General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

CAR THEME FAST FOOD RESTAURANT???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:46 PM
CDZ1609

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAR THEME FAST FOOD RESTAURANT???

ive been thinking about it for a long long time , i just wanted feedback to gauge if a car orientated eatery would go down well in the south west? i cant give too many details of my theme away but its (obviously ) not a pub! as drinking and high performance cars are not the best idea!!! but a quality fast food restaurant/sofa area where you can lterally stop with your mates and get a steak and chips and (for example) watch rallying on a big screen ingood company, ok its a bit more complex than just watching stuff on a screen and eating im also currentlydesigning a range of cool car mod stuff to buy for my car themed 'fun place'(mugs/tops etc).
so anybody if you do or do not think this is a good idea please add comments, i am currently considering areas south of the city as the weston cruise route is nearby for people to stop in on their way! (plus i live in the south so that helps) , personally i think it would be a nice place for any car enthusiast to hang out i just wanted to gauge the publics feeling...so would you come along?, how often etc? also car clubs might want to hold their monthly meets? please comment...
Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

You need to stop wataching Pulp Fiction
Old 10-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Stephen_B
I actually Bum This Place

Sounds like a good idea! Bit like the Ace Cafe sort of if you get me
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Turboboy67
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ace Cafe of the South sounds good
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Does sound a good idea

Hope it works out for you

Steve.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
scotty4130
PassionFord Regular

Had this idea myself for a location on the north coast of northern ireland, i think in all honesty as long as you are serving good food at decent prices you should do well
Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM
CDZ1609

Default yep heard of it!

never been there but ive seen it in a mag, it looks great , ive been thinking about doing this for about 10 years but as always the finances hold you back , im at the stage where im checking out premises i think if i found the right place i could have it set up in 4-6 months
Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Theme nights and an area for clubs to meet monthly would be a good idea

I know many RS Local groups have to pay a fee to pubs etc to hold there monthly's there

Good Idea IMO

Paul

PS you will need a good sized car park!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

A sit down scran while watching cars race....................

........ Welcome to my local Maccies
Old 10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sounds like a good idea and youve obviously thought it through by the sounds of it. Im not sure it would survive if you just aimed for the car enthusiast market though. Be very careful not to make it something where your joe public would not want to go or be seen though, as it may soon get 'that image' that puts joe public off. What im saying is i wouldnt limit your market to car enthusiast only. Maybe have two seperate areas if thats a theme you want to stick with, and base the size of the areas on some proper research depending on potential numbers?

You have to remember that car enthusiasts make up a VERY small percentage of the market.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:51 PM
CDZ1609

Default hmmmmmm

in a way yes and in a way are you crazy?!!! i do think that the weekend and evening trade will be the busiest but i have a couple more ideas (which im not divulging until i open-so no-one nicks my plans!!! ) i have run food orientated businesses before so i have a good idea of how things run, my other market research is really based on my experience of other businesses ive managed and i really think theres a big car shaped hole in the eatery market , i have been a cruiser in my cozis and rs's for oooooh a long time (oh ok over 15 years ) and i know from experience that if my friends and i had a place to go instead of various carparks where we got cold or moved on we would have been there, i agree that as well as the overall theme i want to hold different themed nights/days as well, as i said as yet my plans are private but when it all comes together hopefully youll all like coming over and having a darn good munch while watching cars on the big screen, im so looking forward to putting the plans into action and seeing everyones lovely cars conviening in my car park, itll be great!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

This would really be a case of getting a good balance, and you would need to ensure you are strick from the start at what is tolerated.

The last thing you want is to have it turn into a place that if full of knobheads killing saxo's up and down your car park and causing shit in the place.

At the same time you need it to be a place peeps want to come without feeling like it is a sit down eat your meal and keep quiet place

You would need a place with a good car park, not to residential, with well sectioned of area's inside, eating area's with chill out areas seperate, noone wants to sit eating a meal with people pissing about sat next to them.

The old bill will need to be onside and you'll need to do some smooshing otherwise you will have them giving grief to everyone who visits - a meat market for them.

It could be a cracking idea, but will really depend on getting the right place with the right people coming down.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
CDZ1609

Default yep...

i agree thanks for all the comments people, keep posting your thoughts, im taking it all in
Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think its an awesome idea. But like has been said you would need to kiss the police arse. And you dont want it to be taken over by saxos with neons and bass canons
Old 10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cracking idea mate but i suspect that you would attract way too many tossers but good luck if you do it
Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ever been to a checkers in the usa, ok its not motorsporty but its a bit
car ish
Old 11-08-2007, 04:13 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aduz
cracking idea mate but i suspect that you would attract way too many tossers but good luck if you do it
hey if it was my business and the tossers were the only ones bringing in money, so be it for example, take a look at mcd's
Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Oh and get a GOOD chef, I can only name ONE place that cooks a perfect medium rare steak everytime

Old 11-08-2007, 09:12 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CDZ1609
in a way yes and in a way are you crazy?!!! i do think that the weekend and evening trade will be the busiest but i have a couple more ideas (which im not divulging until i open-so no-one nicks my plans!!! ) i have run food orientated businesses before so i have a good idea of how things run, my other market research is really based on my experience of other businesses ive managed and i really think theres a big car shaped hole in the eatery market , i have been a cruiser in my cozis and rs's for oooooh a long time (oh ok over 15 years ) and i know from experience that if my friends and i had a place to go instead of various carparks where we got cold or moved on we would have been there, i agree that as well as the overall theme i want to hold different themed nights/days as well, as i said as yet my plans are private but when it all comes together hopefully youll all like coming over and having a darn good munch while watching cars on the big screen, im so looking forward to putting the plans into action and seeing everyones lovely cars conviening in my car park, itll be great!!!
What have i said thats crazy mate? I do think its a good idea and it may very well do well with just your target market, but all im saying is i wouldnt rely on just trade from car enthusiasts if you want it to take off in a BIG way as i really believe that you'd still need joe public, especially during the day. Thats why i think having 2 areas is the best idea, so your aimed at a much bigger percentage of the market. I also think that unfortunatly, you WILL attract boy racers and the wrong sort, but i think they would be a large chunk of business that you would need. I may be wrong and im sure time will tell mate, but i hope all goes well.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
CDZ1609

Default hi s1rst

i didnt mean you were lterally crazy mate! , what i mean is that (and i hope all the people from the south west agree) that especially bristol is heaving with people enthusiastic about cars , whether you want to call them enthusiasts, boyracers, tossers, well, you are allways going to get people trying to spoil it for others but generally the good people, for example that go to the sunday night weston cruise dont tollerate twats rewining their scene, i wont give examples but lets just say if youve got 100 people with their pride and joy sat in front of them you really dont want to start wheelspinning in front of them unless you really dont mind getting , well ermmmmm... you know , also its why im making a real effort to find the right venue even if its abit further out so the car parks right etc etc
(thanks again for all the comments)
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Tank Mike
Advanced PassionFord User

sounds like a top idea to me, i would defo go.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

it sounds really good to me, but agree with the comments below

Originally Posted by matts1
This would really be a case of getting a good balance, and you would need to ensure you are strick from the start at what is tolerated.

The last thing you want is to have it turn into a place that if full of knobheads killing saxo's up and down your car park and causing shit in the place.

At the same time you need it to be a place peeps want to come without feeling like it is a sit down eat your meal and keep quiet place

You would need a place with a good car park, not to residential, with well sectioned of area's inside, eating area's with chill out areas seperate, noone wants to sit eating a meal with people pissing about sat next to them.

The old bill will need to be onside and you'll need to do some smooshing otherwise you will have them giving grief to everyone who visits - a meat market for them.

It could be a cracking idea, but will really depend on getting the right place with the right people coming down.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

It can be VERY good if done right mate. THere was one in Tampa and was very cool place. Local car meets would be there, and they would have live music outside etc.

Just have to be careful not to attract the boy racer fools and make sure you have strict security as the soon as it gets a rep for little boy racer twats it will tarnish the place and will struggle to build a good brand rep.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

http://www.racerock.com/

We went here last December in Orlando and had a really good evening. The food was good (not amazing) but what made it so enjoyable was all the memorabilia, the decor and the enthusiasm of all the staff.

It was all somehow done tastefully and not cheesy at all which I remember us saying 'if someone tried to do this in the UK, it would probably be really tacky'. It was also extremely busy, so I reckon if you manage to pull this off you'd do really well.

Good luck

Cheers,

Natalie
Old 11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sounds good mate