General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO SKEG

Search this Thread

Old 24-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO SKEG

As you claim that you like to 'discuss' [sic] football, let's discuss.....

The seasons 2004 - 2006 when ManUre won only a worthless Carling Cup and an FA cup, when Arsenal won the league in 2004... 15 points above ManUre or 2005 when Chelsea won the league... 18 points above ManUre and Liverpool won the Champions League and ManUre won fuck all or even last year when Chelsea finished 8 points clear of ManU and Liverpool finished 1 point behind ManUre and poor ol' ManUre only won a Mickey Mouse Cup because Liverpool knocked you out of the FA Cup and went on to win it.

Maybe we can touch lightly about the Treble this season, that all Manc fans claimed they would win and then when it was out of their reach... the Double or even discuss ManUre's 'success' between the years 1968 to 1992 winning a total of 8 trophies during that time

Disclaimer: This isn't about Liverpool, it's about ManUre's lack of success for 3 seasons despite paying huge sums to buy players
Old 24-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 24-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

PMSL, talk about a raw nerve!

Pool were unlucky, gutted for you to be honest.

But you give out enough stick, learn to take it on the chin.

You've won more in Europe, we've won more Premierships and FA Cups than anyone else...

As they say: the time is now

Anyway, play nicely i'm off to sit an engineering exam now - hope this thread is still here when i get back
Old 24-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Good luck on your exan Rick
Old 24-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Cheers mate
Old 24-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manure
Old 24-05-2007, 08:00 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Redkop

You are wasting your time. All you will get in reply is:

Liverpool havent won anything this season.

ManUre wont the leauge

and that is all man u fans have to say for themselves

They forget the fact they got DESTROYED by Milan and that Fergie is a scottish gimp
Old 24-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Basky
Advanced PassionFord User

lets see !
you can beats the like of woking and doncaster and even wigan to get to fa cup

but try beating chelsea (oh no you didnt )and your barcalonas to get to a eurpean final [/quote]

its harder to win the european cup than the premier,you only got a hand full of top teams in the prem
Old 24-05-2007, 09:15 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Bloody 'ell..how many fookin Man U/ Liverpool threads do we need??
Even I'm getting bored of the waffle you're posting ffs !!!!

Disclaimer: this thread is wank before it's even started properly
Old 24-05-2007, 11:12 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: FAO SKEG

Originally Posted by Redkop
Disclaimer: This isn't about Liverpool, it's about ManUre's lack of success for 3 seasons despite paying huge sums to buy players
Come on Lynne, play fair!

Liverpool finishing a total of 60 points behind the Premiership champions over the past three seasons isn't exactly what I'd call huge success for 3 seasons either!

Bottom line is, Liverpool are a great CL side, but not a league team. Until this money comes and you can buy at least 1 striker, and fill several other positions, you wont win the Prem, as you're simply not in the same ballpark as Man U or Chelsea.

Unfortunately, what will happen is youu'll get a huge cash injection, win the league in say 3 years time, and everyone will say you bought it.

You can't use money as a reason for success anymore, as football is a commercial enterprise.
Old 24-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Come on Lynne, play fair!

Liverpool finishing a total of 60 points behind the Premiership champions over the past three seasons isn't exactly what I'd call huge success for 3 seasons either!

Bottom line is, Liverpool are a great CL side, but not a league team. Until this money comes and you can buy at least 1 striker, and fill several other positions, you wont win the Prem, as you're simply not in the same ballpark as Man U or Chelsea.

Unfortunately, what will happen is youu'll get a huge cash injection, win the league in say 3 years time, and everyone will say you bought it.

You can't use money as a reason for success anymore, as football is a commercial enterprise.

And errrrr ManU haven't bought it?

Just a few comparisons off the top of my head..... and it doesn't include that Nistlerooy geezer who cost 19m

Rooney 20m > Kuyt 10m
Saha 12.8m > Bellamy 6.5m
Ferdinand 28m > Agger 5m
Carrick 18m > Sissoko 5m
Hargreaves 20m - Alonso 10m

ManU total 98.8m
Liverpool total 36.5m
Old 24-05-2007, 11:42 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

It's irrelevant!

Chelsea spent loads of money and won two titles.

Man U have spent money and won the league.

THAT is how you win the premiership title these days, although Arsenal have managed it with some very good buys etc

There's no point saying "Rooney 20m, Kuyt 10m", as Rooney is more than twice the player.

Next few seasons you wont be able to plead poverty, but you know full well that as you stand at the moment, you're quite rightly the 4th best team in the league.
Old 24-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

United's money has mainly come from their success and fame- it's a little differerent from Chelsea who came into cash suddenly. Fergie built the teams up from the ground for the most part.

I would rather the Americans hadnt got involved, but as Richard says - it's a comercial game and nothing we can do.
Old 24-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

This is why football is ABSOLUTE bollocks in terms of supporting a club.

Its got NOTHING to do with the club itself, or the fans, its just purely a case of who can afford to buy the title.

No one from liverpool is going to be greatly responsible when liverpool do win everything in a few years, it will be a load of european footballers paid for by a bunch of americans, just what exactly does that have to do with the club you support Lynn?

Its all pointless crap supporting one particuar team, fair enough years ago when a club actually brought up local lads through its youth team and were part of a community etc, but these days its just purely a case of who has the biggest investor decide to pop over to england and buy some trophies.
Old 24-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Fair few local ladsin both liverpools and Uniteds team still Chip - its the Chelski u need to be aiming this at!
Old 24-05-2007, 07:11 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Skag=cocksucker.
Old 24-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick
PMSL, talk about a raw nerve!

Pool were unlucky, gutted for you to be honest.

But you give out enough stick, learn to take it on the chin.

You've won more in Europe, we've won more Premierships and FA Cups than anyone else...

As they say: the time is now

Anyway, play nicely i'm off to sit an engineering exam now - hope this thread is still here when i get back
Premierships just another name rick! Manu still aint won as many league titles as liverpool
Old 24-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by BRIGSPORT
Skag=cocksucker.
So what if he does?

You probably eat minge.. Each to their own
Old 24-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Tas662
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

This is a rather pointless thread same as if someone started one sayin what have liverpool won nearly every season for the last few years other than the onthing they really focus on being the (champions league).
Old 25-05-2007, 06:56 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

The seasons 2004 - 2006 when ManUre won only a worthless Carling Cup and an FA cup, when Arsenal won the league in 2004... 15 points above ManUre or 2005 when Chelsea won the league... 18 points above ManUre and Liverpool won the Champions League and ManUre won fuck all or even last year when Chelsea finished 8 points clear of ManU and Liverpool finished 1 point behind ManUre and poor ol' ManUre only won a Mickey Mouse Cup because Liverpool knocked you out of the FA Cup and went on to win it.

Maybe we can touch lightly about the Treble this season, that all Manc fans claimed they would win and then when it was out of their reach... the Double or even discuss ManUre's 'success' between the years 1968 to 1992 winning a total of 8 trophies during that time

i bet you dont half nag to your husband. thats all you fookin do on here!
Old 25-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by andre_k

i bet you dont half nag to your husband. thats all you fookin do on here!
Why don't you ask him, he's a member on here!

Old 25-05-2007, 08:18 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Can he get a word in to reply ??
Old 25-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Lynn
Why do you drone on & on about Liverpool you wont convince any Manu supporter that they are better, greater or whatever you are trying to say.
It depends on what period you look at, certainly if you take the premiership as the modern era they aint in the same ballpark as Utd statistically.
In the 1980's Liverpool were Top dogs & no sensible Utd supporter would argue otherwise but I still didnt like them, much the same as now.
You are a Liverpool lass you think they are better than every other team whatever the statistics say, I dont try to change your mind cos you see things in a very blinkered way, so why try to convince us Utd supporters, cos we think you must be bonkers to suggest Utd aint the best team over the last 15 years.
Been a Utd fan since 1955 & my God they have a few bad teams in that time & the best team they have had was in 1956-57 (Busby Babes) a very long time ago, but I will be a fan to the grave & Lynn your ranting wont chance my mind.

Liverpool may win the next 10 Premiership on the trot & I still wont like them, they will never be a big club in the way that Utd are thats a fact.
Utd second only to Real Madrid as a worldwide supported team.

Support you team Lynn but dont lets have all this Twaddle you lost a game of Football had too much to say before it took place & have taken deserved stick, learn to live with it. .
Old 25-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

MadRod

why look at the last 15 years? If your going to look at ANY previous years to comment on, then you have to look at the lot..and overall Liverpool are the better team...not rocket science. BUT yeah, man utd are more successfull this year, and liverpool sadly arent up there with them...

Still man u are scummy cunts and get every decision there way
Old 25-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

oh and that comment about pool not being a 'big club' like man u is the most pathetic thing youve come out with on PF rod
Old 25-05-2007, 10:49 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MadRod
Lynn
Why do you drone on & on about Liverpool you wont convince any Manu supporter that they are better, greater or whatever you are trying to say.
It depends on what period you look at, certainly if you take the premiership as the modern era they aint in the same ballpark as Utd statistically.
In the 1980's Liverpool were Top dogs & no sensible Utd supporter would argue otherwise but I still didnt like them, much the same as now.
You are a Liverpool lass you think they are better than every other team whatever the statistics say, I dont try to change your mind cos you see things in a very blinkered way, so why try to convince us Utd supporters, cos we think you must be bonkers to suggest Utd aint the best team over the last 15 years.
Been a Utd fan since 1955 & my God they have a few bad teams in that time & the best team they have had was in 1956-57 (Busby Babes) a very long time ago, but I will be a fan to the grave & Lynn your ranting wont chance my mind.

Liverpool may win the next 10 Premiership on the trot & I still wont like them, they will never be a big club in the way that Utd are thats a fact.
Utd second only to Real Madrid as a worldwide supported team.

Support you team Lynn but dont lets have all this Twaddle you lost a game of Football had too much to say before it took place & have taken deserved stick, learn to live with it. .

Lynn and Skeg will argue from now untill eternity...
nothing anyone can say will alter that mate, it's beyond a Liverpool v ManU thing, they simply hate each other.