General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dishwasher

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dishwasher

My dishwasher is fucked (no, not the missus!). Its only 6 months old and its making our (well expensive) cultlery go rusty, and the glasses come out with a film all over them. This has only happened since she over filled it with salt. is there a way to flush the system out to stop it happening again?
We've tried running it on cycles with nothing in it but that hasn't worked.

ta!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fill up a normal sink bowl with plain hot water,get a rinse agent squirt at least 1/2 of the bottle into the water soak the glasses etc for a few minutes wash by hand (may need to repeat) IF extremely bad squirt pure rinse agent around items and do the above! For the disc washer itself squirt the rinse agent ALL around the dish washer add 2 dish washer tablets stick on a NORMAL cycle you MAY need to repeat this a number of times but it WILL start to work normal again!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 PM
PastyKing
Advanced PassionFord User

Default Re: Dishwasher

Originally Posted by OldSkoolRS
My dishwasher is fucked (no, not the missus!). Its only 6 months old and its making our (well expensive) cultlery go rusty, and the glasses come out with a film all over them. This has only happened since she over filled it with salt. is there a way to flush the system out to stop it happening again?
We've tried running it on cycles with nothing in it but that hasn't worked.

ta!
im forever overfiller ours with salt and it doesnt make too much odds it will sometimes be slightly watermarked if i have rammed the salt in but after that wash its fine again
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Alvyn
fill up a normal sink bowl with plain hot water,get a rinse agent squirt at least 1/2 of the bottle into the water soak the glasses etc for a few minutes wash by hand (may need to repeat) IF extremely bad squirt pure rinse agent around items and do the above! For the disc washer itself squirt the rinse agent ALL around the dish washer add 2 dish washer tablets stick on a NORMAL cycle you MAY need to repeat this a number of times but it WILL start to work normal again!
nice one, cheers