General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

"Potential Victim" gets a reply :cry:

Search this Thread

Old 20-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default "Potential Victim" gets a reply :cry:

Follow on from this post:
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=276148

I sent an email to the seller from a Mr "Potential Victim", and this is the reply I got exactly as predicted by Fil

Hello,

This 2004 HONDA CIVIC 2.0 I-VTEC is a great car, never implied in any accident, in excellent condition. My job put me on the way to UK and I bought this car there. Now I have to sell it as I've got back home in Croatia. As you know I need a left hand drive vehicle here. The car is in Croatia and it is still registered in UK. The final price is £ 5.000 sterling + shipping to your door.The estimated cost for door to door shipping to just about anywhere in the UK will cost about £ 500 GBP. For an accurate shipping cost please include your shipping address in your next email.

All documents, including V5 log book on your name will be provided along with the car.

I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by eBay, in this way both of us will be protected. I will make all the documents from here on your name and address, they will be signed and legalized and when you will get them you will only have to put your signature on.

If you want to complete the purchase please send me your ebay ID, your full name and address and I will notify ebaythat you are selected as my buyer. After I get in touch with them they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

All the best
Old 20-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to know who do they reel in on these scams....
Old 20-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Chip

What do you mean scam?

I was nervous at first, but obviously since he reassured me I have all the security of Ebay behind me im now happy to deal with him

I thought it sounded like a shit hot deal, I dont mind waiting a couple of weeks for the car to arrive in croatia so Ive wired him the money right away
Old 20-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

igot the same email
Old 20-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ive always wondered if anyone out there has actually been daft enough to fall for one of these.

Well, couple of weeks ago i was down the local sorting office collecting a parcel and this guy steams through the door in a panic waving bits of paper around. Transpires that earlier in the day he sent a laptop to an address in Nigeria!!!!! ....and he had just found out it was a scam. he was BEGGING for them to try and find his laptop and give it back to him. I was absolutely astounded that someone actually fell for it!
Old 20-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Chip

Blimey, must work sometimes then!
Old 20-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I remember i was in a police station with a mate, checking if a taxi driver had handed in his mobile phone.

Infront of us in the queue, was a woman, wanting to speak to the fraud dept. She had sent £800 to a person in nigeria for a television she'd bought on ebay. All her friends had later told her it was a scam and she wanted the police to try and get her money back.

I LOL'd
Old 20-06-2007, 03:22 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

some pple do actually fall for them scams
Old 20-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

FPMSL.

There was also guy on ebay warning other people about the 5k Type R as he got stung by it
Old 20-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
What do you mean scam?

I was nervous at first, but obviously since he reassured me I have all the security of Ebay behind me im now happy to deal with him

I thought it sounded like a shit hot deal, I dont mind waiting a couple of weeks for the car to arrive in croatia so Ive wired him the money right away
chip reply, some crap along the lines of, whats your address? as my brother lives out there, and can get the £5k in cash by the weekend.