General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Got Some Great News Yesterday*Update at bottom of text*

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 AM
diesel2000
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Some Great News Yesterday*Update at bottom of text*

Back in 2003 I was driving to my Mother in Laws house at about 6pm. In the middle of the central reservation was a group of kids about 16 yr old. I was travelling at the speed limit (30mph) when one of them ran out infront of me. There was fuck all I could do and I hit him at about 20mph, he got up and went to the side of the road. When I got out they were all pissed up and smoking dope and wanting to run off but because he had obviously broke his nose I made him wait while I called the ambulance. Once the Police came all his mates legged it but I made him stay put for the ambulance. The Police did all the usual stuff, breathalyser, car checks, insurance etc and even commented that the lad was pissed.

Anyway, I went home, a bit shaken, a big dent in my bonnet, but just glad I hadnt seriously hurt him. I was cleared of any wrong doing by the Police a week later

Two month later a Solicitor letter drops through the door accusing me of careless driving and telling me they were goin to claim against me for damages. I contacted my insurance and my premium more than doubled (it was due for renewal). I went through all the carry on of giving statements, having assesors coming out and taking photographs of the accident spot etc. Only good news I had at the time was that they were going to fight the claim on my behalf.

Yesterday I got a letter from my now ex insurance company saying the case had been dropped after 3 and a half years and I would shortly recieve a cheque reimbursing me for the extra premiums I paid for 3 years, plus I get all my no claims back!

Looking forward to finding out how much they owe me!!

*Well I got £671 back off Royal Sun Alliance. Not as much as I had hoped and I am so tempted to counter claim against the scrawny little fucker! But, now I have 7 years NCB instead of 3 years, so im due a rebate off my new company too

One day ill bump into the Chav little cunt in Sunderland and a broken nose will be the least of his worries
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Wicked news mate! Pleased for you, insurance company came good then hey! Might be worth a mention....

Shame you were put in that position from just trying to do the right thing really, pikey little cunts!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to hear but i cant belive how shite this country is that it got that far to start with, the lad of his family should have been made to pay you for damages to your car if he was drunk.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM
GazzaG
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bit of a weight off your shoulders there mate!

Well done
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
diesel2000

Originally Posted by Dan
Wicked news mate! Pleased for you, insurance company came good then hey! Might be worth a mention....

Shame you were put in that position from just trying to do the right thing really, pikey little cunts!
Well to be honest I got sick of the Insurance Company never returning my calls, thats why I left them September last year halfway through a policy. I understand that they have other customers, but 3 and a half years is a long time to go with only 4 letters.

It was Royal Sun Alliance, I get a discount through Shell.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

i'd get down your solicitors now and get a claim in for the damages against him now.

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 AM
diesel2000

Originally Posted by rssteve
i'd get down your solicitors now and get a claim in for the damages against him now.
I was really tempted mate, but its in the past now and I just cant be bothered with all the hassle again.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Send him the good old shit in a box

Pikey little wanker
Old 11-02-2007, 11:01 AM
89xr2
Brap!

Well done mate. Really good news.

On the same sort of theme a few years ago one of my mates was sat at a roundabout with his handbrake on waiting to pull onto the roundabout. Some divvy bint then decides to plough into the back of his stationary car. They exchanged details etc. everything was fine. Then a month or so down the line he gets a letter through the door saying that this woman is taking him to court as he reversed into her. He was a trainee nurse, she was the wife of a barrister/judge or something. Long story short they believed her over him and he got royally fucked in the ass. Premium doubled, lost his no claims etc. Just goes to show how much of a joke our legal system is.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:04 AM
diesel2000

Originally Posted by 89XR2

On the same sort of theme a few years ago one of my mates was sat at a roundabout with his handbrake on waiting to pull onto the roundabout. Some divvy bint then decides to plough into the back of his stationary car. They exchanged details etc. everything was fine. Then a month or so down the line he gets a letter through the door saying that this woman is taking him to court as he reversed into her. He was a trainee nurse, she was the wife of a barrister/judge or something. Long story short they believed her over him and he got royally fucked in the ass. Premium doubled, lost his no claims etc. Just goes to show how much of a joke our legal system is.
Them fucking Yanks are to blame, sueing everyone for everything. I am a First Aider at work, and when we did the 4 day course one of the first things the trainer told us was 'If you dont have to help, dont help. You might get sued!!!'
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by diesel2000

Them fucking Yanks are to blame, sueing everyone for everything. I am a First Aider at work, and when we did the 4 day course one of the first things the trainer told us was 'If you dont have to help, dont help. You might get sued!!!'
I really hate that kind of talk. If I see someone who needs help, and I am in a position to help, I find it really hard to ignore them.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
diesel2000

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Originally Posted by diesel2000

I really hate that kind of talk. If I see someone who needs help, and I am in a position to help, I find it really hard to ignore them.
I agree, but what would have happened if I had let the lad run away. I could have still phoned Police to get myself in the clear and I know fine well they didnt get my Reg, I could have saved 3 and a half years worth of grief by letting him run off.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Anonymous
Banned

law's an ass end off
Old 11-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bloody hell!

Glad its sorted now mate. What a relief
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

laws in the uk seem to br for the law breakers,not the honest people nowdays
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Less
laws in the uk seem to br for the law breakers,not the honest people nowdays
Yep. Mate of mine is a doorman and was dealing with a chap that had been assaulted and the medic that was trying to help. Drunk bloke tries to swing for the female medic Mate promptly puts bloke on the floor whereupon he gets arrested for assault
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Series1Dry

Top news mate. The decent people in this country get treated like shite Nice to see the right outcome
Old 11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fantastic news for you for you mate

respect to you for stopping and doing what you did