General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAST FORD PERFORMANCE FORD ARE THEY THE BIBLE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
chadyfunster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Proper question to Chadyfunster, what issues were the last that you bought of both the Ford mags you are referring to?
i'm up to date and thank you for making it real discussion im getting disheartend with the scene, everyone seems to have the same mods with a slight twist nothing really unique but very well built cars

whilst the mags keep telling people because they havent a this or a that to get featured is where i think the scene starts goes wrong

other than forums all scenes are pretty much shaped by the media and what we see and read is what most aspire too
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chadyfunster
i'm up to date and thank you for making it real discussion im getting disheartend with the scene, everyone seems to have the same mods with a slight twist nothing really unique but very well built cars
But this is the same with all the scenes show me a dub that is a radical departure from what their scene is all about, I can't recall seeing a really unique dub for a good few years now.

Im not disputing what your saying however I think all scenes have a direction and the general trend is to use what has been proven to work for that scene... why go radical just for the sake of doing it, I simply dont have bottomless pockets and when choosing brakes I will use what is known to work rather than experiment, doing so makes no sence unless I have a need to impress others

Personally speaking my cars build for me and nobody else, its what I want, I don't care if its old, been done before, is liked or disliked.. anyone who builds a car for a scene or specifically a mag feature is sad imho
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 PM
ON-UJAH
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

How many mags do you see which have taken a shitter and a shoestring budget and turned it into an interesting read everymonth?

Long live the Fast Ford Trampdrift Sierra
Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ford scene is the ford scene, the same as the Dub scence is the dub scene.. How many dubds do you see with tiger stripes and lucozade bottles for catch tanks?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 AM
PF Dave
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I've only just seen this as I've been building my Zetec Turbo engine to go in my Ka today... Nothing new there then...

I wasn't going to write anything, but as I've actually read through this post I thought I might as well.

To be fair Stav, Porkie, Chip and the FF boys have covered most things already.

All I'll add is there's no set rules for what makes a feature car, no power brackets, no budget rules etc. It's got to be right for the mag though.
We're PERFORMANCE Ford, therefore that's what we feature although we're clearly governed by the scene to a certain extent.

As for something different, I think it's a little unfair to criticise the mags for several reasons. As an example the new PF that hit the shops today has Brom's 3-door which is completely unique - moved engine, WRC-style suspension setup etc, a RWD Zetec-powered Mk1 Fiesta, the only M-Sport kitted Wolf-tuned Focus ST in the world... etc. etc. There all unique so how much different do you want?

As for the staff behind them, we're all mad on them too. As an example, I've got a Zetec-powered XR2 and a Zetec Turbo-powered Ka, Nick's soon to have a monster Focus RS engine'd RS Turbo and Si's got the only ST170 Turbo in the UK... and that's just on PF!

The FF boys have also got a few... well, rolling shells and Simon's got... a Saff, too! (Love you Si! ) No, in all seriousness Dan's car is pretty off-the-wall and they're a good bunch of lads over there as well.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by chadyfunster

as for you porkie pie i'm sure you eat to many, all you have said is 600 brake 600 brake it is that different from what i ask another cossie with 600 brake
Well it looks fairly different.... as far as I am aware it was pretty much the FIRST UK road going Cossie running over 600bhp on pump fuel. It was the first customer car running on SECS 8 management, one of the first with 4 big injectors and the swedish plenum. Was First customer car to run external wastegate on 2WD manifold, Its only the second car to be running around on the new BARA/Reyland gearbox. It was the first car to have the Full ProAlloy treatment throughout with fuel tank in boot etc... First car running new CXT comps. First car running TH3's etc etc.... so far from following and copying people I was doing what you said and trying new things. Lots of new and nice little touches being done all the time as well.

Do you see many 4x4 3 doors that look like this on way to to Iceland Chavyfuckster?? no.... thought not. So kindly put that in your pipe and smoke it

Notice the subtle touch of the huge one off H&S Exhaust with seperate silenced screamer pipe that exits the other side of the car to a normal 3 door utilising the space where the fuel tank used to live for 2 huge Silencers??? Another one off touch Fuckface

and rather than sit around GOBBING off on the net, the car gets used... recognise this famous track?

Can we see some pics of your car now please Chavy? Thanks and don't forget to tell us all the tales of you pushing the envelope with it and trying new things to move the boring Ford scene on

I can't wait to see them! I am almost as excited as Dojj is awaiting Wrestlemania 93.5

P.S I think you should have one of these

P.P.S I like that Mondy estate
Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 AM
bookwyse

Cheers Porkie,

Like you I am trying something diffrent hence the reason for the estate. Hopefully by the end of the year it will either have a super or turbo on it and should be pushing out over 300 bhp which in a FWD Mondeo is going to be fun.

But it also has to be practical as it is used everyday and all through the summer for windsurfing, kids trips etc.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Sounds like a very cool, practical everyday car matey Bet it never lets you down either which is what you want in a car like that! I'd go supercharged rather than Turbo. Just be more reliable I feel You don't wanna turn it into a 300bhp pain in the ass!

Always liked Mondeos. I have a funny feeling there is going to be a huge power Cossie powered 4x4 Mondo Estate appearing soon
Old 06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
bookwyse

The problem with the supercharger at the moment is the the one for the Mondoe keeps knackering its shaft up so will have to wait and see.

I would much prefer a super charger though as the power will be there and will be more reliable.

As to the reliability it has just had a brand new Ford lump in it after a certain garage screwed up an oil change and put the wrong oil in it!!!!!!!! Apart from that the estate nor anoy ot the 2 other 200's have ever let me down.

More than could be said for the Cossie I had.LOL
Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are going to supercharge it on standard internals, go for a rotrex SP30-94
Old 06-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
If you are going to supercharge it on standard internals, go for a rotrex SP30-94
My thoughts exactly.... Heres a little picture and the reasons why.

I REALLY hope that is a Rotrex picture and google is my friend as in reality I wouldn't know a supercharger from my fooking Elbow and was just trying to make Chip laugh
Old 06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
bookwyse

The trouble is finding one at the right price, without upsetting the missus too much. Everything I do I have to do twice, once on my car and then on hers!!!!!

They reckon that the standard internals are good for over 380 bhp due to having forged rods etc so we will have to see.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
RS500
Advanced PassionFord User

I have allways read performance ford and one the great things about this magazine is you only see high performance cars in the mag not slow ass show car i sight that wat car mag's schould be all about.
I hate shol show cars whit a passion.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bookwyse
Cheers Porkie,

Like you I am trying something diffrent hence the reason for the estate. Hopefully by the end of the year it will either have a super or turbo on it and should be pushing out over 300 bhp which in a FWD Mondeo is going to be fun.

But it also has to be practical as it is used everyday and all through the summer for windsurfing, kids trips etc.
Now that would make an excellent feature car as it would be different and hopefully a good tech read as well keep us posted on how you get on
Old 06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
chadyfunster

right porkie let me begin with your car DOES'NT look that different from the outside anyman could put them wheels and that livery

and underneath is an amazing spec i never denied that

when i started this post it was in the hope that guys and girls that have worked hard got a good car sometimes get overlooked by the mags for various reasons all i which i understand

like i said at the start i was shown another side to modifing in which the cars were styled along side power

so making the point again the magazines shape what we see and aspiire to month in month out so maybe criterias should be less stringant then the more varied scene starts to appear

weve got all power and i think after being shown style can be done aswell

ps porkie im drivin my van at the mo cos i sold my s2 to concemtrate on my own business
Old 06-07-2007, 10:24 AM
chadyfunster

as for superchargers i love the noise of an eaton they sound awsome
Old 06-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I can't be arsed to read 4 pages so apologies if this is irrelevant now lol...

I did all the work on my ERST myself and didn't go out of my way to copy anyone and it got featured in Fast Ford (it even had M3 style mirrors lol)