General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why do scoobies melt pistons generally

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:52 PM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phone round m8 seriously i'm with elephant, i'm 26 with no no claims as my 205 was written off by some dumb bitch and i'm paying £600, well would be if i didn't pay monthly, so nearer £800.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
jesus Ginge,have you put gun runner down as your job description?i pay 200 quid on my 325!
mate its parked in finsbury park on the road over night where nmy cossie was nicked with have the fucking engine in the boot at 2pm opposite a fucking church and NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON NOTICED

you live in the suburbs where the population of your street is HALF what my inmagrant neighbours have living in the 2 bedroom council flat and the only crime commited in you place is non payment of tv licence

i on the other hand live about a drug dealer, my neighbours are chavs and im classed as rich cause im the only family who dont recive income support

that may be the reason,,,,, even though they blamed " living in london"

oh and islington has the HIGHEST CAR CRIME RATE IN THE WHOLE OF FUCKING LONDON,,,,, the head of the car crimes department told me that,,,, WORST THING WAS HE SAID IT LIKE ISLINGTON HAD BEEN AWARDED A FUCKING GEORGE CROSS

oh and these days people use the yellow boards to find out what street there on,,,, CAUSE THERE ON EVERY FUCKING CORNER IT SEEMS
Old 12-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Fagin
Advanced PassionFord User

ALB,
Later models (UK - Newage) use the IHI VF series of turbos.

Ginge,
Try A-Plan or Keith Micheals (look for contact details on ScoobyNet in the Insurance forum) if your looking for Import Scoob insurance.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
jesus Ginge,have you put gun runner down as your job description?i pay 200 quid on my 325!

you live in the suburbs where the population of your street is HALF what my inmagrant neighbours have living in the 2 bedroom council flat and the only crime commited in you place is non payment of tv licence
street?whats one of those??? my adress is james cottage, popes hill !!!!! we dont have road names around here,i just live on a hill named after a weird guy in a white robe!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Jon(M600BHP)
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Aint had no probs with mine

Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Fagin

Oooooo an earlier version of mine (sort of)!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

street?whats one of those??? my adress is james cottage, popes hill !!!!! we dont have road names around here,i just live on a hill named after a weird guy in a white robe!
see thats my point, middle class rich boy compared to poor arse white pikey
Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

rich????er....no,my parents may be well off and im curreently residing with them as i leave the RAF looking to rent somewhere a little less posh! im certainly not rich!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

insurance is a fucking nightmare...

my e34 540 was £400

the scooby was £900

the BRAND fucking new MINI is £700

All full comp on full NCB at 28 years old (!) and in a good area!!!

Alex
Old 12-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate your a white white boy who no matter what chance he had at the start of life but chose to fuck his parents off by having pikey mates who live on a council estate and took a blue collar job rather than carried on business studies and got a degree in uni

but the fact of the matter your post code says your middle class, when you move to moss side then requote the insurance rich boy
Old 12-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by AlexF
insurance is a fucking nightmare...

my e34 540 was £400

the scooby was £900

the BRAND fucking new MINI is £700

All full comp on full NCB at 28 years old (!) and in a good area!!!

Alex
THATS HAPPY NEWS
Old 12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Honestly mate...dont waste your time with anything apart from a full on STI...

the leseer models are a so far away from them.

anything from a version 3 upwards
Old 12-03-2007, 11:09 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Ginge,
Having briefly read your posts, you're already contemplating the mods that cause them to blow in the first place .

People treat them like Cossies and put an aftermarket exhaust and filter on as the first mods, rag the shit out of them and then wonder why they let go .

The standard exhaust system IS extremely restrictive (hence why gains of 30bhp can be seen by changing it), BUT the boost curve fuelling and ignition has been set up for that exact same restrictive exhaust, so unless these are ammended (as the spool up is also DRAMATICALLY effected by basically removing three cats etc) to suit the new exhaust's dramtic change in spool up characteristics, the car WILL melt if used aggressively.

This is where the Scoobies get their unfair reputation for chocolate engines from - big exhausts, no re-maps. Just like Cossies get the same rep for unreliability (poor maintenance, incorrect fuelling). Same with Jap spec car's, they're nearly ALWAYS fitted with a huge exhaust, people forget the quality of fuel available in Japan, as well as the fact that the car's are restricted to 117mph. In Japan, they can therefore get away with running big exhausts and no remap, as the car never get's to high enough load for it to become a problem.

Bring them over here, de-limit them, drive them hard, bang. The myth perpetuates - Scoobies have chocolate engines .
My mate almost learnt that the hard way...

He had a RB5(totally crap) with a full decated Blitz on.

He traded this for a P1 and then fitted the blitz...

The very first time he held it past 140 it totally grenaded itself..took out the full engine, turbo etc etc.

Lucky for him we had the Standard system back on before the nice Subaru warranty people came for a look

After everything was replaced under warranty he had it remapped by Andy F and it totally flew for the mods.(basically a standard car)
Old 12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Surely if you live in a shithole you should spend your cash fucking off from the area, not complaning about it while wanting to buy scoobies and supercharged ZVHs and shit?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

the issue ive got mate is 800 for insurance on a uk model or 1400 for a STANDARD sti

i recon im better off buying a uk spec and modding it to MORE power than a sti spec and the insurance is gonna be cheeper than a modded sti

and all the mods can be removed and then sold on at the end when i stick it back to standard and sell it on,,,,, the 1400 quid insurance aint gonna come back to me

maybe im getting old i dont know but i aint paying the same insurance i did when i was fucking 17 years old 11 years later

i use my car at the weekends for shopping and MAYBE a few car meets if i get a decent car,,,, i CANT JUSTIFY spending over 100 quid a month on insurance on a car thats JUST a toy STILL pay 25 quid a week to travel to work by train

i LOVE cars,,,, but im fucked off and being raped for my cash,,,, fuck making some upper class fat cunt rich by giving him my money to only dispute the claim when i make one and try to screw me over LEGALLY

fuck em mate, as i said maybe its cause im getting older or maybe i value spending money on my child than pissing it up a wall
Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Fair play mate but the normal engines aint up to the punsishment of the STIS.

The suspension etc is totally different also.

The one to have is a P1 if you can afford one, sadly they are the most expensive classcis.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge make sure you get a decent alarm and tracker and pitbull
Old 12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Stavros
Surely if you live in a shithole you should spend your cash fucking off from the area, not complaning about it while wanting to buy scoobies and supercharged ZVHs and shit?
steve my morgage is 238 quid a month i think (its around there), im 10 mins by tube from oxford street, 4 mins from tube from upper street and the current value of my flat is around 180k, maybe more tbh

IF i moved out of this area i wouldnt be able to go out and enjoy my life and still be able to get a night bus home, to buy in a nice area for that amount of money means either shite transport system ( and i happen to have prob the BEST london transport system for london) or get a bigger morgage to buy a place the same size as what ive got with a better postcode and more than DOUBLE my morgage meaning i have to get a job paying more money, ,meaning that my money goes to OTHER people and not my family

besides i actually LIKE living here as i grew up round here, i get NO problems and apart from my cossie that was parked on the road for 18 months ive NEVER had a break in or been mugged

oh and theres also the BEST chinesse ive ever had right nextdoor ( almost) and 2 pubs on the corner of my junction aswell as a 24 hour supermarket ( not a 24 hour offlicence) that sells beer 24 hours a day to the locals

why the fuck would i wanna move to buy a fucking car,,,,,,, that seems a shitty idea to me,,, id rather not buy the fucking car

oh and the zvh i aint got a clue about, ive got a 1.6 acurlite steel rod'ed engine and stage 3 head, cvh36 cam sitting in my garage that ive had for 3 years maybe more,,,,,, cant see why i would buy a zvh when i own that tbh
Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by rapidcossie
Fair play mate but the normal engines aint up to the punsishment of the STIS.

The suspension etc is totally different also.

The one to have is a P1 if you can afford one, sadly they are the most expensive classcis.
mate,,, i appriciate what your saying but its a toy,,,, for 13k for a P1 id rather buy a porsche and have a real mid life crisis

im thinking of a 4k TOP limit on a toy to fuck about with, if it breaks ill repair it {eventually} but its just that, a toy to fuck about with rather than spend all my money down the pub on beer ect
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by aduz
Ginge make sure you get a decent alarm and tracker and pitbull
mate ive got a garage, ive ALWAYS had a garage but ive never had a need to use it so i leave my tennis cabrio and other general shite in there

if i get a scoobie then all that shite is going to the tip cause i cant be arsed to sell stuff hence why ive got a garage FULL of shite,,,,, AND a spare room aswell as my old bedroom at my mums house
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

know where your coming from...

No fun having shit loads of cash sunk into a heap of metal
Old 12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

know where your coming from...

No fun having shit loads of cash sunk into a heap of metal
hey its no fun having no money

i spunked 10k maybe on that fucking cossie and it got nicked and was worth fuck all at the time it was nicked, ive learnt alot from thats a car should reflect your wealth and dont work to pay for a peice of metal

i would have to get a 10k loan to be able to afford a P1,,,, now dont get me wrong i can do that but id rather have a car and no loan,,,,, im fortunate that ive never done loans/credit cards and the only bill ive got is a morgage thats less than a 2 bedroom house in scotland

due to this i have a comfortabe lifestyle and i can party with my mates when ever i want, go pub when ever i want and not have toget a job that pays 50k a year to allow it

im thinking of value for money rather than " i want to ahve the best car in the world,,, show people us poor pikey cunts can afford it" and go to the car shows with 20 quid in my pocket and a packed lunch

i like being the person whos known for buying anyone a drink when he goes to the bar rather than the person who goes toilet when its hes round or WORSE peanuts/goes home

well thats enough about my sado life, back to the topic, can i get a uk spec pikey mobile and make it better than a STI over a period of time and not have to default on a CSA payment that month
Old 13-03-2007, 09:39 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Nah the only one to have is an RA!!!!

Alex
Old 13-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Fagin

Thats fine for track stuff, but not very good for road driving....... the ratio's in the box are way too short.
Old 13-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Dannn

Buy an evo 2/3 or may be a 4

Quick ebay search:

Evo 3
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150100876474

Evo 2
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130088190636
Old 13-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Hooligan

Mine had an uprated Wallbro fuelpump, K&N panelfilter, 3" decatted mongoose front to back, larger turbo (can't remember the type anymore ) and a custommapped piggyback ecu.

Very very quick car, never once let me down!

Horrible piece of understeering shit with regards to handling though but apperantly that is easily sorted as well if you spend some money in the right places.

I would have one again if it wasn't for the boyracer looks
Old 13-03-2007, 10:49 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

How much to RA's go for?
Old 13-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

in an RA you will be in 5th gear by 30mph and on the rev limit by 35 mph
Old 13-03-2007, 11:45 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

LOL 140 mph flat out in 5th is apperently not fast enough in this country
Old 13-03-2007, 01:30 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ginge,im a white boy?wtf?have u looked in the mirror? as for my parents,they havent always had cash!worked bloody hard,and i have had quotes for the legacy with steve on insurance as well,in central cheltenham,still only 200 quid! i reckon greenlight have been reading your posts on you being friends with the Krays etc and bumped your insurance up!
Old 13-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Insurance person- occupation sir?
Ginge- Im a gangsta, yo.

Old 13-03-2007, 01:43 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

gimme a quote or youll be swimming with the fishes,see?
Old 13-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

He had a RB5(totally crap) with a full decated Blitz on.
I heard the RB5 is still an amazing car??

oh... I forgot you are a straight line only MONKEY

Seriously though, the RB5 won a used car drivers car contest in EVO magazine only one month ago. Supposed to be a stuning car to drive still!!!
Old 13-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexF
LOL 140 mph flat out in 5th is apperently not fast enough in this country
thought the RA was more like 115 on the limiter
Old 13-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

gimme a quote or youll be swimming with the fishes,see?
and send out the wrong part when you order a few oil filter for your mondeo
Old 13-03-2007, 01:58 PM
MancDave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

mike ive already spoke to Stu about a live map,,,,, the FIRST thing i would do is book it in for him to check the fueling,,,, im too poor and hes prices are too cheep NOT to have that done ( and besides he always gives me a pretty folder to tell me all the problems with the car )

im looking into not having a slow 4wd toy if that makes sence, ive been thinking of buying another cossie since the last one got nicked but the idea of spending 5k on a 20 year old car and spend the rest of my life chasing rust ect,,,,, just seems a stupid idea to me, though it made sence when i owned a cossie

4k on a car that the missus aproves off ( meaning shes gonna fund part of it ) and its a car ive wanted for a while,,,, just sounds a winning plan.

just dont wanna buy one and find they are slow,,, as in my bmw does 140mph, it goes sideways, its got aircon BUT and this is the big thing,,,, its slow, dont pin me back in the seat, power comes in too late and then i bounce it off the limiter

was thinking about a supercharger/turbo conversion, thought about a 4.4 v8 conversion

but REALITY keeps popping in there,,,, why pay 4k on a car worth 1500 quid when i could just buy a car for 4k

everyone is saying get a e34 M5,,,, not the car for me and cant jusify getting a loan out to buy a e39 M5,,,, considering when the loan would be paied off the car wont be worth the interest ( you know what i mean)

so a scooby seems a safe(ish) bet,,,, providing the power is there and lot of people claim it is but then my version of fast aint the same as others, i like to accelerate on motorways as if im driving kitt not have a car thats quick to 110ish then feel,,,,,,, slow
Ginge just to add i do actually like subarus 2 of my friends own 2 models 1 a 53 plate sti and other sti classic type ra ?

53 plate was not as fast as i was hopin quite a let down to be honest felt ok early to about 4000-4500 rpm but after That dead i mean up a cog please
on the bright side it sounded fookin amazin thats for sure ?
On the same car i was driving around last saturday and came up against a megane 225 sport yes he was up for it we shot off (pvt road of course) and the race was on i took the edge thats for sure maybe 2-3 car lengths then that was it gained nowt all the way to 130ish lets say i was severly disappointed to say the least ?

Now that same car i raced a standard boxter in and was neck and neck from a standing start for around a mile in a str line again not over delighted ?
It just felt to me like a lot of the current cars available was up there and i like to destroy and embarass them models ?

Now the classic type ra is quicker but again runs out of puff very fast 5k max and not much after mid 3rd gear????

I am just givin you my personnel experience on these 2 cars i have access 2 personally i would go for a cossie everyday of the week
1.grin factor
2.drivers car
3.much better on boost (pull)power delivery if you get where im comin from!!
4.Fact stage 3 cosworth would destroy both of the cars above above 45mph (just the edge off take off)

Like i say subarus handle much better fact have plenty to offer
But for me unless you spend plenty of £ k they just dont seem fast enough through out rev range?
Obviously u have your exclusion models which i am well aware of -

P1
22B
S202
WR1
and plenty of others but there not 4 k r they??

STAGE 3 COS 4-5K IF YOU GET ME

By no means am i slating subarus or biggin up fords its justs facts are facts and i am being as truthful as possible

Dave
Old 13-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Fagin

To be fair though, you state a Stage 3 Cossie would pee all over either a Newage STi or a Classic RA...... you tune both of those scoobs to the same level (especially the RA) and you think that would be the same outcome? A 350bhp Classic Subaru is very very fast for a road car.
Old 13-03-2007, 02:41 PM
MancDave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

Originally Posted by Fagin
To be fair though, you state a Stage 3 Cossie would pee all over either a Newage STi or a Classic RA...... you tune both of those scoobs to the same level (especially the RA) and you think that would be the same outcome? A 350bhp Classic Subaru is very very fast for a road car.
Yes but for 4-5k its hard to get equivalent sti suburau if you get me im talkin strickly pound for buck!!!!!

I have no doubt a subaru at 350bhp is amazin mobile
Old 13-03-2007, 04:29 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Step to becoming 'Bad Boy'

1. Buy a subaru

2. Crank up the sound system and put this on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjUjJ0kJyc

3. Enjoy!

Old 13-03-2007, 04:54 PM
rowan
Virgin

why did that not work................
balls!

but seriously "kids in the back of my car with gonereah"
awesome!

Quick Reply: why do scoobies melt pistons generally