General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Little bit sad today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Little bit sad today....

Got told about midday that one of my cats died today...

Well, actually to be fair, he was put down at the vets. He'd been ill for some time (problems with protein digenstion or something, think his kidneys were packing up or something) and had got VERY thin and just wasn't happy at all. He basically stopped moving a week or so ago, and gave up eating about then aswell - just drank the best part of half a litre of water a DAY for the last week

So my old dear took him to the vets today, slightly ahead of schedule (was due to go in on the coming Tuesday) and they said he was on deaths door, and either they put him down, or they keep him at the vets, keeping him alive on fluids. So she (my old dear) chose to put him down. Seemed pointless to let the vets keep him alive on fluids as he'd be even less happy in a vets pen on his own than he was at home with warmth and company

So, even tho I knew it was coming (I actually suggested it was time to start thinking about having him put down to my old dear last night), I'm still a bit sad as I didn't really get to give him "goodbye" as such. I was late this morning, so rushed downstairs and straight out the door, not having time to pet any of my three cats So I missed him

Oh well, it's the best thing as he wans't happy or comfortable. Still sad tho

RIP Joey cat
Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's always sad when a pet passes away, will you be getting a replacement?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very sad. We love our cats, though we only have one now (the other 2 both got knocked down on the road within 12 months of each other).

Ours is just like a member of the family and we would be lost without him.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
GazzaG
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lost both my cats from problems with there kidneys

Am very sorry to hear that fella.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Ah mate, real sorry to hear that.................. as I've said before I'd be in bits if I lost my 'little man'.......fucker that he is I wouldn't be without him. No way.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Dojj - I still have my eldest and the youngest (actually the sister of the male cat that died) so won't be getting anymore. I'm gonna be gutted to leave them behind when I move, so will have to get my own, tho I am double thinking it, cos I really hate the feeling when you lose one

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Sound System Van Man
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through this last month with our cat of of over 18yrs TBH one of the sadest days of my life, first time ive cryed in about 10 years

I really feel for mate, you will feel better though it just takes a while.

All the best mate
Old 10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Worst part of having a pet
Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

love my cats, gutted got you
Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that
We have two cats, Im dreading the day something happens to them
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Very sad, feel for you's.

i've got a Kitten of 7 months, and it wouldn't be nice to be with out her.

My brothers Cat got run over last year, and i've never seen him so down, it was very sad.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry to hear this There just like a member of the family, you get so attached to them.

I'd be lost without my two! I talk to them more than i speak to Alex And at least they chat back to lol
Old 10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
7xrskb
PassionFord Regular

I had tears in my eyes when I had to have my cats put to sleep some time ago through illness. Tis very sad. I now have two more but I'm dreading the day anything happens to them.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Thats grim!

I used to have two cats from 2 weeks old. My girlfriend (at the time-now my wife) got them as a birthday present. I wasn't allowed to call them Itchy and Scratchy, or Drunk and Disorderlly!

So they were called Bart and Lisa.

Bart lived on my lap for a couple of years, but Lisa was a bit skittish, cause Bart used to beat her up a bit!

Anyway!

I went skiing with work and left them in the capable hands of my girlfriend and Bart managed to run across the road at an impromptu time( a Scooby hit him! )

Lisa was well happy because Bart bullied her, but Mrs Cossie916 wasn't so happy ( nor the Scooby driver apparently! ). Especially as it happened while I was away and she was sheepish as hell on the phone every night! It happened on my birthday, the day I left! She kept it to herself until I got back two weeks later because she didn't want to ruin my trip!

(It was one of the only times I've cried in my life when I got back! Because she bottled it up! And because Bart was a legend!)

Lisa is still alive and well and has made it to the ripe old age of 7!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Katie

I know how you feel Thrush...we've had all the waifs and strays over the years and everytime one of them keels over you're gutted. Only got the one cat and dog here now (plus some hissy grumpy old stray who lives on the doorstep and won't come in)..and one cat at my dads...worst for me by far though was losing the dog we had since I was 2/3. Christ..I kept a clipping of his stinky old dog hair in a box. I found the box the other day (a little biscuit tin type box) opened it up and god did it stink..after 2-3 years aswell..mum had a sniff and went ''cor, it's like he's still here''..then we had a cry. Pair of bloody saddoes.

I think it's just because, unlike people...animals don't answer back, stay out late or piss you off. Losing them is like losing the only person in the house you don't get annoyed by.

RIP Joey
Old 11-03-2007, 05:19 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

they say having a pet is the best thing you can do as a young child because it teaches you the meaning of death

it's still a fucker when it happens though
Old 12-03-2007, 12:39 AM
PinkRinse
PassionFord Regular

Awwwww I'm really sorry to hear about this. Was this the same cat you posted about a while back?

It sounds like exactly the same thing our cat Peg had. Suddenly she lost all the weight she had (she wasnt that big to begin with) but she ended up skin and bones. She was on these injections and special vet food for cats with kidney problems but it only slightly delayed the inevitable. I just couldnt be there when she was put down or I would have been in absolute pieces. My poor mum had to be there when both our cats were put down (Peg's younger sisters Indiana Jones was put down when she got lymphatic cancer).

Its weird because you keep expecting them to walk round the corner or you realise what a comfort they were or the topic of most of our conversations. Just give your other cats extra cuddles!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear it bud i lost my german shepard in similar circumstances we knew she was on her way out and had her booked in to be put down on the saturday i got in from work on the thursday afternoon before and she was dead on my kitcken floor, people who dont own pets dont understand, im a really hard faced cunt but when me dog died i dont mind admitting i cryed my eyes out it was a big loss to me,

RIP Joey
Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

There's nothing worse than loosing a pet... My girlfriends cat is absolutely everything to her. Whenever where out we have to nip home and check on him. He wakes up of a morning with her and goes to bed of a night with her. And now because he is becoming old when he goes outside for about ten minutes which is all she will allow him she watches him outside. Once when I let him out she was frantic looking for him. I'm dreading when that cat passes
away as she will be heartbroken so much I honestly don't think she will cope.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:56 AM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sad to hear that, atleast you know he's in a better place! cant think of having to ever get my dog put down
Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 AM
scotty86d
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Feel sorry for you, tbh I would miss more dog more than my siblings.

Im dreading the day something happens to my current dog. shes 12, been run over once but she is probably more active than she was a few years ago. still Im always worried when i get back from uni at the weekends that she wont be there. I always make an effort to spend a few mins with her before i go away again as she pulls one of those faces when you leave.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Thanks for your words peeps, very touching

To be fair, I am not as cut up about it as I was when my dog died some years ago. I think it's possibly just because I knew it was coming... I knew he was ill, and I knew he was either going to die, or we were going to have to have him put down - on the Friday (day before he was actually put down) I said to my mother last thing at night that it's about time to think about having him put down as he really wasn't a happy cat anymore.

I am glad in that respect that he WAS put down, rather than died naturally, as I am sure it would have been painfull and not nice to die naturally as oppsed to a vets needle... And whilst I am sad that I didn't get to say a proper "goodbye" just before he went, I am glad he was in my mothers arms (who he liked the best anyway) when he got the injection, as at least he was with "family" - and not in a cold pen cage in a lonely vets surgery.

Which is why my old dear chose to have him put down there and then, as the only other option was to have him kept at the vets on a drip keeping him alive, like a kitty life support machine. He wouldn't have liked that and would be even less happy than he was anyway... Plus, what would be the point? He wouldn't be with us anyway, as he'd be at the vets and we'd be at home - so we would have already had the "loss" of him not being there. Might aswell put him out his misery and let him die gently and painlessly.

(PS, PinkRinse - yes, same cat )