General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone else think it's a bit sad.................

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:23 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else think it's a bit sad.................

... to download films off the net, and watch them on your computer?

Just been having a think about this, and for me, half the fun of watching a new release is actually going out to watch it, and enjoying the cinema experience.

I just can't understand people who talk about a new release and say, "yeah, I downloaded it three weeks ago"................ as if they didn't spend enough time in front of the computer as it is!

All the pros of downloading films are outweighed by the fact that it makes you a bit of a saddo IMO...........
Old 03-10-2004, 09:25 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup i preffer to go watch them in the cinema too, but some people d.load em to make money an prob jus end up watching em anyhoo
Old 03-10-2004, 09:25 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agree Pon, but I download and watch on a big telly
Old 03-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant always get to the cinema, dont really get out as much as i used to to be honest, so if i can be rs'd to download a dvd rip of a new film, i at least burn the fooker and watch it on my dvd player, sitting at my PC screen and watching it would do my head in
Old 03-10-2004, 09:28 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah,love goin to cinema,little speakers and a crap chair dont quite feel as good as a surround sound cinema!but i have got alien vs predator on dvd tho!3 quid but i got a good tv!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Only ever downloaded a couple of films from the net and the quality was shit.

Not bothered about the cinema tho, rather watch them @ home on DVD, widescreen, digital stereo etc with a few beers

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont tend to watch new releases as I dont want to spoil the cinema effect of the big films... BUT interms of having a collection of cool old movies to watch the net can be amazing for that...

anything u can think of someone will have somewhere!

RW
Old 03-10-2004, 09:33 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

The reason I posted is I was just watching the making of Star Wars, and appreciated the fact that even though it was released in '77, I still got to see it in the cinema when they released the Special Edition version in '99.

Even though I'd seen Star Wars like 50 times, the whole experience of seeing it on the big screen, with awesome sound, and enjoying the experience with other people made it for me - absolutely superb.

I just can't really understand the mentality of PREFERRING to sit in front of your computer and watch it................
Old 03-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Jamz
Advanced PassionFord User

for the odd few I do download I watch them on the TV with my XBox or burn them on to CD/DVD and watch them with the DVD player.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Star Wars huh.. Remember watching that in 77 in the cinema. My first cinema experience.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

until we got a dvd player upstairs we watxhed a few dvds on her laptop.

Absolutely terrible
Old 03-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jamz
for the odd few I do download I watch them on the TV with my XBox or burn them on to CD/DVD and watch them with the DVD player.
Then bring them into work for the vultures
Old 03-10-2004, 09:36 PM
McPikie
Banned

Default Re: Anyone else think it's a bit sad.................

Originally Posted by RichardPON
...enjoying the cinema experience.
Yes, can't get enough of it.

I mean, I just love queing up for ages because the cocks taking the tickets would rather talk to each other than rip your stub, getting a sore neck because your missus took too long in the pick & mix so all the best seats have gone. I love kids sat behind talking and laughing all the way through the film. I adore the way they have wooden/metal arm rests so you can't get comfy. Can't get enough of not being able to pause it when you need a piss. I love being freezing cold because some spotty, work experience gimp doesn't know how to regulate the air-con. I really like being fleeced for nigh on Ł15 when I wanna go see something.

No PON, the pics are just dogshit
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: Anyone else think it's a bit sad.................

Originally Posted by McPikie
Originally Posted by RichardPON
...enjoying the cinema experience.
Yes, can't get enough of it.

I mean, I just love queing up for ages because the cocks taking the tickets would rather talk to each other than rip your stub, getting a sore neck because your missus took too long in the pick & mix so all the best seats have gone. I love kids sat behind talking and laughing all the way through the film. I adore the way they have wooden/metal arm rests so you can't get comfy. Can't get enough of not being able to pause it when you need a piss. I love being freezing cold because some spotty, work experience gimp doesn't know how to regulate the air-con. I really like being fleeced for nigh on Ł15 when I wanna go see something.

No PON, the pics are just dogshit
AFPMSL

I don't know what the flea-ridden shit holes venues are like in Manchester, but cinemas tend to be a little different from that round here..............

........ or is it just you going on the defensive, because you're a closet Simpsons comic book store guy
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Richard, for what it's worth...

I don't watch films on my computer but I do download from time to time. I have a pinnacle showcenter thing which reads movies off my pc and plays them on my big screen home cinema

Some are good quality, others not so - crap ones I watch on rented DVD later.

As for going to the cinema - no thank you - I can't stand the sweet wrappers, people standing up to go to the loo or get another hot dog, people who laugh at the wrong time cos they don't like the movie or comment on the movie as it goes along, uncomfortable seats, etc...

So I definitely prefer watching them in the comfort of my own home either on DVD or downloaded if the quality is good enough.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by gurnE
Only ever downloaded a couple of films from the net and the quality was shit.

Not bothered about the cinema tho, rather watch them @ home on DVD, widescreen, digital stereo etc with a few beers
Nigh on word for word what I was gonna type
Old 03-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i was gonna say the same as mcpikes except for the fact theres noo fooking leg room and the fact ya cars been broken into in the cinima carpark as they know ya been go forages

oh and the fact ya gotta wait for the next showing as ya missed it by 20 mins and ya dont wanna miss the start

now sitting in my own home, naked with a cold beer, pizza, chocolate and crisps (wonder why im fat )

able to actually sit what ever way i want, FART when i want, scratch me arse

oh and then i also dont have to drive home and hoover me window and tape up so me car dont get tottaly stripped and can go straight to bed

i much prefer it at home

the actual picure quality ofnthe cinima is awsome as the close ups do get ya more than my tv

i will ascrifice that thoug

i can watch a pron movie on me pc, fok watching a film on it though so i do agree with ya on the pc part
Old 03-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Do what I do then Ginge - go in someone elses car

I do get annoyed a tiny bit in the cinema cos you can't smoke or drink beer (well, you can if noone see's you ) but we go to the UGC in Enfield and I must admit - it is really nice in there Nice seats, good digital projector thingy, excellent dolby surround sound And good hotdogs too
Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Ginge - I'm glad more people like yourself have net access.

That way I can watch the film at the cinema WITHOUT sitting next to some goon who wants to sit which ever way he wants, FART when he wants, scratch his arse etc...............

Old 03-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Cinema is good sometimes, but it's also good being able to chill in your house with a few mates and watch films on the big screen telly with decent surround sound - allbeit without the 5.1 if downloaded (personally I don't think a lot of cinema's have good enough sound systems)..

A bit of both in my opinion, there are a lot of films I wouldn't bother/have the time to see at the cinema that I wouldn't have seen if mates hadn't downloaded them! And a lot of them are a thousand times better than the stuff I will go to the cinema for (big names like Matrix etc).

I'm never bothered about downloading a film just to watch it first though, rather wait until a decent DVD version comes out!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Originally Posted by Thrush
Do what I do then Ginge - go in someone elses car

I do get annoyed a tiny bit in the cinema cos you can't smoke or drink beer (well, you can if noone see's you ) but we go to the UGC in Enfield and I must admit - it is really nice in there Nice seats, good digital projector thingy, excellent dolby surround sound And good hotdogs too
Go to the Deluxe screen in MK and you can do all sorts!

You can recline, arm rests fold up if your there with the lady etc..

and beer!!

but beer and cinema's don't mix - it's a long time to hold a piss!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Ish
Advanced PassionFord User

don't have time to go to the cinema so i just buy good copies of films on dvd and watch them on my dvd player/telly.

would never watch a film on my pc monitor though!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
apples24
Banned

well i download em, burn em to dvd, me and the missis snuggle up and watch em late at night after kids gone to bed and its gr8 quality, get to watch the films mostly before there out in the cinemas over ere

were i get my films quality is 90 percent of the time very good indeed

i think its great, i have over 50 films on dvd most of em are still in the cinema and they didnt cost me a bean
Old 03-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

never watched a film on pc monitor, i ftp them to the xbox and play them into the widescreen