General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

car insurance_ legal advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
mark20vt
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car insurance_ legal advice please!

long story but i'll try not to bore u all....

cancelled my multicar policy back in january and recieved a letter dated the 10th which has several errors in it. It reads exactly,

`there is a total amount outstanding of £27.95 amount incorporates the cancellation charge for each wh car covered under the multicar policy. policy. The refund will be credited to the payer's credit/debit card.'

read this at the time and thought great they owe me money... heard nout for ages then got a letter from a company called direct legal and collections saying that i owe £47.95 and if i do not pay within 14days (i think) court proceedings will begin. i sent them a copy of the letter and have heard nothin till today when i rang them. they said they were wiatin to hear from admiral so i rang them.

they said there was an error in the original letter and i owe them money. i told them to basically fuck off and that i have a letter saying they owe me! as a gesture of good will they will cancel the £20 charge for the debt collection company but still want £27.95!!! i started to lose my rag so told them i'd be seekin legal advice and get back to them (before i told him wot i thought of him and his indian call centre.. .)

so anyone know where i stand??? do i argue untill they let me off the 27quid or do i try and get them to pay me?