General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What a stuck up TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28-05-2007, 01:56 PM
BigMouthBillyBass
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like the bit of the 180 where it becomes a roundabout to join the M18. Fair enough the lorry driver was wrong to pull over into lane 3 early to turn right at the roundabout, but again why was he hoofing it down the outside lane with no lights or sirens on. typical "do no wrong" copper if you ask me. He says it was an empty motorway, but obviously it wasn't because if it was the truck wouldnt have been there would it? Both parties were in the wrong if you ask me, but the copper's sheer arrogance makes me want to side with the trucker
Old 28-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can see the Lorry indicating , Why couldnt he....

Why didnt he slow down, Why didnt he sound his sirons?

CUNT!
Old 28-05-2007, 02:04 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

Originally Posted by JayKay
Just watched it again,,,

Why the hell did the lorry driver move into Lane 3? EVen if he was going right at the roundabout he didnt need to move lanes AT ALL... the way I see it lane 3 ENDED/merged into Lane 2 so he was in the correct position anyway! (Watch the bit just after he hit the lorry and the copper is in lane 3 you can see the arrows telling traffic to merge into lane 2...
Since when can you turn right at a roundabout in lane 1??
Old 28-05-2007, 02:11 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Both in the wrong, but the copper was more so, he did not attempt to brake until it was far to late, he thought he was going to make it if he was honest

Also, the copper show a higher skill of drving in my opinion, and be able to judge a situation and do the right thing.

There looks to have been plenty of time to slow down from the time the indicator went on.

As always and is life, there are good drivers and bad drivers, many accidents could be avoided by thinking more about what is going on, and being less cocky and more prepared.
Old 28-05-2007, 02:15 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

I spend most of my working week flying up and down the motorways, mainly M1. M62, M18, M180/181. Why is it ok for coppers in marked cars to travel at 90/100mph with no lights sirens on, just basically driving from A to B (or to the next roadside cafe) when it isn't OK for everyone else. Fair enough they have been trained in advanced driving etc but unless they are chasing something or speeding to the scene of an accident is it really necesary to drive at those speeds??
Old 28-05-2007, 02:22 PM
pjv7771
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

very poor driving from the copper, the wagon driver should have turned right from lane 2 but the copper should have seen the the danger from the wagon from a mile away, theres no way the guy would be anticipating a car doing 130 mph, 6 and half a dozen in imho, cop was a nob though
Old 28-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeE30
Us lorry drivers wouldnt have to pull into the other lanes to stop people passing .
thats in the lorry drivers highway code is it? You HAVE to do that
Old 28-05-2007, 04:58 PM
alistairolsen

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry, got to agree with the copper on that one, no way the lorry should have been in lane 3, ever, if he couldnt see clearly in his mirrors he shouldnt have changed lanes until he could, especially into the third lane where anyone would assume they arent going to fing an artic!

When you rech the point at which the lorry can see the police car (when the police camera can see the mirror) he makes no attempt to take any avoiding action despite the presence of a fucking great flourescent volvo and pulls fully into the third lane.

Smacks of an assumption that people will stay out of his way if he changes slowly enough, a lack of understanding of traffic law, and VERY slow reactions when it does all go tits up

All said and done tho, the plod left any form of avoiding action VERY late, simply backing off early would have prevented it, and after the event, he could have handled it so much better, deffo not a people person lol
Old 28-05-2007, 05:47 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Originally Posted by alistairolsen
sorry, got to agree with the copper on that one, no way the lorry should have been in lane 3, ever, if he couldnt see clearly in his mirrors he shouldnt have changed lanes until he could, especially into the third lane where anyone would assume they arent going to fing an artic!

When you rech the point at which the lorry can see the police car (when the police camera can see the mirror) he makes no attempt to take any avoiding action despite the presence of a fucking great flourescent volvo and pulls fully into the third lane.

Smacks of an assumption that people will stay out of his way if he changes slowly enough, a lack of understanding of traffic law, and VERY slow reactions when it does all go tits up

All said and done tho, the plod left any form of avoiding action VERY late, simply backing off early would have prevented it, and after the event, he could have handled it so much better, deffo not a people person lol
Sorry, but the police officer had a clear view and should have been able to avoid this situation. What if there was a stranded car on lane 3? Would he also say "oooohhh, that's not supposed to be here" and keep the foot to the floor???
Old 28-05-2007, 06:02 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Oh, and what's this shit about "he didn't even stop". Should they have stopped on lane 3 and caused a massive danger for all other motorists? Or wait for another copper who has watched too many yankee highway chase vids to crash into them?

Send the stupid cunt to Germany for some Autobahn driving. Bet he wouldn't even survive day one with poor driving like that...
Old 28-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Haven't read any comments.

Lorry driver was at fault 90%, Blues should have gone on as soon as he saw the lorry as well as the sirens.

What would have happened if it was anyone else? Couldn't have pulled them over could you? If I had just been braking from 130mph then getting pushed on to the central reservation and hit the side of a lorry. I would be more than slightly pissed off. I'm suprised he acted so well to be honest.
Old 28-05-2007, 06:58 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

but you are missing the point
the outside lane was merging into the middle lane, and there was a roundabout coming up where the lorry driver wanted to turn right, thats why he spent so long with his indicator on beofre he moved across
the copper should have seen this and been aware that the lorry driver was coming across as he still had his indicators on, it's sort of clue in the direction that the vehicles are normally going
Old 28-05-2007, 07:08 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the bm must have been long gone, he was no where in sight
Old 28-05-2007, 07:11 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

this is what happened to my gf first car when a lorry decided he wasnt looking where he was going....

Old 28-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The Motorway was dead, the roundabout is at least half mile away, and even then he doesn't need to be in Lane 3, the exit road is 2 lanes wide to the roundabout, basicaly the HGV driver fucked up, but at that speed id say its common sense to have what they call the full monty
Old 28-05-2007, 07:25 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

that looks to be just a bit fucked up
Old 28-05-2007, 07:27 PM
jamesw
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JoeE30
Us lorry drivers wouldnt have to pull into the other lanes to stop people passing if you all didnt then get to the last minute and just pull into a gap you shouldnt be in causeing more problems.

Why exactly do you have to pull into the lanes, just to stop us going by? If it the road signs say merge in turn, why the fuck cant we?? If it says merge in turn or coming up to roadworks where 3 lanes go into one, road signs says lane 3 closes is in 400 yards, that does not mean it closes where you say it does it means it closes in 400 yards, is that really that hard to comprehend???
Old 28-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to me it looks like the lorry driver got in that lane so no fucker decided to cut infront and cause a issue,, which is wrong but i suppose its hes way to be safe

THE MAIN THING I WANNA KNOW WAS WHY SHOULD THE POLICE BE ALLOWED TO SPEED WITH NO SIRENS ON !!! they got them so why not fucking use them

should be standard practise that if they speed they NEED to ahve the sirens on as they are approching cars faster than the cars will realise due to them not having them on

the coppers sly way of nicking a driver caused him to crash,,, aswell as the cunt in the lorry

sorry but the old bill should have to have there sirens on,, if not then just take the fucking things off

il remove my seatbelt too as i know its needed but i only need it if i crash,, same with the air bag, take that out as thats not needed unless i crash

if its only needed to warn other drivers,,,, well that lorry needed warning

AND THE FUCKING COPPER LIED TO HIM SAYING HE HAD HIS FUCKING LIGHTS ON WHEN HE NEVER !!!!

how can it be legal the police LIE to get a conviction

130 you are aproching a lorry indicating doing over twice his speed,, he see no lights and so thinks your doing 70ish,,, theres a turn and then the coppers in his blind spot but the lorry driver thinks hes futher away cause hes only doing 70 and not 130 otherwise he would be in pursuit mode,, with say lights on ect

hes about to turn left and worried the copper wont let him in and that hes gonna have a car on the outside come up and want to go straight over, when hes turning left and its gonna be close to the round about when he gets near considering he thinks the copper is doing half the distance he is

its not like he just pulled along lanes either he moved SLOW and he was in his lane well before the copper tried to fly down it too,,,, the copper thought he would make it or he would be behind the lorry doing 55mph for a bit as hes gonna use the roundabout

considering the copper knows the road he must have guessed hes gonna turn right at the roundabout hence he interupted the bloke when he replied and ignored to mention the roundabout

the copper also realised he lies on camera as he paused for a moment when he said he had his lights on,,,, in a way that shows hes USED to lying to people but realised hes on camera when he said it so had a rethink

AND THE FUCKING TV COMPANY COVERED HIM BY SAYING HES GOT HES LIGHTS ON WHEN HE AINT AT THE START