General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ebay dispute-important update

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay dispute-important update

Hi all

I have a problem with a item i bought on ebay and wanted peoples opinion please...i bought a set of grey injectors and a motorsport developments chip for a set up of 7.5 comp ratio,greys,t34 with .63 housing and standard cams from a ebay user...i then sent the chip to stu and injectors to bosch man yesterday to both be checked over and chip altered as i have standard comp ratio...stu rung me this morning and has told me that the chip is no good for my set up as it was mapped for a t4 hybrid and is nothing like as described and also that the person who had it mapped owes him a lot of money so he wont/cant alter it,which is fair enough.....i contacted the seller and they have said they sold it as they bought it from another ebay user which is correct as i checked their feedback...the thing is,i think they are still responsible for what they are selling and its certainly not my fault that its not as described...i paid £300 so i reckon i stand to lose £150 if the set of greys come through the test,but i think that i should be refunded £150 from the ebay user,and then they can chase up the person they bought them from...any views on this?does my proposal sound reasonable?

regards mark
Old 12-07-2007, 12:22 PM
sp00ky2002
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

damn right - if you are the seller then its your responsibility - end of... if you've bought off someone else then sold it on without checking it out first then doubly so...

email them first - if they ain't willing to refund then lodge complaint / dispute with ebay stating the goods were not as described. Plus if you paid through paypal I'm sure you can complain through them too...
Old 12-07-2007, 12:30 PM
sabres74
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

How did you pay for this? If you paid by Paypal open a dispute with the reason that the goods supplied are substantially different to what was described in the auction. Paypal will favour the buyer in 99% of cases and will refund your money by debiting the sellers Paypal/bank account

If you paid by any other method then do the same but through Ebay, but Ebay even if they find in your favour, rarely get your money back. They seem to think it is enough to ban the seller of just warn them as to future behaviour.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

It would depend on the wording of the advert though.

If its says "I was told these were for a ...... but I dont know for certain" or similar, then you basically paid to enter a lottery to see if what they were told was correct or not.

But if it categorically states that is what it is, then you bought exactly that and they havent supplied it.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, ask Stu, if he would knock up a quick statement as to the fact, and maybe even a copy of any printout he might be able to do?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Mark_w

Hi

Stu has already stated that he will write a confirmation letter if needed...heres the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6654&rd=1&rd=1

regards mark
Old 12-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

why did you buy a second hand chip knowing it wasnt right for your car though?
why didnt you just buy one direct of motorsport developments?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Very specific advert there, I dont think the seller has ANY grounds to say they didnt misrepresent the item.

Intentionally or not, they told you a load of bollocks!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

£10 postage? how does that work then?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by Cosworth Rallyesport
why did you buy a second hand chip knowing it wasnt right for your car though?
why didnt you just buy one direct of motorsport developments?
A bit off topic but it was because stu said that he could alter it to suit mine ie standard comp and not low comp otherwise spec was all the same...for what i paid and the price to alter it would of worked out a lot cheaper,but its not as described so i want to cover costs for the chip as its no use to me now.

mark
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Mark_w

I have just emailed the person in question and sent them this link...hopefully we can work out a suitable refund on the chip which as stu said 'is worth about £1.45'

regards mark
Old 13-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Mark_w

I have just heard from phil and the injectors are ok

regards mark
Old 13-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news Mark, as i explained to you, but for others benefit:

Unfortunately, the chip you sent us, serial Number 3333 was installed in a car of someone we considered a trustworthy customer, pending payment from him way back in October 2006 and as yet has still not been paid for so we regret we cannot make modifications for you until it is paid for in full as it is technically stolen. Sorry.
I can however tell you that it was not mapped for a T34 as you have been told at all it was mapped for a hybrid T3 with a compressor housing similar in size and flow to a T4 with a similar compressor that was completely unspecified as there wee no flow maps available for it so it had to be mapped live due to its unusual characteristics and I do not recommend the software you have is used on any engine without that particular turbo fitted to it or terminal engine damage may well result.

I am genuinely sorry to be the bearer of bad news to a valued customer like yourself.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

I should add that i dont think this is actally the vendors "Fault" as such, he has been ripped off too, but that doesnt change the fact he has unintentionally done you a bad turn as a result.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news Mark, as i explained to you, but for others benefit:

Unfortunately, the chip you sent us, serial Number 3333 was installed in a car of someone we considered a trustworthy customer, pending payment from him way back in October 2006 and as yet has still not been paid for so we regret we cannot make modifications for you until it is paid for in full as it is technically stolen. Sorry.
I can however tell you that it was not mapped for a T34 as you have been told at all it was mapped for a hybrid T3 with a compressor housing similar in size and flow to a T4 with a similar compressor that was completely unspecified as there wee no flow maps available for it so it had to be mapped live due to its unusual characteristics and I do not recommend the software you have is used on any engine without that particular turbo fitted to it or terminal engine damage may well result.

I am genuinely sorry to be the bearer of bad news to a valued customer like yourself.
Cant be more honest than that
Old 13-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Thanks.
Old 13-07-2007, 10:56 PM
rssteve

Shouldn't markRS be told of who owes the monies then so he can always try to recover the funds. Or has he already.
Old 14-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by rssteve
Shouldn't markRS be told of who owes the monies then so he can always try to recover the funds. Or has he already.
He has of course and he has been given it in writing.
Old 14-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Mark_w

Thanks stu...I have now bought a new chip from MSD and stu is sending it to me with the old chip and a letter to confirm...The seller has offered to refund me on the chip when i send it back to him,so thats all sorted... A bit of a lesson to be learnt here when buying a 2nd hand chip,as i bought it in good faith from the wording in the ebay ad,i assumed to be the person who had the car mapped,but the ebay seller bought it from the person who owes stu money and misrepresented the chip,so i would imagine he will be chasing the original person up now.

regards mark
Old 14-07-2007, 07:46 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that hasn't come to far from me either

had someone look at my car once who was from st neots and his old sapph was running a T3 with lot's of boost, so maybe the same guy
Old 14-07-2007, 10:21 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

nice to see this was all resolved in a nice and friendly manner

too many times we've had "ebay dispute" as the header and then it disintigrates into a pile of crap so
Old 14-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by dojj

too many times we've had "ebay dispute" as the header and then it disintigrates into a pile of crap so
Its not sorted yet I have just heard from the person i bought it from on ebay and they say the have contacted mark ryan who had it mapped with stu...he has said its definately as described and msd are just trying to get a remap out of me,which i believe to be lies as i trust stu totally...i have asked the person involved to come on here and give their side of the story as i dont think stu will be happy to hear this,especially as this person owes him still for this chip,which makes it not really his property to sell

regards mark
Old 15-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Mark_w

Bttt
Old 15-07-2007, 08:50 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 15-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by mark rs
I have just heard from the person i bought it from on ebay and they say the have contacted mark ryan who had it mapped with stu...he has said its definately as described and msd are just trying to get a remap out of me,
Fabulous how these things turn out isnt it?
No suggestion of him coming round and paying us our money then?
Old 16-07-2007, 05:56 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj

Its not sorted yet I have just heard from the person i bought it from on ebay and they say the have contacted mark ryan who had it mapped with stu...he has said its definately as described and msd are just trying to get a remap out of me,which i believe to be lies as i trust stu totally...i have asked the person involved to come on here and give their side of the story as i dont think stu will be happy to hear this,especially as this person owes him still for this chip,which makes it not really his property to sell

regards mark
so let's get this straight so simple peole lke me can understand what's going on

bloke a goes to stu and says "sort my car out"
stu does the business
bloke a says "i'll pay you in a few days"
bloke a then flogs stuff to bloke b
bloke a still hasn't paid stu
bloke b then puts stuff up on ebay
you (being bloke c) buy the stuff from ebay
you send the stuff to stu to make sure thigns are all hunky dory
stu opens up the package and thinks "what a surprise, this is the stuff i've been waiting for payment for for the last 9 months"

so, did bloke b know that it hadn't been paid for when he bought it from bloke a?
techically, the properly still belongs to msd as it's not been paid for (unless bloke a can produce a recipt, which i would doubt)
so, in the complicated words of the law, you can argue that, even thought bloke b didn't know about the ownership of said items, you can still get your money back off of him and then he would have to see recompense from bloke a, who still needs to pay for the goods in the first place
all the while, msd cold keep the items which they have not yet technically been paid for, even though someone has bought them

the other way would be to get dibble involved but no one's going to win in the real world once that avenue is started down
Old 16-07-2007, 06:09 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least it sounds like the seller is gonna sort you out mate. Then its down to him to sort the guy he got it from, and MSD to sort the non-paying customer.
Old 16-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Mark_w

I have just heard from the person i bought it from on ebay and they say the have contacted mark ryan who had it mapped with stu...he has said its definately as described and msd are just trying to get a remap out of me,
I did say that i trust you 100% though stu and i think the original person who had it mapped is talking crap and has turned the person who sold it to me over...I have only had contact with the middle man and have not spoken to mark ryan,but who knows,he may read this thread and turn up with some money for you.

mark
Old 16-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

I did say that i trust you 100% though stu and i think the original person who had it mapped is talking crap and has turned the person who sold it to me over...I have only had contact with the middle man and have not spoken to mark ryan,but who knows,he may read this thread and turn up with some money for you.

mark
Your faith in us is very kind pal, thank you.
I will have Kenny double and triple check the mapping data today as well as he was very busy when i last spoke to you and it was him who mapped it, but one things for sure, he hasnt had a T34 mapped by us, although i personally remember a T38 so its a possibity you could invest in one of those if you want to make your chip work better? Cheap as chips.
Old 16-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Mark_w

mark
I will have Kenny double and triple check the mapping data today as well as he was very busy when i last spoke to you and it was him who mapped it, but one things for sure, he hasnt had a T34 mapped by us, although i personally remember a T38 so its a possibity you could invest in one of those if you want to make your chip work better? Cheap as chips.
I wont be doing that though as your new chip has just turned up

mark
Old 16-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

mark
I wont be doing that though as your new chip has just turned up

mark
Excellent. Any queries or problems please feel free to call and seek my advice. You bought aftersales support as well as a new Ecu calibration, so dont guess if your even 1% unsure pal.
Old 16-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Mark_w

Stew

Please see ARP STUD AND NUT thread...its all i am unsure on,head gasket and arp kit ok??? can i diy fit .63 housing???

regards mark
Old 16-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Replied over there pal.
Old 16-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Mark_w

Look what i have just found,confirms that he knew what he was selling to me...i won this on the 7th of july and on the 5th he made a comment about being ripped off https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=278858

regards mark