General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Train crash in cumbria

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Stevie mix
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Kendal,the crash site is about 3 mile north of town,heared loads of sirens going last night,unawear of what was going on..
Old 24-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TF Rallyesport
since when do the p-way isolated the overheads?

and the isolation control is at cathcart,

do i need to go on?

perhaps you want the point number and machine style in question?ive worked on it for the last 15 years remember.
ANYONE can request an isolation of the overheads in an emergency

I can do it, you can do it, someone in a booking office can do it if they so wish

And yes - Cathcart is the ECO for lines north of Preston (I couldn't remember the name of it as it is nearly 2 years since I worked trains over that area, only that it is the eco for the Glasgow region)

For example - you see something hanging from the OHLE - wether it be a pair of trainers, a binbag, a lump of tree - anything at all, then you are required by the governing rulebook to contact the ECO (Sections AC1, M1, G1) and request an isolation. Once you have gained an isolation of the OHLE - noted by use of the 24 hour clock - and you have the ECO's assurence that it is isolated he will tell you the following : "OHLE Isolated at xxxx place. It is now safe to approach but do not touch" It will only be safe to touch once the OHLE is earthed at a DEP.

If the person requesting the isolation has to leave the "worksite" for any reason or a Network Rail Incident Officer arrives, you MUST hand the isolation over to that person by once again contacting the ECO and quoting the 4 digit isolation number (24 hour clock - the time of isolation - IE, 1414). Only once the isolation has been handed over are you permitted to leave the "worksite"

There is more to it obviously, but that is the basics.
Old 24-02-2007, 04:15 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
maybe bit harsh i relise it atm, but all the ones i seen town here are sciving all the time. Down my mates who selling a car and a van load of them turned up to look at car and they was joking how they where suppose to be working on the clock Shame really, the tracks seem to be in a mess though, wasnt RAil track caught on panorama some time ago about amount of bad repairs etc?

i am shocked an apalled