General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

That BB eviction!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That BB eviction!!!!

Whats your views???????

Ive had my say on that other thread....

Pete...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:16 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that Channel 4 had no choice to boot her out due to previous shows / celebs one etc... BUT if that whole Shilpa thing hadnt of come of anything / never happened then Emily would still be in there. Emily had to be made of an example this time unfortunately. MY view is that it wasn't used in a racial way in the context, and she shouldn't have been booted but perhaps other PC's on the outside world would jump on something like this....

Chris
Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
se mk3 cabbie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Bit harsh i think, it wasnt said in a racist way as such, but charly made the situation 100 times worse by keeping on about it, she is a shit stirring, attention seeking, annoying idiot, cant wait till she gets booted which will be very soon i think
Old 07-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

But channel 4 don't mind offending and upsetting all the people who emailed and pleaded with them not to air the show about Princess Dianna.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:21 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by se mk3 cabbie
Bit harsh i think, it wasnt said in a racist way as such, but charly made the situation 100 times worse by keeping on about it, she is a shit stirring, attention seeking, annoying idiot, cant wait till she gets booted which will be very soon i think
100% agree with that
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cfoster
100% agree with that
Il fuckin 3rd that!!!!!!!!!!

Pete...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 PM
davie 3 door
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally agree,this has been blown out of proportion to get viewers and guess what!It has worked,alot of rubbish anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

That was absolutely shocking tv.

Emily was wrong to say what she did but it was totally out of context and there was nothing malicious in it.

Charly didnt even flinch when it was said but when she cottened on to what it could sound like to the outside world she milked it for all she could. she should of been the one called ito the dairy room not emily. emily apologised straight away

im a big brother fan but am absolutely sickened by the way ch4 have dealt with it. they could not help the shilpa thing cause it came out the blue but they waited far to long to intervene and dragged it out as long as they could. they should of both been called to the diary room as soon as possible.

instead they let them argue about it all day and grilled emily in the diary room even though they had already made the decision to boot her. ill reiterate, sickening.

not sure if im gonna carry on watching now
Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

She didn't mean it in the "racist way"................ if you can understand there being a non-racist way.

Bottom line is, you can't go on reality TV and use that word as a white person out of historical context and get away with it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im watchin that BB big mouth,,WHAT ALOAD OF SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprising that channel 4 have put all "ohhhhhhhh that was worng" people wrong in the studio tonight!!!!!

As i said,im not afaid to say it...As ive said in another thread,Ive called Aj, (who i am BEST of mates with) a Paki,muslim,bomber,cunt..etc etc,People who you say it too,know its in JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you met a random large girl in a club,the 1st words you would say are "alright,you fat,ugly,over weight,SLAG"???

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its who you know,and knowimg them!!!!!!!!!!

I feek sorry for here,i really do...Just a scape goat for the Goody situation!!!!!

Pete...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
o n i o n
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by warleydaddy
100% agree with that

Pete...
4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

i feel sorry for the girl tbh but end of the day after that bollox that went on in the celeb BB they weren't going to take ANY chances, which is a shame.

if they stuff with jade etc didn't go on, then maybe only a few complaints would of happened. actually no that's bollox what i just said. People would jump on the P.C bandwagon
Old 08-06-2007, 05:53 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by o n i o n
100% agree with that
4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
i'm sure i'll agree with you
i'll watch it tonight and make up my mind, the way the radio was on about it, you'd of thought she said it in front of the whole house
Old 08-06-2007, 06:31 AM
jamesgti
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

she should still be in there as she wasnt saying it to upset or offend anyone. yes it was a random thing for her to say but she meant no harm to anybody. charly kept saying it doesnt bother her yet she is running around talking to people in riddles knowing that they are going to want to know what has happened (in my opinion she should be the next one out i really cant stand her)
Old 08-06-2007, 07:21 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think if Charley hadn't had totally milked the fact it was said and just carried on then none of this would've happened. Perhaps Charley thought it was a perhaps a good way to get attention from the outside (as she has admitted that she went on there to get fame) which it obviously has. Perhaps also Charley knew that Emily would be penalised for it and Charley being pals with Shabnam it could keep her in the house (both were up for eviction tonight).

Who knows, it looked good for Channel 4 doing it after all the Celeb BB sh1t but thats about it. That BBBM show after - what a load of crap, far too many do gooders on there last night. As much as I hate to say it bring back Russell Brand on there!!

Chris
Old 08-06-2007, 07:25 AM
LeviA

What was said? I don't watch BB but just curious why someone was given the boot. She was the fit posh blonde on too wasn't she?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah she was the fit posh blonde, supposidly intelligent!!!

In a nutshell her and Charley were fookin about in the garden, Charley sticks her belly out saying she's pregnant (obviously fookin about) and she something like 'ya breathin out ya n*****. (or something like that!!!!). Nothing offensive at all, Charley didnt even think nothing of it until a few mins later when she tried to milk it as much as she could.....
Old 08-06-2007, 07:42 AM
LeviA

yeah she was the fit posh blonde, supposidly intelligent!!!

In a nutshell her and Charley were fookin about in the garden, Charley sticks her belly out saying she's pregnant (obviously fookin about) and she something like 'ya breathin out ya n*****. (or something like that!!!!). Nothing offensive at all, Charley didnt even think nothing of it until a few mins later when she tried to milk it as much as she could.....
Bummer definitely not going to watch it now she's out!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

Does anyone really care - its a load of absolute SHITE...

Good lord, the only series that was worth watching was the first IMO..
Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

They did the right thing, they were specifically warned not to use terms like that. Yeah the context wasn't bad but frankly she should have watched what she was saying.

Charley certainly milked it for all it was worth.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 AM
jamesw
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Rolls
Does anyone really care - its a load of absolute SHITE...

Good lord, the only series that was worth watching was the first IMO..

2nd that
Old 08-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

I just hate Charley!! lol! (Not saying it was right what Emily said)

Read in the papers, she doesnt know the footballers as well as she makes out! Silly cow!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

I think that Channel 4 had no choice to boot her out due to previous shows / celebs one etc... BUT if that whole Shilpa thing hadnt of come of anything / never happened then Emily would still be in there. Emily had to be made of an example this time unfortunately. MY view is that it wasn't used in a racial way in the context, and she shouldn't have been booted but perhaps other PC's on the outside world would jump on something like this....

Chris
i agree with that
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

100% agree with that

Pete...
4th that!

she said she was cool with it, then went around telling everyone and telling them not to mention it i.e when she told shabnam

seeking attention big time, kick her out ick her in the face
Old 08-06-2007, 08:50 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

channel 4 HAD to do something about it... they couldnt just sit there and let it slide... it was wrong to say it, but they blew it up to show they were doing something about it...

it has brought up a very interesting debate though... how can you have the word "nigger" used so much in the media and songs, then when some white person says it, it becomes offensive... granted its down to context... but thats not the way it gets handled... just my opinion...

the 'N' word has lost its meaning... it used to be used as a dergitary (sp) word for slaves... now its thrown about like the word "food"... it just cant have as much effect as it does...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Glad shes gone the stupid sniveling little bitch , very manipulative especially with ref to trying to make out Ziggy lied about her and the game plan thing with Chanelle and saying she didnt

Then lied about her NOT being the only one who used that word in the house ........... well how come the first person wasnt kicked out then ?

Shes a lying cunt who got what she deserved IMO now fuck that Charley off next week and everything will be harmonious
Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

couldn't give a dead rats arse, fucking shite programme, the more people talk about it and keep it in the news producers will be laughing, blank the shit ffs, someone should arson attack the place, when its un-occupied I might add

Luciano
Old 08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
slim20012
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

its no longer a reality show in my eyes so is not worth watching
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Pittsy

charley needs kicking in the piss flaps more fake than pam andersons tits
Old 08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I believe it was more her actions after saying it that got her booted out.

She knew she shouldn't have said it and she knew everyone would know she'd said it. Yet chose to mince around the house trying to pretend it never happened, make up excuses that made it acceptable and then went to bed.

She should have gone straight to the diary room and acknowledged she'd slipped up, apologised and made it clear she knew it was wrong. If she'd showed responsibility then I don't believe she'd have been evicted.

The fact is a lot of young people watch BB and treat the contestants as role models, they should not be exposed to people using terms like that and failing to acknowledge how they can be seen as offensive. How you project yourself on TV to an audience of millions cannot be compared to how you behave in your own little world.

I believe it is not comparable to what happened in CBB, the Shilpa incident was more down to a lack of cultural understanding and bullying which brewed over a relatively long period, not to mention totally blown out of proportion and plagued with misunderstanding of the facts.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

load of bollocks about fuk all it`s just the way of the crazy fuked up world we live in
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
AlexD
Post Miester !

WHAT EVA !........ BOTHERED !!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rough as fuck
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

At the end of the day Channel 4, Big Brother etc have got to protect themselves and thus she had to go.

I know why they evicted her but I kind of feel that she should have been given another chance.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

that charly slag needs shooting, dumb brainless bitch
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
AlexD
Post Miester !

Originally Posted by RANJ
that charly slag needs shooting, dumb brainless bitch
Too the point ..
Old 08-06-2007, 02:35 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

she shouldn't have said it
end of
the other twat shouldn't have miled the fact
end of
they should just le them all rot in there for the duration of the series

what they should do is vote for people who can't win, but leve them in there and not tell them who got the losing vote
the next time someone is up for "eveiction" if the same names keep coming up they get discounted

you could effectivly be left with no one getting "evitected" on certain weeks or people with just one nomination up for the chop

that wuld be much better as you'd see how peole could change the longer they stayed in there