General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone fitted a lutron system or have one in there home?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone fitted a lutron system or have one in there home?

lazy or not?

started a big job last week (sparky ) on a new build house/mansion, and basically this house is run from this lutron system basically everything in the house ie lights, tv, curtains, audio system, tea makers, cctv is all done from touch screens around the house that are built into the walls..

i went into the pavilion bit of the property wich has already been done and couldnt resist having a play with the curtains hitting the open and close functions, then i saw one that said "raise tv" i thought i dont see a tv but ill hit it anyway then up from the floor came this "50 plasma thing

all so lazy to me and think the lads installing this sytem said it had cost him 200k so far so not cheap either anyone else got this or worked on it???
Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We`ve just started a pub near me which is basically getting something similar to this, it will control lighting, the sound system and various other stuff like the plasma tv`s. Not started wiring it yet but looking forward to starting it. What cables are to be run to everyting?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:17 PM
rallyeweezle
Regular Contributor

Fitted a few lutron systems into prestige houses. If you have the money you want all the toys? I would. The last new build i installed with Lutron had a build cost of £3.5M (complete).
Old 09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

alot of money for what it is IMO - for the average person. I'm currently planning my house renovation and will be going for multiroom audio and video probably by russound, imported from the USA as its cheap as chips and much more useful.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by mackers
We`ve just started a pub near me which is basically getting something similar to this, it will control lighting, the sound system and various other stuff like the plasma tv`s. Not started wiring it yet but looking forward to starting it. What cables are to be run to everyting?
mostly cat 5 cable then all your lighting feeds etc are ran back to a point where you installing the main equipment.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteve
Originally Posted by mackers
mostly cat 5 cable then all your lighting feeds etc are ran back to a point where you installing the main equipment.
yer basically we just run all our feeds back to there lutron panels and they do the rest wich is ok saves on our switchs and various other things the guys who are installing did say these are only playing at it and i thought for 200k id want to be more then playing at it