General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Whats your take on Madeline Mcann ?

Search this Thread

Old 30-05-2007, 05:44 PM
B19 LBP
RS in the blood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

madeline is an ivf baby

wrong user name

** t **
Old 30-05-2007, 05:45 PM
MancDave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

Originally Posted by rabmc
Hmmm for some reason i think she may still be alive, seems unlikely i know but just have a wee feeling , BUT if she still is then who knows what could be happening to her , lets be realistic what kind of people steals a kid ! and there parents well ! dont get me started on that ! it was a accident waiting to happen !!!!
Parents well being a heart surgeon and g.p they probably don.t have the same bond as most of us do with our children
Nanny and all that crap too busy at work all the fookin time it makes me rage
To even try and justify fooks me off royaly

Always the same this country:
1 rule for middle class
1 rule for working class
Old 30-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reckon she's dead

As for the parents
Old 30-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Katie

The parents don't deserve all the ''support'' they are getting for neglecting their three children under 4! Madeline was the oldest, the other kids are like 2 or something? Apart from the risk of abduction, the risk of them burning themselves on some hair straighteners or drowning in a bath would be enough for me not to leave any child under about 12 locked alone in a room anywhere, especially in a foreign country. Christ, I couldn't leave a bloody dog locked in a room just in case there was a fire...let alone kids.

It may well be that man they were questioning whos mother had the stall to find her...remember the soham murders where ian huntley was in every interview trying to look for the girls to divert attention from himself..

Poor kid though
Old 30-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i would imagine the cops suspected the parents from the off as a matter of course, there rooms probs bugged etc, same with that police women killed in London last year, they finally arrested her husband last month so in time if its them they will suss em out
Old 30-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

http://www.guardian.co.uk/child/story/0,,848801,00.html

Portugal's elite linked to paedophile ring

Abuse was reportedly going on at Lisbon orphanage for 20 years
http://www.guardian.co.uk/child/stor...360133,00.html

Portugal's highest-profile trial for years began at a Lisbon court yesterday with a leading television presenter, a former ambassador and five others accused of involvement in a child prostitution ring which allegedly abused orphanage children over a period of 20 years.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1764318.ece

Dozens of sex offenders who travelled to the Algarve in the month before the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are being hunted by police in Portugal and Britain, The Times has learnt.

Portuguese detectives have drawn up a description of a British man whom they want to question over Madeleine’s disappearence. A computer-generated artist’s impression of the suspect shows a white man, 5ft 8in (1.7m) tall, aged 35 to 40, with short, dark hair.

Same shit happens here though, all the time. You'll rarely here about it though....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincora_boy's_home

The Kincora boy's home was a children's home in Belfast that was the scene of a notorious child sex abuse scandal.

The scandal first came to public attention on 3rd April 1980, when three members of staff at the home, William McGrath, Raymond Semple and Joseph Mains, were charged with a number of offences relating to the systematic abuse of children in their care over a number of years. All three were later convicted.

Allegations later emerged that the Royal Ulster Constabulary had been informed of the goings-on at the home for years previously, but had not moved to prevent it, because the manager of the home, William McGrath, was also the leader of an obscure loyalist paramilitary group, called Tara, and was being blackmailed by MI5 into providing intelligence on other loyalist groups.

A "private inquiry" was set up in 1982 by James Prior, the Northern Ireland secretary to deal with these allegations, but it collapsed after three of its members resigned.
http://www.socialequality.org.uk/iw/241/14a241.shtml

State cover-up of high level paedophile ring
By Tony Hyland

For the last 18 months a Public Tribunal has heard damning evidence of how a number of children's homes supplied a paedophile ring over a 20 year period. Hundreds of children were subjected to physical and sexual abuse by those who were entrusted with their welfare.

Care workers also acted as go-betweens for a paedophile ring that extends into the topmost layers of society. Policemen, church ministers, local authority executives, senior businessmen and politicians, including someone believed to be a leading supporter of Margaret Thatcher, have been identified.
Old 30-05-2007, 06:17 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If the parents have nothing to do with it they are fucked, for the rest of their days!

Living with the grieff of losing your young child never mind losing your child because you were in a foreign country, around many strangers, coming from the uk where the public will quite happily & in my opinion rightly take a mob rule approach and give absolutely nothing to the authorities whe it comes to the police trying to find a pedo killer.

And pedomania is well publicised by the media.

They didnt want to splash the cash on a minder and thought they'd get a nice meal for themselves instead.........they will never let that go, its on their conciense forever and those other kids will never be out their sight again, never mind be out at a friends for a sleepover or a wee camping trip, IF their family survives this.

They'l dream about it every night and itll be their every thought till they die, no need for hanging.
Old 30-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

I think shes never going to be seen again...hope im worng but sadly i doubt it

I also think its bad they left her...i would never leave my daughter like that.......but we all make mistakes some worse than others....and they are being punished enough without other people mentioning this...

I also think its pathetic all this going to the Pope BOLLOX...fuck the fucking pope WTF can he do? Go out looking for her himself??? Fucking religion...if there was a god she wouldnt have gone missing in the first place
Old 30-05-2007, 06:29 PM
dave_si

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Big pedophile ring in Portugal, she's probably still alive, although part of me hopes not if she's in the hands of these sick fucks. Sick fucks that the police turn a blind eye to over there. 140 known sex offenders travelled out there the month before? The whole place has a problem.
Unfortunately I have to agree with this
Old 30-05-2007, 06:31 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by Big G
Originally Posted by jungleistmassiv
my opinion is that the parents may have something to do with it.
Agreed.

My take on this is as follows.

Mrs McAnn got nailed by another bloke, resulting in little Madeline popping out, Mr McAnn has since found out, and after having twins has wanted to reject Madeline, so got her bumped off.
....steady on fella...!!!
Old 30-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Hmmmm, my take on the situation is that she is no longer alive.

Nor was she after 1 week maximum. Its sad to see, but these people are very fucked up, so much infact that she was probably 'used' and then cut up and dumped in various places around the country OR was used as food to some animal.

Its a very weird situation. This is the 1st time I have ever seen a family so intent on getting a child back. Fair enough everyone would want their child back, I'm not arguing that. But it seems they are very wanting in terms of keeping themselves in the public eye as to prove they are nothing to do with it.

Who knows.

Thats my 2p anyway.
Old 30-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

I reckon all this media publicity is harming finding Maddie. Whoever abducted her will have gone to ground and will lay low until it all stops. The longer it goes on, the less likelihood there is of finding her alive.
Old 30-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

And now for a different slant.

I think there was an accident in that Villa, and the girl died. Maybe acidental electrocution or accidently drowned I dont know.

They panicked!(1) They have hidden her body somewhere (2) then gone out for a meal to get an alabi. Convientiently leaving the other 2 kids in the place unguarded.(3) They've checked back periodically to enforce the alabi. and then "discovered" shes gone.

The mother is IMO the guilty party. She looks the most distraught in the numerous media calls. The Father is being a good husband and holding it in for her sake. As he knows he hes guilty of altering a crime scene. Hes also got the fact she may breka one day and he can deny any knowledge

1. These are VERY intelligent people. They can think under pressure and make good decisions every day. Formualting a cover story is well within their capacity.
2. I think by the sea. They wrote on their blog they went for a run one morning (after the "abduction") to the cliffs.
3. The smaller kids will never of known if the other girl was even in the villa. They only believe what the parents tell them.

However. I think this has gone far further than they expected it to. They HOPED the body would be discovered soon. And they could return to the UK. As the media have gotten behind them, they have to play along. Each day hoping the body is discovered. Hence their determination to stay in Portugal.

Im not sure on the abuser angle. Old Nutbag 9/11 conspiracy fool, as ever, quotes a lot and infers things. But I bet theres just as many (percentage wise) convicted sex offenders in the UK. I bet whereever you are in the country theres more than 50 within a mile radius of you. So its not like the Algarve is Pedo-Central of the world.
Old 30-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

See to be honest Rich.... I think alot of what you said makes sence...
Old 30-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rich_w

I think there was an accident in that Villa, and the girl died. Maybe acidental electrocution or accidently drowned I dont know.

They panicked!(1) They have hidden her body somewhere (2) then gone out for a meal to get an alabi. Convientiently leaving the other 2 kids in the place unguarded.(3) They've checked back periodically to enforce the alabi. and then "discovered" shes gone.

The mother is IMO the guilty party. She looks the most distraught in the numerous media calls. The Father is being a good husband and holding it in for her sake. As he knows he hes guilty of altering a crime scene. Hes also got the fact she may breka one day and he can deny any knowledge

1. These are VERY intelligent people. They can think under pressure and make good decisions every day. Formualting a cover story is well within their capacity.
2. I think by the sea. They wrote on their blog they went for a run one morning (after the "abduction") to the cliffs.
3. The smaller kids will never of known if the other girl was even in the villa. They only believe what the parents tell them.

However. I think this has gone far further than they expected it to. They HOPED the body would be discovered soon. And they could return to the UK. As the media have gotten behind them, they have to play along. Each day hoping the body is discovered. Hence their determination to stay in Portugal.
Sounds like a nutbag conspiracy theory to me

And if you had read my post like you usually don't you would have seen I said the problem is just as bad here.
Old 30-05-2007, 07:49 PM
MancDave

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

Originally Posted by Rich_w

Im not sure on the abuser angle. Old Nutbag 9/11 conspiracy fool, as ever, quotes a lot and infers things. But I bet theres just as many (percentage wise) convicted sex offenders in the UK. I bet whereever you are in the country theres more than 50 within a mile radius of you. So its not like the Algarve is Pedo-Central of the world.
A very different way of analising this and it does make you think why it took them 3hrs to report it to authorities ?

I would admit i can smell a rat things do not add up not 1 fookin breakdown in public not a single tear or a choked up sentance??
Old 30-05-2007, 07:49 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

something very dodgy with this I think...

Why would two well educated ( her parents are both doctors) leave thier 3 kids ( all under 5) unadended for ANY time at all?

They even left the door to the ground floor flat unlocked!!

WTF

sorry but just read thru the whole thread and a few folks think along the same line as me..
Old 30-05-2007, 07:58 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think she'll be found, to close to big countries she coukld be anywhere and the police don't have the resources to search such large areas of Portugal, Spain, Morocco and fooks knows where else you can traval in nearly 1 month
Old 30-05-2007, 08:38 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think she was abducted and sold to a african as a sacrifice, which is very widespread there, and not a million miles away, easy to smuggle out of country, just look how many illegals manage to cross borders.
I think the parents should be prosecuted, adn have their other children taken into care permanently, they have shown money IS more important, TO THEM.
A surgeon is on at least 120k a year, GP is at least 50k, and they would not pay for a sitter!!
I do not know people who would leave their kids unattended, with the door unlocked, lock the door and go out the back garden to hang washing out etc yes but not this.
Portugal is a crap hole anyway, that is why they are all coming here.
tabetha
Old 30-05-2007, 08:49 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Holy shit man , we have columbo on here !!! hmm just one more thing

Rich w
, that is a really good/bad way to look at it , and you have really gave me another perspective on it ! maye the cops could do with listening to you ! may get further ![/b]
Old 30-05-2007, 09:35 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Lucid
If the parents have nothing to do with it they are fucked, for the rest of their days!

Living with the grieff of losing your young child never mind losing your child because you were in a foreign country, around many strangers, coming from the uk where the public will quite happily & in my opinion rightly take a mob rule approach and give absolutely nothing to the authorities whe it comes to the police trying to find a pedo killer.

They didnt want to splash the cash on a minder and thought they'd get a nice meal for themselves instead.........they will never let that go, its on their conciense forever and those other kids will never be out their sight again, never mind be out at a friends for a sleepover or a wee camping trip, IF their family survives this.

They'l dream about it every night and itll be their every thought till they die, no need for hanging.

At last.......A sensible reply.
Old 30-05-2007, 09:40 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i just feel so sorry for the little girl
Old 30-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
Originally Posted by Big G
Originally Posted by jungleistmassiv
my opinion is that the parents may have something to do with it.
Agreed.

My take on this is as follows.

Mrs McAnn got nailed by another bloke, resulting in little Madeline popping out, Mr McAnn has since found out, and after having twins has wanted to reject Madeline, so got her bumped off.
....steady on fella...!!!
Why, maybe abit far fetched but still possible.
Old 30-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

something not right
Old 30-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The thing that annoy's me the most is,

How many children have died or been harmed in these 20 odd days, how many innocent kids in Africa have died because of no food or water, the rewards for finding this kiddy could go to supporting aid in a 3rd world country. Yes it is a shitter whats happened, but there are many many more kiddies out there who are in a far worse situation, and not by choice.
Old 30-05-2007, 09:49 PM
pig

Originally Posted by lamb chops
What makes me laugh is if it had been a single mother on benefit who had left her kids to go for dinner there would be outcry. Because he’s a heart surgeon and she’s a GP no one seems to mind...

Plus they turned down the baby sitting service as it was too expensive…

that statement is so so right my friend,there would of been an outcry about the whole sorry thing.poor girl.
Old 30-05-2007, 10:30 PM
plynchy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As many have said, how the fuck could they leave THREE kids unattended???

I know LOADS of people with kids, and not one of them would do this, self included. My daughter doesn't go out of my sight, ever. I just don't get it.
Old 30-05-2007, 10:46 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant get my head round just how calm the parents seem to be at all times-it all seems so matter of fact to them.

i have an almost 3 year old little girl,firstly i would never let her out of my sight-anywhere.and if she did go missing i would not be able to rest until i had found her.i certainly wouldnt be jetting off to see the pope.i would be relentlessly searching for her until i couldnt search any more.the agony of her missing would tear me apart.

something isnt right-poor little kid,just hope she is found safe and well.

who has started "the fund" for them and what is it for?surely they dont have to pay to stay in portugal?

something not right-cant imagine being a parent doing something to my own kid but the world is full of allsorts now......
Old 30-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Whythe fuck leave their kids alone in the first place? I think thats bang out of order!
totally agree with you, it just isnt on!

but she's probley dead, poor girl
Old 30-05-2007, 10:53 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

In the nicest way why has no one blamed the parents???

Leaving their daughter in a flat by thmeslves????

Realistically going from other similar investigations it seems very likely this girl is dead.
Old 30-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
In the nicest way why has no one blamed the parents???

Leaving their daughter in a flat by thmeslves????

Realistically going from other similar investigations it seems very likely this girl is dead.

Pretty much EVERY post before this one has blamed the parents...

My partner said the same, there is something VERY untowards happening here....

Poor Madeleine

Old 30-05-2007, 11:44 PM
digita1dragon
Advanced PassionFord User

I suspected the parents straight off. As other say, too calm. Although on the BBC they said that the parents have been psychologically trained to believe that she is still alive, so that could possibly account for the unusual reaction.
A mate at work reckons she was targeted and taken because of her parents. I saw that last mobile phone footage of her boarding the plane etc and in that her dad is looking like a right miserable c**t. His mate goes, cheer up **** you're on holiday! Which makes me think maybe something was on his mind and maybe Madeline has been taken to use as leverage against him.

I find it hard to believe that such a well off couple wouldn't pay for a babysitter tho
Old 30-05-2007, 11:55 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Something dodgy about the whole thing, father looks prime suspect/dodgy character. No emotion, dumps the kids when they will know better than most to leave them alone at home, let alone in a foreign country, sounds a right weegie numpty to boot. They seem to enjoy the limelight a bit too much for me aswell. I do very much hope they find her alive and well however and I am wrong.
Old 31-05-2007, 12:06 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my daughters gone missing, what should i do? hmm i know, fuck it, ill go out jogging and forget about her

the mother was on the tv the other day with a reporter interviewing her whilst she was on her morning jog id be crying my eyes out if my kid was missing, thank fuck i dont have any lol
Old 31-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dan
Originally Posted by Adrian
Originally Posted by Matt J
No offence, but is it just me who's sick of hearing about it?
Nope, not just you.
Agreed mate, dragged on far too long! WHAT THE FUCK are they doing meeting with the Pope FFS! All the other parents with missing kids don't get treated this way, fucks me right off!

She's dead, give up and move on ffs!
I think it's a bit strong saying your sick of hearing it, yes it's getting dragged on but if it was your kids it would be a different story and you'd want all the help you could get.

Mind what a pair of daft cunts the parents must be

I just hope she gets found and alive

I think the idea of them seeing the pope is for more publicity, people all over will find out about who may not all ready know
Old 31-05-2007, 06:38 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucid

so let me get this straight
i go out and leave my son indoors asleep on his own, but it's ok, i'm only at the other house which is 100 yards up the road and i go back and check every half hour or so
then i find that he's missing
you are telling me that just because i say i'm sorry that the millions of hours of police and tv time and millions of Ł's of resources won't have gone to waste when i could have spent a few quid on a baby sitter or not gone to the other house or gone to the other house with the little un because i now "feel guilty"?

no, sorry, that doesn't make sense
the law says that if you act like a cunt you get treated like a cunt and if you break the law you get punished for it, regardless of what your own personal feelings on the matter are

they've left their kids home alone and, as has happened in teh past, peole have had their kids taken from them and they've been put away for it, not treated with kid gloves and all lovey dovey ebcause it'll hurt their feelings

why do you think they are traipsing around teh place and not coming home? they know that everyone is going to know who they are and everyone is going to treat them like uncaring fuckers when they come back here so why should they get the sympathy vote?
what the fuck are they doing visiting the pope? will the kidnappers see the light and repent their sins? will they fuck

as much a it pains me to say this, little maddie is probably dead and buried bceause of the distincitve nature of her eye and, rather than give it the big speaches and meet people, her "parents" need to come abck and face the music
or they should be banged up in portugal until they are tried for child abuse, which is what it's tantamount to

fuck me, mel gibson was a better distrught parent in ransom than either of these 2 gimps, the famileies have shown more emotion than they have
Old 31-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i mate of mine has a good firend who uses the same holiday camp and they use whats called the reverse lottery, where by there are members of staff who patrol the grounds and if you child is woken up or upset them a member of staff comes and finds you, (by coming to your resturant and holding up your number, hence the reverse lottery cos you dont want your numbers coming up), why they didnt want this and the babysitting service i dont know, as they are part of the deal and dont encure any extra charge i was told.

I think the parents are way too calm and composed, i would be a wreck if my little princess was missing.

alos if there was a 2.5mil reward for my little girl i would make a point of making it a massive headliner and keep hitting this money reward home on all news chanels as people who may not care about a little girl may give a shit about money and double cross mates etc etc,

hope shes found but its not looking good, maybe instead of doing the PR stuff in front of the cameras the parents the focus could be more of helping search for the girl.
Old 31-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Totally agree with the above
Old 31-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

I dont think she will be found

And i agree there is something not right at all.

It makes me mad that nothing is said about the parents at all and how they left her alone while they went for a meal. As people with kids have said above they would not let their kids out of sight, neither would i if i was a parent.

The truth will all come out in the end.
Old 31-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if the babysitting was no extra charge why didnt they use it
but its not like that was that bothered about there kids if they checked every hour

when i put my baby to bed im forever checking on her and she's only in the next room

maybe they should start looking after there other 2 kids now instead of going to meet the pope cause lets be honest he cant help them they need show some love to the twins

Quick Reply: Whats your take on Madeline Mcann ?