General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I hope the neighbours have ear plugs

Search this Thread

Old 15-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Oh sorry - my bad. I forgot you know best
Old 15-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thrush, I may have said it before but I LOVE your drum kit.

One thing I regret is never having lessons. I ma good enough to play all but the fastest swedish death metal (ie I can play Slipknot stuff, most metal albums etc), but have no knowledge of HOW and WHY.

Anything you can teach me on here, or am I better just booking some lessons with a local tutor?

Recently been practising paradiddles, single/double/triple rolls etc.
Old 16-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Graham - if you can do Slipknot stuff (as in, do his feetwork stuff on the kicks) then you're doing pretty good as Joey is a FAST footed drummer. Maybe not as fast as some of the black/death metal stuff, but he is pretty damn fast

To be honest mate, I SUCK as a teacher! I don't have the vocabulary! So you are better with a teacher who knows how to explain things. I am much like yourself - I can do it, but I still don't understand things like time signatures fully (obviously I know what time signatures are etc, but I just play what fits, not actually bothering to work out what time signature stuff is in etc, and often play stuff in different time signatures to what other musicians are playing in (cos it sounds cool - see anything by Dream Theater )

I am very much a "listen and play" kind of drummer. Give me pretty much anything and I can play it after a few listens, but give me sheet music and I ain't got a clue. It's fly shit on paper to me.... Thats MY biggest regret - I didn't bother to learn to read drum tabs - I already knew HOW to play, and was already playing live weekly, so in my teenage arrogance I decided I didn't "need" to learn to read.....