General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

official hamilton post!!! well driven dude

Search this Thread

Old 30-09-2007, 11:37 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

schumacher was awesome

who else can be disq for two races, banned from participating in another two and still win 8 races and become world champ

those 4 races he was disq/banned were won by Hill, so out of 6 wins in 1994 that HILL won 4 of them schu was either not there or disq

schu still won 8 that year

hill was never a match for schu, belgiam 95, think about it

Carl
Old 01-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I hope Hamilton wins the title,but lets not count our chickens yet...that Alonso is one jammy fooker.
Last Year the great Schumaccer had the title in his hands after an epic come back,but car reliablity cost him in the end.
As for 2005,Ferrari had a crap car and Mclaren had a great car,and Kimi would have been a worthy champ in the circumstances...but the car was sooo unreliable(quite ironic,as the Mclaren's are bomb proof now)...and once again the orange picker was there to steal the title.
I think Lewis is a very good driver,but that rookie tag that he has....well its not completly accurate....he's Mclarans first moulded driver,he spent years in simulators and testing the cars....not to mention the other racing formats he competed in...
No other rookie has ever had THE BEST car in the field......we will never know what he would be like in a crap car with no driver aids.....like a certain Schumaccer had when he first burst on the scene in a crappy car.....but its nice to see a Brit doing well,so i will back him all the way
Aslong as Mr Thunderbirds eyebrow's loses im happy
Old 01-10-2007, 06:16 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
schumacher was awesome

who else can be disq for two races, banned from participating in another two and still win 8 races and become world champ

those 4 races he was disq/banned were won by Hill, so out of 6 wins in 1994 that HILL won 4 of them schu was either not there or disq

schu still won 8 that year

hill was never a match for schu, belgiam 95, think about it

Carl
he would have won the title the eayr he broke his leg as well
ok, i can forgive him for his deviousness when he took of damon hill on the corner, and he wasn't so lucky the next time he tried it as he was stripped of his points etc, but winning the amount of titles wasn't as easy as you lot think it was
Old 01-10-2007, 07:14 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Most exciting thing for me was the Massa Kubica fight on the last lap!

We haven't seen driving like that for 20 years!

You actually had overtaking and everything!

For those that missed Massa and Kubica doing their impression of a BTCC race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2Lk1ZU_FM
Old 01-10-2007, 07:55 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON

what a treat those moments were, but sadly all too rare in F1

the race in general was a corker - the most exciting for ages in many ways

i did not think that lewis would do it up until yesterday, but now the title is his to lose, let's hope he doesn't.

slowly but surely his arrogance is showing itself though - but then that's all part of being what a champion needs to be
Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

You need a degree of arrogance to be a sucessful modern sportsman.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

FIngers crossed for a Brit championship win.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by UnseenMenace
Schumi another supposed great who was never measured against another driver of considerable talent in the same car.
Maybe not, but he won world championships in a shit car (benetton) and when he went to ferrari they were considered shit, hadnt won in ages etc but he made things happen in a poor car again, thats greatness for me.
You mean the benetton which was found to have 'illigal' launch control half way through the season.. the benetton that was found to have an iillgal' enlarged fuel tank.. you mean the benetton that he crashed into the wall at the final race damaging it to such an extent that he would not finish the race.. you mean the benetton that he drove into Damon Hill to win the world championship ? -- He won it because of his ethics and quick thinking, it was an crash that decided the championship not his driving in a shit car (his driving only stuck it in the wall and ensured he would not finish the race).... he could have been in a friggin transit and it would not have made a difference

Rain is supposed to be another sign of greats and its worth remembering that in the Bennetton with the works Ford engine that Senna in a Mclaren Ford with a less powerfull customer engine blew everyone away including Schumi... It was back in 1993, when the duo of the Williams Renault with Prost and Hill was dominating the field. Thanks to traction control, active suspension and Renault ‘s superior engine the two Williams seemed unbeatable. Schumacher ‘s Benetton was the second fastest car on the grid, using the latest spec of the Ford Cosworth engine. Senna was struggling in an underpowered Mclaren, powered by the 92 spec Ford engine.. yet at Donington Park they all got show the way in terrible weather at the rate of a second a lap.

that's greatness... actions such as parking the car at monaco only shows a great mind and incredible commitment.
The continued support Schumi received from team mates such as Rubens and Irvine who on many occasions gifted him wins ensure that the statistics are flattering rather than factual.

Whatever your view on Michael, you can not get away from the fact that he recieved incredible support from his team mates, the role was to help Schumi win the title... he can never be considered the greatest as he never faced a competitive team mate, this and the ethical questions ensure that Schumacher's legacy is tainted

Its also worth remembering that Schumi never put in a championship challenge in the Ferrari untill Ross Borne and Rory Byrne who masterminded his championship campaign in Benetton arrived at Ferrari.. it could be said that these people are responsible for the success, which could be supported by the fact that since leaving or taking sabbaticals the team has deteriorated in reliability and performance.

Schumi is the cleverest and most focused driver ever without a doubt, but would his stats be as good without another driver supporting him.... the questions regarding parking the car, cheating, crashing a car only to park it on the race line so the race is stopped.....Championship deciding accidents, there are just to many questions for him to be considered great in the same manner as Fangio, Prost, Senna
which is a shame as he probably should be but we will never truly know.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:34 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

link doesn't work
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by foreigneRS

what a treat those moments were, but sadly all too rare in F1

the race in general was a corker - the most exciting for ages in many ways
Agreed
Started to watch it with the intention of only catching the start and just keep checking back - had to watch the whole thing! Sato's car leaving the pits on fire, Vetten crying his eyes out in the pits, everyone aquaplaning everywhere and proper fight for positions at the end
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

in light of this years race , wouldn't it be great if all the races were driven on sodden tracks
Old 01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by 4x4

link doesn't work
Try this link:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=4
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Originally Posted by 4x4

link doesn't work
Try this link:

Absolutly fantastic driving

Great clip Rich
Old 01-10-2007, 03:43 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

That is a rude video..
Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
silverfox999

REAL TALENT = Kimi Raikkonen, not spoon fed all his motor racing life
May have been said already but i dont see McLaren beating a path to get their hands on Kimi.... he is a bit like Sato - balls and all and if breaks the car, oh well..

I think he is great driver but not in the same league as Lewis.

Its bollox to start talking about silver spoons. No one said this about Schuy when his dad owned a go-kart track...."oh, hes only a world champ because he got free goes after 5pm in a go-kart"....no. He had simple raw talent which was honed out on the track.

Same for Lewis; someone spotted him and gave him the opportunity, not a silver spoon.

BTW, good on you Lewis, now go and win the championship and stop that slug eyebrowed Spaniard from winning !!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
cos jon

holy sh!t, you can hardly see anything when behind with all that spray !!

Great bit of driving by both drivers, always like Massa too
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by silverfox999
May have been said already but i dont see McLaren beating a path to get their hands on Kimi....
erm. They did though. It cost Ron $14M and several Mercedes Trucks to get Kimi out of his Sauber Contract in 2001
Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 PM
american
baseball and apple pie

props to hamilton....shame that his car will bear the number 21 or 22 on its nose next year.

and a big "numbro uno" on the nose of the 'rari, awarded last week.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM
silverfox999

Originally Posted by 4x4

link doesn't work
Try this link:

Cracking vid! I have watched it three times it was so good. When i watched it on telly i thought Massa was being a twat, but after watching they were both racing hard.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

May have been said already but i dont see McLaren beating a path to get their hands on Kimi.... he is a bit like Sato - balls and all and if breaks the car, oh well..

Its bollox to start talking about silver spoons. No one said this about Schuy when his dad owned a go-kart track...."oh, hes only a world champ because he got free goes after 5pm in a go-kart"....no. He had simple raw talent which was honed out on the track.

Same for Lewis; someone spotted him and gave him the opportunity, not a silver spoon.

BTW, good on you Lewis, now go and win the championship and stop that slug eyebrowed Spaniard from winning !!!
raw talent, kimi from leavign karting to F1 18 fucking months.... lewis 6 FUCKING years, been well trained this young one has and given the best car!!

maclaren mercedes made a kart championship for lewis to win to boost his profile as he couldnt win the British kart championship!!

when he moved into Formula Super A karting, he got his ass cained by some Proper drivers...

schuey dad ran a kart track yeah, didnt have much money to support him tho, lewis has had all his racing paid for (by Ron Dennis), for the last 10 years, so spoon fed is a good word really... all paid for etc.. he has always had the best people around him supporting him, finacially, mentally and engineeringly no wonder he is doing well..
Old 01-10-2007, 08:42 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by american
props to hamilton....shame that his car will bear the number 21 or 22 on its nose next year.

and a big "numbro uno" on the nose of the 'rari, awarded last week.
what?? number one will be on the world champions car not the team
Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
silverfox999

raw talent, kimi from leavign karting to F1 18 fucking months.... lewis 6 FUCKING years, been well trained this young one has and given the best car!!

maclaren mercedes made a kart championship for lewis to win to boost his profile as he couldnt win the British kart championship!!

when he moved into Formula Super A karting, he got his ass cained by some Proper drivers...

schuey dad ran a kart track yeah, didnt have much money to support him tho, lewis has had all his racing paid for (by Ron Dennis), for the last 10 years, so spoon fed is a good word really... all paid for etc.. he has always had the best people around him supporting him, finacially, mentally and engineeringly no wonder he is doing well..
Ok, good points - lets see who wins the championship this year, and then for the next foreseeable few years. Kimi or Hamilton, i know where my money is going to be.

All i hope is that Hamilton doesnt become an arse as he gets more and more world championships under his belt.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

same car, kimi is a quicker, and better racing driver.. when his hea dis in gear..
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Kimi is such a mindless boring fucking cunt!

Who gives a fuck how he drives?

JJ
Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
It's Czech Mate

same car, kimi is a quicker, and better racing driver.. when his hea dis in gear..
You're guessing because that has never hapened

Why cant you face that you are wrong. Kimi is one lap fast

Hamilton has te speed, consistency and technicl knowledge to blow him into the weeds in his first season

Get your dad to argue past that
Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok then, why on several occasions, lewis has been blown into the weeds by kimi alonso, lewis has had alot of luck and the fia on his side, so has helped him alot.. he has done well, and probs desrrves the title but he aint no wonder kid who came outta no where, he was manufactured by maclaren.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i

Hamilton has te speed, consistency and technicl knowledge to blow him into the weeds in his first season

Hmmm. Not really. Speed, well Yes of course. Consistency. Yup pretty much but then hes in one of the top 4 cars and its in the top 2 for reliability this year. I fear he may be due a mechanical in Shanghai.

Technical Knowledge. err No. Not really. He's relied heavily on Nandos setup this year. He's also been guided a lot by his Race Engineer. That to be fair is a race experience thing. Its "relatively" easy to test all day and get a good setup by 17:00 but to do it every other weekend in around 4 hours is not so easy.

Worth pointing out that once Kimi understood the car he was quicker than Massa consistently. And as Fuji showed hes a racer which counts for a hell of a lot in my book. Theres maybe only 6 of them on the grid!

Ralf, Nick and Jenson moaning about the conditions shows them to be journeymen!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
maxrs16
Banned

i think Hamilton will win this season and get blown away next season
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by maxrs16
i think Hamilton will win this season and get blown away next season
by a sudden gust of wind
Old 01-10-2007, 09:41 PM
silverfox999

Originally Posted by Rich_w

Not taking anything away from any of the drivers that went out on Sunday in all of that rain. But i really agree with this statement.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
It's Czech Mate

Hmmm. Not really. Speed, well Yes of course. Consistency. Yup pretty much but then hes in one of the top 4 cars and its in the top 2 for reliability this year. I fear he may be due a mechanical in Shanghai.

Technical Knowledge. err No. Not really. He's relied heavily on Nandos setup this year. He's also been guided a lot by his Race Engineer. That to be fair is a race experience thing. Its "relatively" easy to test all day and get a good setup by 17:00 but to do it every other weekend in around 4 hours is not so easy.

Worth pointing out that once Kimi understood the car he was quicker than Massa consistently. And as Fuji showed hes a racer which counts for a hell of a lot in my book. Theres maybe only 6 of them on the grid!

Tech Knowledge er yes...he has deviated qite strongly from Fernandos set up quite a few times this year...and the tech knowledge allows a good relationship with the race engineer. Kimi doesnt have it, Ron D admitted as much

He may be in one of the top 4 cars...but he's in the number one slot

The season is 17 races long, if you win and beat the reigning world champoin in the same car, you deserve it
Old 01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
silverfox999

The season is 17 races long, if you win and beat the reigning world champoin in the same car, you deserve it
this is a key statement. He has been battling with a two time world champ, who arguably beat schuy and is on top of the points.....
Old 01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

[he has deviated qite strongly from Fernandos set up quite a few times this year
Yeah he did the last 3 races before Fuji.

Kimi as you say may not have the most in depth tech knowledge. Raw talent usually doesnt need it quite so much
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM
It's Czech Mate

[he has deviated qite strongly from Fernandos set up quite a few times this year
Yeah he did the last 3 races before Fuji.

Kimi as you say may not have the most in depth tech knowledge. Raw talent usually doesnt need it quite so much
Who is winning

Not many drivers with no tech knowledge win a title
Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
edd

bottom line/

you cant win in a shit car.

LH is winning in what is most weekends a faster car than the rest.

and hes a slimy little cunt.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:25 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Originally Posted by djmillsy
im not saying hes good but hes not a great it will take him years to get to that.
In your eyes what makes a great ?

Presently there are no questions over Hamilton's ability or statistics in F1

Hamilton has matched or set the following records in Formula One:
Most consecutive podiums from debut race: 9 (previous record was 2)
Most consecutive podiums for a British driver: 9 (tied with Jim Clark)
Youngest driver to lead the World Championship
Most wins in a debut season: 4 (equalling Jacques Villeneuve's 1996 record of 4)

He could also be crowned the youngest ever world champion.
Lewis has driven with incredible maturity this year, even when under pressure and deserves the results he is getting... even when the competition is on the pace he has beaten them.

The first true measure of a driver must be his team mate as they are in the same car, Hamilton has continued to excel and push double world champion Alonso and beat him more than on one occasion.
Alonso is the current double world champion and the person who dethroned Schumi another supposed great who was never measured against another driver of considerable talent in the same car.

im not saying he wont be a great a great has to win mutiple championships and dominate like rossi on the bikes. he hasnt won it yet he proberly will but for me untill he wins it year after year he wont be a great to me. i hate alonso but you have to respect what hes won back to back title not many win them.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Robski

Originally Posted by Matt J
Schumi another supposed great who was never measured against another driver of considerable talent in the same car.
Maybe not, but he won world championships in a shit car (benetton) and when he went to ferrari they were considered shit, hadnt won in ages etc but he made things happen in a poor car again, thats greatness for me.
You mean the benetton which was found to have 'illigal' launch control half way through the season.. the benetton that was found to have an iillgal' enlarged fuel tank.. you mean the benetton that he crashed into the wall at the final race damaging it to such an extent that he would not finish the race.. you mean the benetton that he drove into Damon Hill to win the world championship ? -- He won it because of his ethics and quick thinking, it was an crash that decided the championship not his driving in a shit car (his driving only stuck it in the wall and ensured he would not finish the race).... he could have been in a friggin transit and it would not have made a difference

Rain is supposed to be another sign of greats and its worth remembering that in the Bennetton with the works Ford engine that Senna in a Mclaren Ford with a less powerfull customer engine blew everyone away including Schumi... It was back in 1993, when the duo of the Williams Renault with Prost and Hill was dominating the field. Thanks to traction control, active suspension and Renault ‘s superior engine the two Williams seemed unbeatable. Schumacher ‘s Benetton was the second fastest car on the grid, using the latest spec of the Ford Cosworth engine. Senna was struggling in an underpowered Mclaren, powered by the 92 spec Ford engine.. yet at Donington Park they all got show the way in terrible weather at the rate of a second a lap.

that's greatness... actions such as parking the car at monaco only shows a great mind and incredible commitment.
The continued support Schumi received from team mates such as Rubens and Irvine who on many occasions gifted him wins ensure that the statistics are flattering rather than factual.

Whatever your view on Michael, you can not get away from the fact that he recieved incredible support from his team mates, the role was to help Schumi win the title... he can never be considered the greatest as he never faced a competitive team mate, this and the ethical questions ensure that Schumacher's legacy is tainted

Its also worth remembering that Schumi never put in a championship challenge in the Ferrari untill Ross Borne and Rory Byrne who masterminded his championship campaign in Benetton arrived at Ferrari.. it could be said that these people are responsible for the success, which could be supported by the fact that since leaving or taking sabbaticals the team has deteriorated in reliability and performance.

Schumi is the cleverest and most focused driver ever without a doubt, but would his stats be as good without another driver supporting him.... the questions regarding parking the car, cheating, crashing a car only to park it on the race line so the race is stopped.....Championship deciding accidents, there are just to many questions for him to be considered great in the same manner as Fangio, Prost, Senna
which is a shame as he probably should be but we will never truly know.
what a twat!!..you obviously know very little about F1!!!...Just remember what driver was leading the championship in a lesser car when your "senna" was infront of him and basically lost it under pressure at the re-start of the San marino Grand Prix....and if you read the books that came out after his death from close friends of Senna,they all said he was VERY weiry of this "new kid on the block".
Yes,maybe he chose easier team mates(not that any could be his equal anyway),but i bet my house he would have trashed them all.
Schummi isn't stupid and would have seen the disruption that the senna/prost partnership had(and since then the Hamilton/Alonso duo) and would have realised that 2 fighters in a team would be a recipe for disaster!

And to this day,i've not seen Hamilton or Alonso win a race they had no right to win......and i've seen schummi do that many a times with his race craft and SHEER natural pace....as Michael DID in 1996 when Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne WASN'T THERE!!

I just think some people in here just think they know it all by watching a few races on TV and buying some Top Trump F1 cards...i've been to countless LIVE Grand Prix's and witnessed these events for myself,,,,maybe its a German thing.....who knows?......but all i remember is a certain German scaring a Brazilian into a wall....enough said really.....
Old 02-10-2007, 07:12 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Robski
but all i remember is a certain German scaring a Brazilian into a wall....enough said really.....
If that has anything to do with Senna dying, you are a stupid arrogant spiteful cunt. who knows nothing
Old 02-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

lewis 6 FUCKING years, been well trained this young one has and given the best car!!
is there not an age limit on being able to race F1? Something to do with the license needed? Can't really have a 14 year old in an F1 car now could we?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:34 AM
stonehavencossie

Totally disagree with the people claiming kimi is a better natural talent than hamilton.

Yes hamilton has been 'moulded' and got everything on a plate for one reason. He had talent from the start and was always gonna be a world champion.

Yes hes got one of the fastest cars but what has impressed me is his coolness under pressure and out and out balls.

So many times the other drivers have tried to bully him out of the way. It was clear from the usa gp (i think) where he held off alosno on the straight that this guy meant business.

The way some of you fellow brits slag him and make excuses for his success is shocking

Good luck hamilton. Either way im proud your flying the flag

Quick Reply: official hamilton post!!! well driven dude