General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

house blessings.... ATTENTION TIFF, ATTENTION TIFF

Search this Thread

Old 13-03-2007, 09:15 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default house blessings.... ATTENTION TIFF, ATTENTION TIFF

before i start if you want to take the piss do it elsewhere.....

Has anyone had their house blessed or had experience of such??

Our 2 year old hasnt slept properly for aslong as i can remember, the thing is its getting worrying now,last night being the worst. 2am she starts screaming like she is being murdered,seriously ive never heard anything like it, i jumped up and ran in to find her basically ripping the child gate in her room of its hinges. she was shaking uncontrollably and it took for what seemed forever to calm her, bad dream possibly but this happens nearly every single night. she fell back asleep and woke agian within an hour and would not go back to sleep until she had some "fifi" slippers on her hands (odd and not probably linked but telling whole story) maybe her comfort item, but dont know.

Now mentioned it to a member of family to which they said to move her to another room and fact "theres summit about that room ive never liked" also been mentioned by someone else that they had similar and had house blessed and it cured.

If you havnt heard the background to our house (past haunted post) a old bloke died in here and we bought it off his son fully furnished and gutted the place, there has been a few odd photos we have had developed (orbs etc supposedly) and an argument between me and missis when we first moved in about who should turn tv off one night before it turned itself off

Anyways thats what the score is currently so has anyone had any experience with blessing houses?? i dont personally believe it but if it does even a small help id do it as the broken sleep is starting to get on top
Old 13-03-2007, 09:23 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'd move. Quickly.

Old 13-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Personally I'm sceptical too but if u think it'll help give it a go.

Do u know if the guy died in that particular room? Maybe worth finding out if u can

Thing is, I don't think it's a easy as going to ur local vicar and asking him/her to do it tho. I think you need to put ur case forward to them and I think u might have to be religous (i.e devout Christian or Catholic)
Old 13-03-2007, 09:31 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We had a similar problem in our house....

We'd be sitting down stairs and hear kids running about upstairs and when I went up tio give them both a bollocking they'd both be in bed asleep

My youngest wouldn't go upstairs sometimes and just stand at the bottom of the stairs saying there's an old lady sitting on the stairs.

I'd be laying in bed and see shadows moving about on the landing and again when getting up everyone else would be asleep....

Fookin weird
Old 13-03-2007, 09:33 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Children are meant to be more suseptable to this sort of thing.

I am a non believer, but a friends brother commited suicide years back, her son often says that he was talking to matty (the brother) or that matty came to see him.

The son is about 4 now, but has taked about it since he was around 2.
Old 13-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

are you sure your child isnt having night terrors? theyre pretty common, but definitely doesnt sound good whats happening in your house

we also have heard people walking across the landing in our house, thought it was one of the kids and went up and both were asleep

shit me right up that cos i definitely heard someone walking
Old 13-03-2007, 09:39 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

dont know where he died all i know is they smashed the back door in to get in. spooky thing was a calender with days ticked off to i assume the day he died, bit freaky. Not sure which bedroom was his, there were clothes in both inc his best suit in the wardrobe
Old 13-03-2007, 09:41 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

are you sure your child isnt having night terrors? theyre pretty common
No idea,how would i know and what do i do??

She just says shes scared as soon as upstairs is mentioned and wont go up, if we take her up and put her in bed with a dvd on she will be fine and nod off, She has night lights so isnt pitch black at night either
Old 13-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Love posts like this, really interesting (not your childs problems, cant be nice)

Ive had some wierd things happen here, things like my amp turning up, so i turn it down and it goes back up And the remote was pointing AWAY from the amp!
Old 13-03-2007, 09:52 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

the tv story was i had football on in front bedroom while i was on web in back room and listening to what was happening,missis was in bath.........

Football finished and i left tv on, missis was getting out of bath and shouted to turn tv off,i said you do it when you go in and we had a bit of a bicker then it went of, she then came in and said "see it wasnt that hard" i was like eh?? you just turned it off, "no i didnt" Tv was off

Had an argument about washing the dishes after tea, the fucker didnt lift a finger then though

Old 13-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

when i worked in a kids home we had to get people in as we had a few vistors etc they went round the house and found out who they were and spoke to them..and was sorted out..

maybe phone around a few phsyic's and see if they can come out to your house to find out what if anything is going on or give you some advise

hope you get it sorted
Old 13-03-2007, 10:07 PM
mick_rst
Slap Head

Originally Posted by Danny@RADesigns
Had an argument about washing the dishes after tea, the fucker didnt lift a finger then though

PMSL

Killa
Old 13-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Got to be worth a go for the sake of the little un. Wont do any harm and if it means your daughter can be happy to go upstairs thats only a good thing.

I am normally dont go for stuff like this, but even my old dear says shes seen something when she was a kid. If my mum tells me something i take it as gospal even now lol.
Old 13-03-2007, 10:21 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

actually reading a site on night terrors it could well be that what is our problem
Old 13-03-2007, 10:24 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wht you got to lose mate , ive had some shit happening over the years that are un explainable , most recently coming home and brothers after shaves amd body sprays etc were pilled up on top of each othe in middle of room , brother was at college and i was in his empty room 15 mins previous , you could imagine my reaction

Not a big believer in this thing tbh but got me thinking since
Old 13-03-2007, 10:26 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have been know to have occasional night terrors. It sounds funny but really isnt when it happens I havn't had for ages though, I think because I have no real worries nowadays.

I hope you sort everything out mate
Old 13-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

danny you cock end,....

not at all surprised you havent said owt,...cause you know id take the piss...

serious though...

i can come round and christen the rooms...
just need lynz to help me

lmao

dont know if that would help though

you could look here http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?xyz...etail&ref=1149

about nightmares in children

carl
Old 13-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

are you sure your child isnt having night terrors? theyre pretty common
No idea,how would i know and what do i do??

She just says shes scared as soon as upstairs is mentioned and wont go up, if we take her up and put her in bed with a dvd on she will be fine and nod off, She has night lights so isnt pitch black at night either
apparently theyre not uncommon, cause really bad dreams and it can go on for years, think its something to do with a chemical imbalance in the brain, a lad i know his daughter had them really bad and they had to take her into hospital for monitoring, she was about 5 i think,

check on google about it, or take her to Gp and mention it, not a nice thing though for her to go through or you for that matter
Old 13-03-2007, 11:23 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

have had wierd things in the past happen when i still stayed at my parents ,on three seperate ocasions(in the middle of the night) i have heard a voice saying my name in the cupboard,seen a silhouette standing at the bottom of my bed and woke up but could not move a muscle

i put it down to a fase with cheap bootleg high comisioner whisky

but it was still fuckin scary.

i was about 21-22 at the time
Old 13-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

actually reading a site on night terrors it could well be that what is our problem
glad i mentioned it now

hope you get it sorted
Old 13-03-2007, 11:29 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Im too scared to go to bed now

Kids are strange tho...hope she grows out of it!

My sister watched that pet cemetary film when se was WAY too young.

She basically freaked out every nite for about a year afterwards.

Was ok til she went to bed, light off etc etc.

Human imagination is an amzing thing...more scary than anything real life.
Old 14-03-2007, 12:35 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you guys need evey and derek
Old 14-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

there is something out there we all know that for those who say
thay dont beleave any of this kind of thing but yet experiance something
your talking shit or making up the story end of.....

your daughter cant be having dreams danny there is someone upsetting her, my niece had this problem when she was 2 mate, what you need to do is put her in the same room as you for a week and see what happends also if you have a camcorder put it on a stand and leave it in the corner of the room, when she screams go back on the tape and see if there is anything there,,,,,,,,,,,

my niece had problems when she was 2 my sister died of birth back in 1986 her name was emma, now when my niece tasha was around 2 or 3 she started talking to someone in her room at night her name was emma when my sister went in her room she asked tasha who she was talking too but she said no one mum and it was left at that,

anyway it went on for 2 years but one year of that was hell for my sister everytime she said tasha to her tasha would flip and say my name is not tasha its emma all the time this went on and every time she was alone in her room she was talking to this so called emma........

she said this girl told her her name wasnt tasha it was emma

she was allways my little girl full of huggs had loads of gifts of me as this was the first of me being an uncle, one day i sat her on my knee when she was around 4 year old and i asked her who her freind was but to my horror and my sister tasha said ,,,,,,,,,,,,

i cant tel you baz she said if i tel she will hurt me with real tears from her eyes

from then on we couldnt ask anymore and left her with this so called freind

who was she was it my other sister who know's but this will be with us till we die ourself
Old 14-03-2007, 02:26 AM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agree with what Baz says, know one has the answers.

I get it a lot of feelings with buildings, call it what you like I dont care but certain places have certain things about them. I can recall a few unexplainable episodes in my mums old house which i cant sleep in to this day,my flat was a bit bad too, our old factory was the same but the new building is fine, been in there on call outs etc at all times and never once felt anything.

Also had a few episodes in the family after my cousins death, at least a couple of these were experienced by a few of my family in the same house at the same time and not just 1 offs.

who knows mate but I hope you can get it sorted.
Old 14-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

david we also have things going on in our home now...

the son and father of next door have both died, the son was a good mate
of mine he was killed last year on dec 17

the son himself was a big beleaver in this kind of stuff he was allways
going of to met these peaple of most haunted and his mum went with him , his mum will be going again soon this will be intresting to she what she gets told about his accident in daylight, and the driver is getting away with it
Old 14-03-2007, 02:44 AM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hope she gets a response from these people that is understandable.

My cousin killed himself and the experiences the family shared were related to what he done to himself.

Strangley my other cousin (his sister) now owns his house which ive stayed in since without any problems except a slight bit of anxiety the first night. She has had him appear on the end of her bed and had a conversation with him but didnt feel frightened for a second , reckoned it was just like he was there. Wasnt a dream either as she was just into bed from what I remember.

It isnt always bad things that can happen.
Old 14-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my nephew seen a man standing by my bedroom door he is
9 and said this guy was wearing a white shirt and just looked
at him when this so called man went he ran down stairs and
he was all white on the face.........

we have had someone walking on our stairs......

things in my room moved.....

and very often i get a very cold shiffer down my back
Old 14-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Danny get your house blessed. There is nothing wrong with it. I would suggest that you at least put some faith into it even if you don't believe, believe just a little it will help.

RsBaz,
What your niece was seeing wasn't your sister (just to clarify, she died giving birth to a baby or died at birth? or the baby died??) I'm not which one is correct but I'm sorry for the loss.

If it was a baby that died, you can't believe that a newborn baby(ghost) grows up? If this were true then all the souls that have passed would keep aging, when do they stop aging?

If it was your sister who passed, I don't think it's her either.

There could be (have been) a not so friendly spirit in the house taking form or shape to convince your niece who they/it were.
Old 14-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry yea that is a little confusing

mum lost a baby back in 86 we was told she was dead at birth so im not
100% sure if she was ever alive to be honest i was only 11, this is something i never asked...

my other sister then had tasha but was still living at home for a short
time before moving out......

but yea i do get your point but nothing else ever happend in our home
and we was there for 14 year's
Old 14-03-2007, 03:20 AM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ffs what a load of overactive imaginations, ghosts........come on guys. to many hollywood films for you lot. if their are ghosts of humans going around why not ghosts of ants and dustmites etc, why should humans be the only ones
Old 14-03-2007, 03:46 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont mean to sound like a knob, but if you have any relatives who live close, get your daughter out of the house and into somewhere she is comfortable

i sure know thats what id be doing

this sort of thing at a young age can fuck up a kid for life
Old 14-03-2007, 03:47 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PT
ffs what a load of overactive imaginations, ghosts........come on guys. to many hollywood films for you lot. if their are ghosts of humans going around why not ghosts of ants and dustmites etc, why should humans be the only ones
pmsl
Old 14-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PT
holly spirit pt someone logged on your p.c @ 4:20am and put this
reply on here

Old 14-03-2007, 12:23 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol

just a realistic comment, to much ghostbusters as a kid for some lol
Old 14-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probs night terrors, I had them real bad as a kid.

But if you want your house blessed go to your nearest church and talk about it there, I've heard it's else to get done.
Old 14-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We were watching a film the other night and our sound system turned off completely on its own... i had to get up to get the controller and switch it back on, proper freaked us out.

But i would suggest looking into it all in depth and working out your options.

I watched life of grime once and they had a council tenant who had to get the house blessed.
Old 14-03-2007, 12:34 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Miss Fiesta Turbo
We were watching a film the other night and our sound system turned off completely on its own... i had to get up to get the controller and switch it back on, proper freaked us out.
must be a 300 year old spirit in your house then if the sound went off dont believe in this kind of stuff at all
Old 14-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Katie

I'd say the night terrors thing is probably quite likely. Might be worth looking into even if just to rule it out! Can't be doing her any good having interrupted sleep all the time

I used to be funny when I was young sleeping. Is your daughter an only child? Nothing to do with chemical imbalances but she might just not like being alone in the quiet (hence why the tv helps?). I didn't like being the only one in bed when the ''adults'' were still downstairs as I felt quite segregated. Properly scared me. Have you tried having her sleep with a teddy and giving it a name and stuff so she feels like someone else is there?

If she doesn't like the room she might not settle there anyway..move her to a different one for a night see if she improves at all?

Get the house blessed though if you think it'll help. If it sorts the problem then it doesn't really matter how it's done!