General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

C'mon Willie Limond

Search this Thread

Old 16-07-2007, 10:06 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think you lot actually know who alfonso gomez is from all the

if any one saw his fight agianst arturo gatti you'll see gomez is gona have a good career ahed of him
Old 16-07-2007, 10:11 PM
4x4

Originally Posted by cossie362
when did i say that mate???????????
they aint dominating at the minute are they?
most of the boxers you mentioned are has beens
as for alfonso gomez
il leave it at that
so who is dominating? FLOYD MAYWEATHER???? i think you'll find he's retired like a pussy boy when all the south americans keep on fighting.

i hope hatton forces floyd out of retirement and kicks his ass but hatton wil have to stop floyd because if it goes all the way floyd will most probably win on points
Old 16-07-2007, 10:13 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mayweather says he is coming out of his short lived retirment to fight hatton
Old 16-07-2007, 10:15 PM
4x4

Originally Posted by col cos1

NICE
Old 17-07-2007, 06:15 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by col cos1
if that was all he was saying it would be fine but as usual with mayweather he starts running his mouth off way before a fight!

hatton would need to go to the body and lay it on thick in the first two or three rounds to slow mayweather down,if mayweather starts to control the ring hatton wont stand a chance,mayweather would just stand off and box!
if hatton could just fight his fight and man handle him into the corners,soften him up with body shots then start going to the head when he drops his elbows he should win.

thats my 2p's worth

prediction...(if it happens)

hatton rnd 7
Old 17-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Badman38
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Amir khan is no way cocky he might come across that way on TV but he is nice down to earth very approachable I’ve spoke to him and his dad many times at amateur shows where his brother harroon was fighting.. but I always thought that amir cant hold a punch too well I remember him getting dropped and hurt in the senior amateur championships by Craig Watson the referee gave him a long count which saved him he went on to win but pulled out of the next round, reason he said was because he couldn’t fit all his fan in the venue, which he must of known beforehand the amateur venues are not big but it gave him an excuse. his next opponent has been knocking everyone which I think is the real reason for pulling out imagine how much his stock would go down if he got beaten by a top class English senior amateur a bit of a come down from an Olympian…
Maybe frank warren knew this so he matched him against fairly light punchers I can understand his team matching him with stiffs because he has to learn his trade but at lease put him in with opponents with moderate powder… amir has a tendency to drop his left after throwing it so he is open to a right hand counter which Limond was catching him with all night.
While khan was down he gestured to the referee that he was pushed down but the referee ignored the protest from khan and when he got up khan made another protest complaining he had been pushed khan had clearly been hurt and staggered, even humiliated that limond had caught him. It is like he was trying to justify being tagged by an opponent like limond. khan didn’t stay out of trouble after the knock down limond didn’t know how to finish the job. If he trapped him on the ropes and threw a 100 punches the ref would have no choice but to stop the fight…. The boxing fraternity will be watching to see who his next opponent is going to be a stiff or a live opponent… khan has been shown to be vulnerable so his camp will be extremely cautious. You don’t learn a thing from a knock he should be doing his learning in the gym working on his defence, I do amateur boxing and have had 25 fights and I am going to take my aba coaching badge course and I have had some experience of what I am talking about.
Fighters get knocked down all the time its part and parcel of boxing but not getteing dropped and hurt against a light puncher and Willie limond with only eight stoppages in twenty eight is a light puncher.
Earlier amir was calling out all the British light weights but no there is no way his team will put him in against the likes of john Murray or Jon thaxton… john Murray wont happen he is coming off 2 stoppage wins one against a guy that is pretty good at covering up and taking it to points which clearly shoes he can find openings and work them and khan defense is so leaky and Jon thaxton can punch is fast and can certainly finish.

What got khan where he is now is speed of hand and foot and movement but now he just stands in front of his opponent with a low left. Now he has won the commonwealth title there is a whole continent of African boxers we have never heard of who can become opponents but they will be as tough as nails who would keep coming giving amir rounds frank warren got to protect his investment boxing is a business.. I have no idea how far amir will go there is no doubt he is a good boxer just I wish he’ll return to the style that go him here…
Old 17-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Badman38
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

khan fought at lightweight not light welter weight or welter weight as the fighters mentioned but he was probably a welter weight on fight night