General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone here ever supercharged a car before ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
Originally Posted by skeg
Ginge, i've got no issues with you but after reading this i have to ask, do you think you take things too seriously?

It seems people find it easy to get you on the end of the fishing rod mate.
mate i dont take things serious at all,,, think thats the point really as you prob aint got the same feeling when you see someones name on a reply to a post and you KNOW before to read it theres just YET ANOTHER post with a attempt to belittle and no actual need to reply on the post,,, now to be fair if it was a humor piss take,,,, im MORE than up for that as i give out abuse all the time

but when its the usual bollox off pon ( the biggest member) and as ive noticed of late porkie who ALSO adds the insulting replies,,,,, they just assume the usual and make fun JUST to act like the class clown,,,, yeah i DO take offence

though to be fair its USUALLY Steve who has the first dig and pon usually follows but this time he gave me alot of infomation that was usefull,,,, but i was expecting the usuall abuse dished out by Steve

im prob one of the most open and laid back people I know, i dont hate anyone and i talk about anything to anyone,,,,, when EVER i meet people i ALWAYS comment if they look better than the last time i seen them or if there looking well ect and if anyone i know is down for what ever reason i ALWAYS try to make them think posative thoughts/forget about there problems/help them through them untill they are yet again confident as they once was

as said dont take everything i say on here as JUST being me, theres alot more to me

and i dont show off infront of people either for others to think im something im not, im the same pikey chav i always was
as some one who has know ginge for a few years now, maybe not really really well, but better than most on here. i'd have to agree that he is very straight up and honest with ya. also is laid back and can take as much abuse as he gives out.

this post kind of got ruined, as far as i could see is he had an idea and wanted to see if it was possible before investing time/money in it.

i know ive done the same thing and so has most people on here.
at the end of the day its what the site is all about, shareing knowledge with others.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

PMSL this threads come on a bit since my day in work
Old 09-03-2007, 06:42 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stavros
the places there IS room, ie over the box and stuff, there no way to run the charger.

transverse engines suck cock
i think its possible with a little bit of thought
Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stavros

the supercharged zetecs etc you see around wont help you much as they all just pussy boost bolt on kits like the bolt on turbo kits that used to be popular.
I think Van Aaken only did one Supercharged ZS, and that turned out like the ir turbo'd ZS'........shit.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Ginge !
and as ive noticed of late porkie who ALSO adds the insulting replies,,,,,
Like when???? show some or apologise!!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You been searching for your name Porkie?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
roberttangerine

I have got a supercharged 4x4 cos with a three bar map and greens, at the mo is only running 10psi with an eaton charger (mp62). The good bits are the noise (the whine scares the shit out of pedestrians) and 10psi as soon as you hit the throttle whatever revs you are at, the bad thing is little or no punch in the back but as has been said maybe more boost would mean more of a kick? It drives more like a large engined car and pulls from 1200 to red line really well.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Yup, same as 10psi in a normal cossie- its shit

More boost would soon wake it up.

Any ideas what rpm the chargers running at mo? Hopefully can run more with a smaller pulley and not need to fit a bigger charger.

Id love to hear what it sounds like, must be

Its a shame the charger is roughly where the turbo is (it is, isnt it?) otherwise you could twincharge it, as the supercharger is the hardest bit...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
roberttangerine

Yeah the charger is where the turbo used to be. On the eaton paperwork they say the mp62 is good for up to a 4.0 so it should shift enough air for more boost. I have run out of interest in it a bit so will either ebay the car or fit the t34 .63 I have for a bit of a kick. With something relatively untried the fitting is one thing but the development is just as tricky.