General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Weird Phone thing!?

Search this Thread

Old 20-05-2007, 09:06 AM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Phone thing!?

Ok i'm being accused by the mrs of being unfaithful. When i was out the other day my phone rang an "unknown number" and then somehow the unknown number phoned me back?
My mrs is sure i phoned someone, they phoned me back and it only says "Unknown" because i deleted the contact from my address book?
My phone won't let me phone the unknown number??????
O2 can't help me either, the phones a Sony Erickson cybershot. She won't be reading this but has anyone else had the same? Anyone have any idea's what i can tell her lol!!!!
Old 20-05-2007, 09:18 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just someone has your number and they are withholding there number before they ring you.
How that means your being unfaithful is beyond me.
Old 20-05-2007, 09:22 AM
alb

Thats cool but it doesn't explain how i phoned it back if you know what i mean. If a with-held call comes in how can you ring it back?. If you press on the call in the call register it won't let you ring it. It says something like unauthorised action.
She doesn't believe it must have just happened in my pocket....
Old 20-05-2007, 09:33 AM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

If the number your phone dialled is "unknown" and the number that called you back is "unknown" How do you know it's the same number?

Any number You dial should be in your phone's call log even if you withheld it.

Old 20-05-2007, 09:35 AM
alb

its in the call log but how can you make an outgoing call "unknown" surely if its to someone in your address book it would say their name, if it was just a number then the number would be logged?
This is weird and its doing my head in!
Old 20-05-2007, 09:38 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Are you sure there is an outgoing call with no number?

Sounds a bit daft.

Get someone to call you witholding the number, then try and return the call - then see what the call log says.

Alternatively you could sort the sorce of the problem, and either stop cheating, or bin the bint because she's going to be trouble if she suspects you for no reason
Old 20-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Women and mobile's dont mix
Period
Old 20-05-2007, 09:44 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rob v
Period
How do you know? That's a bit personal...

Old 20-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Originally Posted by Rob v
Period
How do you know? That's a bit personal...

Oh fookin hell that was quick

as in full stop
Old 20-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

I knew a dude who changed the bird he was cheating withs name on his phone to 'withheld number'
Old 20-05-2007, 09:56 AM
timb551
Advanced PassionFord User

So because there was an unknown number on your mobile your mrs accuses you of cheating

Jesus, talk about trust.

Are you sure she hasnt got anymore reasons to think that. Quite a jump from unknown number to cheating!
Old 20-05-2007, 09:56 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
I knew a dude who changed the bird he was cheating withs name on his phone to 'withheld number'
Now that's good

Rob V, I know mate
Old 20-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I used to get unkown's all the time on my old no.
never any headache of the missus for it

changing the name to witheld fookin priceless
Old 20-05-2007, 10:22 AM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
what a brilliant idea, as long as they only try callin ya lol

or thinkin bout it, if they only called ya, u could change it to o2 customer care and each time the fone rings and ya untrusting/suspicious girlfriend sees whos callin u could just say 'oh i dont wana talk to them, theyve been callin all week coz my contract is near its end and they want me to stay lol

or just dont cheat, but that could be deemed boring by most lol
Old 20-05-2007, 10:23 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i got a phone call accusing me of txting someone(on 02) i didnt as it happens but i later found out that anyone with a pc can go onto the 02 website and send txts and put whatever number they like in to say who as sent it. it was obviously someone playing games but can imagine it could cause serious problems if folk took them seriously.

Sean.
Old 20-05-2007, 10:28 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

if i was cheating on my girlfriend, the other birds number i would put an india call centre number on or summet daft like that so if i couldnt answer cos i was with the girlfriend i would say its an international number i aint answering that, its probably a con or something
Old 20-05-2007, 11:50 AM
alb

Ok the thing is she's got a few things on me. Her argument is a long one so bare with me.....
I joined a gym a while back, I go with my m8 and he let slip one of the female instructors was running the marathon. she woke up and found me watching it and admitedly i've bnever watched it before but she didn't say anything just thought it was strange.
On Wednesday while she was at work i went swimming with my m8, and then later on i went back on my own for a workout. When i got home this girl from the gym added me on myspace, and we started chatting about the gym. Knowing how paranoid she is and that she checks up on me i deleted what she sent, and deleted what i replied and emptied the trash.
Again on Thursday she messaged me twice and i replied twice.
Thing is my g/f went through the history and found i had 1 message from her Wednesday and sent one Wednesay and the same for Thursday. Although it showed i had sent her messages it didn't show what was in them and i for life of me can't remember what all 6 messages said.
So she txt me while i was at work at half 10 asking why i had deleted the messages, so i came home. She then picked up my phone and saw straight after her txt i rang this unknown number and then the unknown number rang me back. We argued for a bit then i left and went to a m8's, she phoned my m8 ten minutes later and he said he had no idea where i was.
She thinks i phoned this girl and warned her, she thinks i then went off to see this girl. So she asked my m8 if he had seen me what was i wearing and the dickhead basically described everything perfectly telling her every small detail about what he was eating when i got there, and basically made it sound like i had phoned him and told him what to say.

She's got my son and she's staying at her mums. Tomorrow her sister and her friend are going to go down the gym and going to find this girl, and as they found i had looked at all of her pictures on myspace they know somethings going on and they know what she looks like. They also know the manager of the gym and they're basically gonna try to get this girl sacked.
Old 20-05-2007, 12:06 PM
ryan_belfast

Bin the bint...

Your allowed to have female friends ffs.
Old 20-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Thats well over the top

as ryan said
bin her before she causes real hassle
Old 20-05-2007, 12:16 PM
ryan_belfast

They are going down the gym to "sort her out"

Old 20-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Ryan_Belfast
They are going down the gym to "sort her out"

Lordy Lordy
Old 20-05-2007, 12:25 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

To be fare mate, you do sound in the wrong and I am not suprised you misses is miffed.

It sounds like you might have a little thing for the bird at the gym, deleting the messages was a mistake, looks a million times worse as now it looks like your hidding something.

Put yourself in her shoes for a mo, say she started going to a gym, got chatting to some guy, started taking an interest in the things he was into that she wasn't into before. Started chatting on MSN and was deleting the conversations?

I would chat to her, explain how things are and suggest you both go to the gym if she is concerned and tell her she can have access to your phone if it puts her mind at rest.

She is going off on one, but maybe she is a little insecure and your not making it easy for her to believe that nout is going on.

I agree that you should be able to have female friends, but not secret ones
Old 20-05-2007, 12:32 PM
ryan_belfast

Its a no win situation when it comes to females and friends... Think about it like this...

If your with your bird and she knows about a female friend, and u two would speak a lot and there is generally nothing going on, she is gonna think there is something going on anyway and you will get shit from her for it...

If she doesnt know about certain female friends and she finds out, she is gonna think something is going on because youve been keeping it a secret... life is shit sometimes, its a no win situation...

Good luck...

Your gonna need it

Old 20-05-2007, 12:37 PM
alb

She is asking me to take a lie detector to prove i am telling the truth. The thing is i swore on my son's life in front of her Dad i deleted his messages by accident, and later i admitted i deleted them on purpose so now she doesn't believe a word i say.
Things have happened in the best where i have lied to her and she found out, like i went to a wedding at a hotel and said i'd be an hour and when i came home 6 hrs later with a girl i told her i barely spoke to her. She later found out that i had a big argument with the girl. So basically she knows i have lied, and still am really so nothing i say will help.
Her sister etc are going to the gym on the premise of trying to get this girl sacked, they have been gossiping around and found out who all her friends are.

Can you take a lie detector without going on Trisha? lol, i think i can beat it.
Old 20-05-2007, 12:37 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my misses has stacks of male friends, so whenever she gets on one about girls i speak to i real of a list of he male mates

still don't work
Old 20-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

One sided war
Old 20-05-2007, 12:42 PM
alb

what do you mean one sided ? do you think i'm fucked?
Old 20-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Anonymous
Banned

One sided
as in were never right
allways wrong

just me venting off
Old 20-05-2007, 01:33 PM
mrviper

you may as well shag the gym bird if you are going to be acused and conviced of it lol
Old 20-05-2007, 03:27 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alb
.......Can you take a lie detector without going on Trisha? lol, i think i can beat it.
so you are lying then
i think youve been shaggin around too
Old 20-05-2007, 03:59 PM
RS200Babe
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Not far from the car, Drives: S1 ,2x RS200`s and an Escos.

Ive had unknowns that you cant call back and they are cold calling companys.
Ie : Orange saying you can have the latest phone free although your with O2.

Shit really
Old 20-05-2007, 05:07 PM
ryan_belfast

Originally Posted by alb
She is asking me to take a lie detector to prove i am telling the truth. The thing is i swore on my son's life in front of her Dad i deleted his messages by accident, and later i admitted i deleted them on purpose so now she doesn't believe a word i say.
Things have happened in the best where i have lied to her and she found out, like i went to a wedding at a hotel and said i'd be an hour and when i came home 6 hrs later with a girl i told her i barely spoke to her. She later found out that i had a big argument with the girl. So basically she knows i have lied, and still am really so nothing i say will help.
Her sister etc are going to the gym on the premise of trying to get this girl sacked, they have been gossiping around and found out who all her friends are.

Can you take a lie detector without going on Trisha? lol, i think i can beat it.
To be honest you sound like a bit of a lying cunt anyway so i think you deserve all you get.
Old 20-05-2007, 05:54 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

agree with the above

you went to a wedding and bought a bird home 6 hours later, am I reading that right
Old 20-05-2007, 09:35 PM
alb

Originally Posted by matts1
agree with the above

you went to a wedding and bought a bird home 6 hours later, am I reading that right
Does that mean i have cheated though ?
Old 20-05-2007, 09:50 PM
rigwrecker

caught and ere is no gettin out o it now
Old 21-05-2007, 09:05 AM
alb

Ok i'll be honest this isn't me, everything i have described is what my girlfriend has been up to.

Last Wednesday she went swimming with her friend, my son and her friends son. A Month ago she bought a skimpy bikini even though she has a fairly modest one, and since buying it she has been swimming regularly but still wears the old one. On Wednesday she chose to wear her new one, not really anything in that but whenever she buys clothes she always shows me and asks what i think but i had no idea she had bought one.
Considering we've just moved house and we are in debt a bikini is the last thing she should be thinking of.....

OK so Wednesday she went back to the gym later on in the evening and did a workout by herself. Again nothing really strange in that but she's never been to the gym twice in one day.

On Wednesday the gym instructor added her on myspace, the bloke who did the marathon. Her picture is currently "Save Maddie" it isn't her, and a search for myspace users in my hometown brings up 1200 users. She says she has never said more to this guy than "Hello" and expects me to believe they didn't exchange myspace address' at the gym and that he must have searched people in our hometown and found her.
So from Wednesday they started messaging each other, firstly with "Comments" which publicly appear on your myspace page. They were discussing Maddie for a few comments, but then her last comment finished with "How was work?".
From there they went underground if you like, sending messages rather than public comments. She then deleted what he sent, what she sent and then emptied the trash.
She deleted the email she got requesting her to add him as a friend, and then emptied the trash on her hotmail account.
On Thursday they sent 2 messages to each other, she deleted both his messages and her sent messages but kept a message she got from another bloke she used to work with, and he said "Your still looking good". To me the messages being sent between her and the gym bloke were obviously a lot worse than "Your looking good" otherwise why delete them?. I'm not the jealous type lol, so she knew i wouldn't care about some guy saying "Your looking good".

Seeing over her shoulder by accident on Thursday she had a myspace friend who's picture is of him running a marathon i got suspicious. So i checked the history in explorer and found "Send message to...." and "Reply to message from...." but not the message content. I found she had looked at every picture in his myspace album, not just browsed the album but clicked on every single picture one by one.

So i txt her, "Whats going on...." when she was at her Dads. She immmediately made a call to someone, which in the call registery now says "Unknown" but obviously now if you click to call it you can't. Her Mum came over and got involved and after a big row they left. As soon as they got to her Mum's house my mrs jumped back in her car and shot off somewhere, so when i phoned her Mum 10 minutes later she had no idea where she had gone.
She was gone for about an hour, and says she went to her friends. I have spoken to her friend, who was the same girl who went swimming with her Wednesday. Her friend basically read off a list, "She came here, i was in the kitchen with another friend, she sat on the sofa and was crying." She also described to the nearest detail what my Son was wearing, which i had to check the washing basket myself. There was too much detail, like she was told exactly what to say.

So i asked her to call O2, find out about this call which she says must have happened accidentally in her pocket. O2 said if she logged into her account online she can check all calls made and receieved, and she regularly uses the O2 website to check her bill status. Believe it or not when she went to log in to O2 she had forgotten her log-in details so couldn't prove it was an innocent phone call.

In regards to the myspace messages she sat crying with her Mum, swearing on my son's life she had deleted them by accident. She did this over and over again, promising it was an accident. Now she admits she was lying and she had deleted them on purpose. She says the messages were harmless, but of the 6 messages they sent each other she can only account for what was said in 3. She also said he was asking how my son was, and actually used his name. Strange when you consider she has never said more than "Hello" to him ?????.

So She's gone, i've kicked her out and she's staying with my son at her mums. She gets in a state and swears time and time again she hasn't done anything. I have managed to find a private lie detector test and have offered to pay for it so he can prove to me she is telling the truth. But guess what, she refuses to do it lol, saying if i would ask her to do that then i don't trust her enough for there to be a relationship anyway. she keeps saying i should see my son but i know i won't be able to give him back and i know if i see her or her Mum i will lose it and say things i really don't want to.

Personnally to me refusing to do a lie detector test when there's so much to say she is cheating is an admission of guilt. I have spoken to several people about this that know her, and many that know the gym instructor. They basically say he's ugly, short and isn't the type to go with a girl that has a kid and a fella. In my heart of hearts i don't think she's slept with him, if you knew her you would know she just is not the type. Most people even people on my "side" say she hasn't slept with him, and that she's just not the type.
But her Mum, her Dad and everyone else that i've spoken to agree that there's just too much been said and done for this to be an innocent situation.
If she tells me "Yeah i fancied him, but he isn't interested" maybe possibly because of my son i can take her back with her obviously working her arse off to make me trust her again. Maybe if its the other way round i can believe it, but at the moment her just completely denying anything at all happened is just to much for me to believe.
Her complete lack of interest in proving me wrong also tells me that i am right, and that if she cannot at some point tell me exactly what happened there's no point even discussing it.
So i'm going to work, i'm not contacting her, i'm leaving the ball in her court and i'm basically of the frame of mind she has cheated and that we are no longer a couple.

Unbelievably after all this i am getting messages and phone calls from her accusing me of already seeing someone else lol.

sorry for rambling i just think you need to know all about a situation to understand it and maybe give advice and your opinion.
Old 21-05-2007, 10:02 AM
ProjectBobcat
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My first instinct is get rid of her asap, My g/f did a similar thing, turned out she just fancied the guy and didnt do anything about it. we broke up for a while (not just because of that) and then got back together but 2 years later i dont feel like the trust is there, im comfy, not happy but dont have the balls to do anything about it.

Obviously if you have a son together then it complicates matters though so il let other people advise you better.
Old 21-05-2007, 10:37 AM
JayKay

Id say get rid tbh, if you are having doubts then there is obviously no trust...therefore no relationship.

In my last relationship, which I walked out of at christmas, my missus had not long started a new job and was doing incredible amounts of evening overtime "to get things sorted" thing is, 3 months down the line she is working during the day and doing evening overtime 3 times a week? When she left her last job because she didnt want to work evenings?

I took the hump anyway but didnt think much of it, until "paul" started to pick her up on an evening to take her into the office, and "paul" was bringing her back. I confronted her about it, she was like "no pauls just my boss bla bla bla" anyway after spotting some texts on her phone from "paul" I pulled her again.

I never heard a single thing about "paul" again. Instead it was "Nicola" picking her up and taking her to work apparently, and Nicola texting her. But her sent messages and what she was calling "Nicola" didnt tally up with what a woman would say to another woman (unless they were lesbian of course)

What really made me suspicious was that after she had only been in the job for 2 months, "paul" had arranged for her to go to a confernce thing to represent the company? Surely they would choose a more long standing member? Funny that it was a conference in a hotel as well I think.

To cut a long story short my trust went out of the window. Turns out her relationship with "paul" was completely innocent. I caught her in bed a fortnight later with my best mate, Andy.
Old 21-05-2007, 10:43 AM
alb

The thing is i am constantly being accused by her, she has every password for every site i am on and she demands i keep emails and messages, and history of visited sites so she can check up on me.

This situation makes everyone assume i am the jealous type, but seriously this is the first time i have looked at things and thought there was too many co-incidences with this gym guy so decided to investigate.
Old 21-05-2007, 10:49 AM
JayKay

In that case mate I would walk away tbh.

End of the day it shows that she really does not trust you if she wants access to that information etc. Relationships are based on trust.

Christ, my current g/f leaves her msn logged in, her myspace account logged in and leaves her phone in my possession for hours on end. I wouldnt even dream of looking through them!

The only time I have ever read her myspace messages was when a mate of mine was coming onto her via it...but it was HER that showed me them so I knew the score!

Edit: Should add my g.f does have shady past with relationships etc as well (word of mouth from ppl who know her etc) but to be brutally honest, my record isnt squeaky clean either and I gave her the benefit of the doubt: 5 months on I am yet to have any reason to doubt her/not trust her etc.

Quick Reply: Weird Phone thing!?