General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Horrific - worst i have ever seen

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Horrific - worst i have ever seen

Popped into to see my mechanic the other day, tucked up in the corner is a street KA.

Went over for a butchers, and

It had been and a front and rear and had the WORST repaire ever.

The chassis has twisted, resulting in all of the panels being out of line, to the extent that on one side they are wedged against each other and the other side you can put your fingers between the panels.

The kit is all bulging off as nothing lines up, the lights are not fitted as the brackets don't line up.

It has been resprayed with what looks like cans, thick overspray, orange peel finish.

Worse still, the car had a blow out the other week, and now the drive shaft has popped out (hence why it came in for repair). On having a closer look, the track control arms are all bent, brake pipes all hanging loose, tyres rubbing all over the place.

The girl who bought it paid 5k as far as i know down in London

She has been given the advice to call in an inspecter to see if she can raise a case to get some cash back ans suggested that she stops driving it.

Can not believe that people would do such a bad repair, why bother, then again the fact that someone is blind enought to buy it means it is worthwhile these rogues doing it
Old 06-05-2007, 12:33 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

if someone hands over that sort of cash without checking or having it checked out then they deserve all they get. maybe she will have learned for the next car she buys.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im with fuzzy to a point

people shouldnt rip people off but i looked at about 10 KA's when looking for one for my missus cousin and there ALL crash damaged cars for top money

in the end we got a bargain 2000 plate in dark blue ka3 for 1125 with highish milage

but the rest of em where shite anyway

wasnt that hard looking for a cossie
Old 06-05-2007, 01:48 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even for a girl not to notice damage of that extent i can only she assume she got in the seat, checked it drove and handed over the cash.........so its going to happen.

Indeed people shouldnt try and rip others off but the car trade is a nasty business and where theres a will theres a way unfortunately
Old 06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Ginge !
people shouldnt rip people off
definately. but even the most girly of women would know how dodgy the car trade can be.unless they never watch tv or read any papers.i dont have sympathy for the terminally stupid
Old 06-05-2007, 01:59 PM
bigneck
Banned

polish prob repaired it, you should see some of the repairs ive seen by em down here fook me had us in stitches for ages up the pub
Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
James998
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: Horrific - worst i have ever seen

Originally Posted by matts1
It has been resprayed with what looks like cans, thick overspray, orange peel finish.

That's just ford OE paint, surely?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by bigneck
polish prob repaired it, you should see some of the repairs ive seen by em down here fook me had us in stitches for ages up the pub
thats the problem. the polish are doing the work wilst your sat in the pub talking about it
Old 06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
Originally Posted by bigneck
thats the problem. the polish are doing the work wilst your sat in the pub talking about it
OUCH!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
bigneck
Banned

pmsl true there although the family by us have been caught with 3 stolen cars over the months, there is allways car parts being sold and ive seen several latre cars having panels removed

there theiving devious scoundrells who dont give a fuck about the uk or its occupants

i appreciate a percentage are ok but most of the fraud and crimes these days are by immigrants

its certainly true down here anyway

up the road i know of a prostitue house run by immigrants, dealers the same, there taking over the crime here
Old 06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

we have our own home grown scum. we dont need to import more.sort it out you fucking lilly livered soft government coonts
Old 06-05-2007, 08:46 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You ever been to a salvage auction

I went to one down London way, all imagrents buying up everything, mainly cars that needed paneling, ie bumpers, bonnets wings etc.

Don't take a rocket scientist to figure out they will just go and pinch the same model and colour, swaps the parts and sell it on

That day was scary, me and my mate were the only to white people there, couple of asian guys and the rest was all nigerian and koso's and us and the asian guys gout outbidded to fek. I suppose they can afford to pay more than we would as the repair and parts for them are going to be free

On being asked if the KA was Hpi clear by my mechanic, the reply was.......

whats a Hpi?