General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ARGH WHAT A TIT!

Search this Thread

Old 24-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARGH WHAT A TIT!

I just wrote the most stupid paragraph on my second application for the Royal Navy. It reads like this.

What role would you like to undertake in the Royal Navy and why?

Aircraft Tecnician - Mechanical (Engines). I have a good understanding of Mechanics in general and would take great pleasure in exploring Aircraft Mechanics to feed my passion for Aircraft and Mechanics.

And I want to serve in HM Forces.

TWAT! I'm so annoyed with myself. Too tired, didn't think before writing. How the fook am I going to correct that. (written application!)

Old 24-05-2007, 05:38 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Get a new aplication form? Get a mate to get one and then you fill it in. Not the end of the world is it.
Old 24-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Its the second one. It comes through after you complete phase one of the application. Its not the end of the world. But it would look VERY shite if I used tipex or similar.
Old 24-05-2007, 05:43 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Can you not just ask them for another form? things happen all the time to stuff like that. Say your 5 year old niece made it into a paperman chain or something.
Old 24-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Could be an idea.

I'll pop down on Tuesday. I feel like such a GOM right now, really do. Its not like me to do things. I'm usually on the ball, ALL the time.

Ta matey
Old 24-05-2007, 06:07 PM
BigMouthBillyBass
Advanced PassionFord User

http://youtube.com/watch?v=385f9-fM63k

Is it really like this?
Old 24-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

I wouldn't know. But as I am a 6ft 2 lad built like a brick shit house, any person that wants me to drop the soap so they can slip my bumcheeks a length will soon know about it. In the shape of a broken face.

Although if I did do that, I don't think i'd last too long.

Lets hope not ey?
Old 24-05-2007, 06:11 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by BigMouthBillyBass
http://youtube.com/watch?v=385f9-fM63k

Is it really like this?
Old 24-05-2007, 06:19 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

Originally Posted by Flip2k3
I wouldn't know. But as I am a 6ft 2 lad built like a brick shit house, any person that wants me to drop the soap so they can slip my bumcheeks a length will soon know about it. In the shape of a broken face.

Lets hope not ey?
Apparently only one of the village people was actually gay...but i can't recall which one. I'll wait til B9 KOS is around later, i'm sure he will know
Old 24-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just put a simple straight line through it and re-write
Old 24-05-2007, 06:40 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Could be an idea.

I'll pop down on Tuesday. I feel like such a GOM right now, really do. Its not like me to do things. I'm usually on the ball, ALL the time.

Ta matey
No worries mate. All the best with it
Old 24-05-2007, 06:47 PM
terrytennick
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I wouldn't know. But as I am a 6ft 2 lad built like a brick shit house

You do realise there aint a lot of room on them there boats dont you?

Youd possibly be better off spannering big jets, nimrods or hercs.

More chance of doing actual engineering work on the larger older arcraft too, most of the depth maintenance on smaller aircraft is contracted out.
Old 24-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Can't get the qualification to join the RAF matey. tried 3 times with no success but scored enough in the tests to get in. Go figure
Old 25-05-2007, 06:27 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you should have put something like "would like to learn to swin so i can't retire afterwards as a life guard"
Old 25-05-2007, 08:33 AM
RS-Leigh
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If you need any advice mate then give me a shout

I have just left the Royal Navy after 16 years as a Weapons Engineer.

(if I was you though, I would get those Qualifications and join the RAF)

Leigh
Old 25-05-2007, 09:18 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Without being pedantic, i'd type it out in word and use capital letters in the right place then spell check it before copying onto your application form

Good luck

Old 25-05-2007, 09:25 AM
terrytennick
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by RS-Leigh

if I was you though, I would get those Qualifications and join the RAF

It may be worth considering (amazing! a plumber dishing out good advice, very rare! apart from when they say RUN, thats always worth paying attention to :P )

Right now is a bad time to join the RAF, there is a lot of grumbling, massive changes, and a considerable amount of experienced engineers are pissed off and leaving.

For AT(M) the basic requirements are 3 GCSEs, they can be done fairly quickly at college , Hand skills are a definate must, not required by the idiots (i mean officers) in charge, but when you get into training knowing one end of a spanner from the other is always a bonus.

Your careers office should have advised you properly on your options and requirements, especially if youve got as far as aptitude testing. I suspect theyve 'forgotten' to mention theres not much a/c trade training being done atm and probably tried to recruit you to be a gunner or a copper or whatever else theyve decided we really need this week.

id recommend joining
www.e-goat.co.uk
and/or the navy equivalent, rum-ration?

taken with a pinch of salt they should yield some very useful advice. remember its the forces, there will be banter and pisstaking, and being gobby to crutsy old chiefs and warrant officers will cause them to have heart attacks.

Good luck regardless, there may be a lot of moaning, from all three services, but when it comes down to it there are few jobs that can rival the life experience youll get from serving
Old 25-05-2007, 09:27 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm usually on the ball, ALL the time.
I am a 6ft 2 lad built like a brick shit house
modest aren't you
Old 25-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Without sounding like a complete prat, I have a plan, which I would like to do.

Get into the Royal Navy and learn/train/progress as an Aircraft Tech. After that, dependant on day to day life strains etc. and whether this is what I want to do. I would like to join the RAF. Studying for a GCSE if and when I can. If not?

I cannot see them saying ' Sorry Mr. Cranvey you need a 'C' Grade in Your Mathematics GCSE to become an Aircraft tech. Even though you have scored high enough and have the required level of training already funded by the Royal Navy.'

I've seen people switch services before, so if the RN isn't for me after my service period, I shall move on.

Who knows, I might train to be a techy and absolutely hate it.

terrytennick
Already on Rumration matey, also, they said they are in great need of aircraft tech's at the moment. They didn't try to stream me into being a steward or similar

Again, thanks.
Old 25-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by ballin
I'm usually on the ball, ALL the time.
I am a 6ft 2 lad built like a brick shit house
modest aren't you
Well there is no point in me putting myself down is there. You are what you are, be proud of it.
Old 25-05-2007, 06:41 PM
DannyN

[quote="Flip2k3"]
I cannot see them saying ' Sorry Mr. Cranvey you need a 'C' Grade in Your Mathematics GCSE to become an Aircraft tech.
terrytennick

I'm a avionics technician in the RAF and whoever's told you you need a C grade in maths could be fobbing you off mate There were three people on my course in trade training who didn't have it and they were allowed in and took there GCSE's while they were at Cosford.

But saying that the Navy is probably the better carreer at the moment. I'm supposidly on an RAF squadron but work under Navy management and they seem to like their job and are looked after by the Navy.
The RAF on the other hand is a complete joke I don't even advise the air cadets I help out with to join.
Old 25-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Thats what I have heard also. So much crap going on with the Army and the RAF. Navy seems to suit me (no i'm not gay ) as they pay well and give you a chance to prove you can train to do the work.

I was strictly told, sorry you cannot join due to not having a C grade in mathematics. I've tried 3 times now, just about had enough.

I'd rather get accepted due to me passing a test which confirms, YES I have proved that I can do the technical side of the job.
Old 25-05-2007, 06:51 PM
DannyN

[quote="Flip2k3"]I was strictly told, sorry you cannot join due to not having a C grade in mathematics. I've tried 3 times now, just about had enough.

[quote]

You could always try to apply for another trade that doesn't need GCSE's so that you can take the aptitude test Once you've done the test ask the officer who interviews you if you can be an aircraft maintenance mechanic (you can't join as a trade now) and if they won't let you walk away.

The carrers office's try to recruit into slots they're meant to fill so if there isn't any Sooty slots they'll tell you lies to try to convice you to apply for something else. When I applied they tried to convice me that I should become a policeman but I dug my heals in a told them I'll join as a fairy or nothing
Old 25-05-2007, 07:09 PM
RS-Leigh

Guys, don't be under any illusions if you think that the Navy is better than the other two services........same for all of us, working on very old equipment with no support or spares available, but we still have to make it work. Sea time has increased massively for junior rates, they are now assigned to one ship for five years, yes they have time of for courses and leave etc, but its still a lot of sea time.

As a WAFU (aircraft tech) you wont spend much time at sea so could work out ok for you, but make sure that you get what you want...to many times I see young lads who are qualified for better things but are pushed into shit jobs because the recruiter needs to fill spaces.

All 3 services are in the same boat, they are struggling for good recruits, so have dropped the intake pass criteria to fill spaces (ask any Royal Marine ) They are treating all there juinior rates very well as they want to keep them, people with a few years to go and in the 'pension trap' are treated less favourably, with the top bods knowing full well that they won't put there notice in because they are to close to pension.

But now they have the problem that the are all leaving after 22 years and not taking the offer of extended service.

You may also find thats its a bit harder then you think to change forces, nearly impossible to be fair....so don't listen to the careers officer telling you it is.

Best of luck to you though mate, you can only see for yourself

Leigh
Old 25-05-2007, 07:34 PM
DannyN

They are treating all there juinior rates very well as they want to keep them,
I'm sorry Leigh but as far as the RAF's concerned Im going to disagree with you there.

I'm still considered as pond scum because I've only been in four years and it's how lousy I'm being treated that's become my biggest reason to want out.
For example, I hate my job with a passion at the moment and I tried to move to another camp because the one I'm at now is my only one out of training and I thought it may only be here that's bad. The powers that be won't let me move however and keep fobbing me off with excuses. I even applied for places that have been asking for volunteers but I'm still being told I can't go. The Navy guys I work for can't believe we're treated like that because if they rang up and asked for a move they'd be told whats available at least.

I work alongside both the Navy and the Army and we're considered scum by both - an SAC(T) who's been in 8 years and is meant to be a qualified tradesman is considered junior to a Army private who's been in less than a year and can only move helicopters around and refuel them!
Old 25-05-2007, 07:44 PM
RS-Leigh

Maybe just our young lads they are trying to keep sweet then......lots of new accomodation going up in the training bases, all single rooms with on suite, no more 4 man and more rooms for the Juniors.

The RAF's biggest problem is its promotion system, very very slow compared to the Navy.

Leigh
Old 25-05-2007, 07:57 PM
DannyN

Maybe just our young lads they are trying to keep sweet then......lots of new accomodation going up in the training bases, all single rooms with on suite, no more 4 man and more rooms for the Juniors.

The RAF's biggest problem is its promotion system, very very slow compared to the Navy.

Leigh
Don't even get me started on accomodation! I'm still waiting to move to a room with en-suite. as for life during training - 6 of us in a 4 man room!

As for promotion, your right there too. I work for a PO who's been in a year more than me and he's the same rank as people who've been in 10years+!
Old 25-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Richie.
aka Turbosailorboy

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMouthBillyBass

Lets hope not ey?
Apparently only one of the village people was actually gay...but i can't recall which one. I'll wait til B9 KOS is around later, i'm sure he will know
Evening boys
Old 25-05-2007, 08:02 PM
PastyKing

Leigh

not happening in the RAF that i have seen mate,
must be only in the navy!!
maybe theyre stealing the defence budget from us
ive just been told im on an unaccompanied 7 month detachment to marham starting next month and have to leave wife and daughter behind.
fair enough sending me as thats "life in a blue suit"(i hate that saying) but why not make it a posting? and let them come
fucking treat your families like nothing mate and ive had enough
Old 25-05-2007, 08:03 PM
RS-Leigh

Evening Richie.....

You skanking submariner

Leigh
Old 25-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Richie.
aka Turbosailorboy

Evening Richie.....

You skanking submariner

Leigh
Evening Leigh you civvy c##t

Didn't realise you were leaving early mate What you doing now ?
Old 25-05-2007, 08:28 PM
RS-Leigh

Originally Posted by B9KOS
Evening Richie.....

You skanking submariner

Leigh

Medically pensioned out mate, they fucked up my knee...usual story.

Now on paid leave til my tx date which is 18th July

Then its lump sum and tax free pension

Looking for a job at the mo, but have a fallback as an IO for flagship at Collingwood teaching . so not all that bad

Leigh
Old 25-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Richie.
aka Turbosailorboy

Originally Posted by B9KOS
Evening Richie.....

You skanking submariner

Leigh

Medically pensioned out mate, they fucked up my knee...usual story.

Now on paid leave til my tx date which is 18th July

Then its lump sum and tax free pension

Looking for a job at the mo, but have a fallback as an IO for flagship at Collingwood teaching . so not all that bad

Leigh
Bad news mate

I had my MBOS last year and got through

Pension and lump sum is nice
Old 25-05-2007, 09:48 PM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Just put in for Submarines now and save your disappointment!