When Lewis wins the championship he owes it all to Ferrari's technology that is in his car," Di Montezemolo said."

have to chuckle at Ferrari.... is this the same team that went out on the wrong tyres on purpose???

It wasnt cheating at all, they simply made an honest mistake and put inters on....
Old 02-10-2007, 07:35 PM
silverfox999
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i agree pon so what are yougetting at?

we had 3 engines and 2 karts, and a trailer we raced some rich kids who had 10 engines etc, liek you say and loads mechanics and a unlimited supply of tyres.. and sometimes we beat them... but they had the money tp keep going we didnt... all im saying is..

lewis generation of the

conways, spencers, morris, jarvis, etc, they in my opinion were betetr drivers..
I dont believe it is just the rich kids that get to the top (not doubting that it will help to shine). The original slug eyebrow - the Mansell himself - almost lost everything including his house to prove himself and get his seat.

Whether Lewis has been groomed and schooled by the man in the moon is irrelevant at this stage; he is on top in the drivers championship in his maiden year. He is currently outperforming 21 of the worlds best drivers including Kimi the car wrecker.

Well done Lewis, go and win it this weekend and make your dad proud he spent all that money and time on you!!!

Quick Reply: official hamilton post!!! well driven dude